PDA

View Full Version : DeAndre Jordan instead of G. Hill, oh i wish!

Austin_Toros
12-28-2008, 05:22 PM
sometimes i wonder why the spurs didnt draft DeAndre Jordan. just think about it- he plays the C (what we need), has potential be a great defender (what Pop would love!) and has a body suited to the NBA.
he has a high potential to be a bust, but he may have been worth a gamble. a lot of people are saying we need a another big on the roster, and drafting DeAndre would have filled that void for the next decade!

now i love george hill and im NOT saying he wasnt worth it, but im suggesting that DeAndre may have been slightly better/just as good a fit. and remember that good big men are hard to come across!

put it this way, drafting Jordan would mean that we get a young centre who would be with the club for ages, but we drafted a player who has to be a BACKUP to TP.

thats just what i think anyway. what do you think?

Bartleby
12-28-2008, 05:25 PM
Jacque Vaughn as the backup PG. Think about it.

Ocotillo
12-28-2008, 05:37 PM
I think finding a solid back up to Tony Parker with the 26th pick in the draft is doing fine. It was a need as is center.

I would love to have Jordan in the pipeline in case he turns into something but the premise is basically, if Jordan develops into an NBA player, he would have been a great pick. If someone from the second round turns out to be a better player than George Hill I for one won't whine about it as long as hill is a contributing rotation player.

T Park
12-28-2008, 05:38 PM
I think Spursreport needs to start taking back its members.

whottt
12-28-2008, 05:42 PM
I think George Hill is pretty obviously going to be much more than merely Tony Parker's backup...

Have you actually watched him play?

Doug Collins
12-28-2008, 05:43 PM
Dumbest thread ever.

We could definitely use Jordan's awe inspiring 1.6pt 2.4 reb. averages over anything Hill has given us this year. Did you even watch Jordan play in college? All he can do is dunk and snarl.

timvp
12-28-2008, 06:36 PM
By the time Jordan is ready to help a championship contending team, Duncan and Ginobili will be retired.

Kori Ellis
12-28-2008, 06:37 PM

I think it's odd that you think everyone is from Spursreport.

T Park
12-28-2008, 06:39 PM
I think it's odd that you think everyone is from Spursreport.

I think everyone around here lately that have been posting these retarded comments, threads, and trade ideas, smell of a Spursreport is down for a while and their bored members are over here.

Kori Ellis
12-28-2008, 06:41 PM
I think everyone around here lately that have been posting these retarded comments, threads, and trade ideas, smell of a Spursreport is down for a while and their bored members are over here.

Spursreport isn't down. Anyway, you don't need to tell every poster that is relatively new (or says something dumb) to go back there. I just read you saying it in three straight threads. :lol

T Park
12-28-2008, 06:42 PM
Spursreport isn't down. Anyway, you don't need to tell every poster that is relatively new (or says something dumb) to go back there. I just read you saying it in three straight threads. :lol

Were being overrun by sr like postings. No other way to explain it.

m33p0
12-28-2008, 07:24 PM
without George Hill, what would be the Spurs' record be with Manu and Tony out on injury? think about it.

ClingingMars
12-28-2008, 07:24 PM
Jacque Vaughn as the backup PG. Think about it.

Shastafarian
12-28-2008, 08:02 PM
Were being overrun by sr like postings. No other way to explain it.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113000

And any thread started by sequspur.

SR doesn't have a monopoly on idiots. It might have a monopoly on big fat people who want to have sex with Luis Scola...but that's a different story.

Austin_Toros
12-28-2008, 08:03 PM
Dumbest thread ever.

We could definitely use Jordan's awe inspiring 1.6pt 2.4 reb. averages over anything Hill has given us this year. All he can do is dunk and snarl.

he averages 7.4 minutes per game!! 1.6pts and 2.4rebs is actually not so bad when you consider his court time. idiot.
besides, spurs could use a player that can actually dunk :ihit

I think (wrongly) that everyone around here lately that have been posting these retarded comments, threads, and trade ideas, smell of a Spursreport is down for a while and their bored members are over here.

T Park is another san anotonio patriot. as soon as someone suggests the slightest thing that he doesn't like he will start talking out of his arse.
:bang

T Park
12-28-2008, 08:04 PM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113000

And any thread started by sequspur.

