PDA

View Full Version : i was forced to see a Valkarye christmas

mookie2001
12-27-2008, 11:45 AM
have a few questions

so tom cruise was an american who joined with british dudes to pose as nazis for a really long time to get close to hitler?, you figure they would spot an american on hitlers council

i guess hitler was a sproleslike 5-4 or 5-3 because tom cruise towered over him

no wonder germany had to surrender unconditionally, they may have wrecked shop for a while but did you see those pea shooter pistolas they were pulling on eachother?? rofl, how come those chodes didnt have 1911 45 acps!!!

stupid movie

romad_20
12-27-2008, 11:50 AM
Tom Cruise does not act, he's just Tom Cruise in some other role. Why would you want to see a movie about Nazis where the lead speaks like he's from Southern California?

I wrote off seeing another Tom Cruise movie a long time ago.

DPG21920
12-27-2008, 11:54 AM
have a few questions

so tom cruise was an american who joined with british dudes to pose as nazis for a really long time to get close to hitler?, you figure they would spot an american on hitlers council

i guess hitler was a sproleslike 5-4 or 5-3 because tom cruise towered over him

no wonder germany had to surrender unconditionally, they may have wrecked shop for a while but did you see those pea shooter pistolas they were pulling on eachother?? rofl, how come those chodes didnt have 1911 45 acps!!!

stupid movie

Yes the historical accounts say that Tom Cruises character "Colonel Claus von Stauffenberg"was a very tall man (well over 6 ft tall) and Hitler was a very short man.

CharlieMac
12-27-2008, 10:01 PM
Looks good.

MiamiHeat
12-28-2008, 12:45 AM
I love ALL things WW2. Saying that, I am not going to watch this movie unless the DVD falls in my lap. Tom Cruise? yuck

phyzik
12-28-2008, 01:17 AM
Tom Cruise is a Scientoligist, therefore religious people shouldnt watch it. :downspin:

LaMarcus Bryant
12-28-2008, 03:38 AM
LOL nothing is funnier than when mookie intentionally bitches about something from the perspective of a complete idiot.

He'd rather the movie have been in rural German with no subtitles.

Movie was kinda gay though.

JoeChalupa
12-28-2008, 10:09 AM
I like Tom Cruise movies and this one looks good but if you don't like Tom Cruise then you probably won't watch it with an open mind. There are some actors who I don't like but I won't not watch a movie just because they are in it or watch one just because I like a certain actor. I love Robert Dinero but I aint' gonna watch all of his movies.

mookie2001
12-28-2008, 12:10 PM
LOL nothing is funnier than when mookie intentionally bitches about something from the perspective of a complete idiot.

Movie was kinda gay though.well you notice they didnt have to talk to GI Joe in the movie because then they would have had to speak german, confusing everyone and ruining a dumb movie

what did i tell yall before that movie?, i said the movie would be in english i saiddd

tlongII
12-28-2008, 12:55 PM
Oh Boy!

BlackSwordsMan
12-28-2008, 03:20 PM
He should have pretended he was lestat in this movie

Rohirrim
12-28-2008, 03:49 PM
Tom Cruise does not act, he's just Tom Cruise in some other role. Why would you want to see a movie about Nazis where the lead speaks like he's from Southern California?

Not really. I have no respect for Cruise but he is a good actor. I never have seen his mission impossible shit though.

Not everyone in Germany agreed with Hitler. Many of his highest ranked Generals tried to assassinate him.

MiamiHeat
12-28-2008, 03:52 PM
I thought it was funny when I heard this line in the commercial :

"Hitler is the greatest evil the world has ever known"

Um, NOBODY really knew what was going on in the concentration camps until AFTER the war. Load of crap, bad movie I can tell.

romad_20
12-28-2008, 04:16 PM
Not really. I have no respect for Cruise but he is a good actor. I never have seen his mission impossible shit though.

Can you name one role that he was the character and not that character as protrayed by Tom Cruise? I can't remember one.

