PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy FootBall Chat..

Pooh
09-08-2003, 10:55 PM
Anyone want to discuss how they did yesterday?

coz
09-09-2003, 08:37 AM
not bad. I've made a few trades to improve my starting lineup, but I don't have much of a bench anymore. My total points for the day was 133.

Jeff Garcia = 30
Shaun Alexander = 23
Ahman Green = 22
Troy Brown = 0
Plaxico Burris = 12
Jeremy Shockey = 3
Jason Elam = 14
Broncos = 29

Overall, I think it was an above average day. I can't count on Ahman and Shaun to score twice, but asking 35 points a week out of the two of them isn't a stretch.

Garcia was outstanding, but I expect him to be in the 20's every game, until Tampa comes to town.

Troy Brown and the Pats were horrible. I need some production from this guy. Plax had a great game, but considering his history vs Baltimore, I expected more.

Shock let me down. I need more points from the best TE in football.

Elam will be great all year, number one kicker for points this year IMO.

Broncos defense was a huge suprise. I didn't draft defense until the last round, and I figure I will just add/drop for matchups. So far, so good.

BTW - my entire squad now looks like this.

QB - Garcia, Ramsey, Vick
RB - Alexander, Green, Hearst, O.Smith
WR - Burris, Brown(NE), Johnson(CLE), Hilliard
TE - Shockey, Miller(HOU)
K - Elam
D - Denver

Hopefully, Vick makes it back before Garcia has to play Tampa Bay. I'm holding on to a backup TE because Shock has an early bye (week 4) and Miller has a nice matchup that week (Houston vs Jacksonville). I am in desperate need of another WR, and am even considering that guy from the Cardinals who kicked so much tail yesterday.

Original Team:

Garcia, Vick
Alexander, Lewis, Dillon, O.Smith
Booker, Brown, Johnson, Rice
Shockey, Miller
Elam
Denver, Seattle

Trades:
Dillon, Booker and Seattle for Green, Warrick and Kitna

Lewis and Rice for Hearst and Burris

Add/Drop
- drop Kitna, add Ramsey - drop Warrick, add Hilliard