PDA

View Full Version : Rockets - Bucks trade?

mogrovejo
12-26-2008, 10:52 PM
There has also been scuttlebutt Villanueva could be involved in a multi-player trade that would send him to Houston.
In return, the Bucks would possibly receive reserve forward Carl Landy, who was a prep star at Milwaukee Vincent High School.
Link (http://my.journaltimes.com/post/woelfel-world-of-sports/jones_to_join_bucks_trade_winds_intensify.html)

From what I know, the deal may involve the Lakers as well:

Milwaukee gets Landry, sends Lue and Villanueva
LAL gets Lue, sends Mihm
Houston gets Villanueva and Mihm, sends Landry and Head

Negotiations ongoing, but it looks almost done.

Findog
12-26-2008, 10:54 PM
WTF? Dirk ejected?

Indazone
12-26-2008, 11:26 PM
You do not get rid of Landry. Guys like him don't grow on trees. Everyone not named Yao or Artest can be traded. Hell I'd even trade T-Lazy.

mogrovejo
12-26-2008, 11:33 PM
You're keeping T-Lazy, but Landry is gone, as long as he agrees with the deal (he will, he's from Wisconsin and he's going to start).

Good deal for the 3 teams, I think.

Indazone
12-26-2008, 11:57 PM
dammit, first Francis and now Landry. This just pisses me off. It better not go down. Just blow the damn team up already. Don't resign Deke. Trade T-Mac out and use his big ass salary for two quality players. Keep Yao and get rid of Alston. Make Brooks the starter unless you can get another good pt guard. Coach A can't get the team to play motion. Les is cheap. Barry and Deke are ancient. The Rockets are creampuffs. Adding Villeneuve and Mihm are not going to solve their problems.

sribb43
12-26-2008, 11:58 PM
Charlie is straight garbage...he is lazy , only looks to score with no D and is injured way too much. guess he would fit in with the Rockets then

mystargtr34
12-27-2008, 12:07 AM
Landry > Villanueva.

mogrovejo
12-27-2008, 12:28 AM
Landry is redundant in Houston. Morey has been shopping him.

Why Villanueva?

He's in a contract year. He's been busting his ass off for Skiles in MIL and he'll do the same in Houston. His defense is much improved. Still bellow average, but not awful anymore.

He has height. He's a good rebounder, albeit fundamentally flawed.

He has much more upside than Landry.

He's a very good passer and a formidable finisher. He's one of the best players in the NBA finishing around the rim with finesse touches. Ranged jump-shot. His problem is shot-selection.

Also, Mihm fits well the 4rd string big role.

-------

The Bucks new powers don't like CV. He's not a Skiles kind of player. They weren't going to extend his contract. Landry is a perennial back-up but he's a local kid and will fit well into Skiles philosophy. They just announced that Damon Jones will be joining them; he'll make up for Lue's shooting.

-----------

The Lakers get a decent backup PG in Lue. Mihm is expendable.

kingmalaki
12-27-2008, 12:37 AM
Why would we trade Landry for a dude who will become a free agent? Especially a lazy ass one.

CV may be 6-11 but he plays like he's 6-5.

And Mihm....we already have enough injury prone dudes on our roster.

Killakobe81
12-27-2008, 01:22 AM
Why would we trade Landry for a dude who will become a free agent? Especially a lazy ass one.

CV may be 6-11 but he plays like he's 6-5.

And Mihm....we already have enough injury prone dudes on our roster.

That last line is funny but true but why would Lakers do this?

timvp
12-27-2008, 01:31 AM
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1263 (4 members and 1259 guests)

:wakeup

Kai
12-27-2008, 01:36 AM

That's because this thread was linked at clutchfans, and there are like a billion chinese lurkers there.

mogrovejo
12-27-2008, 01:56 AM

Damn, I'm good. Do not forget to send the cash.

That last line is funny but true but why would Lakers do this?

They don't exactly know for how long Farmar will be out. They have an idea, but the time table is contingencial. So, they need a back-up PG. Lue is a nice fit on the triangle, a great locker-room guy and can play good pressure defense.

Kori Ellis
12-27-2008, 02:22 AM
Damn, I'm good. Do not forget to send the cash.

