PDA

View Full Version : 2009 NBA Draft

Biggems
12-26-2008, 02:02 PM
I believe we have only one pick, a 2nd rounder. That means our options may be limited. One player I have been looking at, especially for our system is 6'7 SG Josh Carter, TAMU. He is one of the best pure jump shooters in college. He is an excellent 3pt and FT shooter. He is a team player.

Now his lateral quickness isn't the greatest and he won't be taking opponents off the dribble on a regular basis, but I feel in the late 2nd, he would be a perfect choice.

With our team, we can always use guys who can live around the perimeter and drop jumpers when Duncan has to pass out of the double or triple team.

Bruno
12-26-2008, 02:14 PM
Spurs have 3 second rounds picks :
- The Warriors one.
- The Rockets' one.
- The best between Spurs' and Hornets' one.

If the season ended today, Spurs would have the 35th, 53rd and 55th pick.

yavozerb
12-26-2008, 02:31 PM
That 35th pick will probably hold more value than if the spurs had a late 1st round pick.

Bartleby
12-26-2008, 02:32 PM
Particularly if they want to draft overseas.

Biggems
12-26-2008, 02:55 PM
Spurs have 3 second rounds picks :
- The Warriors one.
- The Rockets' one.
- The best between Spurs' and Hornets' one.

If the season ended today, Spurs would have the 35th, 53rd and 55th pick.

I could have sworn we gave at least one of those away via trade....I was under the impression that we had 2 at least, but I have not seen any mock sites with us having 2 picks. They all have us with only 1.

If we do indeed have three 2nd rounders....then by all means, let's go after Carter. That gives us two other picks to address our low post area.

K-State Spur
12-26-2008, 03:31 PM
no first rounder. Thanks for nothing kurt thomas

the way he is playing of late, he may prove worthy of a late 20s pick (in what is - by all accounts - a weak draft class) yet.

T Park
12-26-2008, 03:33 PM
This draft sucks so the trade was still good. The people that rip that trade are just plain wrong...