PDA

View Full Version : Former UFC Fighter Justin Eilers Murdered

dallaskd
12-26-2008, 03:09 PM
http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/articlefiles/7857-EilersThompson032HDNetFight.jpg

Mixed martial arts fighter Justin Eilers was shot and killed late Christmas night in Nampa, Idaho. Eilers' manager and friend, Monte Cox, confirmed his death to MMAWeekly.com Friday morning.

According to various reports, Canyon County Sheriff's Officers responded to a domestic disturbance call in the 4600 block of Happy Valley Road in Nampa at 10:44 p.m. on Thursday.

When officers arrived on the scene they found that an adult male, later confirmed as Eilers, had been shot and killed. James Robert Malec, 48, was taken into custody and charged with second-degree murder.

Details surrounding the incident have not yet been revealed by police, but sources close to Eilers indicate that Malec is the boyfriend of Eilers' mother. He and Eilers reportedly got into some sort of argument and Malec allegedly produced a gun and shot Eilers.

Emergency workers attempted to revive Eilers, but were unsuccessful.

The incident is still under investigation by the Canyon County Sheriff's Office.

Eilers – 19-7-1 as a professional MMA fighter – fought for the Ultimate Fighting Championship in late 2004 where he won his Octagon debut before exiting the promotion following a three-fight skid, one of the losses was to then UFC heavyweight champion Andrei Arlovski. He would later fight for World Extreme Cagefighting a couple of times before losing an EliteXC heavyweight title bid to Antonio Silva earlier this year in July.

Justin Eilers was 30 years old at the time of his death.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=7857&zoneid=2

desflood
12-26-2008, 03:47 PM
Or was it in defense?

From Sherdog: Justin Eilers was shot and died shortly after on Friday morning in an apparent domestic disturbance at an acquaintance’s home in Canyon County, Idaho. Eilers was 30 years old.

Canyon County sheriffs arrived at the residence at 10:44 p.m. MST, where Eilers was found shot and wounded.

"Emergency medical staff took live-saving measures, but they were unsuccessful," said Capt. Dana Maxfield.

Eilers was pronounced deasd at the scene. An autopy conducted Friday released the cause of death as a single gunshot wound to the chest. The bullet reportedly punctured Eilers’ lung before exiting his body, said Monte Cox, Eiler's longtime manager.

Cox said Eilers had gathered with relatives for the holidays, but tensions escalated with an ex-girlfriend, also in attendance. Eilers was asked to leave the residence, but was said to have refused and began throwing dishes and other objects in protest. The home’s owner was then said to have pulled a gun on Eilers and shot him in the chest after a brief verbal confrontation.

Eilers’ ex-girlfriend, mother, and young son were said to have been in the room at the time of the shooting.

djohn14
12-26-2008, 05:13 PM
Damn....damn shame.

Evan
12-26-2008, 07:06 PM
sad story.....

dbreiden83080
12-26-2008, 07:11 PM
So sad, especially around the holidays..

desflood
01-22-2009, 05:35 PM
The mother of mixed martial arts fighter Justin Eilers testified Thursday she thought the worst of an argument was over when she heard a shot from behind her and her husband fatally shot Eilers.

Gwen Moore was the first witness called in a preliminary hearing for her husband, James Malec, who is charged with second-degree murder. She spoke haltingly, frequently wiping away tears and rarely looking toward her husband.

After about two hours of testimony from Moore and another witness, Magistrate Gregory Frates said there is enough evidence to send the case to district court, where felonies are tried. His arraignment on the charge is set for Jan.30.

She said her 30-year-old son was yelling and angry during a family gathering on Christmas night and had swept dishes and other items off her Nampa home‚s breakfast bar, breaking them. She said she had pushed her son away from the kitchen and thought he was going to go outside, so she turned to go back to washing dishes with her husband.

"As soon as I stepped aside from (Justin) I heard a shot from behind me," Moore said. "I felt something go past my ear."

She said her son took a couple of steps into the living room after the shot.

"He had a surprised look on his face and he said, 'I'm dead, I'm dead. I love you mom.' And then he fell." :(

And from the Idaho Press:

Sheldon said he saw Malec with his pistol drawn holding it with both hands and his arms outstretched.

Malec had also been drinking that day, according to court testimony.

The gun Malec allegedly used in the crime was a gift he had received that day, Moore said. She said he usually carried a gun with him.

"He always carried one because we live out in the country and we have skunks and coyotes," Moore said.

LEONARD
01-22-2009, 05:40 PM
"He had a surprised look on his face and he said, 'I'm dead, I'm dead. I love you mom.' And then he fell." :(

so disturbing... :(