PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Lakers fans

LnGrrrR
12-26-2008, 01:47 PM
It pissed me off most of the night last night, but good job on getting it done. We didn't perform down the stretch. Hopefully our guys will use this to motivate them and keep cruising along.

DrHouse
12-26-2008, 01:55 PM
I was surprised to see the lack of execution in the clutch from the Celtics.

Thus far the Celtics have been the best 4th quarter team in the NBA.

xtremesteven33
12-26-2008, 02:04 PM
Lakers still belong to the C's.

Its funny how they treated this win like a Finals win. pretty sad.

cornbread
12-26-2008, 02:06 PM
This thread is a friendly and much needed gesture. There are a couple Lakers fans on this site that are in desperate need of praise and attention after yesterday's game. You've likely made their day.

YellowFever
12-26-2008, 02:49 PM
It's sad that the only thing Spurs fan have left is to make fun of the over-celebration of other teams wins.

Showtime24 LAKERS
12-26-2008, 02:51 PM
It was a business game, we just went out there and finished the business thats all...

Allanon
12-26-2008, 02:54 PM
It pissed me off most of the night last night, but good job on getting it done. We didn't perform down the stretch. Hopefully our guys will use this to motivate them and keep cruising along.

Congrats on a well played game, should be a fun game in February as well.

YellowFever
12-26-2008, 02:56 PM

This game has been so over-hyped that it wouldn't surprise me if one of the team or both go 500 for the next 8 games or so, just from suffering a let down.

Right now, you gotta say Boston is the favorite to win it all this year.

21_Blessings
12-26-2008, 07:20 PM

Funny how this was the first time the Celtics saw a healthy Lakers core and they were stomped in the 4th quarter.

C's may own an injury depleted Lakers team that is forced to start a guy like Lamar Odom but the current Celtics belong to a healthy Lakers team rocking Bynum, Gasol and Kobe in the starting lineup.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-26-2008, 07:40 PM
Funny how this was the first time the Celtics saw a healthy Lakers core and they were stomped in the 4th quarter.

C's may own an injury depleted Lakers team that is forced to start a guy like Lamar Odom but the current Celtics belong to a healthy Lakers team rocking Bynum, Gasol and Kobe in the starting lineup.

Most people are considering the C's the overwhelming title favorites, but their bench is raising serious doubts. If we give them the benefit of the doubt and assume P.J. Brown signs with them in February, this is their depth chart:

PG Rondo House
SG Allen Allen
SF Pierce ????
PF KG Powe
C Perkins Brown

They need a backup 3 who defends well and can play the 4 when Boston decides to go small, a.k.a. James Posey. They also need a backup PG who can deliver the ball to R. Allen when Rondo Pierce and KG are resting. The stretch where House Allen and Allen were playing killed Boston IMO.

Perhaps that's somewhat of a knee jerk criticism of a 27-3 team but their bench seems too weak for them to go all the way.

Ghazi
12-26-2008, 07:57 PM

lol, "stomped".

mystargtr34
12-26-2008, 08:14 PM

No one really gives a fuck hey. Like i said, your coming on here to a Spurs board and trying to tell the Spurs fans that LA is the better team and will win in the Finals. Until that happens, we dont really give a fuck, in two weeks time no one will talk about this game, but the 39 point ass whooping will still be on peoples minds when they think of the Lakers.

Thats just the way it is. Until then, your better off saving it and going on to a Lakers board and sucking each others dicks about how you stomped the Celtics after being down 2 with 3 minutes to go at Home.

Killakobe81
12-26-2008, 08:40 PM
No one really gives a fuck hey. Like i said, your coming on here to a Spurs board and trying to tell the Spurs fans that LA is the better team and will win in the Finals. Until that happens, we dont really give a fuck, in two weeks time no one will talk about this game, but the 39 point ass whooping will still be on peoples minds when they think of the Lakers.

Cant speak for others i do go to the Lakers board but come here cuz I live in SA and you guys are the only other legit team in the NBA besides the Celts ...I think the CAVS are overrated (but Lebron is the truth) ...
Oralndo relies too much on 3's
As for the west should be interesting but we own Dallas and Hornets, Spurs own the Suns, Jazz and Blazers Jazz own Rockets and Hornets Hornets own Jazz and Suns all that being said I take my chances against all of 'em SPurs being the best threat to a title for my squad ...
Oh and you guys luck out in Feb we are playing you guys on back 2 back

Thats just the way it is. Until then, your better off saving it and going on to a Lakers board and sucking each others dicks about how you stomped the Celtics after being down 2 with 3 minutes to go at Home.

Zee Laker
12-26-2008, 08:40 PM

Thats very true. The Lakers needed that win alot more than the C's. This W proves to the Lakers they can beat that C's if they meet in the finals again this year, but its still a Reg. season game. It was a nice win, but it dont mean much

TheMACHINE
12-27-2008, 06:05 PM

Didnt you predict the Celtics were gonna own the Lakers xmas day?

DrHouse
12-27-2008, 06:09 PM
You really think Laker fans, who have seen their team win 9 rings in the past 2-3 decades and go to the Finals countless times, give a shit about regular season victories? We don't hang up WCF banners in Staples. It's championship or bust.