PDA

View Full Version : Changes you would make to Cowboys

2centsworth
12-29-2008, 10:57 AM
1. Blow-up the receiving corp. TO needs to go because he's only a good teammate when things are good. Good teammates are needed when the going gets tough. Roy Williams was never able to run routes at Texas and he still can't do it in the NFL. He's a great athlete with great hands, but dude needs to humble himself and learn to run routes. Crayton is ok. Rebuild with team players.

2. Pacman experiment is done. Cowboys don't need any distractions. Scandrick is a jewel.

3. Promote Jason Witten to team Captain.

4. Add to the offensive line.

5. Trade Barber while he still has value. Two youngs guys can get it done, but add another young guy just in case.

monosylab1k
12-29-2008, 10:59 AM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113098

leemajors
12-29-2008, 11:02 AM
crayton is not ok, he is fucking terrible.

mexicanjunior
12-30-2008, 04:03 PM
crayton is not ok, he is fucking terrible.

His hands suck but at least he knows how to run an effing route...

Dr. Gonzo
12-30-2008, 04:05 PM
What's the point of running a good route if you are just going to drop the pass?

tonylongoriafan
12-30-2008, 04:35 PM
offensive game planning is the single most thing responsible for the cowboys not making the playoffs.

leemajors
12-30-2008, 04:53 PM
offensive game planning is the single most thing responsible for the cowboys not making the playoffs.

from the boys blog on DMN:

Jerry isn't buying all the criticism that has been coming Jason Garrett's way recently. T.O. and Tony Romo ripped the scheme, but Jerry doesn't see a problem with his hand-picked play-caller's system.

"I like our scheme," Jerry said. "I like what we're trying to do. We know where we're going with it, and our players do, too."

As T.O. and Romo pointed out, so do the opposing defenses. And it seems obvious to everybody other than Jerry that Wade's transformation to tough guy will be about as effective as the Cowboys' offense in December.

at this point, i'm kinda hoping garrett takes the Detroit job he's interviewing for. But who knows then, JJ may hire Smartz.

samikeyp
12-30-2008, 05:04 PM

Or lack there of.

It starts with the coaches. The players aren't blameless but they are not the only reasons for failure.

tonylongoriafan
12-30-2008, 05:09 PM
at this point, i'm kinda hoping garrett takes the Detroit job he's interviewing for. But who knows then, JJ may hire Smartz.

can u believe the Cowboys paid this guy a premium to stay with Dallas instead of taking a job last year...how slippery the slope is!!!!

Warlord23
12-30-2008, 05:15 PM
Good ol' Jerry Jones. I was beginning to worry that Dallas might lose some of their comedy quotient if/when they make coaching changes. But evidently Jerry, like a lot of gleeful NFL fans, likes the "entertainment" value of the Cowgirls.

mexicanjunior
12-30-2008, 05:46 PM
What's the point of running a good route if you are just going to drop the pass?

At least Crayton is there to drop it...Williams running a bad route usually equates to an interception...

Udokafan05
12-30-2008, 09:16 PM
Pay Cowher whatever he wants, and Jones give up his GM role. Also go and get ray lewis and brian dawkins in free agency.

jack sommerset
12-30-2008, 09:35 PM
Bring Terry Glenn back

Dr. Gonzo
12-30-2008, 11:53 PM
Pay Cowher whatever he wants, and Jones give up his GM role. Also go and get ray lewis and brian dawkins in free agency.

That is not happening.

mexicanjunior
12-31-2008, 12:12 AM
Bring in Shanahan...

florige
12-31-2008, 09:01 AM

:nope

mrspurs
12-31-2008, 04:20 PM
Get a QB. Romo isnt taking this team anywhere. Both his arm and mind are to weak.

debo
12-31-2008, 04:52 PM
Have Romo play the first half of the season, and someone else be QB the other half of the season. It's quite simple.

DBryant88
01-01-2009, 12:59 PM
I say make
aikman QB
Smith RB
Irvin WR
And give Jimmy Johnson a call and make him Coach/Gm

but thats wishful thinking isn't it:depressed

samikeyp
01-01-2009, 10:52 PM

I would rather have Ed Reed...that way we could really make Flo angry!

:lol

leemajors
01-02-2009, 11:09 AM
Like the Lions, the Broncos are interested in talking to Jason Garrett about their head coaching vacancy, the Denver Post reports.

from the boys blog, make it happen! I can't believe two teams want him