PDA

View Full Version : Is it only me but..

raspsa
12-26-2008, 09:16 PM
.. I seem to have lost interest in the NBA except when the Spurs are playing? Right now the Hornets and Rockets are in a tight game but after a few minutes, I was so bored I just turned off the TV. Coming after the Suns game, it just couldn't compare. Maybe I'll just resort to what I usually do and just watch the last 2 minutes and only if its close at the end.:sleep

phyzik
12-26-2008, 09:23 PM
But havnt you heard? Thats the exciting basketball, the Spurs are the boring ones... Get it right!!!

honestfool84
12-26-2008, 09:36 PM
i don't understand why people say the spurs are boring, honestly.

i think they are extremely excited.

but then again i am extremely biased as well.

xellos88330
12-26-2008, 10:41 PM

The Spurs don't dunk enough. That is why.

Thomas82
12-26-2008, 10:53 PM
.. I seem to have lost interest in the NBA except when the Spurs are playing? Right now the Hornets and Rockets are in a tight game but after a few minutes, I was so bored I just turned off the TV. Coming after the Suns game, it just couldn't compare. Maybe I'll just resort to what I usually do and just watch the last 2 minutes and only if its close at the end.:sleep

Don't feel bad, I do the same thing unless I'm at a friend's house watching basketball.

jbspurs
12-26-2008, 11:09 PM

Most of my friends that lives here in Northern Cali said that Spurs are not boring, whats boring is if the opponent is not competitive enough. Just like what happened to the Cavs vs Spurs, they congratulated me even before the series started. They only time they tune in to watch the Spurs game is if they are playing a team like Lakers, Mavs and Suns, they know it'll always be a showcase of real basketball talent.

BuzzerBeater
12-26-2008, 11:18 PM
Since looking at the Spurs for 30 years + I've been spoiled; watching other teams play I get so biased and bored that I start a dialogue with myself saying "Manu would have done this, Timmy would have done that........."

spurs_fan_in_exile
12-26-2008, 11:19 PM
Actually I'm getting more out of League Pass this year than ever before. I still refuse to watch the Lakers and Celtics out of principle, but there are actually a lot of teams out there that I have developed at least a passing interest in. There's a lot of young, likeable talent in the league. If the Spurs aren't playing I'll usually catch a Hornets, Jazz, Blazers, or Magic game. The one thing I have noticed the last few season is that somewhere around this time my interest in basketball in general fades a little bit, though this year I'm actually still attentive. I have theorized that Robert Horry's regular season apathy can actually be transmitted through the TV screen and into the viewers. It's like the NBA version of Poltergeist or something.

Spork KIller
12-26-2008, 11:20 PM
The Spurms are boring to everyone outside san antone

BuzzerBeater
12-26-2008, 11:27 PM
And I've seen hundreds of sporkkillers during those 30 years, that's boring too.
ESPN is boring, D Stern is boring, hype and the sell is boring, the only entertaining thing left for me now are the unpredictable players that can swing may ways to morph into being bigger than they really are to raise the bar for others.

Galileo
12-26-2008, 11:33 PM

I live in Wisconsin. Winning is never boring.

jbspurs
12-26-2008, 11:41 PM
The only Boring that's rewarding!!

Biggems
12-26-2008, 11:44 PM

i never get bored with looking at the Spurs trophy case. i never get bored checking out the championship banners in the rafters.....hey Nones troll, do you ever get bored looking at the cobwebs, dust, and your reflection in those empty trophy cases when you go the games? When you look to the rafters, what do you look at, since you don't really have any banners to admire?

did you find the Christmas game to be boring? probably so, since my team once again slapped your team down with a heavy handed dose of reality.

i must say, our ownage of the Nones is very exciting. I never get bored watching the Spurs punk the Nones.

DROB4EVER
12-26-2008, 11:52 PM
Im with ya, I think the NBA has done a poor job of marketing its product. If I didnt know better I would think the NBA had 3 or 4 teams......Knicks Lakers Celtics and Cavs. Stern has failed as commish!

Hes stuck in the 80's and early 90's where 2 or 3 teams dominated. He fails to market mid market teams and has yet to improve the status of gaurenteed contracts that are killing the league.

NRHector
12-27-2008, 12:50 AM
that's why they are call the SAN ANTONIO SPURS because they are from San Antonio and not outside of San Antonio, we don't care if anybody thinks they are boring outside of San Antonio you dumbass, drink a spoon of common sense and call me in the morning

SequSpur
12-27-2008, 12:51 AM
Lakers and Celtics was a good game.. FO

Sean Cagney
12-27-2008, 01:51 AM
Media said they were boring years ago, so it carries on no matter how many thrillers or 7 game series they are in and win!!!!!! Media says it once, some idiots carry it on forever and ever!!!! They are not boring at all, but idiots will still say it just to sound cool or they heard it.

I would bet those thriller down to the last second games against SA are boring to you because your team routinely loses those!!!!!!! I would hate them too if I were you on every opportunity, they have sonned your team for LIFE it seems in 5 or 6 years :lol:lol. You are obsessed with SA kid, just admit it you really hate them deep inside because they routinely beat your little team.

BTW I am from VA man, me and several others love watching them here, so it's not just a SA thing.

