PDA

View Full Version : Realistic Trade for SJax

50 cent
12-27-2008, 01:10 PM
I would first offer Finley, Udoka, Manhimi, and Voughn (Splitter's rights if needed). Finley, Udoka, and Voughn are all expiring contracts. Manhimi is a nice prospect that I don't think is ever going to pan out, but GSW might be interested

If they didn't want that, then I would offer Manu for SJax and Anthony Randolph straight up.

Manu is getting older and more injury prone and I think it would be wise to get great value for him while we can.

SJax coming back to SA would be a dream come true.

Parker/Hill
Mason/Manu/Bowen
SJax/Bonner
Duncan/Randolph
Oberto/Thomas

or

Parker/Hill
Mason/Finley/
SJax/Bowen/Udoka
Duncan/Bonner
Oberto/Thomas

The first scenario is unbelievably sick, but the 2nd scenario could easily happen and would be incredible.

ElNono
12-27-2008, 01:20 PM
Would SJax come off the bench if Pop asked him to? Would he play second fiddle to TD or TP? What is the contract situation with him? Is he cheaper than Manu? Does his contract expire in 2010?

superbigtime
12-27-2008, 01:21 PM
Would love to have Jack back. I don't think Manu is 100% still. He's playing erratically, ala last year's playoffs.

Shastafarian
12-27-2008, 01:28 PM
Would SJax come off the bench if Pop asked him to?Doubtful

Would he play second fiddle to TD or TP?Possibly

What is the contract situation with him?He's signed through 2012/2013

Is he cheaper than Manu? Does his contract expire in 2010?
His current contract is.

Doesn't change the fact that he's a headcase.

50 cent
12-27-2008, 01:33 PM
Would SJax come off the bench if Pop asked him to? Would he play second fiddle to TD or TP? What is the contract situation with him? Is he cheaper than Manu? Does his contract expire in 2010?

We wouldn't need him to come off the bench. See my depth chart above.

He would be one of the big 3 with TD and TP. He did it before.

His contract is locked in for 5 years which is good in my book. Who cares about it expiring in 2010? When is the last time the Spurs were ever able to lure a big FA to S.A.? Having capspace in the summer of 2010 is not a priority for the Spurs because they aren't going to land Lebron, Wade, Bosh, or any other big time FA.

K-State Spur
No trade for SJax is realistic because of his contract.

He's a nice complementary player - but vastly overpaid for what he is.

tav1
No one wants his contract. Move along. Besides, Golden State does not want a bunch of players they won't play and have no room for in return.

50 cent
12-27-2008, 01:34 PM
Doesn't change the fact that he's a headcase.

He wasn't a headcase playing under Pop before and wouldn't be this time around either. Pop is one of the few people that SJax thrives under.

Shastafarian
12-27-2008, 01:35 PM
We wouldn't need him to come off the bench. See my depth chart above.

He would be one of the big 3 with TD and TP. He did it before.

His contract is locked in for 5 years which is good in my book. Who cares about it expiring in 2010? When is the last time the Spurs were ever able to lure a big FA to S.A.? Having capspace in the summer of 2010 is not a priority for the Spurs because they aren't going to land Lebron, Wade, Bosh, or any other big time FA.

So you're confident he'll be worth $10 million a year when he's 35? I think you're just in love.

50 cent

He averages 18.6 PPG, 4.4 RPG, and 6 APG. How the hell is he overpaid?

Manu makes more than SJax and doesn't have as good of stats. Is Manu overpaid as well?

Shastafarian
He wasn't a headcase playing under Pop before and wouldn't be this time around either. Pop is one of the few people that SJax thrives under.

LOL I guess you didn't really follow the team back when he played for the Spurs.

50 cent
12-27-2008, 01:37 PM
So you're confident he'll be worth $10 million a year when he's 35? I think you're just in love.

I'm in love with the Spurs winning Championships and SJax gives us that much needed extra punch to compete with LA and Boston for the rest of the Tim Duncan era. I'm not really concerned with going through a year of paying Jax $10M if he helped bring in 1-3 more Championships in the next 4 years.

Shastafarian
12-27-2008, 01:38 PM
So I guess his FG% of 38.5% really impresses you? Maybe his 28.3% 3PT%? How about his 3.8 turnovers/game?

