PDA

View Full Version : Heat Time-Out In Final Minute Irks Bulls

Spurs Brazil
12-27-2008, 08:39 AM
While the game was already on ice, a Miami time-out by coach Erik Spoelstra with 30.9 seconds to go in the game has been received as an insult by the Chicago Bulls, the Associated Press is reporting.

"That upset the team. They hit our pride," Bulls forward Andres Nocioni said. "There was nothing good about calling that timeout. I feel it was out of place. That is something only done to disrespect the opponent."

"I wasn't clearly doing anything to show anybody up," said Spoelstra, who added that he thought some Chicago players were waiting to get into the game when he called the time-out.

Replays showed there were no Bulls at the scorer's table waiting to sub in for other players with 30.9 seconds left, although it wasn't clear if any were summoned back to the bench in the final moments. The Bulls did not make any changes during that time-out.

"There is no excuse or motive to call a late timeout with 25 seconds left and the game already decided," Nocioni said.

Spoelstra said he was made aware of the Bulls' unhappiness with the timeout when he saw some Chicago coaches pointing angrily at the Heat bench and assistant coach Ron Rothstein.

"If they want to make a big deal about it, whatever," Spoelstra said. "It's a pretty normal thing. I was perplexed by that, to be honest."

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/56210/20081227/heat_time_out_in_final_minute_irks_bulls/

Armando
12-27-2008, 09:29 AM
Really they lost a game and all they talk about is a timeout? I don't see the big deal. The game was over the Heat has the right to call the timeout to pull thier starters. The Bulls would have done the same thing in that situation. GET OVER IT! Rose is just mad that he got owned by Chalmers again.

z0sa
12-27-2008, 10:31 AM
Shouldn't they be more irked about the loss?

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-27-2008, 10:35 AM
God, professional sports has become nothing but a bunch of pussies.

Keep that game closer, Noc... then your pride won't take a hit.

layupdrill
12-27-2008, 07:47 PM
I thought I was the only one watching the game that thought they were gonna be pissed about that

m33p0
12-27-2008, 08:19 PM
"There is no excuse or motive to call a late timeout with 25 seconds left and the game already decided," Nocioni said
trying out a new play in a game situation is a good reason.

Armando
12-27-2008, 09:30 PM
Looks like the Bulls are losing to the Hawks tonight. I guess they are still irked about last night.

Armando
12-27-2008, 09:31 PM
trying out a new play in a game situation is a good reason.

How ironic that the Bulls are calling timeouts with the game already decided.

m33p0
12-28-2008, 05:19 AM
this is like george karl complaining about their opponent running up the score. :lol

TDMVPDPOY
12-28-2008, 05:23 AM
lol at the cows......they continue to disappoint

DANILO DRASKOVIC
12-28-2008, 07:56 PM
Shouldn't they be more irked about the loss?

owned