PDA

View Full Version : You have to Give Props!

ManuTP9
12-27-2008, 11:41 PM
Im happy with the win and all but give props to Mayo and Gasol they both were outstanding either one of them could of won that game.

benefactor
12-27-2008, 11:42 PM
Mayo is big time...there is not doubt about that.

Gasol is a poor mans Kaman.

Spurs Brazil
12-27-2008, 11:43 PM
Mayo is fantastic. In 3 games against the Spurs he played great

Gasol was very good tonight too. I don't know if he can play like this every night but he was very good

The_Game
12-27-2008, 11:43 PM
that was not gasol's first double double

he had like a 27 and 15 game earlier this year

boutons_
12-27-2008, 11:44 PM
In first OT, Gasol won the jump ball, then blocked Tim twice.

Obstructed_View
12-27-2008, 11:44 PM
It's Gasol's third double double. He had like 27 and 14 the second or third game of the year, and people thought he was going to be a beast.

raspsa
12-27-2008, 11:46 PM
I'm really so happy for Finley and Thomas. They really stepped up big when it mattered and this is really, really sweet vindication after all the abuse they've received on these boards over the past months. Just 2 quiet, professional blue-collar Spurs who got the job done tonight.

DROB4EVER
12-28-2008, 12:07 AM
Give them props??? They suck as a team and we had to go to double OT at home to beat them. Tony again hogs the ball...26 shots??? That is insaine! Mason doesnt get involved at all, Hill another goose egg.

Tim gets 5 boards in 48 mins??? We dont look like a contender, Tony must get others more involved. Duncan has got to do a better job on the boards. Pops needs to tell tony to pass the fucking ball or I can see a first round out.

pawe
12-28-2008, 12:10 AM
give credit where it is due. Id give it to KT and Fin and TP coz they did a great job when TD fouled out.

MarHill
12-28-2008, 12:11 AM
Give them props??? They suck as a team and we had to go to double OT at home to beat them. Tony again hogs the ball...26 shots??? That is insaine! Mason doesnt get involved at all, Hill another goose egg.

Tim gets 5 boards in 48 mins??? We dont look like a contender, Tony must get others more involved. Duncan has got to do a better job on the boards. Pops needs to tell tony to pass the fucking ball or I can see a first round out.

Another Spoiled Spurs fan overreaction!!

Give the Grizzlies credit....they came to play tonight and the Spurs just played their 7th game in 11 days. And they still won the game!!!

And you are already judging that they will be out in the first round of the playoffs by a close game in late December and there is still five months left in the season.

Absoultely Amazing!!!

:bang

Yikes!!!!

MarHill
12-28-2008, 12:12 AM
OJ Mayo is a good player. He has all the shots and can definitely be a star in the league!

wisnub
12-28-2008, 12:16 AM
Im happy with the win and all but give props to Mayo and Gasol they both were outstanding either one of them could of won that game.

Its nice if we could get Marc Gasol, we could replace KT then since he is going to be 37 and that is my brother is too old in any league standard. Fab can show him the ropes and help him adjusting in Spurs system. But well..i think it will never happen. Mayo play great as predicted...I live in LA and i saw him couple of times during USC games..he is destined to be a great player.
I am shocked that we are not that far from no 1 spot in West..perhaps with keeping the spirit up and tons of luck (i think Spurs play superb basketball,but sometimes they got some kind of jinx or sumthin, things keep repeating somehow) Spurs can take no 1 spot because i think Spurs deserve it.

DROB4EVER
12-28-2008, 12:16 AM
Another Spoiled Spurs fan overreaction!!

Give the Grizzlies credit....they came to play tonight and the Spurs just played their 7th game in 11 days. And they still won the game!!!

And you are already judging that they will be out in the first round of the playoffs by a close game in late December and there is still five months left in the season.

Absoultely Amazing!!!

:bang

Yikes!!!!

Not an overraction, look at the fact a very bad team took us to double OT on our court! Look that the fact Tony isnt getting guys involved at all. Tim 5 boards, Bonner 2 pts in 9mins.

