PDA

View Full Version : Show KT Some Love!

spurs_fan_in_exile
12-28-2008, 12:21 AM
He's old, he's slow, but I'll be damned if he wasn't a BEAST after Tim went to the bench. With the exception of Parker, no Spur made more plays down the stretch. The put back for the lead, big time rebounds on the other end, and game changing blocks at the hoop. No KT = a big fat L tonight.

Show him some love Spurstalk!

Frenchise player
12-28-2008, 12:27 AM
Great D by KT tonight, he has improved a lot since the beginning of the season, he is fighting for rebounds, defending the opposing center and hitting that mid range jump shot, all we can ask for the second big men on this team, the Spurs might not need to seek another big men after all.

NRHector
12-28-2008, 12:29 AM
you are right, he came big tonight he deserves the recogniton

honestfool84
12-28-2008, 12:30 AM
i totally agree.

down with the trade KT threads!
he is starting to pan out into what they expected.

Reck
12-28-2008, 12:32 AM
Didn't get to watch the game tonight but he's been playing excellent the past 2 games.

Props to KT.:toast

:flag:

Fabbs
12-28-2008, 12:38 AM
Great effort by KT and no doubt he felt the need to rise to the occasion with Dunkar out.

pawe
12-28-2008, 12:38 AM
Great game crazy eyes!

timtonymanu
12-28-2008, 12:40 AM
Props to KT! He stepped up for fouled-out Duncan. I think he should get more minutes than Bonner from this point out if Bonner cant hit his shots.

Blackjack
12-28-2008, 12:57 AM
He's old, he's slow, but I'll be damned if he wasn't a BEAST after Tim went to the bench. With the exception of Parker, no Spur made more plays down the stretch. The put back for the lead, big time rebounds on the other end, and game changing blocks at the hoop. No KT = a big fat L tonight.

Show him some love Spurstalk!

:tu

I thought I had my wheelbarrow stolen, but it turns out the Spurs were just borrowing it for Kurt to carry his "junk."

MarHill
12-28-2008, 12:58 AM
Good effort by KT...he was huge in the 2OT!!!

phyzik
12-28-2008, 12:59 AM
Im really liking his play these past few games... but a beast? lets not get over-excited here.

Props to KT though, I was cheering my ass off for his stellar play this game. A beast he is not though. Not yet.

raspsa
12-28-2008, 01:16 AM
KT deserves the Kudos.
Anyone want to join me in recogizing the contributions of Mike Finley? Timely 3-pointers, solid defense helped get this win as well.

spurs_fan_in_exile
12-28-2008, 01:22 AM
KT deserves the Kudos.
Anyone want to join me in recogizing the contributions of Mike Finley? Timely 3-pointers, solid defense helped get this win as well.

Five assists too IIRC. Any dimes you get out of him are a pretty big bonus.

YoMamaIsCallin
12-28-2008, 01:22 AM
I saw the game in person, section 103. Thomas won the game for the Spurs. He had at least two blocks, a steal, and several key rebounds.

Blackjack
12-28-2008, 02:01 AM
KT deserves the Kudos.

There were a lot of contributions that should get some love.

Bowen hit a timely three and did a hell of a job on D.

Udoka came in and really helped the cause after dusting off the cobwebs.

KT and Fin you already mentioned.

Tim looked gassed to me, yet found a way to play huge minutes, make some hustle plays, and drop 29.

Manu played some pretty damn good on-ball defense on Mayo, hit a couple big 3's,(one step-back that was ridiculous) and brought energy, even if he didn't have his best stuff.

Tony really got up and pressured the ball, forced the action pretty well, and although he didn't have his A+ game, when the chips were down he was clutch.(On a side-note, J.Rose on NBA Fastbreak proclaimed Tony to be the best point-guard in the league.)

For a team that had to be dragging on account of the schedule and the amount of minutes accumulated, they showed a lot of grit and determination to get this win. That was a hungry, talented, and young team, that played a hell of a game.:toast

JPB
12-28-2008, 05:15 AM
That's what you expect from a vet like Kurt, specially in a team like SA.
Cruise quietly during the RS (occasionnaly stepping up when needed) and then really step up when playoffs arrive.

Bruce is in the same mode this year.

Austin_Toros
12-28-2008, 05:16 AM
yeah, our vets played well

many times nobody realises how much these vets contribute to our team. without them we wouldnt be where we are now!

go mike fin!

mrspurs
12-28-2008, 06:53 AM
Thats funny because when Timmy went to the bench. Thats when they went on a run. Kurt didnt do anything to help stop them. It happens to much as soon as Timmy sits, the other teams get on a roll. Pop had to change alot of things because of our other Bigs last night. We won because of Bruces defense, Imes slight spark, and our Big 3. Not because of Kurt or Matt. The Grizzs are to quick for Matt and Kurt and Pop made that change during the second half. No love from me..............not for Kurt tonight.

Texas_Ranger
12-28-2008, 06:56 AM
I'm sure that Kurt's got his own girls that love him, just like Fab.:rollin

SenorSpur
12-28-2008, 10:39 AM
Big props to KT. He came up big after TD fouled out. Shows he can still summon it up on occasion.

Personally, I still think he's toast because he has more poor efforts than good. Yet I give him big props for last night.

Keepin' it real
12-28-2008, 11:06 AM
A game like this demonstrates why the Spurs keep vets like KT on the roster. I know the GM in many of us wants to give young wanna-be's like Ian and Tolliver a chance, but on a big stage like last night's, those guys would not deliver what KT did. In a situation like that, I would not want to count on guys whose umbilical cords seem to be attached to the D League.

GSH
12-28-2008, 11:30 AM
Great D by KT tonight, he has improved a lot since the beginning of the season, he is fighting for rebounds, defending the opposing center and hitting that mid range jump shot, all we can ask for the second big men on this team, the Spurs might not need to seek another big men after all.

KT was injured at the beginning of the season. I know that doesn't fit in well with all the end-of-the-era predictions that say we can't win without making a trade for Dwight Howard. But rumors of his demise may have been a bit premature. He's been working his way back into the rotation, and putting in some damned good minutes.

I know Pop called the team out early this year for playing soft. But the truth is we have a bunch of guys on this team who aren't afraid of anybody, and won't back down an inch. Thomas is one of them. And while he may not have bulging Popeye muscles, he's a lot stronger in the low blocks than he gets credit for. He's going to frustrate the shit out of Andrew Bynum, and have Laker fans crying about the officiating.

SenorSpur
12-28-2008, 11:41 AM
He's going to frustrate the shit out of Andrew Bynum, and have Laker fans crying about the officiating.

Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves after just one good game. Furthermore, unless KT can conjure up these kinds of games on a regular basis, look for more games where it's mainly Tim versus the entire frontline (1 against 2) of the opposition. It's imperative that both KT and Bonner optimize their time on the court to give Tim some much-needed help. Thus far, they've not done so on a consistent basis.

DPG21920
12-28-2008, 02:55 PM
I think KT can which is why he will take minutes from Oberto even when he is healthy. He might have some up and downs, but KT provides good defense and will actually shoot the ball on offense.

Oberto does a lot of good things, but I hate that he almost never looks to score.

peskypesky
12-28-2008, 06:46 PM
KT wants a Championship ring. He's going to give it all he's got...and apparently he still has a little left in the tank.

T Park
12-28-2008, 06:47 PM
Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves after just one good game. Furthermore, unless KT can conjure up these kinds of games on a regular basis, look for more games where it's mainly Tim versus the entire frontline (1 against 2) of the opposition. It's imperative that both KT and Bonner optimize their time on the court to give Tim some much-needed help. Thus far, they've not done so on a consistent basis.

Uh, hes had more than just one....

superbigtime
12-28-2008, 09:10 PM
Kurt Thomas came to play last night, no doubt. Great rebounding, putback and 3 great blocks! Way to go KT! You looked really good out there.

my2sons
12-29-2008, 12:11 PM
Thats funny because when Timmy went to the bench. Thats when they went on a run. Kurt didnt do anything to help stop them. It happens to much as soon as Timmy sits, the other teams get on a roll. Pop had to change alot of things because of our other Bigs last night. We won because of Bruces defense, Imes slight spark, and our Big 3. Not because of Kurt or Matt. The Grizzs are to quick for Matt and Kurt and Pop made that change during the second half. No love from me..............not for Kurt tonight.

So you're saying the blocks, rebounds and putbacks by kurt were not a good reason for spurs winning the game.

z0sa
12-29-2008, 12:13 PM
So you're saying the blocks, rebounds and putbacks by kurt were not a good reason for spurs winning the game.

KT was a huge factor in the win, period.

Mrspurs doesn't understand.

Sissiborgo
12-29-2008, 12:16 PM
KT...I have never hated him but never loved him...

GSH
03-11-2009, 12:35 AM
KT was injured at the beginning of the season. I know that doesn't fit in well with all the end-of-the-era predictions that say we can't win without making a trade for Dwight Howard. But rumors of his demise may have been a bit premature. He's been working his way back into the rotation, and putting in some damned good minutes.

I know Pop called the team out early this year for playing soft. But the truth is we have a bunch of guys on this team who aren't afraid of anybody, and won't back down an inch. Thomas is one of them. And while he may not have bulging Popeye muscles, he's a lot stronger in the low blocks than he gets credit for. He's going to frustrate the shit out of Andrew Bynum, and have Laker fans crying about the officiating.

Like the thread title says - Show KT some love! Beast on the boards. Good solid picks. Consistent mid-range. And all-around tough sonofabitch.

Spursmania
03-11-2009, 12:39 AM
KT you rocked tonight against the Bobcats. Crazy eyes strikes again!

completely deck
03-11-2009, 12:42 AM
Whatever you're doing differently, KT, keep doing it! I'm officially on the Thomas bandwagon