Daniel Day Lewis, Gary Oldman, Leonardo DiCaprio, hell even Brad Pitt, really make me fell like I'm watching another person, not just looking at them reading lines. Tom Cruise is the same guy in every single movie.

romad_20
12-28-2008, 04:17 PM

Um, NOBODY really knew what was going on in the concentration camps until AFTER the war. Load of crap, bad movie I can tell.

Such a cheesy ass line.

Drachen
12-29-2008, 04:07 PM

I don't know in what context this line is said, but his top military commanders DID know what was going on in the concentration camps. This was one of the main reasons that they attempted to kill him repeatedly. When the "generals" were unsuccessful, they began recruiting the "colonels" to help. This is where this movie comes from. Anyway, they were unsuccessful too so eventually he got the reputation of having teufelsglueck (Devil's Luck). and it turned out that the only one who could off Hitler, was Hitler.

RandomGuy
12-29-2008, 04:17 PM

Movie was kinda gay though.

German actually has hundreds of dialects.

Germany was created in the late 1800's from something like 300 small kingdoms/duchies, and each one of those little bits had their own dialect.

Thankfully a lot of them have died out, because learning high german is hard enough, without having to figure out the dialects.

RandomGuy
12-29-2008, 04:21 PM
NOBODY really knew what was going on in the concentration camps until AFTER the war. Load of crap, bad movie I can tell.

Not really.

Allied intelligence knew, and a very good chunk of higher ups knew as well.

The Nazi's kept very meticulous records and the reports passed through a good number of people who knew what they meant.

That is part of how they were convicted at Nuremburg. If your initials are on a piece of paper saying that 2,345 subhumans were liquidated this month, it is kind of hard to claim ignorance.

StrangeCheez
12-29-2008, 04:56 PM
Can you name one role that he was the character and not that character as protrayed by Tom Cruise? I can't remember one.

Daniel Day Lewis, Gary Oldman, Leonardo DiCaprio, hell even Brad Pitt, really make me fell like I'm watching another person, not just looking at them reading lines. Tom Cruise is the same guy in every single movie.
I was just talking about this today... I always just see him as Tom Cruise, he's not a believable actor at all.

chode_regulator
12-30-2008, 10:57 AM

yeah i dont know the context eitehr but it seems as if theyre saying that from our view. i.e. now we do know

leemajors
12-30-2008, 11:20 AM
Not really.

Allied intelligence knew, and a very good chunk of higher ups knew as well.

The Nazi's kept very meticulous records and the reports passed through a good number of people who knew what they meant.

That is part of how they were convicted at Nuremburg. If your initials are on a piece of paper saying that 2,345 subhumans were liquidated this month, it is kind of hard to claim ignorance.

The American Jewish community was very aware of what was happening as well, and demanding action from the US, which prompted Lindbergh, Ford, and their cronies' thinly veiled criticisms of the "war mongering" American Jews and Roosevelt.

dickface
12-30-2008, 11:23 AM
:lmao MiamiHeat is quickly turning into the biggest dumbass on the forum.

Rohirrim
12-30-2008, 11:26 AM
:rollin

The Samurai movie.

dickface
12-30-2008, 11:35 AM
Can you name one role that he was the character and not that character as protrayed by Tom Cruise?

Frank "TJ" Mackey

dickface
12-30-2008, 11:36 AM
And there's a lot of actors who are worse than Tom Cruise at being the exact same guy in every movie, just with a different wardrobe and backstory.

Denzel Washington is the worst at that IMO. I think he's a great performer, but he's always the same guy.

CuckingFunt
12-30-2008, 11:38 AM
Frank "TJ" Mackey

Cruise's only decent performance, in my opinion.

And Lestat. Maybe. Though I think that might be a case where the fact he wasn't as bad as I expected makes it look a little better than it may have actually been.

thispego
12-30-2008, 06:22 PM
Mookie, I suggest you stay watching Transformers and Fast and Furiousoohohhhhhoohhohhhhooohhohohoho shit!

whottt
12-31-2008, 01:12 AM

False...if you don't think Tom Cruise can act you just aren't paying attention. He's a good actor...the reason people say he can't act is because he's commercially successful...and they always say the most successful actors can't act. It's a way of intellectually distancing yourself from the common thought...but in actuality when you say he can't act you are immersing yourself in the common thought...because everyone says he can't act, that is the common thought.