Rogue
12-27-2008, 02:03 AM
:nope

peskypesky
12-27-2008, 03:04 AM

I'm the same way. Only games I can watch all the way through are Spurs game. Even the Lakers/Celtics game yesterday...I only watched parts.

Let's face it, Spurs are the only really exciting team in the NBA.
:flag:

dav4463
12-27-2008, 04:38 AM
Yeah I guess it is boring to watch Tim Duncan continue to be the best player on the planet night in and night out. It's boring to see Tony Parker play at full speed making other point guards look like their feet are in cement. I guess Ginobili is boring...that's why he draws boos from every single team's fans outside of San Antonio......and yeah, winning championships is boring to those who never win them!

mrspurs
12-27-2008, 07:34 AM
Well call it what you want but boring is gonna take another level. Here comes the rodeo trip. Last season we didnt fair well as compared to seasons before. We should fair well this season I hope.

boutons_
12-27-2008, 09:29 AM
NBA sucks. I quit buying NBA League Pass. Nearly every night it's lazy tatooed balla garbage vs unseriouus it's-all-about-me prima donna garbage. 2,460 games with at least 2300 being meaningless if not unwatchable.

The best you can hope for is to check in late in the game for a random crunch time after 44 minutes of snoozefest, but even there, it's some nauseating bone head play unmaking that loses it rather than some winning play making. It's a question of who's gonna lose it rather than who's gonna win it.

An NBA PLAYER averages more PER GAME than the median HOUSEHOLD income PER YEAR.

raspsa
12-27-2008, 09:35 AM
Even the All-Star game has lost its appeal. Its just not real baketball without honest defense. I guess I know how Larry Bird feels.

mikeanthony21
12-27-2008, 11:26 AM

...as I am sure you are quite entertaining to the folks at the mental institution you're housed in.

kace
12-27-2008, 11:38 AM
obviously, there are a lot of people out of SA who find them interesting to watch.

the "boring thing" is really a US thing. i mean in france, of course parker is the main reason of the spurs notoriety, with their titles (which is not the less thing), even if bball isn't the main sport.

indeed, i never heard anything about the spurs being boring or ugly to watch in france or in european press. their style of play is really well-liked here except for some "hype" NBA fans.

would be interesting to have others foreign fans opinions about the boring reputation about the spurs in others countries. i really think it's "only" in usa, ans especially in some kind of press (espn ....).

mudyez
12-27-2008, 12:47 PM
I personally dont like watching NBA a lot right now, but its a different animal, when the Spurs (and maybe portland or toronto) are playing.

coming from europe and beeing a coach myself, it may sound like the usual bitching about the NBA, but its just that I like seeing team-ball and vintage plays...thats what you get with the spurs...its just that I can watch at those games and see a lot of stuff thats also used in europe and which I'm using myself...if I watch most teams, it's only "isolating player XY"...just boring basketball no matter how often that player dunks...2 nice passes and a well run play are way better than a throwdown on yao IMO!...but thats just me.

(when I was 15, it was the other way around and I would have prefered the dunkfest...and I think the implemention of the zone defense helped a little but, but not as much as I would have liked to)

long live college basketball...thats where the show is on!

superbigtime
12-27-2008, 12:59 PM

Everything about the Phoenix Suns is lame. Even their stupid sissy fans' insults are lame and unimaginative. On the other hand, it is very satisfying watching their team getting beaten by our Spurs in typical fashion yet again.

superbigtime
12-27-2008, 01:06 PM
NBA sucks. I quit buying NBA League Pass. Nearly every night it's lazy tatooed balla garbage vs unseriouus it's-all-about-me prima donna garbage. 2,460 games with at least 2300 being meaningless if not unwatchable.

The best you can hope for is to check in late in the game for a random crunch time after 44 minutes of snoozefest, but even there, it's some nauseating bone head play unmaking that loses it rather than some winning play making. It's a question of who's gonna lose it rather than who's gonna win it.

An NBA PLAYER averages more PER GAME than the median HOUSEHOLD income PER YEAR.

Dude you are so right on. Seems that basketball IQ is undervalued in our beloved NBA. It really is BS that so many good coaches got fired from either young or underachieving teams. There's only so much coaches can do with players in the league nowadays. The league is filled with talented stupid players. It is such a fortunate thing that San Antonio has the Spurs and the caliber of players that they have. Hill and Mason fit right in to the Spurs mentality and professionalism.

ehz33satx
12-27-2008, 01:44 PM
obviously, there are a lot of people out of SA who find them interesting to watch.

If you pay attention to the crowds while watching Spurs away games on tv, there are many, many Spurs fans proudly wearing their Spurs gear! You watch an away game against the Lakers, or against the Suns, or the Milwaukee Bucks and there are Spurs fans everywhere! The Spurs get huge cheers every time they score. Every arena in the NBA has Spurs fans scattered throught out.

ehz33satx
12-27-2008, 01:47 PM
I live in Wisconsin. Winning is never boring.

Have you ever visited San Antonio? It's really nice and warm out this time of year! :lol

dbestpro
12-27-2008, 02:54 PM

I guess that's why the Suns are trying to copy the Spurs. Bad news for Phx there is only one Spurs organization.