PDA

View Full Version : If you want to trade Manu...

DAF86
12-27-2008, 03:12 PM
What about this?

Manu and Thomas or Oberto for Elton Brand

The Spurs will be getting the very needed good bigman and the sixers will be getting the best player of the trade plus a solid role player.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=91~272~846&teams=24~20~20&te=&cash=

Kamnik
12-27-2008, 03:14 PM
Why the hell would the sixers want that trade?

fail

DynastyBuilder
12-27-2008, 03:17 PM
why in the hell would the Spurs want that trade.

DAF86
12-27-2008, 03:20 PM
Why the hell would the sixers want that trade?

fail

the sixers will be getting the best player of the trade plus a solid role player.

Besides the sixers don't have a scoring perimeter player (they don't even have a guy that shoots the 3 decently) and I think it's fair to say that Brand didn't meet the expectations in Philly

sonic21
12-27-2008, 03:21 PM
:tu
good trade, our starting PF is too weak.

50 cent
12-27-2008, 03:23 PM
Even I think this is ridiculous.

DAF86
12-27-2008, 03:25 PM
Even I think this is ridiculous.

Why?

50 cent
12-27-2008, 03:26 PM
The 76ers would never do this.

DAF86
12-27-2008, 03:27 PM
Besides the sixers don't have a scoring perimeter player (they don't even have a guy that shoots the 3 decently) and I think it's fair to say that Brand didn't meet the expectations in Philly

PLUS THEY COULD MAKE SPACE FOR 2010.

Now how's that for a good reason

DAF86
12-27-2008, 03:28 PM
The 76ers would never do this.

I think that in the real life the ones that wouldn't want to do this trade are the Spurs

DAF86
12-27-2008, 03:34 PM
:tu
good trade, our starting PF is too weak.

Are you being sarcastic? if not, thanks.

If you are let me tell you that no matter what the all star ballot says, Duncan is our center

timvp
12-27-2008, 03:37 PM
Bad trade plus Elton Brand is injured. Undersized power forwards usually have a steep drop in production at age 30. Brand is 29 and his steep drop in production looks like it's happening a year early.

it's me
12-27-2008, 03:39 PM

If you are let me tell you that no matter what the all star ballot says Duncan is our center

Actually, he's our best.... both .... C and PF

DAF86
12-27-2008, 03:45 PM
Bad trade plus Elton Brand is injured. Undersized power forwards usually have a steep drop in production at age 30. Brand is 29 and his steep drop in production looks like it's happening a year early.

I also think this is a bad trade for us but to me is the best we can get for Manu.

Manu is my favorite player, this thread was actually a strange way of trying to stop all the ridiculous trade Manu talk.

sonic21
12-27-2008, 03:50 PM

If you are let me tell you that no matter what the all star ballot says, Duncan is our center

actually this year Bonner > Brand :wow

WildcardManu
12-27-2008, 03:54 PM
Why the hell would the SPURS want that trade?

fail

fixed.

mudyez
12-27-2008, 04:52 PM
hell I'd do it:

lets trade manu+fab for brand

...wait, manu isnt that redhaired big guy on our roster?!

no, serious: as much as I love brand and as much as I think timmy and him in the frontcourt would be awsome, we just need manu what manu givs us...even with mason and hill doing so great...we cant affort to mix such big parts of the team without skrewing this season

and after all, I dont see philly doing it!...possobply they would trade brand for some young players (think randoph+wrigh) but not a veteran SG, that may net them some more wins, but wont be able to give them future or hope for a championship right now by himself

Frenchise player
12-27-2008, 05:18 PM
Trading Manu is a bad idea, he has much more value to the Spurs than to any other team in the league. The Sixers have already backourt depth and their only post up player is Brand.

Moreover, Brand is not a good fit for the spurs, we need more a guy who can rebound and be a good defensive presence than a scorer, ideally that would be Camby but if K. Thomas can build on his lasts performances, I don't think it will be necessary.

Austin_Toros
12-27-2008, 06:06 PM
i dont have a problem trading manu- but for the right price. elton brand is NOT that right price.

if spurs got rid of manu for brand there is no way they would win the same amount of games if they had not done the deal.

DAF86
12-27-2008, 06:12 PM
i dont have a problem trading manu- but for the right price. elton brand is NOT that right price.

if spurs got rid of manu for brand there is no way they would win the same amount of games if they had not done the deal.