50 cent
12-27-2008, 01:41 PM
LOL I guess you didn't really follow the team back when he played for the Spurs.
WTF are you talking about? Jackson did thrive under Pop. There were no headcase problems when he was in S.A.

Fans also don't see the respect Jackson has from every coach and teammate he's had. "Love him," Tim Duncan says of the man he considers one of his all-time favorite teammates. "He's had his issues, but he's got the right thing in mind."

Still, says Popovich, "I know his heart. He's a sweet man."

Shastafarian
12-27-2008, 01:41 PM
You don't remember him throwing a fit after he got benched? Selective memory?

K-State Spur
12-27-2008, 01:42 PM
He averages 18.6 PPG, 4.4 RPG, and 6 APG. How the hell is he overpaid?

Manu makes more than SJax and doesn't have as good of stats. Is Manu overpaid as well?

I don't care if he's averaging 30 ppg - he's shooting 38.5% (38.5!!!) from the floor. I'm sorry, but that's terrible. He's only shooting 28.3% from 3. He needs almost 17 shots/game to get those points.

Compare that to Manu who is shooting 45% from the floor, and 37.5% from 3 (that's right, Manu's shooting 3s almost as well as Sjax shoots from anywhere). Manu gets his points on only 10 shots/game.

I wouldn't talk up his rebounding either, Finley actually has rebounded at the same rate as Jackson this year.

He's a nice role player and good defender when he wants to be - but he's paid like a star, and that he's not.

benefactor
12-27-2008, 01:48 PM
So I guess his FG% of 38.5% really impresses you? Maybe his 28.3% 3PT%? How about his 3.8 turnovers/game?
All of that would probably improve in our system...but I digress.

Manu for Capt. Jack would be very tempting...mostly for what he could bring in the next 4 of seasons as the Duncan era comes to a close. The way Manu plays I think this season and next season will probably be it from a productivity standpoint. Jack would also fill our long standing need at SF and would take up the scoring slack from losing Manu.

It would never happen because Manu is firmly entrenched into this team...but I would not bash it if it did.

50 cent
12-27-2008, 01:48 PM

There is nobody to take the defensive pressure off him in GS. He is the focal point of the defense. Everybody that has followed the Spurs for more than a year knows that Tim Duncan and Tony Parker's penetration takes a ton of pressure off all the other Spurs players and they get wide open shots. SJax's FG % would look drastically different with the Spurs being the 3rd priority of the opposing defense rather than the #1 priority in GS.

Manu and SJax average the exact same amount of turnovers/48 minutes of playing time. SJax has a better assist/TO ratio.

Surely you can't be this dense.

Kori Ellis
12-27-2008, 01:50 PM
He's a nice role player and good defender when he wants to be - but he's paid like a star, and that he's not.

He's not paid like a star. His salary is fairly low (relatively).

His percentages are pretty bad this year, but he's a career 41% shooter .. Allen Iverson and Gilbert Arenas are career 42% shooters and they are max players.

With Jack, you aren't paying for a high percentage shooter - you are paying for the heart and clutch factor.

That said, I think his contract is too long for the Spurs to even think about it, and I wouldn't want to trade Manu.

Shastafarian
12-27-2008, 01:50 PM

It probably would. But his FGA and 3PTA would also drop. So his PPG would go down. I'd guess it would hover at 12-13PPG. Same as Money Mason. But no, let's trade a guy everyone on the team loves and who just might be the most clutch player on the team for a guy who loves to shoot and turn the ball over. By all means, I'm sure a 30 year old Stephen Jackson is a better option than a 31 year old Manu Ginobili.

SequSpur
12-27-2008, 01:52 PM
spurs need a big against the lakers and celtics. Period. they don't need sjax

Shastafarian
12-27-2008, 01:54 PM
There is nobody to take the defensive pressure off him in GS. He is the focal point of the defense. Everybody that has followed the Spurs for more than a year knows that Tim Duncan and Tony Parker's penetration takes a ton of pressure off all the other Spurs players and they get wide open shots. SJax's FG % would look drastically different with the Spurs being the 3rd priority of the opposing defense rather than the #1 priority in GS.

Manu and SJax average the exact same amount of turnovers/48 minutes of playing time. SJax has a better assist/TO ratio.

