PDA

View Full Version : Jai Lucas transferring to Texas

j-6
12-29-2008, 10:30 AM
HOUSTON -- Jai Lucas, the former Florida guard who left the Gators last month, says he will transfer to Texas.

Lucas started all 36 games as a freshman at Florida but decided after one exhibition game before this season that he would leave. He told Houston television station KRIV on Sunday that he chose the Longhorns over Rice and Baylor.

"Texas has always been my dream school. I always wanted to go there," he said. "I hope I can come in and contribute and be a part of something big."

Lucas said Texas coach Rick Barnes was a key to his decision.

"I like his coaching style and the way he develops point guards," Lucas said. "It's hard to say no to that."

At Florida, Lucas averaged 8.5 points, led the Gators in 3-point shooting and was named to the SEC all-freshman team. Gators coach Billy Donovan said last month that Lucas wanted to play the point, a spot Nick Calathes has secured. Instead, Lucas was relegated mostly to shooting guard.

Lucas will have to sit out a season before becoming eligible to play.

================================================== =

Not mentioned in the article, but this is John Lucas' kid. His brother John III played at Okie State and Baylor.

florige
12-29-2008, 11:06 AM
That kid is so stuck on himeself it isn't funny.

GOUTSA
12-29-2008, 12:46 PM
Damn, i thought it was going to say texas-san antonio

bleedorange&blue
12-29-2008, 06:52 PM
Damn, i thought it was going to say texas-san antonio

That would've been awesome........:lol:lol:lol

All conference, Player of the year & All-American honors had he landed with brooks.....:lol:lol

Yeah, don't know about his work ethic or drive. I read something about Jai being informed that he wouldn't be the starter & he was also going to have to battle another incoming fish and he thought it was best to bolt. I mean, he started last year didn't he??

lebomb
12-29-2008, 07:28 PM
Oh well........................ Good luck to him.