PDA

View Full Version : Rose Ready To Go.

SequSpur
02-26-2005, 03:37 PM
In The Paint Inside Practice
Rose and Taylor Ready to Go
by Tom Kertes

GREENBURGH, NY, February 26, 2005 -- “You walk down the corridor here, you see all those pictures, all that history,” an awed Maurice Taylor pondered, leaning against the wall at the Madison Square Garden Training Center in Greenburgh, NY. “The Knicks are one of those classic teams, like the Celtics or the Lakers. So playing in New York, it’s a little daunting. But I’m prepared.”
When Malik Rose was asked what it feels like to wear a Knick uniform, he just grabbed the front of his shirt and smiled. “It fits,” he said. “As long as it fits, everything’s all right.”

The bigger question, of course, is how will new Knicks Taylor and Rose -- both power forwards on a team already rich in power forwards -- fit? “There’s no log jam,” confident coach Herb Williams said. “Not at all. All these guys are versatile and bring different things to the table. Malik can play the ‘three’ or “four’; Kurt(Thomas) the ‘four’ and the ‘five’. Tim (Thomas) the ‘three and the ‘four’ and so on. Malik is a real tough guy who defends people hard. Mo is one of the better scorers in the league, inside and out. In addition, Malik was a very big part of two championship teams. Any time you get a guy who played big minutes in big situations and was a winner, it’s a plus.”

Will Rose impart some of that championship experience? “To people who ask,” he smiled. “I’ve got two ears and just one mouth so, especially at first while I’m adjusting, I’ll listen twice as much as I’m planning to talk. But if anybody wants to know anything all they need to do is ask -- people are aware that I’m a real personable guy. Still, I’d rather lead by example, by doing things the right way -- and hope the young guts will catch on.” :blah

Both players expect to contribute in a major way -- and right away, starting with tonight’s game against the Pacers. “In Houston, under Jeff Van Gundy, we ran practically the same system,” Taylor said. “So it’s basically the same stuff under different names. It’s an easy transition.” “Basketball is basketball,” a smiling Rose shrugged his considerable shoulders. “Just give me the ball.” :rolleyes

“I’ll do whatever the team asks me to do,” said Taylor. “Play in the low post? They’ve talked to me about that. Sure, Kurt is a great knockdown shooter and Malik’s a hardnosed rebounder. So I’ll have to mix it up a little bit. Play high – and low. Add something different to the equation.”

Taylor’s “D” has been questioned but he feels that “over the past two years I’ve become a much better defensive player because of Jeff Van Gundy. There was a lot of individual instruction. And we played help defense just like the Knicks do here. Jeff’s motto was ‘help like you want to be helped.’”

Rose, for one, feels that Taylor can score, and play, with the best of them. “Mo was doing 20 and 10 for the Clippers practically every night,” he said. “Then he suffered some injuries. So we know that he has the talent -- now if he can get back to that form….”

“It’s nice to be somewhere where you are wanted,” :cry added Rose. “I am the kind of person who prefers to look to the present and the future. The Knicks have a lot of guys who can play. Now if we also play with what’s inside our shirts -- and inside our heads – things can go our way.”

“The Knicks are, what, four and a half or five games out right now?” wondered Taylor. “In the Western Conference, that’s death. In the East, you’ve still got a big chance.”

“So the playoffs are an achievable goal for us. And that is exactly what we are going to be striving for.”

“Sure, I’ve won two championships in San Antonio -- but that’s in the past,” said Rose. “I anticipate winning a championship right here in the New York. That’s in the future. Now it’s our job to make sure it’s in the NEAR future.” :lol

timvp
02-26-2005, 03:40 PM
Go get 'em, Malik.

DuncanMVP
02-26-2005, 03:40 PM
“Sure, I’ve won two championships in San Antonio -- but that’s in the past,” said Rose. “I anticipate winning a championship right here in the New York. That’s in the future. Now it’s our job to make sure it’s in the NEAR future.”

LALLAMOAMALOALMAOAMLAOALMAOL

RobinsontoDuncan
02-26-2005, 04:03 PM
yeah i think he is either saying the right things just to say them or he is in denial because everyone knows new york aint wining a championship anytime soon.