Go see Tropic Thunder, and if you still say Tom Cruise can't act...then I'll send you a Hobo's Dick Cheese!

whottt
12-31-2008, 01:14 AM
And there's a lot of actors who are worse than Tom Cruise at being the exact same guy in every movie, just with a different wardrobe and backstory.

Denzel Washington is the worst at that IMO. I think he's a great performer, but he's always the same guy.

True...except for Training Day. He dfeinitely played against type in that one. I knew he was going to win the Oscar when I was walking out of the movie theater.

whottt
12-31-2008, 01:16 AM
It's funny because everyone thinks Jack Nicholson is a great actor...and he's got like 3 Oscars on top of it...and he literally does play Jack Nicholson in every movie he's in.

whottt
12-31-2008, 01:36 AM
Hmm...I don't know who I think the best actor is now. Actually I pretty much hate thinking about who the best actor is...I just get sick of hearing people say Tom Cruise can't act. Guy cando comedies, action, drama...and his movies are usually good. He plays bad guys as well as heroes...I don't know what people are wanting from him to prove he can act.

I think the reason people like to say he can't act is because he plays shallow and self absorbed characters probably better than anyone, and he does it so convincingly that people pretty much think that's who he is. But if you think about it...that's probably the hardest type of role to pull off convincingly, especially when you are attempting to do it within the context of being the hero of the film.

SA210
12-31-2008, 07:16 AM
I just get sick of hearing people say Tom Cruise can't act. Guy cando comedies, action, drama...and his movies are usually good. He plays bad guys as well as heroes...I don't know what people are wanting from him to prove he can act.

I think the reason people like to say he can't act is because he plays shallow and self absorbed characters probably better than anyone, and he does it so convincingly that people pretty much think that's who he is. But if you think about it...that's probably the hardest type of role to pull off convincingly, especially when you are attempting to do it within the context of being the hero of the film.

:tu

Tom Cruise is a great actor.

Interview with a Vampire
Jerry Maguire
Magnolia
The Last Samurai
A Few Good Men
Tropic Thunder

The list goes on, he's frickin' awesome. I also think the Scientolgy thing makes people say he isn't a good actor. Whatever, he's one of my favorites. One of the best.

Homeland Security
12-31-2008, 08:03 AM
German actually has hundreds of dialects.

Germany was created in the late 1800's from something like 300 small kingdoms/duchies, and each one of those little bits had their own dialect.

Thankfully a lot of them have died out, because learning high german is hard enough, without having to figure out the dialects.
Thank You Captain Random Knowledge.

boutons_
12-31-2008, 11:39 AM
How Bad IS Tom Cruise In “Valkyrie?” The Critics Respond!

http://starcasm.net/archives/2383

But what do the critics know?Paul Newman was just Paul Newman in many of his movies.

Lots of actors can't act, and often get miscast, as Cruise was here.

Cruise displayed all he would ever be Top Gun

romad_20
12-31-2008, 04:44 PM
False...if you don't think Tom Cruise can act you just aren't paying attention. He's a good actor...the reason people say he can't act is because he's commercially successful...and they always say the most successful actors can't act. It's a way of intellectually distancing yourself from the common thought...but in actuality when you say he can't act you are immersing yourself in the common thought...because everyone says he can't act, that is the common thought.

Go see Tropic Thunder, and if you still say Tom Cruise can't act...then I'll send you a Hobo's Dick Cheese!

Wrong, you presumptive ass. I said he couldn't act because I don't think he can fucking act.

You're such a fucking idiot.

leemajors
12-31-2008, 04:50 PM
he is ok at his best. just ok.

angel_luv
01-01-2009, 01:46 PM
I think Russell Crowe is the best actor at truly "becoming" the character he is portraying.

angel_luv
01-05-2009, 02:43 PM
I don't know in what context this line is said, but his top military commanders DID know what was going on in the concentration camps. This was one of the main reasons that they attempted to kill him repeatedly. When the "generals" were unsuccessful, they began recruiting the "colonels" to help. This is where this movie comes from. Anyway, they were unsuccessful too so eventually he got the reputation of having teufelsglueck (Devil's Luck). and it turned out that the only one who could off Hitler, was Hitler.