Surely you can't be this dense.

hahahaha

I forgot Corey Maggette hasn't played all season. And that guy Biedrins really sucks. Al Harrington didn't play before he got traded right? Jamal Crawford must average like 2 PPG.

I guess it's all because of the opposing defenses his shooting % sucks this year.

wildbill2u
12-27-2008, 01:56 PM
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd31/Stormcrow190/picardssdd.jpg

Shastafarian
12-27-2008, 01:57 PM
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd31/Stormcrow190/picardssdd.jpg

I thought this shit was done when Manu decided he was a star. I guess some people really have a boner for SJax.

JPB
12-27-2008, 02:04 PM
I would first offer Finley, Udoka, Manhimi, and Voughn (Splitter's rights if needed). Finley, Udoka, and Voughn are all expiring contracts. Manhimi is a nice prospect that I don't think is ever going to pan out, but GSW might be interested

The question you have to ask yourself is :

Would I make this trade if I was GS' GM ?

Doug Collins
12-27-2008, 02:09 PM
Sjax has been battling a hand injury all year which hasn't helped his fg%

K-State Spur
12-27-2008, 02:10 PM

Manu for Capt. Jack would be very tempting...mostly for what he could bring in the next 4 of seasons as the Duncan era comes to a close. The way Manu plays I think this season and next season will probably be it from a productivity standpoint. Jack would also fill our long standing need at SF and would take up the scoring slack from losing Manu.

He's never been a great shooter regardless of who he has around him. Last year was just the second time in his career that he's even hit 35% of his 3s.

I wouldn't mind him if we only had to give up spare parts, but there's no way I'd even dream of trading Manu for him - that would be a terrible trade.

DPG21920
12-27-2008, 02:12 PM
Name one thing that Jax does better than Manu.

Shastafarian
12-27-2008, 02:14 PM

Shoot guns

DAF86
12-27-2008, 02:16 PM
Hey 50cent Did you check Jackson numbers before making the stupid proposition of trading Manu for him straight up?

He's averaging just 19 pts 4.5 rbds and 5.9 assts in 40 min and look at his shooting% FG 38% 3PT 28% and he's coming off a hand injury. I know you want to get rid of Manu but try to look for something better

Shastafarian
12-27-2008, 02:18 PM

Punch fans

Shastafarian
12-27-2008, 02:21 PM

Gets arrested

DynastyBuilder
12-27-2008, 02:24 PM
Name one thing that Jax does better than Manu. four words: Malice at the Palace

_7NbjY9TXL4

DPG21920
12-27-2008, 02:33 PM
well that pretty much ended this argument

Shastafarian
12-27-2008, 02:48 PM
well that pretty much ended this argument

You'd think it would but it more than likely won't.

50 cent
12-27-2008, 03:18 PM
Spurs fans have such a hard on for Manu that they are content just to fade into oblivion and mediocrity as Manu's body continues to break down. Spurs fans wouldn't want to trade a 43 year old Manu for a 22 year old Kobe Bryant.

50 cent
12-27-2008, 03:21 PM
And please don't get me wrong. I love Manu and am thankful for everything he has done for the Spurs.

I'm just not irrational to think he is some good luck charm that is going to bring the Spurs more Championships. We already saw last year that a 75% Manu isn't good enough to win. We need a 100% Manu and I just don't think we are going to see Manu at 100% very much for the rest of his career.

I really hope I'm wrong because I do think it is unlikely that we ever move him while he still has some value.

DAF86
12-27-2008, 03:23 PM
Spurs fans have such a hard on for Manu that they are content just to fade into oblivion and mediocrity as Manu's body continues to break down. Spurs fans wouldn't want to trade a 43 year old Manu for a 22 year old Kobe Bryant.

You are not suggesting that kind of trade you're proposing to trade a 31 years old hall of famer for a 30 years old wannabe with attitude issues

SpurAddict561
12-27-2008, 04:11 PM
fuck no

Manu is the heart of our team down the stretch

get your head out of your ass dude.

YoMamaIsCallin
12-27-2008, 04:24 PM
Both of these trade proposals are bad.

The most idiotic, and which should be cause for an outright shunning, is the assertion that the Spurs should trade Manu for Jackson.

