PDA

View Full Version : Deke likely to not sign with Celtics that leaves...Spurs!

Indazone
12-27-2008, 11:48 AM
With Deke not signing with the Celtics..and the Rockets seemingly headed in another direction, the most likely place Deke ends up would be the Spurs!

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/...ls_big_problem/ (http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/basketball/celtics/view/2008_12_27_Defeat_reveals_big_problem/)

OAKLAND, Calif. - Doc Rivers didn’t change his opinion after losing in Los Angeles Thursday. He’s always liked having tall people on his team and said as much after watching Pau Gasol get good looks and Andrew Bynum alter shots against his team.

But as the Celtics [team stats] continue to search for some length to complement Leon Powe and Glen Davis off the bench, there was nothing encouraging on the Dikembe Mutombo front. The free agent said he’d be making a decision on a team soon, but the Celts may be holding off for someone with a more balanced game as they mainly see Mutombo as a contributor on the defensive end.

“No, I don’t think we’re going to get him,” said Rivers. “We talked to David (Falk, Mutombo’s agent) and I would say it’s a no.

“We would love him, but we’re going to wait it out.”
The Celts haven’t given up on P.J. Brown coming back, but at this point Danny Ainge believes Brown’s not coming out of retirement. Then again, Ainge thought the same thing at this time last year.

Alonzo Mourning’s name is still being floated, but an even more intriguing property could be available soon. There is talk Oklahoma City may buy out Joe Smith’s contract, and that the club is at least serious about trading him.

The Celtics can’t and won’t discuss him publicly, but at a lanky 6-foot-10, Smith would seem to fit the club’s need.

Said one NBA scout, “Are you kidding me? Joe Smith would be perfect for the Celtics.”

pawe
12-27-2008, 12:20 PM
CIA Doc

Matchman
12-27-2008, 12:38 PM
hey you forgot the Rocketss :wakeup

Indazone
12-27-2008, 01:10 PM
Did not forget the Rockets. The writing is on the wall. Rockets do not want Deke. He might be a Morey favorite but he's not an Adleman player.

Under Van Gundy - Headlines read "Dikembe finds fountain of youth pulls down 13 rebounds"

Under Adleman - Dikembe sat on the wood and never saw playing time until Yao got hurt.

Francis was out on his butt shortly after he signed with the Rockets when he couldn't get the Adelman offense. Even a fully healthy Francis would never have sniffed the court. I dare say that even Iverson and Marbury would not be playing much with Adleman unless they started playing Adleman's way. The recent trade was the best thing to happen to Francis's career.

baseline bum
12-27-2008, 02:19 PM
Too young. We need veteran help.

SpursDynasty
12-27-2008, 02:50 PM
If the Spurs aren't the oldest team in the league right now, then they will be when he comes. I thought we needed to be young, how is signing a 42-year old player going to do that?

BlackSwordsMan
12-27-2008, 02:58 PM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooo

xtremesteven33
12-27-2008, 03:02 PM
RIGHT NOW:

Deke > Ian

BlackSwordsMan
12-27-2008, 03:11 PM
ian ain't doing shit but keep a seat warm

DPG21920
12-27-2008, 03:15 PM
The Lakers would hate to see Deke on the Spurs.

Armando
12-27-2008, 04:01 PM
Celtics are better off getting Mourning or Joe Smith anyways.

xtremesteven33
12-27-2008, 05:03 PM
Celtics are better off getting Mourning or Joe Smith anyways.

Mourning > Deke

layupdrill
12-27-2008, 07:44 PM
Houston will get Mutombo.

Boston wants to bring in Zo, and Zo wants to be there.

mystargtr34
12-27-2008, 07:52 PM
Spurs should go after Zo first, then Deke.