:lol

Do you see any ads on this forum?

mystargtr34
12-27-2008, 03:09 AM

Why dont you make a Rockets section like the Pistons and Kings have.

You might get regular numbers like that.

DaDakota
12-27-2008, 03:16 AM
A great trade....Charlie V can shoot the 3 ball, we need a PF that stretches the D.....and a backup high post center like Mihm would be gravy.

DD

Matchman
12-27-2008, 03:26 AM
timvp, u might just got urself 1000 new rockets members here~! :toast

wireonfire
12-27-2008, 04:07 AM
If Villanueva had Landry's heart, I'd be all for the deal, but he doesn't. His production outburst this season will likely disappear once he gets a long term deal.

Indazone
12-27-2008, 05:34 AM
If Landry is traded to the black hole known as the Milwaukee Bucks, he'll never sniff championship. However if he does go, he will become the starter and you'll see Landry at the next All-Star game because he'll be averaging 20-10.

Landry and Head for CV and Mihm? Go ahead and get it done. I really hope he does become that 20-10 player so that in a few years we'll look back on this and it will become the most moronic trade in Rockets history.

Rockets version of (Devin Harris for Jason Kidd) 2.0

Rogue
12-27-2008, 06:13 AM
dammit, first Francis and now Landry. This just pisses me off. It better not go down. Just blow the damn team up already. Don't resign Deke. Trade T-Mac out and use his big ass salary for two quality players. Keep Yao and get rid of Alston. Make Brooks the starter unless you can get another good pt guard. Coach A can't get the team to play motion. Les is cheap. Barry and Deke are ancient. The Rockets are creampuffs. Adding Villeneuve and Mihm are not going to solve their problems.
clueless.:idiot:
your words make my dog commit suicide.

wireonfire
12-27-2008, 06:36 AM
If Landry is traded to the black hole known as the Milwaukee Bucks, he'll never sniff championship. However if he does go, he will become the starter and you'll see Landry at the next All-Star game because he'll be averaging 20-10.

Landry and Head for CV and Mihm? Go ahead and get it done. I really hope he does become that 20-10 player so that in a few years we'll look back on this and it will become the most moronic trade in Rockets history.

Rockets version of (Devin Harris for Jason Kidd) 2.0

He didn't even average 20/10 in college as the go to guy on the team, what made you think he would do that on the bucks?

mogrovejo
12-27-2008, 10:10 AM

Ma'am, am I to blame for the flawed economic policies of this distinguished board? The answer is, as we certainly agree, no, I am not. So, gimme my money. This was a well done job:

timvp, u might just got urself 1000 new rockets members here~! :toast

and I've got my family to feed.

Seriously now, Rockets fans should like this trade. Landry is no Millsap. He's a career backup as long as the knee holds it - far from a given. They already have Scola and Hayes and Artest. Villanueva, with his ability to stretch the floor and great passing game is a different kind of animal and a very good fit for Adelman's system. Now, as Adelman himself says very often, lazyness is the terminal disease of basketball players, there's no cure to it. But Villanueva has been putting the effort since he got a real coach, - for the first time in his NBA career -, in Skiles. You see, they were the worst defense in the league last season; they're the 8th best this season, just as good as the Spurs. Jefferson and rookie Moute helped, but the effort from the rest of the players was needed as well. OTOH, maybe it's just because he's in a contract year. Two final points: Morey can make him play on the QO next year if by the end of the season an extension looks too risky; him and Mihm provide much needed height. Houston frontcourt, as constructed, wasn't good enough to put them past the Lakers.

This is a very good trade for Houston. They get the best player in the deal and fit some needs for 2 redundant players.

Indazone
12-27-2008, 11:09 AM
Perhaps it'll work out. Landry is getting Rudy Gay'd. Dikembe never sniffed the court until Yao went down. Francis got splinters in his butt and even if fully healthy would never have seen the court under Adleman. From a team standpoint, this does make the Rockets larger. I just cringe at giving away a player like Landry.

There are certain players that Adleman likes and will play but other ones he would never let see the court. This is why I always thought in the back of my mind why the Rockets did not sign Deke. If Adleman liked Deke so much he would have played him more minutes last year while Yao was healthy.