Are you f'ing kidding me?

Manu Ginobili takes his turn carrying this team on occasion. He is a stone killer at the end of games when it's on the line, and I don't mean just at the offensive end -- his game changing plays on defense are legendary. He is way, way more versatile than Jackson and has lots more junk in his game. He is a much better shooter. He is a much, MUCH better free thrower. He is an amazing passer. And, he is all, all about the team, never about himself. He never complains about the role he's assigned, he goes after it like a rabid dog, because he wants to win that bad.

Look, Jackson is a good player. But he is nowhere near what Manu brings to the table for the Spurs.

Then, you want to, what, trade Finley AND Mahinmi for Jackson? You want to trade a solid, dependable starter PLUS our best young big-man prospect for someone who's at best at the top of his career and is probably on the way down? Plus you'd throw in our 3rd backup PG AND a dependable defensive bench player (Udoka)? And give up expiring contracts for a huge financial commitment for several years? You'd make the team EXTREMELY thin, toss away the future (both financially and prospect-wise), and mess up our salary cap plans.

Really bad ideas.

ElNono
12-27-2008, 04:30 PM

You don't seem to understand... Manu for SJax is at best a lateral move. What we need to match up better against the Celtics and the Lakers is a better big next to Duncan...

ElNono
12-27-2008, 04:33 PM
And please don't get me wrong. I love Manu and am thankful for everything he has done for the Spurs.

I'm just not irrational to think he is some good luck charm that is going to bring the Spurs more Championships. We already saw last year that a 75% Manu isn't good enough to win. We need a 100% Manu and I just don't think we are going to see Manu at 100% very much for the rest of his career.

I really hope I'm wrong because I do think it is unlikely that we ever move him while he still has some value.

This FO already shipped a guy loved in the community and with a lot of heart who won it all as a Spur (Malik Rose). So I would guess they know something about Manu that you don't, because I really don't see them trading him anytime soon.

Tully365
12-27-2008, 05:05 PM
If you guys are going to criticize the trade, at least read the proposal first. It's not Jax straight up for Manu, like a few posters have said-- it's Jax and Anthony Randolph, who will very likely become a very good player in the next couple of years. I'm not in favor of this trade, but people get so eager to criticize in these forums that they don't even read the posts completely.

And there is one thing I think Jax could definitely do better than Manu: defend bigs like Dirk, David West, and Pau Gasol in the playoffs.

Shastafarian
12-27-2008, 05:06 PM
If you guys are going to criticize the trade, at least read the proposal first. It's not Jax straight up for Manu, like a few posters have said-- it's Jax and Anthony Randolph, who will very likely become a very good player in the next couple of years. I'm not in favor of this trade, but people get so eager to criticize in these forums that they don't even read the posts completely.

And there is one thing I think Jax could definitely do better than Manu: defend bigs like Dirk, David West, and Pau Gasol in the playoffs.

In the end why does it matter when this has approximately 0% chance of happening?

T Park
12-27-2008, 05:10 PM

Dude darn near singlehandidly took down the Mavericks in 07, and singlehandidly took down the Celtics last night.

WTF.

T Park
12-27-2008, 05:11 PM

Pau Gasol!?!?

HUH!?

Tully365
12-27-2008, 05:12 PM
In the end why does it matter when this has approximately 0% chance of happening?

Because this is a basketball forum called spurstalk-- the whole point of it is to discuss basketball, and it would be a better environment if people weren't more eager to call other people names than they were to actually have an intelligent basketball debate.

Shastafarian
12-27-2008, 05:12 PM
Dude darn near singlehandidly took down the Mavericks in 07, and singlehandidly took down the Celtics last night.

WTF.

Baron Davis and Jason Richardson disagree with you.

Shastafarian
12-27-2008, 05:13 PM
Because this is a basketball forum called spurstalk-- the whole point of it is to discuss basketball, and it would be a better environment if people weren't more eager to call other people names than they were to actually have an intelligent basketball debate.

Re-read the title of this thread my friend.

Tully365
12-27-2008, 05:13 PM
Pau Gasol!?!?

HUH!?

Yeah, Pau Gasol. You have some thoughts on the topic?

