PDA

View Full Version : Bowen

Spurs Brazil
12-26-2008, 04:14 PM
Do you think Bruce will be playing major minutes in the playoffs, like his usual 30-35 minutes?
I think by the end of the year we値l see Bruce playing 10-14 minutes a game and we値l only see him playing big minutes if we face players like Kobe or T-Mac and they are on fire.
I know it just December but it looks like Pop will finish games with Big 3 + Thomas or Bonner and Finley or Mason Jr

T Park
12-26-2008, 04:18 PM
I think the spurs are deep enough at the wing positions to allow to let Bowen rest until the e d of the year and then give him big minted when necessary.

Spurs Brazil
12-26-2008, 04:23 PM
I also think Pop is trying new things
Since 04 we're finishing games with Big 3 + Bruce + Center. Now Pop wants to see how the team will do with Bruce on the bench on the end of games.

Kori Ellis
12-26-2008, 04:25 PM
I think Pop is just preserving him for the playoffs, while also seeing what the other wings can do. He'll probably get 30-35 minutes in some playoff games, and get 15 in others. I can still imagine there will be lots of postseason 4th quarters with Bowen on the floor.

timvp
12-26-2008, 04:26 PM
All I know is that Bowen better get fourth quarter playoff minutes over Finley.

Spurs Brazil
12-26-2008, 04:31 PM

Agree

And what Pop is doing with Bruce now I'd like to see him doing with Finley. We all saw how Finley played last year in the playoffs. I'd like to see him playing less to be fresh in the playoffs

Dex
12-26-2008, 04:37 PM

:wow:wow:wow:wow:wow:wow:wow:wow:wow:wow:wow:wow

ivanfromwestwood
12-26-2008, 04:41 PM
thats the beautiful thing about only playing defense. its not like sitting will make a defensive player rusty

Southwest Texas Fan
12-26-2008, 04:49 PM
Pop seems to be saving Bowen for the playoffs. I think the minutes Bowen gets will depend on the matchups.

spurs_fan_in_exile
12-26-2008, 04:53 PM
Bowen is on the Horry plan I think. Plus he may be the most professional guy on the team. If there's anyone who would be the most accomodating to Pop saying, "We know what you can do, so we're going to sit you for a while until we see exactly what we've got in these other guys," it would be Bowen.

peskypesky
12-26-2008, 05:13 PM
Pop is saving Bowen for the playoffs. We're going to really need his defense, and who knows, this may be his last run. I hope not, be he is like 47 years old.

DPG21920
12-26-2008, 05:46 PM
He is still very good at "face up" defending, but even in his limited minutes he seems to have lost a step while having to do the "chase" defending.

xtremesteven33
12-26-2008, 05:51 PM
Bowen looks as pesky as ever. And i dont really agree that Pop is saving him for the playoffs. I just think that he'd rather go with a better offensive player over a great defensive player (limited offensively) most of the time.

superbigtime
12-26-2008, 06:00 PM
I think the only players Pop really is interested in curbing minutes is Manu, Tim, and Tony in that order. Finley is the player getting the most minutes per game other than the big 3. But Finley is in great physical condition and seems to have a drive and hunger you don't expect in a 35 year old player who already has won a championship. Finley lead the league in MPG for 3 seasons earlier in his career I heard one of the commentators say. I don't know why exactly Bruce is seeing less game time but I suspect that Pop wants to keep developing Mason, but I wish it would be at the cost of some of Finley's minutes rather than Bruce. I would like to see Bruces minutes in the low or mid 20s. In the teens is sort of idunno, insulting to a player like Bruce although I'm sure he doesn't take it that way because he is a pro. I hate to see him rotting on the bench with Jacque Vaughn though.