SR doesn't have a monopoly on idiots. It might have a monopoly on big fat people who want to have sex with Luis Scola...but that's a different story.

Yuck...

Sequ is good people, just gotta get to know him.

T Park
12-28-2008, 08:05 PM
T Park is another san anotonio patriot. as soon as someone suggests the slightest thing that he doesn't like he will start talking out of his arse.

what exactly is a san anotonio patriot?

Your thread is full of fail and terrible.

Not my fault.

Shastafarian
12-28-2008, 08:09 PM
Yuck...

Sequ is good people, just gotta get to know him.

Maybe but it doesn't change the fact that he starts stupid threads.

T Park
12-28-2008, 08:10 PM
Maybe but it doesn't change the fact that he starts stupid threads.

Point taken :lol

Bruno
12-28-2008, 08:35 PM
If Spurs want that kind of player, they can simply wait this summer and sign Saer Sene, who will be an UFA, to a cheap contract.

T Park
12-28-2008, 08:44 PM
If Spurs want that kind of player, they can simply wait this summer and sign Saer Sene, who will be an UFA, to a cheap contract.

Ick...

superbigtime
12-28-2008, 09:09 PM
I don't think anyone can logically complain about or second guess the selection of George Hill at this point.

K-State Spur
12-28-2008, 09:27 PM
sometimes i wonder why the spurs didnt draft DeAndre Jordan. just think about it- he plays the C (what we need), has potential be a great defender (what Pop would love!) and has a body suited to the NBA.
he has a high potential to be a bust, but he may have been worth a gamble. a lot of people are saying we need a another big on the roster, and drafting DeAndre would have filled that void for the next decade!

now i love george hill and im NOT saying he wasnt worth it, but im suggesting that DeAndre may have been slightly better/just as good a fit. and remember that good big men are hard to come across!

put it this way, drafting Jordan would mean that we get a young centre who would be with the club for ages, but we drafted a player who has to be a BACKUP to TP.

thats just what i think anyway. what do you think?

exactly what part of jordan's 1.6 ppg are wowing you at the moment?

it's easy to be bearish on Hill when he's going through one of the valleys, but Jordan hasn't even seen a peak yet. he's all athlete and no player yet...and won't be for quite some time.

50 cent
12-28-2008, 09:27 PM
As an Aggie who watched Jordan closely while he was at A&M, the original post is just stupid.

Austin_Toros
12-28-2008, 09:40 PM
i dont think people understand what im getting at. im NOT saying DeAndre is better than Hill. all im saying is that if Jordan turns out to be a quility defender if the spurs had drafted him, he would have been great.
this is just a threat suggesting/pondering the notion of what could have been if we drafted Jordan.

saer sene :lmao

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-28-2008, 10:46 PM
If the Spurs really want DeAndre Jordan, I think Donald Sterling would trade the guy for cash considerations and a lifetime subscription to "Big-Uns"

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-28-2008, 10:46 PM

You can't laugh at Saer Sene after you started a thread about how good DeAndre Jordan is.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-28-2008, 10:50 PM
Theres a guy down in Orlando....Oh whats his name......Howard....you may have heard of him, what does he do???? DUNK AND SNARL!

Jordan is a project, but his skill set is very rare! He would not have likely helped the Spurs this year but in 2-3 years he could have been a very good center, I think the fact we have Ian and Tiago in the pipeline kinda discouraged that pick, but had hill been gone I think Jordan was the pick.

:lmao @ comparing DeAndre Jordan to Dwight Howard.

Thompson
12-28-2008, 10:55 PM
As an Aggie who watched Jordan closely while he was at A&M, the original post is just stupid.

Ditto. I couldn't figure out why he was rated a 5 star recruit coming into A&M, unless it was completely on 'upside' which I couldn't see (though I'm no expert, really). Aside from one putback dunk on a missed free throw, I never really saw anything impressive from Jordan. Hill is much better. He'll learn to fix his mistakes, something Jordan didn't seem overly interested in doing when he was here.

exstatic
12-28-2008, 11:03 PM
DeAndre's major problem is that he think's he's "there" already, instead of the HUGE project that he really is.

Brodels
12-28-2008, 11:07 PM
This belongs in the "Spurs should start clearing cap space for the summer of 2014" forum.