Texas_Ranger
12-27-2008, 05:21 PM
Udoka, Vaughn & Oberto for S-JAx & A.Morrow

kace
12-27-2008, 05:24 PM
SJax and Randolph for Manu ??? :wtf

heu, no.......

BOHOLANO#21
12-27-2008, 05:27 PM
let it go dickhead. SJAX coming back to SA is not in the horizon of the SPURS. MANU has done more good to the SPURS than what SJAX can do in his lifetime.

mountainballer
12-27-2008, 05:36 PM
Sjax for Manu?
wow. that's really clueless nonsense.
I know that Sjax is overrated by many Spurs fans, but that idea can only come from a Suns or Mavs fan.
for the record:
Sjax is a good and talented player, like so many others in this league, who deliver some nice numbers, but will never make a team a contender.
on the todays Spurs his impact would be much lower than many here think. he would pretty much take the role of Fin. yes, this would be an upgrade, but never forget the price and that the Spurs might find a player, who fills more needs, if they are willing to pay this price.
(to pay Sjax 10 million when he's 34)

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-27-2008, 05:50 PM
Then, you want to, what, trade Finley AND Mahinmi for Jackson? You want to trade a solid, dependable starter PLUS our best young big-man prospect for someone who's at best at the top of his career and is probably on the way down? Plus you'd throw in our 3rd backup PG AND a dependable defensive bench player (Udoka)? And give up expiring contracts for a huge financial commitment for several years? You'd make the team EXTREMELY thin, toss away the future (both financially and prospect-wise), and mess up our salary cap plans.

Really bad ideas.

:lmao

1. Finley a dependable, solid starter? You weren't paying attention to the Spurs from April onward, were you? Because Finley was neither.

2. You have to give up talent to get it, which means throwing in Mahinmi. Hell, you could probably get an Anthony Randolph or Kosta Perovic out of the deal too. Neither fits with Nellieball.

3. Our third PG is Mason. Vaughn? LMAO. You're worried about Vaughn to the point you wouldn't give him up for Buckets? Good lord...

4. Make the team extremely thin? Yeah, having a core of Tony, Hill, Mason, Buckets, Duncan, and Ginobili for the rest of the Tim Duncan era would *suck*. :rolleyes

K-State Spur
12-27-2008, 06:28 PM

WTF.

He had a lot of help in '07 (although he does defend Dirk as well as anybody on our roster).

As for last night - even with that game he is still shooting the ball terribly this year.

$10 million/year after 2010 for a guy who is a #3 or #4 option on a team with championship aspirations? don't get me wrong, he's a nice player - but that's overpaying.

DPG21920
12-27-2008, 06:36 PM
Unless you can answer my question, there is nothing else to say:

What does Jax do better than Manu?

ChumpDumper
12-27-2008, 06:39 PM
Unless you can answer my question, there is nothing else to say:

What does Jax do better than Manu?

He stays healthy.

And he doesn't have a church, just a legend.

That said, I'm not sure about trading Manu for him.

T Park
12-27-2008, 06:42 PM
He stays healthy.

Damn, that might make me swing in the direction of for the trade, right there.

Shastafarian
12-27-2008, 07:05 PM
He stays healthy.

Manu has missed 45 games over the past 5 seasons. That's an average of 9 games per year missed due to injury.

I don't know why some people are panicking. He had surgery sure, but it will take a few games for him to get back to his usual self.

DPG21920
12-27-2008, 07:15 PM
He stays healthy.

Since Manu has been in the league he has played a total of 451 games.

In the same time, Jax has played a total of 465.

FuzzyLumpkins
12-27-2008, 07:43 PM
SjAx's contract is not an albatross but its also not sweet. Given that, the value just isnt there in a swap. I do think the Spurs need to start thinking of getting out from under Manu while the getting is good and his value is still high. He is showing a penchant for getting hurt and that is bad on this side of 30.

Give us a above average starting quality 3 or 4 and trade him.

50 cent
12-28-2008, 10:33 AM
Does anyone really want this clown? It would bust the 2010 plan, Jax is a chucker and needs alot of shots to get his points, he no longer goes to the rim.....can anyone tell me hes better than Fin or Mase if they get the same amount of shots as he does pr game.

If Mason shot as much as Jax he would avg 24ppg! I would much rather have a defensive minded athletic guy at the 3? Gist anyone???

What is the 2010 plan? Free up a bunch of capspace and then stand around holding our dicks while all the great FAs sign in more favorable NBA cities?

Shank
12-28-2008, 10:53 AM
Here's a bunch of our shit, now give us your best player.

That doesn't work unless you're the Lakers.

galvatron3000
12-28-2008, 11:09 AM
Manu is there when it counts he just got injured last season against the Hornets, but he still played just couldn't attack the rim that's why having some young guys is important, preferrably someone who can create thus the interest in J.R. Smith despite his defensive handi cap. you don't trade Manu for garbage players, you get a need or forget it.

exstatic
12-28-2008, 11:52 AM
You people realize that if we trade for Jax, Mase probably walks in 2010. The Spurs are NOT going to pay three essentially redundant swingmen, and with Manu and Jax gettin' paid, Mase is the odd man out.

wildbill2u
12-28-2008, 12:20 PM
Any GM who had Jax would trade him straight up for Manu in an instant IMO.

Name a GM who you think would trade Manu for Jax straight up.

Case closed.

Darkwaters
12-28-2008, 12:38 PM
Parker/Hill
Mason/Manu/Bowen
SJax/Bonner
Duncan/Randolph
Oberto/Thomas

Bonner is not a 3. Why do people keep insisting that he is?

MoSpur
12-28-2008, 12:46 PM
The 2010 plan is not in favor of San Antonio. Miami, NY, & LA will be ahead of San Antonio.

Tully365
12-28-2008, 01:29 PM
Manu is there when it counts he just got injured last season against the Hornets, but he still played just couldn't attack the rim that's why having some young guys is important, preferrably someone who can create thus the interest in J.R. Smith despite his defensive handi cap. you don't trade Manu for garbage players, you get a need or forget it.

Do you think JR Smith is better than Jax?

Tully365
12-28-2008, 02:14 PM
If Manu re-injures his ankle, half of the posters here will be talking about how old and useless he is... just like they did this past summer, when "trade Manu" threads were as common as "George Hill sucks" threads.

Man In Black
12-28-2008, 02:33 PM
The problem with any of those swingmen mentioned including SJax, J.R. S"me"ith or any others is that they have proven that as of today, they cannot be selfless. It's hard for them to buy into the "system". Manu has attained "jedi-like" status in the system. Manu knows the ways of The Force.

DPG21920
12-28-2008, 02:46 PM
If Manu re-injures his ankle, half of the posters here will be talking about how old and useless he is... just like they did this past summer, when "trade Manu" threads were as common as "George Hill sucks" threads.

Even if he does get injured that still does not make it a good trade. I would rather have Manu out and have his salary off the books than trade him for an inferior player.

jag
12-28-2008, 04:52 PM
Manu plays 25-30 min/game. Jax plays 40+ min every game.....of course you're going to see a huge difference in production.

Once April rolls around Manu will be healthy, his production will be up, and people will start to appreciate him a little more.

Austin_Toros
12-28-2008, 05:05 PM
it would be nice to have SJAX, but i dont see him returning. im not sure who we would give up for him, but getting him would help the spurs out, for sure.

DAF86
12-28-2008, 05:12 PM
it would be nice to have SJAX, but i dont see him returning. im not sure who we would give up for him, but getting him would help the spurs out, for sure.

Would you trade Manu for him?

mob
12-28-2008, 05:14 PM
We have enough 2-3 players. We need a big. Stop this effing shit about trading for other guards.

Pop has said this is his deepest guard rotation.

Johnny RIngo
12-28-2008, 06:02 PM
I'm not sure if trading Manu for SJax is what this team needs. Still, they're going to have make some kind of move to hang with the elite teams(the current squad isn't good enough to beat a team like the Lakers in the playoffs).

barbacoataco
12-28-2008, 07:41 PM
SJAx's contract is too long for the Spurs to even consider. If Dallas was still our main rival then he would be very helpful in defending Dirk. Anyway, the Spurs have nothing to offer for him and giving up Manu for him is just crazy.

50 cent
12-28-2008, 09:25 PM
You have to ask RC what the 2010 plan is, but while I dont think we will sign the Big free agents, I think we will scoop up several good ones or will be in a spot to take good players from teams who want to get a top flight or max guy.....givinging them nothing in return.

