PDA

View Full Version : How many pts will Francis score in his debut with Memphis

Indazone
12-29-2008, 12:15 AM
MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) — Veteran guard Steve Francis is expected to make his Memphis Grizzlies debut on Tuesday against the Phoenix Suns after passing a physical.
The Grizzlies acquired Francis from the Houston Rockets on Wednesday for a 2009 second-round draft pick and cash. Memphis sent the Rockets a 2011 second-round pick that is protected through the 55th choice.
The 6-foot-3 Francis has not played this season. He was an All-Star three straight seasons (2002-04) and led the Rockets to the playoffs in 2004, where they lost to the Los Angeles Lakers in the first round.
The 31-year-old Francis has career averages of 18.1 points, 6.0 assists and 5.6 rebounds, but he hasn't played a full season since 2004-05 with Orlando.

Indazone
12-29-2008, 12:54 AM
Francis never got a fair shake. Didn't fit into the motion offense or had personality clashes with the coach. Who knows. All I know is that even when injured when he played for the Knicks, he gave it his all when he got minutes. His last four games as a Knickerbocker, he scored 22, 28,26,24 pts; 2,8,4,8 rebounds; 7,3,3,3 asts. All this with a 73% torn quadriceps tendon. Now he has had SUCCESSFUL surgery. Lets see now...still putting up pts and boards and assists in 2006-2007 season when he got minutes and playing on one leg. You're telling me that now he has two good legs, he's completely done? Shame Adleman couldn't integrate him into the offense.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/fc/pgl.cgi?player=francst01&year=2007

dirk4mvp
12-29-2008, 12:56 AM
This guy fucking sucks. The faggot should be glued to the bench. The Grizzlies are starting to mesh fine and this piece of shit can mess that up. Besides, OJ Mayo is infinitely better than him.

Indazone
12-29-2008, 01:02 AM
Every guard on the Grizzlies suck except for OJ Mayo. Franchise will get some playing time.

Artest said a couple weeks ago, "I saw him in practice and man, the old Stevie Franchise is back. It'll be hard for him to get out there with our guards playing so well."

IronMexican
12-29-2008, 01:10 AM
I vote for DNP-CD

Rogue
12-29-2008, 01:20 AM
Steve used to be a great player but no one can escape the domination of the nature.

signature: She is so beautiful, so lovely, so nice... ... she is the most beautiful people I have ever seen.
I mean the baby.

Indazone
12-30-2008, 10:51 AM
I think tonight's the night. Suns vs Grizzlies

Stevie..light em up! Prove the haters wrong.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-30-2008, 10:55 AM
He's playing the Suns, if given the minutes he could drop 30 on Dee Brown (Nash won't play)

Indazone
12-30-2008, 11:36 AM
Every guard on the Grizzlies suck except for OJ Mayo. Franchise will get some playing time.

Artest said a couple weeks ago, "I saw him in practice and man, the old Stevie Franchise is back. It'll be hard for him to get out there with our guards playing so well."

The mystery here is why Adleman keeps insisting that Alston is the starter when clearly Brooks plays better and I dare say that Francis is better too. I think the answer to that question was given last night. Adleman goes back to his starters over and over and over even when they suck.

layupdrill
12-30-2008, 01:44 PM
He will get a few buckets by default, this is the Suns defense he will be against.

jacobdrj
12-30-2008, 01:51 PM
The mystery here is why Adleman keeps insisting that Alston is the starter when clearly Brooks plays better and I dare say that Francis is better too. I think the answer to that question was given last night. Adleman goes back to his starters over and over and over even when they suck.

Because if Adleman has 1 superior quality that I have never ever disputed as him being a coach is that he is as good of an ego manager in the NBA as anyone, including Phil Jackson. He knows this is the only way to maximize Rafer and keep him under control. Better to get something out of the looser than nothing.

Were it up to me, the Rockets would have canned Rafer and they would be starting Mike James.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-30-2008, 01:58 PM

Porter has the same problem, I guess it rubbed off on him while Adelman was his coach. He almost threw the game away against the Thunder by inexplicably putting Amare back in when he had been playing horrible and Dudley was hustling his ass off. Thank god Amare finally put the team before himself by fouling out and making sure the coach couldn't play him.

Indazone
12-30-2008, 05:05 PM
There was another trade rumor of Luther Head and Joey Dorsey to the Grizzlies for Hakim Warrick. Damn! Why coudln't it have been this instead of us just giving Franchise away. Could have had Franchise, Warrick, and Mutumbo. Guess Daryl Morey cannot pull a rabbit out of his hat every time.

By the way, there have been Chinese reports about Francis dunking the ball like old times at the Rockets practice facility.

Kill_Bill_Pana
12-30-2008, 05:22 PM

Alston have pictures on Rockets owner. This is obvious. No matter how horrible he plays both van Gundy and Adelman will not bench him and GM Morey keeps saying he is a great player.:rolleyes

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-30-2008, 05:34 PM
By the way, there have been Chinese reports about Francis dunking the ball like old times at the Rockets practice facility.

I guess this means he's going to make the all star game this year.

Indazone
12-30-2008, 05:37 PM
I guess this means he's going to make the all star game this year.

:lol

Franchise is in a contract year. I expect him to give it his all to be able to get the best contract he can get in the 2009 offseason.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-30-2008, 05:51 PM
:lol

Franchise is in a contract year. I expect him to give it his all to be able to get the best contract he can get in the 2009 offseason.

I wonder who signs him, maybe LA lol. The Franchise and Kobe starting together.

Indazone
12-30-2008, 10:29 PM
Doesn't look like he's getting into the game. Guess Ivaroni wants to see what he's got in practice first.