PDA

View Full Version : Brady's '09 Season In Danger

SpursFanFirst
12-28-2008, 04:43 PM
Report: Patriots QB Brady well behind in recovery
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=txpatriotsbrady&prov=st&type=lgns

NEW YORK (TICKER) —New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady’s recovery from knee surgery is well behind schedule - to the point it may endanger his 2009 season, according to a report on NBCSports.com.

Brady suffered a torn ACL and MCL in Week One against the Kansas City Chiefs, and his recovery has been hindered by an infection that set in following his initial surgery on October 6, according to the web site.

Citing a league source, NBCSports.com reported that Brady underwent six weeks of antibiotics and a second surgical procedure to clear the infection, but said the ACL and MCL remain “loose.”

Brady, the reigning NFL Most Valuable Player, also has had scar tissue build up in his knee, which does not allow the knee to have full mobility and prevents him from full-scale rehabilitation.

The source told the web site that Brady will need to get the scar tissue removed to build up strength in his quadriceps muscle, but even at that, the looseness in the ligament will not disappear without another surgery.

That could jeopardize the 2009 season for Brady, since doctors would not be able to perform another surgery so soon after the first operation, especially given the current condition of the knee.

Brady’s condition could have a major impact on the team’s dealings with backup quarterback Matt Cassel, who has performed admirably in his first season as a starter and is expected to command major dollars as a free agent in the offseason.

A two-time Super Bowl MVP, Brady threw for a single-season record 50 touchdowns in 2007.

monosylab1k
12-28-2008, 07:09 PM
this article is bullshit. everything I've seen says he's definitely on track to play in 09.

SpursFanFirst
12-28-2008, 09:02 PM
I'm no fan of his, but it would suck if he's out again.

Time will tell.

J.T.
12-28-2008, 09:27 PM
Yeah in the interest of a better game when the Pats come to Indy next season, I hope Brady is back. Colts vs Pats isn't nearly as exciting without Brady. If Brady is still out by then, I vote we let Peyton play a series and then play Sorgi. Jim looked good today against the Titans scout team. (Conversely, Vince Young looked like ass. :lmao)

SpursFanFirst
12-28-2008, 09:29 PM
Yeah in the interest of a better game when the Pats come to Indy next season, I hope Brady is back. Colts vs Pats isn't nearly as exciting without Brady. If Brady is still out by then, I vote we let Peyton play a series and then play Sorgi. Jim looked good today against the Titans scout team. (Conversely, Vince Young looked like ass. :lmao)

I was driving back to Indy today and missed the game.
I understand the Colts played well in all areas.

That's good to hear. Hopefully they'll have a nice momentum heading into the playoffs.

SpursFanFirst
12-29-2008, 11:42 AM
Just another version of the story.

Report: Brady behind in schedule for return
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3796019

New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady has fallen behind in his recovery efforts from knee surgery and could risk missing next season if another operation is needed, NBCSports.com has reported.

Brady, who underwent surgery Oct. 6 after tearing the ACL and MCL ligaments in his left knee in the first quarter of the team's first game of the season, had subsequent operations on the knee after it became infected.

That infection resulted in a buildup of scar tissue, which may require surgery on the knee, the Web site reported, citing an anonymous NFL source.

The scar tissue also has affected Brady's ability to begin fully rehabilitating his leg, the report said, and the repaired ligaments remain loose. Another surgery also could be needed for that condition, the Web site reported.

The Boston Globe cited league sources and sources close to Brady that dismissed the report. According to the newspaper, the infection appears to have cleared and Brady's rehab is progressing as expected.

Backup quarterback Matt Cassel replaced Brady as the starter and has helped lead the Patriots to an 11-win season, but New England fell short of the playoffs when Miami beat the Jets on Sunday to win the AFC East.

IronMexican
12-29-2008, 01:00 PM
The football gods must still be pissed.

Fabbs
12-29-2008, 01:59 PM
monoslob could it be true?

Oh my, for 2009 can you get a Tuck Rule, more hidden cameras?

More Midol for sure.:lol

DBryant88
12-29-2008, 07:22 PM
this article is bullshit. everything I've seen says he's definitely on track to play in 09.

ah ah somones in denial

DBryant88
12-29-2008, 07:24 PM
i sure Kevin O'donnell will do a nice job cause their aint no way cassel sticks around:lmao