Kind of like what the Clips did with Camby, when your under the cap you can just obsorb salaries. I would not be surprised if TP was traded in 2010 or 2011 for a pc or two and then we lock up Hill to be our long term pg.

At anyrate, the spurs have held strong by not signing guys to long deals so I would be surprised if they blow it now.

Please tell my why the hell the Spurs would trade TP at 28?

DPG21920
12-28-2008, 09:40 PM
Please tell my why the hell the Spurs would trade TP at 28?

Not any more mind blowing than trading Manu for Jax

50 cent
12-28-2008, 10:04 PM
Not any more mind blowing than trading Manu for Jax

Yes it is. One player is past his prime, the other is just entering his prime.

Rogue
12-28-2008, 11:37 PM
Jackson is 30 yr old and has a long contract which is very likely to become a huge burden on his team. Despite his injury issues, what he can do for the spurs is unlikely to be outstanding. He had played for the spurs at the beginning of his career, but today's spurs is quite a different team for that of 99. Plus, Jackson has forgentten whatever he learnt from the spurs for years and his present style is so "warrior". Sjax can hardly adjust to our systerm now, maybe he can relearn teamwork and rejoin our team one day, but that will happen in 3 or 4 yrs when he should starting preparing for retirement.

wisnub
12-28-2008, 11:39 PM
I would trade Finley,Udoka,Ian and Tiago rights to get SJax. Anything but Ginobili..we need him in the playoffs now!!

Flux451
12-28-2008, 11:42 PM
SJAX and MAnu need to be on the same team to be champs...a la Spur Champs 2003.

SJAX for FIN, UDOKA, and VAUGHN

only feesible trade i could come up for JAX

galvatron3000
12-28-2008, 11:44 PM
Not going to happen so I suggest letting this thread die until you hear otherwise

ok, so I wanted to through rocks and my house is made of porcelain

T Park
12-28-2008, 11:44 PM

:lol

that isn't even close to being feesible.

wisnub
12-28-2008, 11:56 PM

I agree..except i think we got to include rights to Tiago...GS love foreign player (Biedrins,Belinelli)...I still got hope for Ian but I would trade him for Jax since his ankle always injured and his muscle got torn once when he was dunking...and we also need a boost now rather than later. Nobody wants Vaughn...not even the Thunders

Flux451
12-29-2008, 12:46 AM
:lol

that isn't even close to being feesible.

Sorry, not feesible, ideal.

Money aside I don't see why not.

explain...what would be your idea of a trade then?

oh yeah, leave out your pretentious type, gets old

Flux451
12-29-2008, 12:48 AM
I agree..except i think we got to include rights to Tiago...GS love foreign player (Biedrins,Belinelli)...I still got hope for Ian but I would trade him for Jax since his ankle always injured and his muscle got torn once when he was dunking...and we also need a boost now rather than later. Nobody wants Vaughn...not even the Thunders

Agree

Chieflion
12-29-2008, 02:26 AM
We would be far better off going after Jeff Green.

honestfool84
12-29-2008, 09:48 PM
Jackson says he's indebted to Warriors (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3796051)

After the Golden State Warriors' 99-88 upset victory over the Boston Celtics on Friday, Warriors swingman Stephen Jackson clarified recent remarks made to teammates in recent weeks that suggested his love affair with Oakland and the Warriors was over.
Yes, Jackson and coach Don Nelson had words a couple of weeks ago when Nelson told him his poor play was hurting the team.
Yes, Jackson told teammates that if the Warriors' current spiral were to continue, he wouldn't oppose being sent elsewhere.
But he took issue with anyone interpreting those incidents as his way of demanding a trade. He said he remains indebted to the Warriors for giving him a three-year $28 million extension this fall and naming him a team captain last season, the first such honor in his nine-year career.
As for the comments to his teammates, he said: "I was frustrated. I am frustrated. But I don't want to be one of those guys who just gets his money and then wants out when things go bad. Too many people have done too much for me here to be like that. This is the absolute ideal situation for me."
That includes his relationship with Nelson, who invited him into his car before the team's Dec. 15 shootaround before hosting Orlando and told him he was the team's worst player.
The criticism caught Jackson off guard because he had been suiting up despite a broken toe and a sprained left wrist. Injuries had robbed the team of the rest of its veteran leadership, and Jackson had been playing hurt to help out; to hear his sacrifice was unappreciated caused him to react.
He finally gave his left wrist four games off to heal last week, returning against the Celtics to contribute a game-high 28 points and seven rebounds while holding Paul Pierce to one point in the fourth quarter.
"Coach and I don't agree on everything, but I appreciate what he's done, making me a captain and everything," Jackson said. "The responsibility I've been given here is what I've always wanted."

