PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on our beloved Mavs earlier today

Ghazi
12-28-2008, 07:58 PM
I didn't see the game, anyone wanna fill me in?

BUt good job by our beloved Mavs for beating the Clippers 98-76. I'm all about the quality of basketball, so I'll consider +22 a good game, even against the Clippers.

We should get fat and happy on lottery teams over the next 5 games but I wuldn't be surprised if the Mavs let us down once, which vexes me.

But there was a 5 game stretch last year against really bad teams where we won every game by 19+. I thought it was relevant that we were winning by 19+, becuase it was a sign of quality offense and defense, and then came LA, Boston, and SA and one by one they beatus.

So we won't learn anything new about our beloved Mavs in the coming week or so, but they DO need to take care of business. We should be 23-12 before hte game @ pheonix.

Ghazi
12-28-2008, 08:04 PM
Lookin at box score, what the fuck? 29 from J-Ho on just 20 shots? 7 fuckin assists? actually scores some blocks and steals?

Wow, nice job today J-Ho, but I'm fairly certain this is just fool's gold and the J-Ho that pisses us all off will show up more oftehn than the stat sheet stuffer

Again, didnt see game, but his statline looks nice.

DANILO DRASKOVIC
12-28-2008, 08:11 PM
bass and barea showed up 14 and 17 points

sribb43
12-28-2008, 08:21 PM
J-Ho stepped up and carried the team to a victory bc of Dirks stupidity 2 nights earlier...J-Ho played well last season in Dirks absence due to the ankle injury. if i remembe right, he had 3 30+ point games out of 4. Props to J-Ho tonight, I wouldnt expect a line like this every night but when Dirk is back something comperable to this would be great for this team

Ghazi
12-28-2008, 08:25 PM
Oh, so now I see Dirk was suspended... and J-Ho has a good game.... Is it kinda weird that dating back to that 4 game stretch last year when Dirk was injured 4 of JHo's best 5-6 games were when Dirk was out?

Ugh, fools gold after all.

lurker
12-28-2008, 08:42 PM
Josh only showing up when Dirk is out/not playing well is nothing new. I think Josh suffers from Shawn Marion-itis and has to feel like the star in order to do anything.

Brickhouse
12-28-2008, 09:32 PM
Don't worry, good ole JHo will play like donkeyass again once he knows he's not getting the ball every possession.

I will give him credit for his assists. Maybe he's learning how to pass.

Ditty
12-28-2008, 09:49 PM
go to yall own website chockers

Findog
12-28-2008, 09:59 PM

:tu

This website is chock full of basketbally goodness.

Findog
12-28-2008, 09:59 PM
This game makes me angrier at Josh. He can play this well anytime he wants, but he chooses not to.

lurker
12-28-2008, 10:21 PM
No blocks of wood allowed on Spurstalk.

endrity
12-28-2008, 10:26 PM
This game makes me angrier at Josh. He can play this well anytime he wants, but he chooses not to.

Pretty much, this game should show that he has no physcial problems like people were saying. I really think his relationship with Dirk has deteriorated to a low point. I don't know if they can get it together, but with Josh playing like this the Mavs will become elite really quickly.

Brickhouse
12-28-2008, 10:49 PM
I wouldn't go that far. Obviously JHo is a lazy motherfucker, but when his head is on right, he can be a fringe "all-star".

That said, to put a little perspective, it was against the Clippers.

Plus I'd be content with JHo going back to slashing, hustling and defending.

Dirk and Jet have a nice chemistry going, so they need to be the 1st and 2nd options. JHo needs to accept his role as the 3rd option. He never seems to play well with them.

Donnie Nelson
12-29-2008, 04:47 PM
OMG Josh was so great yesterday! I came in my pants twice during the game! I love this team!

mavs>spurs2
12-29-2008, 06:49 PM
Like i've said before, Josh has superstar potential like we were starting to see in 06 but after recent failures and trading away his butt buddy, he's been pouting, tanking it, not really giving a fuck, whatever you want to call it. Seems that he's getting back at the organization by getting his 20ppg with the least possible effort.

Brickhouse
12-29-2008, 08:03 PM
Jho does not have superstar potential. At his best, he's maybe a little better than someone like Tayshaun Prince. That's what Mavs need. At his worst and current state, he's another Stackhouse.

endrity
12-29-2008, 08:19 PM
He's way better than Tayshaun offensively, are you kidding me! They are not even close. Tay is a better defender, but also nowhere near as good as he was during 03 and 04 when he shut down T-Mac and Kobe. Once Wade and Ginobili solved him in 05 by attacking him from the top of the key and exposing his somewhat slow feet, Tay never went back to his previous level.

LEONARD
12-29-2008, 08:20 PM

:lol

wow

Brickhouse
12-29-2008, 08:27 PM
He's way better than Tayshaun offensively, are you kidding me! They are not even close. Tay is a better defender, but also nowhere near as good as he was during 03 and 04 when he shut down T-Mac and Kobe. Once Wade and Ginobili solved him in 05 by attacking him from the top of the key and exposing his somewhat slow feet, Tay never went back to his previous level.

I'd say they are comparable impact-wise. Maybe a Shawn Marion then, though Marion was pretty damn good for awhile.
I'm not going to call someone who has rarely made big plays down the stretch or carried the team in a close game a "star"

endrity
12-29-2008, 09:00 PM
I'd say they are comparable impact-wise. Maybe a Shawn Marion then, though Marion was pretty damn good for awhile.
I'm not going to call someone who has rarely made big plays down the stretch or carried the team in a close game a "star"

True, he has always been second to Dirk in the Mavs totem pole, and when big shots came around if it wasn't Dirk it has been Terry who took them, and with good reasons I think. But I believe Josh was instrumental to our 06 run, especially against the Spurs, where he did make a couple of big baskets in games 3 and 7 I think. Also, he was the best player against the Warriors. So while he still is nowhere near the level a true star that carries a team, he still has the abilities to be one of the best supporting "stars" in the league. Really the guy has a complete game, it's just that he has become as lazy as it gets, and doesn't really use it.