Flux451
12-28-2008, 11:12 PM

getting old

Austin_Toros
12-28-2008, 11:24 PM
You can't laugh at Saer Sene after you started a thread about how good DeAndre Jordan is.

yes i can.
from memory, mouhamed sene was a top 10 pick; jordan was a second round pick
sene is a bust; jordan is yet to prove himself
etc. etc. etc.

you cant really laugh at that. i mean, howard didnt win rookie of the year, and his rookie season didnt amaze anybody.
making comparisons between DeAndre Jordan and Howard is more than fair. theres aspects of their style/game that are similar.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-28-2008, 11:28 PM
making comparisons between DeAndre Jordan and Howard is more than fair.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-28-2008, 11:31 PM
you cant really laugh at that. i mean, howard didnt win rookie of the year, and his rookie season didnt amaze anybody.

Howard averaged 12 points 10 boards 1.7 blocks and 52% from the field his rookie year.

If someone averaging that as a 19 year old rookie doesn't amaze you, what exactly does? DeAndre's Jordan's bench warming abilities?

xellos88330
12-28-2008, 11:38 PM
George Hill is doing fine. That is all that needs to be said.

DROB4EVER
12-28-2008, 11:54 PM

Scouts have fool! He is a gifted athletic player, know what your talking about before you make a post! NJ almost took him at 10. The guy is 7 ft 250 and 19 years old...runs and jumps like Howard.

DROB4EVER
12-28-2008, 11:56 PM
Howard averaged 12 points 10 boards 1.7 blocks and 52% from the field his rookie year.

If someone averaging that as a 19 year old rookie doesn't amaze you, what exactly does? DeAndre's Jordan's bench warming abilities?

DH played from day one, the Clips are gonna go slow with Jordan, and I dont recall the Magic having a very good front line when he was a rook.......The clips have Kaman, Camby and Randolph......He has time. However I dont think he could have been picked by a woarse team for him to develop on....

DROB4EVER
12-28-2008, 11:57 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Ahhhh, a suns fan! Sorry I resoponed, we all know how good a judge of talent you guys are!

Rogue
12-28-2008, 11:58 PM
Is DeAndre in relation to Michael Jordan?

DROB4EVER
12-28-2008, 11:58 PM
yes i can.
from memory, mouhamed sene was a top 10 pick; jordan was a second round pick
sene is a bust; jordan is yet to prove himself
etc. etc. etc.

making comparisons between DeAndre Jordan and Howard is more than fair. theres aspects of their style/game that are similar.

Dude dont worry about Suns fan, Hes just upset they took Fag Lopez instead of Jordan.

DROB4EVER
12-29-2008, 12:00 AM
DeAndre's major problem is that he think's he's "there" already, instead of the HUGE project that he really is.

I agree, but many young guys do, If he gets with a good coach teams will regret passing on him. His raw offense is what did him in.

MakitTakit
12-29-2008, 12:04 AM
DeAndre Jordan came to A&M like a lion and he left like a lamb. He was shooting a lights out percentage in non-conference games last season against the likes of Louisiana Pharmacy Tech and such. When it came to Big 12 competition he was like a deer in the headlights. He lost his starting job and wasn't much of a factor for a good part of last season. In early mock drafts he was a sure-fire lottery pick but as scouts got a better look at him against D1 college level talent, they quickly realized he was barely a first rounder. George Hill is the real deal. DeAndre is more like fools gold. Looks good at first, not so much later on. A very raw rookie with some physical tools but not much else is not the answer to the Spurs woes in the middle.

tp2021
12-29-2008, 03:35 AM
If the Spurs really want DeAndre Jordan, I think Donald Sterling would trade the guy for cash considerations and a lifetime subscription to "Big-Uns"

Al Bundy FTW

http://www.maikklaus.de/Fotos2/biguns.jpg

mrspurs
12-29-2008, 06:44 AM
Whos this guy again?

bobbybob0
12-29-2008, 08:52 AM
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p237/millslite/bielchuckass.gif

50 cent, you need to update your sig, I want my daily dose of bielchuckass !

Dr. Gonzo
12-29-2008, 09:48 AM
All he can do is dunk and snarl.

Dunking and snarling equals automatic championship caliber player. Didn't you read any of the James White threads?

JAMES WHITE!!

Austin_Toros
12-29-2008, 05:20 PM
Scouts have fool! He is a gifted athletic player, know what your talking about before you make a post! NJ almost took him at 10. The guy is 7 ft 250 and 19 years old...runs and jumps like Howard.

thank you!

Dunking and snarling equals automatic championship caliber player. Didn't you read any of the James White threads?

JAMES WHITE!!

ahhh, James White. now there was a player!
:lol

SpurAddict561
12-29-2008, 05:24 PM
no thanks

I like what I see from Hill

next.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-29-2008, 05:27 PM
Dude dont worry about Suns fan, Hes just upset they took Fag Lopez instead of Jordan.

I'm upset they took sideshow Lopez (he looks like sideshow bob AND he's been the sideshow to his brother his entire life) rather than just selling the pick for 3mil in cash considerations like every other pick. If they just stacked the money up next to the hoop that would make a more formidable center than Lopez.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-29-2008, 05:29 PM
DH played from day one, the Clips are gonna go slow with Jordan, and I dont recall the Magic having a very good front line when he was a rook.......The clips have Kaman, Camby and Randolph......He has time. However I dont think he could have been picked by a woarse team for him to develop on....

I'm sure all this potential the guy has is what caused him to slip past all 30 teams.

The reason Dwight Howard played is because he is good, it's that fuckin simple. If DeAndre Jordan was this good he wouldn't have been a 2nd round pick.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-29-2008, 05:32 PM

NJ almost took him at 10, why does that matter?

I apparently know what I'm talking about more than you do, seeing that all 30 NBA executives agree with me about him and took a different player when he was available. If he is so good why exactly was no team willing to use a first round pick on him and make it so they would have to offer him a guaranteed contract?

hater
12-29-2008, 06:08 PM
Ian Mahinmi was supposed to contribute

Cry Havoc
12-29-2008, 07:56 PM
i dont think people understand what im getting at. im NOT saying DeAndre is better than Hill. all im saying is that if Jordan turns out to be a quility defender if the spurs had drafted him, he would have been great.
this is just a threat suggesting/pondering the notion of what could have been if we drafted Jordan.

What the hell are you talking about?

The title of the thread says, "Jordan instead of Hill". How can you say that according to that, you are not stating that Jordan is a better player? You're comparing the two at the very start of the thread stating you wish we would have taken Jordan. Do you even pay attention to what you write?

manufor3
12-29-2008, 09:21 PM
george hill has been just fine

Austin_Toros
12-29-2008, 09:44 PM
I'm upset they took sideshow Lopez (he looks like sideshow bob AND he's been the sideshow to his brother his entire life) rather than just selling the pick for 3mil in cash considerations like every other pick.

yeah you wish you had Jordan.
get used to sideshow bobby

What the hell are you talking about?

The title of the thread says, "Jordan instead of Hill". How can you say that according to that, you are not stating that Jordan is a better player? You're comparing the two at the very start of the thread stating you wish we would have taken Jordan. Do you even pay attention to what you write?

its embarrassing how you dont understand anything :bang
this thread was not made for me to say who i thought was the better player
i like the looks of DeAndre Jordan and if we drafted him may have filled a void for many years.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-30-2008, 01:03 AM

First, don't refer to the Suns as "you" when arguing with me, it's annoying as fuck. Second, I don't wish the Suns had Jordan, I wanted Chalmers before the draft and still do.

Cry Havoc
12-30-2008, 01:29 AM

its embarrassing how you dont understand anything :bang
this thread was not made for me to say who i thought was the better player
i like the looks of DeAndre Jordan and if we drafted him may have filled a void for many years.

Yeah. He'd really help us out in the 6 minutes of playing time per game he gets.

HeyIt'sMe
12-31-2008, 12:18 AM
Howard was the concensus top recruit in one of the strongest high school classes ever and was the #1 overall pick out of high school over one of the best college bigs in years in Emeka Okafor.

Deandre Jordan is god awful and will never amount to anything in the NBA. He was a complete scrub in college and couldn't even start for a TAMU team that was thin up front.

Howard would of absolutely obliterated collegiate competition. It would of been laughable how bad he would of destroyed that level. Hell, a rail thin Kevin Durant and 6'7 tweener Michael Beasley dominate in college. What would a 6'11, 240 (out of high school) manchild have done?

HarlemHeat37
12-31-2008, 12:36 AM
LOL DeAndre Jordan? come on guys..

he can't even get on the floor for the Clippers..

Pop doesn't tolerate stupidity, and Jordan's a stupid player..