Contenders souldnt be taken into overtime to beat a poor team! In the playoffs, you play every other night so the 7 games in 11 days is no excuse.

timtonymanu
12-28-2008, 12:45 AM
Props to the Grizzlies! Mayo/Gay/Gasol/Conley is definitely a dangerous combo. Give this team a few more years and they can become a playoff team.

Reck
12-28-2008, 12:50 AM
The Grizz are def gellin' now. Playing really good.

I for once am thankful we have 1 game left to play against the Grizz. Mayo and Gay are a strong force to be reckon with.

MarHill
12-28-2008, 12:53 AM
Not an overraction, look at the fact a very bad team took us to double OT on our court! Look that the fact Tony isnt getting guys involved at all. Tim 5 boards, Bonner 2 pts in 9mins.

Contenders souldnt be taken into overtime to beat a poor team! In the playoffs, you play every other night so the 7 games in 11 days is no excuse.

I'm sorry.....there have been close wins against bad teams every season I can remember in watching the Spurs.

And playing their 7th game in 11 days is a valid excuse. Because...they are human!!!! No one is perfect!

The fact that they won the game...is even better!

Lakers had a bad loss, The mighty Celtics had a bad loss.....it will happen when you play 82 games.

But from your logic....I guess the Spurs are not a contender and the Grizzlies would beat them in a seven game series.

They are going to be nights where the Big 3 will dominate the game and they will be other nights like the 1st game against the Rockets in SA where the role players set-up.

It happens....but to overreact to a game like this when it happens all the time is unfair!!

raspsa
12-28-2008, 01:09 AM
It wasn't a prime example of Spurs BB, I'll grant you. But the bottom line is the team fought through the adversity and showed individual grit and tenacity to get the WIN. As pointed out already, the team had an "off" day and were going up against a hungry, young and talented team trying to make a name for itself

I'm heartened that the Spurs won in 2OT and that it was a pair of grizzled Methuselahs who led the way... definitely some wisdom in Pop's madness,

Solid D
12-28-2008, 01:19 AM
Poor Marc Gasol had two chances to win the game, missing a jumper and a FT that would have been the game-winners. I agree, he was excellent tonight. Spurs were very fortunate to pull that one out. Thomas had a clean block but Finley did get Rudy's wrist, more hand than ball on the last play. However, there were lots of missed calls at both ends, including a missed and-1 on Conley's push on Parker's layup the play before.

That was one great performance by Memphis and a gritty performance by the Spurs.

Chieflion
12-28-2008, 03:31 AM
Let me search on the thread I have about the Grizzlies a week ago, now where was it?

kace
12-28-2008, 03:58 AM

tony taking 26 shots per game would be way too much, that's for sure. but tonight, i'm sure you noticed it was a double overtime game.

Tony had "only" 14 shots attempted with 2 minutes remaining in the fourth.

He has 12 more after that (2 mins + 2 OT), because the game was close and he's our most reliable scorer down the stretch right now, and tim had many fouls. The fact that he scored 7 of these 12 last shots is the reason why Pop says him to shot on this situation.

More reliable shooters would be nice but no one seemed able to score outside tony.

outside tony, the team was 2/9 in this same period, with tim being 0/3 and manu 1/5.

so, you can regret this fact, but to blame tony for it is lame.

Rogue
12-28-2008, 04:40 AM
That's why I was thinking about trading tony to LA where he will have a bigger stage to show his jumpers. Kobe? No problem, we are just trading him for Kobe so Tony won't have to share his shooting attempts with anyone else. Hell Pau and Odom and never to mention the other lakers, Tony is 2nd or 3rd guy on spurs but he is gonna be the leader of the lakers. Kobe is not a good person but he is really a good player who can finish the game in the final minutes.

In terms of Kobe it is also a good choice for him to leave LA for San Antonio. Kobe has won three championships with O'Neal, but he can never win that without a big man like O'Neal. He needs some big guy to make some PnRs but there is no such guy on lakers team that can cook it up with him. Kobe enjoys Picknroll then we have a PnR professor in Duncan, so his games will be more enjoyable for him if he joins spurs.

mrspurs
12-28-2008, 07:00 AM
Id agree they are both very good players who have many years left in their tanks.