View Full Version : Feb. 3, 2009

AlamoSpursFan
12-26-2008, 07:58 PM
Not only my 13th wedding anniversary (spooky!), but:

http://images.blu-ray.com/movies/covers/2536_front.jpg

AlamoSpursFan
12-26-2008, 07:59 PM
No wait...14th.

I could be seriously killed for that little oversight.

Bigzax
12-26-2008, 08:00 PM
jesus christ...on blue ray...

too many motherfuckers are gonna have this on their shelf as a piece of flair and it pisses me off...

AlamoSpursFan
12-26-2008, 08:03 PM
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c155/AlamoSpursFan/miltonsswingline.gif

Dex
12-26-2008, 08:35 PM
Finally, people will be able to make out the hairs on the mole on Lumbergh's face.

Waste of technology forum.

Milton.
12-26-2008, 09:19 PM
This is a big waste. That is what I was told.

MiamiHeat
12-27-2008, 12:55 AM
really, office space?

LosAlamos, do you WORK for blu-ray or something?

this is a ridiculous waste of technology. who the F cares about watching this movie on blu-ray? there are no action/special effects to marvel at with high def.

really now.

T Park
12-27-2008, 02:17 AM
yeah don't get that, but all it means is my dvd collection goes from just regular DVD to Blu-Ray

AlamoSpursFan
12-27-2008, 02:19 AM
Crimony! I never knew the re-release of a classic movie on a new format would generate such hate up in here!

Blu-ray haters forum perhaps?

Jeezus!

(Edit: And another thing...I don't know if you've perused the Blu-ray aisle at your local Best Buy lately, but Office Space damn sure isn't the first older movie out on the medium...)

MiamiHeat
12-27-2008, 03:11 AM
yeah don't get that, but all it means is my dvd collection goes from just regular DVD to Blu-Ray

i have about two hundred+ dvd's. do you really think i am going to spend my money to rebuy them all for just a minor upgrade in visual and sound effects?

are you going to actually do that?

The companies at the top just don't seem to grasp that DVD to Blu-Ray is not even important. VHS to DVD was like going from traveling in a horse carriage to the space shuttle. no more rewinding/forwarding crap, chapter selections, much better video quality, extra features, subtitles on/off and different subtitle languages (VHS needed a special VHS for spanish audio, another VHS for english subtitles, another VHS for spanish subtitiles), DVD has audio language selections, bonus features and special features like making of documentaries and interviews, director commentary tracks, menu system....

DVD to Blu-Ray is not even close

T Park
12-27-2008, 03:27 AM
plays at a higher quality for me and plays better on a 1080P tv coming from a blu ray player with a blu ray disk

rather than just plain old DVD.

I'm not saying YOU have to :) I'm sayin I"m doing it just cause i appreicate the upgrade.

Slomo
12-27-2008, 01:57 PM
i have about two hundred+ dvd's. do you really think i am going to spend my money to rebuy them all for just a minor upgrade in visual and sound effects?

are you going to actually do that?

The companies at the top just don't seem to grasp that DVD to Blu-Ray is not even important. VHS to DVD was like going from traveling in a horse carriage to the space shuttle. no more rewinding/forwarding crap, chapter selections, much better video quality, extra features, subtitles on/off and different subtitle languages (VHS needed a special VHS for spanish audio, another VHS for english subtitles, another VHS for spanish subtitiles), DVD has audio language selections, bonus features and special features like making of documentaries and interviews, director commentary tracks, menu system....

DVD to Blu-Ray is not even close

I agree with you (and the fact that I own roughly 500 DVDs) I will not replace my DVD collection with blu-ray, but I will continue it mostly on BR. One thing I did was purchase a DVD player (Helios X5000) with an HD output, it's a compromise but it does make the DVDs look a little better.

JoeChalupa
12-27-2008, 02:00 PM
It is a personal preference. Seeing a movie on BR is not going to make me enjoy it anymore or less. A good movie will stand on its own and not have to depend on BR to make it better.

RandomGuy
12-27-2008, 03:42 PM
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c155/AlamoSpursFan/miltonsswingline.gif

The Swingline stapler company did not make red staplers prior to this movie, just black and brown.

The director had the prop guy paint one red just for the movie.

After the movie gained a cult following, the company was bombarded with calls asking for a "red Swingline stapler" as in the movie, so being good capitalists, started making a red version.

(if I remember this tidbit was in the DVD extras or something)

Darrin
12-28-2008, 08:07 AM
I want my jackhammer.

baseline bum
12-28-2008, 08:40 AM
Now all you need is the Initech coffee mug, the Is This Good for the Company? banner and the Jump to Conclusions mat.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/images/products/zoom/office_space_kit.jpg

exstatic
12-28-2008, 12:08 PM
I have a Samsung dual format Blu-ray/HDDVD player. Newer stuff I want gets purchased (used) on Blu-ray a few weeks after release, and back catalog gets filled in on HDDVD for between $8 and $15 per flick. I never jump on release day for anything on Blu-ray, because honestly, if you have a good digital transfer on DVD, upscaling it on any HD player is pretty hard to distinguish from HD. I can wait for used prices.

to21
12-28-2008, 12:43 PM
What's the big deal?

Most movie classics like this are gonna be re-released on Blu-ray. If you have it already in DVD format and don't want to replace it, don't.

AlamoSpursFan
12-28-2008, 01:29 PM
In this case, it will be a bit of an upgrade for me because I bought the original release of Office Space. My DVD doesn't have flair.

:lol