Indazone
12-27-2008, 11:19 AM
He didn't even average 20/10 in college as the go to guy on the team, what made you think he would do that on the bucks?

Because Purdue played a grind it out style of basketball and averaged 50-60 ppg in college. Landry can put up a lot more pts.

DaDakota
12-27-2008, 01:21 PM
Landry is great, but we have Scola already, you have to commit to one or the other.....and we need a change of pace PF with length off the bench. CV is that type of player, one who can stretch the defense.

Landry and Scola play in the same spaces, granted, I like em both, but there are not enough minutes for them both.

If we could only find a taker for Rafer.

:D

DD

The Franchise
12-27-2008, 02:23 PM
Stop overrating Landry so much. He is a hustle player but he is not that great a rebounder, and he is undersized for his position. He can't create his own offense and his defense is average on a great day. I like his heart but I think we would be a better team with more size and range and that's what we get with this trade. As far as Luther Head goes just getting rid of him is a plus.

Thunder Dan
12-27-2008, 02:40 PM
the Rockets need a trade to make themselves competitive come playoff time. Right now they just don't have the team to get out of the first round

Kori Ellis
12-27-2008, 02:45 PM
Ma'am, am I to blame for the flawed economic policies of this distinguished board? The answer is, as we certainly agree, no, I am not. So, gimme my money. This was a well done job:

and I've got my family to feed.

Sir, the point was that 1,000 posters coming to lurk in this thread doesn't do anything for me monetarily. Therefore, I do nothing for you monetarily.

However, I will say "Congratulations?" :lol

Kori Ellis
12-27-2008, 02:47 PM
Oh you did however bring some Chinese spam that we had to ban/delete in The Club. :lol

The Franchise
12-27-2008, 02:55 PM
the Rockets need a trade to make themselves competitive come playoff time. Right now they just don't have the team to get out of the first round

Only if we were in the east facing your Cavs.:toast

KidCongo
12-27-2008, 07:43 PM
Only if we were in the east facing your Cavs.:toast

You would still need something to get yourself out of the first round.

Rogue
12-28-2008, 05:07 AM
Frankly I think the rockets are gonna break in to the seacond round this season, but I have seen no hope they will do anything more than that. Utah is likely to miss the playoffs this season for the first time since 05-06.

After aquiring Mo Williams, the cavs have shown great improvements and they are now a very powerful contender for the eastern champion. Cavs is the seacond best team in the East and has a very huge possibility to beat the celtics, but I'm seriously concerned about their power in the paint. Their PFs and Cs seem to be good out there, but no one know more clearly than themselves who much their big guys weigh. Ben was the best defender of the league but he has been losing his defending skills since he left Detriot, big Z is also losing skills and athletism even more quickly than he loses his hair. Varajao is good at defense and rebounding but he is ignorable in the offensive end. Cavs have plenty of outside players who are all good enough to play starting roles, but most of them are being wasted on the bench. Unless some trade happens, or the Cavs are unlikely to win the title even if they are able to beat the celtics. Spurs are gonna be there in the finals waiting for them, and let them know that their 07 finals' 0-4 lose was not a coincide.

The Franchise
12-28-2008, 11:06 AM
You would still need something to get yourself out of the first round.

If the refs weren't playing the save a ho role we would have won the other night. :king

confined
12-28-2008, 11:58 AM
i don't see why rockets fans aren't all for this trade. Landry is nothing special...

Kai
12-28-2008, 02:31 PM
So I guess this was just a rumor?

Ditty
12-28-2008, 10:05 PM
will they ever get to the second round lmao

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-28-2008, 11:15 PM

Spurstalk is popular enough that I'll bet you could get at least the Spurs ticket exchange to put adds up.

Biggems
12-28-2008, 11:47 PM
Link (http://my.journaltimes.com/post/woelfel-world-of-sports/jones_to_join_bucks_trade_winds_intensify.html)

From what I know, the deal may involve the Lakers as well:

Milwaukee gets Landry, sends Lue and Villanueva
LAL gets Lue, sends Mihm
Houston gets Villanueva and Mihm, sends Landry and Head

Negotiations ongoing, but it looks almost done.

ok.....i'll ask......who gets Head?

xtremesteven33
12-28-2008, 11:59 PM
ok.....i'll ask......who gets Head?