I saw the movie last week.

While I would never want to see it for Christmas (for that I would opt to see something light hearted) I found the story to be very interesting and inspiring.

Anyway, they were unsuccessful too so eventually he got the reputation of having teufelsglueck (Devil's Luck). and it turned out that the only one who could off Hitler, was Hitler.

I read this on Wikipedia today:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claus_von_Stauffenberg

Some researchers have speculated that if Stauffenberg had placed the briefcase in a slightly different location the bomb might have had its intended effect on the primary target, since the bomb was supposedly placed behind a very thick leg of the heavy oak conference table. The leg apparently deflected the blast and prevented the force from reaching Hitler. This thesis is supported by the fact that others seated in different positions were killed or more seriously injured than Hitler. There is also speculation that had Stauffenberg left the second bomb in his briefcase, even without arming it, the detonation of the first bomb could have triggered the explosion of the second bomb (by sympathetic detonation) and the combined force of the two bombs going off nearly simultaneously might have killed Hitler. An alternate analysis is that the single bomb might have been effective had the meeting been held as originally planned in Hitler's reinforced and subterranean bunker (the "Führerbunker"), instead of the wooden hut that doubled as Speer's barracks and makeshift briefing room. Both compact bombs were designed to kill by expansion inside a room encased with reinforced walls. Speer's wooden hut with open windows did not correspond to these specifications, as it allowed a substantial amount of the blast force to escape to the outside by the open windows. Since some of the blast escaped the room, only those who were in the immediate path of the blast were killed or severely injured. In a 2005 episode of the Discovery Channel TV series Unsolved History, each scenario was simulated in a detailed reconstruction with test dummies. The results supported the conclusion that Hitler would have been killed had any of the three other ( above) scenarios occurred.

td4mvp21
01-05-2009, 03:05 PM
I thought this was a really good movie. I hated the fact that you already knew that the plan didn't work. I wanted it to so bad but I knew it wouldn't.

angel_luv
01-05-2009, 03:12 PM
I thought this was a really good movie. I hated the fact that you already knew that the plan didn't work. I wanted it to so bad but I knew it wouldn't.

I was hoping that at least some of the conspirators ( good guys, in this case) escaped.

I don't know how Hitler escaped death so many times.
It will always be a mystery to me.

I was thinking for example how Timothy McVeigh ended up in state's custody because he was pulled over for not having a liscense plate.
Yet Hitler lived through numerous battles as a soldier with a highly dangerous job not to mention all the outright assaination attempts made against him.
I read on Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adolf_Hitler

Adolf Hitler was born at the Gasthof zum Pommer, an inn in Braunau am Inn, Austria-Hungary, on 20 April 1889,[4] the fourth child of six.[5] His father, Alois Hitler (1837–1903), was a customs official. His mother, Klara Pölzl (1860–1907), was Alois' third wife. She was also his half-niece, so a papal dispensation was obtained for the marriage. Of Alois and Klara's six children, only Adolf and his sister Paula, seven years his junior, reached adulthood.[6] Hitler's father also had a son, Alois, Jr., and a daughter, Angela, by his second wife.[6]

Also I didn't know that Hitler had actually married Eva Braun, although they were only married 24 hours before committing suicide.

ClingingMars
01-05-2009, 03:14 PM
Tom Cruise is a Scientoligist, therefore religious people shouldnt watch it. :downspin:

http://historyofscientology.ytmnd.com/

-Mars

angel_luv
01-05-2009, 03:24 PM
For the record, I have never been a Tom Cruise fan, but I think he was excellent in this movie's role.

Sportcamper
01-05-2009, 04:16 PM
The Plot to Kill Hitler (1990) (TV) Was an excellent film…The DVD was just made for this title…Brad Davis played Count Claus von Stauffenberg….