PDA

View Full Version : Oberto.....

ManuTP9
12-27-2008, 11:50 PM
i know he is injured, but do you really think we need him to win games? im saying this because we've been winning games without him , and also hes not a great center , hes too "soft". i think when Ian gets healthy he should take his spot.

Spurs Brazil
12-27-2008, 11:51 PM
i know he is injured, but do you really think we need him to win games? im saying this because we've been winning games without him , and also hes not a great center , hes too "soft". i think when Ian gets healthy he should take his spot.

We been waiting 4 months to Ian get healthy...

benefactor
12-27-2008, 11:52 PM
As long as we have Manu...we have Oberto and he will get minutes. That's just the way it is.

senorglory
12-28-2008, 12:00 AM

The Spurs are not "soft." Not a single one of them. They're brutish thugs, each and every one.

You're the one who is soft, soft in the head.

:ihit

ManuTP9
12-28-2008, 12:01 AM
The Spurs are not "soft." Not a single one of them. They're brutish thugs, each and every one.

You're the one who is soft, soft in the head.

:ihit

Oberto is the one of the softest centers. XD

raspsa
12-28-2008, 12:05 AM
He's a "finesse" center.

DROB4EVER
12-28-2008, 12:11 AM
Hes better than Tolliver so yes we need him, but I would much rather have Mutombo and Ian in there.

pawe
12-28-2008, 12:21 AM
You can call him soft, slow, un-athletic but the dude's a smart player. Craftiness is his talent and playing off Duncan is his game.

green hair rodman
12-28-2008, 12:27 AM
ians never even gotten real playing time, and obertos played clutch ball for us in the fourth quarter in the finals....oberto moves the ball around very well, he knows where to position himself...and he is an excellent passer....so instead of him taking shots, he's passing the ball to manu tim or tony for a better shot...but if you dont like him than you should follow whoever has nazr so you can see him duck his head and throw up a wack shot

Blackjack
12-28-2008, 01:32 AM
:lmao

Oberto has some physical limitations, but there's no way in hell you can call him soft.

The guy plays hurt, is borderline "dirty" at times, and plays the same way regardless of who's in front of him.

He's a playmaker by nature, and not as capable of playing in the post as he used to, so I could understand if your argument was that he was passive on the offensive end, but to call him soft?

I'd suggest you find out how his opposition feels after having to deal with his screens, post-defense, and battling on the boards for any extended period of time.

Oh, and if Ian is your answer to soft???

You might want to re-think the question.

jag
12-28-2008, 01:41 AM
As long as we have Manu...we have Oberto and he will get minutes. That's just the way it is.

I dont think it's that simple. It certainly wasn't that way with Duncan and Antonio Daniels.

Fattmac78
12-28-2008, 01:42 AM
Oberto is 19 times smarter that most centers in the league today. An for that he aint going anywhere. He moves great without the ball 2. What he lack in size I really think has in smarts.:rolleyes I still want Deke.
:lobt2:

Ice009
12-28-2008, 01:43 AM
Oberto is NOT SOFT. He's just not athletic.

Also, implying that Ian is tougher than Oberto is laughable.

YODA
12-28-2008, 02:29 AM
Oberto is not soft, plays good Team D. What makes him see soft if he lack if tryign to make his own plays or take shots. Tends to pass it off more times then not. This of course goes with his Team play, but I still would like to see him shoot a LITTLE more and at least try to make shot under the basket...at least a little.

noone will debate his BB IQ is high.

ill like having him around in a finals game....would you prefer Ian?? yikes

SenorSpur
12-28-2008, 03:12 AM
I'm not fond of Oberto either. He's slow, unathletic and is physically limited. Yet, I can't even go there on the "soft" label. I've seen him be borderline "dirty" at times. I still don't care for him much, but he aint soft.

m33p0
12-28-2008, 03:41 AM
bynum begs to disagree.

Austin_Toros
12-28-2008, 05:05 AM
He's a "finesse" center.

dont EVER say that again.
just because hes not athletic doesnt mean he can be called a "finesse centre"
i dont want him after this season as he isnt essential to winning games

motombo would help us more than this guy

mrspurs
12-28-2008, 06:57 AM
The only thing Fab has is experience on this team. Thats the only thing he brings to the court. Imo one of the Spurs all time chokers. That being said, he will be needed come PO time. If anything to keep 5 guys on the court. Never seen a big so close to the rim choke or get scared and pass the ball out in a Spurs uniform. If he could score when hes open and under the rim, TP would get more assists.

Rogue
12-28-2008, 09:25 AM
Oberto has some problem with his heart, I think that's the main reason why he is sidelined. There is nothing more important than the health of the rosters, he should never come back to court until his heart condition fully cured.
Humans beings can live without legs or arms, but the heart is not arm or leg.

MarHill
12-28-2008, 10:24 AM
where are you gonna find a smart center who is a good passer and also is smart on D for only $2.5 M p/yr?
No way we get rid of Fab. Just go back to the 07 NBA Finals and think again about your trade/wave question.

Agreed!

Fab is important to this team and what his role is.....

:flag: