PDA

View Full Version : who will leave the spurs at seasons end?

Austin_Toros
12-26-2008, 05:30 PM
which players are retiring or have expiring contracts?
apparently mike fin will contemplate retirement at the end of the season.
so who else may leave the team or is in the last year of their contract?

because if people leave, a few roster spots will be up for grabs. this will mean that hairston and tolliver will stay with us.
and i'm thinking...maybe marcus williams?

:flag:

benefactor
12-26-2008, 05:36 PM
Vaughn.

dougp
12-26-2008, 05:40 PM
If we win, I see KT and Vaughn retiring, and probably Finley. KT and Finley would stick around if we made good off-season moves.

Biggems
12-26-2008, 05:41 PM
I hope Vaughn, Thomas, Udoka, and Oberto are gone after this year.

Finley, Bonner, and Bowen all will have one year left on their contracts I believe.

SenorSpur
12-26-2008, 05:48 PM
To answer the question, I would say Vaughn, Udoka and KT.

However, I seem to remember KT having signed a 2-yr deal this offseason. Which, if true, would give him yet another year of less-than-stellar play. Good lord.

I would like to see Oberto out, but I don't see another big on the horizon that would make him expendable. Of course, if his foot condition doesn't turn around, the Spurs could be forced to make a move there.

As for Udoka, I want to see how he pans out the rest of the year. I believe he's still salvagable. However if he doesn't turn it around, his return is unlikely too.

Vaughn is virtually assured of being out.

galvatron3000
12-26-2008, 05:52 PM
I suspect a trade taking place before the season ends so wait til after Feb to een consider who is gone, some maybe not be there after Feb and this changes everything.

Biggems
12-26-2008, 05:54 PM
To answer the question, I would say Vaughn, Udoka and KT.

However, I seem to remember KT having signed a 2-yr deal this offseason. Which, if true, would give him yet another year of less-than-stellar play. Good lord.

I would like to see Oberto out, but I don't see another big on the horizon that would make him expendable. Of course, if his foot condition doesn't turn around, the Spurs could be forced to make a move there.

As for Udoka, I want to see how he pans out the rest of the year. I believe he's still salvagable. However if he doesn't turn it around, his return is unlikely too.

Vaughn is virtually assured of being out.

We if Ian can ever get healthy, who knows. Maybe we can sign Courtney Sims from the D-League. I am not sure what Big Men in the draft past the first few prospects are worth a darn.

I wouldnt mind trading away some of our expiring contracts to get some youth in the front court.

12-26-2008, 06:04 PM
KT, finley, bowen, bonner, and oberto all have contracts that expire 2010. so if you think they are old right now, wait until next year.

Mr.Bottomtooth
12-26-2008, 06:09 PM
Definitely Vaughn and Ime.

Maybe Vaughn will come back as a coach/mentor for George if he still needs help.

I. Hustle
12-26-2008, 06:09 PM
I think Sequspur will leave

superbigtime
12-26-2008, 06:15 PM
KT, finley, bowen, bonner, and oberto all have contracts that expire 2010. so if you think they are old right now, wait until next year.

Yep. Man, get those wheelchairs out for next year. Especially KT, Fin, and Bruce.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-26-2008, 06:28 PM
KT will probably play out his contract and retire. Finley Vaughn and Udoka will all probably leave or won't get resigned by the Spurs.

superbigtime
12-26-2008, 06:42 PM
KT will probably play out his contract and retire. Finley Vaughn and Udoka will all probably leave or won't get resigned by the Spurs.

Finley and KT both have an addit'l year on their contracts.

superbigtime
12-26-2008, 06:44 PM
Definitely Vaughn and Ime.

Maybe Vaughn will come back as a coach/mentor for George if he still needs help.

I don't think he needs JV's help or mentoring or whatever. He's got Tony, Tim, Bruce, all sorts of veterans to look up to for mentorship and he's got plenty of coaches.

Bender
12-26-2008, 07:12 PM
a few roster spots will be up for grabs. this will mean that hairston and tolliver will stay with us.
what's with the marcus williams infatuation... doesn't he suck big time in the real NBA?

Reck
12-26-2008, 08:16 PM
Ime is done.

And they shouldn't even wait for the end of the season to boot that jackass Vaughn off the team.

The Truth #6
12-26-2008, 08:24 PM
Pop has been cutting Bruce's minutes way back and has used him as a "4th quarter stopper" which is smart move all around. He still might have worth next year in this role if we're able to continue to keep his overall minutes low.

Finley will probably sign another contract after next year. Joking?

Raoul Duke
12-26-2008, 08:29 PM
i don't see vaughn coming back. he should be done with his 'mentoring' of hill by years end. i'm not sold on fin retiring, he is having prob his best season as a spur, and it may convince him that he has another yr in him.

Jmehra1
12-26-2008, 08:34 PM
we need to let vaughn go for sure, he is doing absolutely nothing, but pop is big on having a veteran presence at every position so he will probably stay.

Ime needs to be on his way very soon as well

James Gist!!!

Austin_Toros
12-26-2008, 10:37 PM
I dont see Tolliver being a spur next year, I think Gist will be brought over and with 3 second round picks I say at least one will stick.

no tolliver? thats a possibility

but with our situation of big men, i wish we had deandre jordan

timtonymanu
12-26-2008, 10:44 PM
Tolliver i feel will be waived sometime this season.

I see us passing on Udoka for a new contract. We say goodbye to Vaughn.

SPURS vs NBA media
12-26-2008, 11:03 PM
which players are retiring or have expiring contracts?
apparently mike fin will contemplate retirement at the end of the season.
so who else may leave the team or is in the last year of their contract?

because if people leave, a few roster spots will be up for grabs. this will mean that hairston and tolliver will stay with us.

:flag:

what next what team we do not want to play in the playoffs next year

jbspurs
12-26-2008, 11:12 PM
Vaughn.

Hopefully!

DROB4EVER
12-26-2008, 11:57 PM
no tolliver? thats a possibility

but with our situation of big men, i wish we had deandre jordan

Im with ya, I thought thats who they were gonna nab with our first round pick.....I love Hill but I wish the Spurs had found a way to trade up in the second round to grab Jordan.

I think with Ian having big upside and Splitter who says he will sign in 2010 they didnt look at that as a need right now. I think we will almost certainly spend an early second rounder this year to groom a back up big.

Tolliver is not a big to me, he plays smaller than he is and I still believe having two 7fts is the way to go!

ducks
12-27-2008, 12:02 AM
tp
most here thinks he sucks

Rogue
12-27-2008, 12:13 AM
I'll really feel sad to see them leaving our team or even retiring, but it's just the natural rule that no one can stay young for ever. Our team's average age is so high that we have to let those veterans go and recruite some new blood. I miss everyone who have played in San Antonio, even S Jackson is included.

mrspurs
12-27-2008, 07:38 AM

Yup

Ocotillo
12-27-2008, 09:44 AM
Splitter who says he will sign in 2010

When was that ever said?