But that's the point I'm trying to make, there's no reasonable trade that you could make to help the Spurs get better by trading Manu. You won't get the Lebrons, Kobes and Boshes of the world so who would you trade Manu for?

kace
12-27-2008, 06:13 PM
i really don't see manu being trade for two reasons:

1) if he gets back to his real level, you just can't trade such a good player at 10 M/year. you'll never have something as valuable in return.

2) if he's really lost a step, why any other team would want him, considering his age ?

and you have to add that to even consider trading manu, he really has to suck a lot because he's just a member of the core.

if hill, bonner and mason are allowed by pop, like he said, "to play bad for 36 games" to not be used, then manu should be allowed all the time he wants to play well, considering what he brought to this team and that he's getting back after an injury.

TMTTRIO
12-28-2008, 12:15 AM
I don't think that work for both sides but I could see Manu eventually being shopped around especially the closer it gets for his contract to run out.

greens
12-28-2008, 12:20 AM
I don't think that work for both sides but I could see Manu eventually being shopped around especially the closer it gets for his contract to run out.

Why would Manu even be shopped around? He was injured at the beginning of the season. It's going to take time for him to get fully back to his potential. I don't see the Spurs even considering to trade Manu. I think Tim even joked around about that last year.

green hair rodman
12-28-2008, 12:23 AM
anyone who wants to trade manu is a complete idiot...spurs are playing badass, elton brand is sucking...so if you do feel like trading manu maybe you should live in a city like philly or jersey where dumbass people accumulate dumbass players to play shitty basketball..

wisnub
12-28-2008, 12:34 AM
actually this year Bonner > Brand :wow

I agree :) Right now our roster is damn good..no need to trade unless its extremely beneficial move to Spurs. I hope Ian will make big nice surpise as well...Bonner,Mason and Hill did.
but if Brand can put his Clippers days numbers if he's traded in Spurs i think its a good idea...but then Duncan have to play C. They can play batman and robin. Brand can make middle jumpers and he can put up second chance from Duncan shot or try to create his own in low post,that will relieve Duncan and when starters rest..Bonner,Mason and Hill will rock the house. but well...this is hypothetical and looking at Brand injuries, i preety much doubt it...we need Manu in playoffs

pawe
12-28-2008, 12:38 AM
Now that is a true SA fan...An Argentinian suggesting a Manu and Oberto trade. Too bad the trade wont benefit the Spurs because Brand wont provide the heart and hustle that manu has. Trade everyone except the big 3 and Bruce.

MarHill
12-28-2008, 12:40 AM

I do have a big problem with people wanting to trade Manu.

He's the X-factor on this team. The guy who stirs the Spurs drink......and the Spurs are not trading him for anyone.

People don't understand that this team...the way they are constructed is almost perfect. (Nothing is ever perfect in life!!!)

Manu stays a Spur!!!!

HarlemHeat37
12-28-2008, 12:45 AM
I'd consider it for the right move, but it would be tough to get equal value(not for Elton Brand, just a Manu trade in general)..

Manu looks to be 75% right now..the problem with Ginobili is that we have no idea if he's going to return to form..so trading him is risky, but might turn out to be a good option..it'll be interesting to see how his health looks in February..if he gets back to 90-95%, I wouldn't trade him for almost anything we'd actually get back..

mrspurs
12-28-2008, 07:17 AM
Brand would play great on the Rockets team. They're used to guys being injured all the time.

stéphane
12-28-2008, 07:59 AM
Manu is going nowhere.
The spurs musn't and won't let him go this year.

zapanther
12-28-2008, 05:01 PM
dude u are a dumb-ass..

Texas_Ranger
12-28-2008, 05:15 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=3206~3005~3450~2188~2794~272&teams=24~24~24~24~24~29&te=&cash=

WAWAWIWA!...If only that would be possible.

it's me
12-28-2008, 05:25 PM
Actually ... it's a little too late to trade him...
Best thing the Spurs organization can hope for ... is that he keeps playing like crap until the contract extension negotiations and offer him 3 or 4 mil year.. (that's what he's worth right now) and pray he can improve his game...
That will allow us to get a real center and retain a guy that knows the system.

it's me
12-28-2008, 05:29 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=3206~3005~3450~2188~2794~272&teams=24~24~24~24~24~29&te=&cash=

WAWAWIWA!...If only that would be possible.

hahahaha they will never do that.... but It would be great...

actually Mayo and Gasol for Manu would be awesome.