RobinsontoDuncan
02-26-2005, 04:04 PM
except for Whottt who thinks Isiah has a plan.

ShoogarBear
02-26-2005, 04:56 PM
It will be interesting to see how the dynamics play out. Rose has a good chance to be the team leader in NY, given his experience, rings, and the fact that Starbury doesn't give a shit about anybody but Starbury.

whottt
02-26-2005, 05:18 PM
except for Whottt who thinks Isiah has a plan.

Isiah does have a plan...whether or not it's a good one remains to be seen.

whottt
02-26-2005, 05:19 PM
It will be interesting to see how the dynamics play out. Rose has a good chance to be the team leader in NY, given his experience, rings, and the fact that Starbury doesn't give a shit about anybody but Starbury.

I think you are wrong on this...I think Starbury just doesn't like guys who don't play as hard as he does....although I will agree that he doesn't give a shit about their shots.

whottt
02-26-2005, 05:21 PM
Anyone that thinks Malik is just saying the right things hasn't been paying attention for the last 8 years...he believes what he is saying, he belives he can make the difference...if he didn't believe it he wouldn't play as hard as he does.

Malik is never going to sit there and say it's ok to lose...

Some guys happily take pre game naps on shit teams and just punch the clock...

Other guys are too dumb to realize when they have no shot at winning a title or a game and are beaten, to realize common sense dictates they should just lie down and quit...and so they never give up trying....and their team is better beacause of it...

Guess which one Malik is...

ducks
02-26-2005, 05:32 PM
I am with whoott
the only way knicks get better is with picks
he has 4 picks
whether it will work is yet to be seen
he either has to trade the picks or play the picks and get them to count
he can sweeten the pot on some of those bad contracts and send them bye bye and get under the cap and kick as

davi78239
02-26-2005, 06:17 PM
coming up on woai news on the sports in a couple of minutes.

ducks
02-26-2005, 06:20 PM
how does he know he was wanted
spurs tried before to give him to knicks and knicks said no
had to give them 2 draft picks
do they want him or the picks more?

dcole50
02-26-2005, 06:20 PM
i like malik but i'm really shocked at how many people seem to have an emotional connection with the guy. if he had played better he'd still be here. so, i'm glad he's where he's "wanted."

Experiment2100
02-26-2005, 06:33 PM
I hope he really succeeds in NY

whottt
02-26-2005, 06:35 PM
Played better?

When he was given time he played well.

Malik could have made a difference against LA in the playoffs last year.

I can't speak for anyone else but part of my emotional attatchment to Malik comes from him being our main big off the bench the last time we won an NBA title...

Go back and watch that Dallas series where Malik ruled fucking ass.

He had those bigs for Dallas so pissed off I thought they were going to take a crap right out there on the court...

He had LaFrentz throwing double elbows at is ass...he had Bradley and Najera on the verge of picking up T's...he made the entire frontline of the Mavs his shank ass bitch. Drob was not a factor in that series...Malik was a major fucking factor.

He got knocked unconcious fighting for a rebound...had guys stepping on him...came back the next game and ruled ass even more.

Malik Rose was fucking tough and his toughness helped this team. Don't even try and tell me Mohammed is going to be as tough as Malik.

mattyc
02-26-2005, 08:32 PM
Good PR talk to combat the MSG crowd. ;)

Mr. Body
02-26-2005, 08:47 PM
Rose's energy will help the Knicks, if they continue to feed off it. It'll help him being there, too. He'll get much more time.

Das Texan
02-26-2005, 10:25 PM
kick some ass malik.

SequSpur
02-27-2005, 01:45 AM
Rasho is the one that should've been traded. I mean what the fuck, is he wearing knee pads behind Pop's desk?

This guy is a piece of fucking shit. Period.

His no balls, sorry ass, head up his ass, cunt is the sole reason that Malik is gone. I mean I am happy that we got a center, but his ass should be waived immediately.

GoldToe
02-27-2005, 09:12 AM
Just goes to show how much of a team mentality Rose has.