Ric Bucher is a senior NBA writer for ESPN The Magazine.

Ice009
12-29-2008, 10:03 PM
WTF I'm surprised Jackson doesn't demand to be traded.

He's playing with a broken toe and hurt wrist and the coach tells you you're the worst player on the team. What kind of shit is that?

angelbelow
12-30-2008, 12:25 AM
no to manu for sjax simply because manu >>>>>> sjax.

lefty
12-30-2008, 12:37 AM
Jaaaaax is torching the Raptors right now

superbigtime
12-30-2008, 12:50 AM
We have enough 2-3 players. We need a big. Stop this effing shit about trading for other guards.

Pop has said this is his deepest guard rotation.

Amen. We don't need Jax. We need a center to help Tim and stop relying so damn much on the 3/outside shot.

Manufan909
12-30-2008, 01:35 AM
Jaaaaax is torching the Raptors right now

You photoshop your sig, or is that a real shot from a game?

lefty
12-30-2008, 01:39 AM
You photoshop your sig, or is that a real shot from a game?

I think it's real :lol

I wish I could photoshop like that :depressed

TDMVPDPOY
12-30-2008, 01:46 AM
im surprise steph jackson didnt jump on nelons car bonnet and start shooting hahahahahah

m33p0
12-30-2008, 02:34 AM
he left you for someone else. it's been years. let him go and move on already.

WalterBenitez
12-30-2008, 07:33 AM
We need a show man, make that trade, no more boring team, come on!!!

DANILO DRASKOVIC
12-30-2008, 08:56 AM
48 minutes last night
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore;_ylt=Aki1wnY0fNAmglPds9Xh8KS8vLYF?gid=200 8122909

DAF86
12-30-2008, 12:04 PM
Jackson says he's indebted to Warriors (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3796051)

After the Golden State Warriors' 99-88 upset victory over the Boston Celtics on Friday, Warriors swingman Stephen Jackson clarified recent remarks made to teammates in recent weeks that suggested his love affair with Oakland and the Warriors was over.
Yes, Jackson and coach Don Nelson had words a couple of weeks ago when Nelson told him his poor play was hurting the team.Yes, Jackson told teammates that if the Warriors' current spiral were to continue, he wouldn't oppose being sent elsewhere.
But he took issue with anyone interpreting those incidents as his way of demanding a trade. He said he remains indebted to the Warriors for giving him a three-year $28 million extension this fall and naming him a team captain last season, the first such honor in his nine-year career.
As for the comments to his teammates, he said: "I was frustrated. I am frustrated. But I don't want to be one of those guys who just gets his money and then wants out when things go bad. Too many people have done too much for me here to be like that. This is the absolute ideal situation for me."
That includes his relationship with Nelson, who invited him into his car before the team's Dec. 15 shootaround before hosting Orlando and told him he was the team's worst player.
The criticism caught Jackson off guard because he had been suiting up despite a broken toe and a sprained left wrist. Injuries had robbed the team of the rest of its veteran leadership, and Jackson had been playing hurt to help out; to hear his sacrifice was unappreciated caused him to react.
He finally gave his left wrist four games off to heal last week, returning against the Celtics to contribute a game-high 28 points and seven rebounds while holding Paul Pierce to one point in the fourth quarter.
"Coach and I don't agree on everything, but I appreciate what he's done, making me a captain and everything," Jackson said. "The responsibility I've been given here is what I've always want.

So to sum up:

Ginobili: 31 years old, injured ankle.

Jackson: 30 years old, broken toe, sprined wrist, crappy shooting % and overall a worst player than Manu..... Yep let's make it happen.

smeagol
12-30-2008, 12:40 PM
50cents:

What's this season's SPurs record with and without Manu?