PDA

View Full Version : Wizards 89, Rockets 87

SpursDynasty
12-29-2008, 10:56 PM
Good job Washington for going out there and taking care of business tonight. As in the Orlando/Detroit game, no big surprises in this one. Houston is pretty much on the decline and they are not expected to do much this season. Many people are talking about Houston being the only team that can challenge L.A. in the West. How can challenge L.A. if they can't even beat the Washington Wizards? This is a Washington team that has the worst record in the East and 4th worst in the league at 5-23. Shouldn't a "contender" team like Houston be able to just go out and win? I guess not.

I'd say Washington was expected to win this one...Houston is very soft. Again, nothing personal against Houston but they are mostly a BS team that gets a few lucky shots here and there and some fake wins.

Chieflion
12-29-2008, 10:57 PM
I knew it. Ok, this one is valid.

Kobe™
12-29-2008, 10:57 PM
Rofl
Lakers & San Antonio=only elite Western Conference teams.

LEONARD
12-29-2008, 10:58 PM
Good job Washington for going out there and taking care of business tonight. As in the Orlando/Detroit game, no big surprises in this one. Houston is pretty much on the decline and they are not expected to do much this season. Many people are talking about Houston being the only team that can challenge L.A. in the West. How can challenge L.A. if they can't even beat the Washington Wizards? This is a Washington team that has the worst record in the East and 4th worst in the league at 5-23. Shouldn't a "contender" team like Houston be able to just go out and win? I guess not.

I'd say Washington was expected to win this one...Houston is very soft. Again, nothing personal against Houston but they are mostly a BS team that gets a few lucky shots here and there and some fake wins.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/187/399378038_ed2986e3e5.jpg

Armando
12-29-2008, 10:58 PM
I knew it. Ok, this one is valid.

:lol

LEONARD
12-29-2008, 10:59 PM
How can the Spurs be elite after squeaking by Memphis at home in double OT?

They're eliminated from the SD douche-bag bracket too...

Reck
12-29-2008, 11:00 PM
Houston is damn soft.

How can anyone expect them to put up a fight against L.A?

Indazone
12-29-2008, 11:01 PM
the trade I want to see is Adelman for Thibodeaux

timtonymanu
Chieflion called it. lol.

endrity
Rox have real problems, they have no continuity with their roster and therefore no continuity and cohesion in their game. I wonder if they would be better of if they simply shut down TMac for a while, and hopefully he heals fully, though with him there is always something hurt.

Chieflion
12-29-2008, 11:02 PM

If that is the case, Celtics are not elite too. They lost to the Warriors.
Are you kidding me? Hey it is the Warriors. They have like lottery picks and undrafted rookies. How could the Celtics lose to them? It is unacceptable. They are pretenders.

On a sidenote, these threads are entertaining.

Many PackYao
I bet SD damned near killed himself to rush over to his computer and start this thread.:lol

m33p0
somebody needs to explain this. this isn't a second of a b2b... they had their full compliment of players... they're playing the wiz... they only needed to control jamison... there is no excuse.

Roxsfan
12-29-2008, 11:03 PM
This was a disgraceful loss. The Rox deserved to lose for allowing the game to come down to one last shot to force overtime.

Spursdynasty--you are still a fucking idiot and a supreme asshole.
For someone who dismisses the rockets every chance you get, you sure seem insecure. If the rox are really a fake team--wouldn't it be self evident? Yet you have to make a thread and a comment about the rox every time they lose. Rox aren't the first good team to lose to a highschool team.

Indazone
12-29-2008, 11:04 PM
The problem is our shooting percentage for our starting 5. T-Mac, Alston, Artest, Yao, and Battier. Substitute out T-Mac for Landry or Scola and put Brooks in for PG and now we are talking.

The weakest link is Alston and T-Mac right now.

Chieflion
somebody needs to explain this. this isn't a second of a b2b... they had their full compliment of players... they're playing the wiz... they only needed to control jamison... there is no excuse.

One reason, Wizards are a good team. Jamison is the Rockets' weakness.

LEONARD
If that is the case, Celtics are not elite too. They lost to the Warriors.
Are you kidding me? Hey it is the Warriors. They have like lottery picks and undrafted rookies. How could the Celtics lose to them? It is unacceptable. They are pretenders.

On a sidenote, these threads are entertaining.

You're right...

No teams will even make the playoffs and the league will fold...

The Franchise
12-29-2008, 11:06 PM

This is definitely what we looked like tonight. We looked like a team that never set foot on a court together before. This was an embarrassing lack of focus to say the least. Fuck every last Rocket tonight. :ihit

m33p0
12-29-2008, 11:07 PM
You're right...

No teams will even make the playoffs and the league will fold...
somebody will make the playoffs... even if the league's best record is like... 1-81.

SpursDynasty
12-29-2008, 11:09 PM

Games are 48 minutes and 5 minute overtimes if needed. Once those are completed, whomever has more points, whether its by 1 point or 20 points, wins the game. The Spurs won that game in double overtime. In basketball there is plenty of room for error.

But this thread isn't about the Spurs. It's about Houston losing tonight and Washington winning.

LEONARD
12-29-2008, 11:10 PM
Games are 48 minutes and 5 minute overtimes if needed. Once those are completed, whomever has more points, whether its by 1 point or 20 points, wins the game. The Spurs won that game in double overtime. In basketball there is plenty of room for error.

But this thread isn't about the Spurs. It's about Houston losing tonight and Washington winning.

Lp26
12-29-2008, 11:10 PM
WAS almost beat the Cavs on the road, and would have had the refs not stepped in. Don't feel too bad. They can be good when they try.

Chieflion
12-29-2008, 11:13 PM
The NBA "Where shit happens."

Armando
12-29-2008, 11:13 PM
WAS almost beat the Cavs on the road, and would have had the refs not stepped in. Don't feel too bad. They can be good when they try.

Yeah that game in Cleveland was just garbage

Thunder Dan
12-29-2008, 11:21 PM
Washington just beat a team they were expected to beat. Last place in the east is elite in the west this year

Reck
12-29-2008, 11:22 PM
Washington just beat a team they were expected to beat. Last place in the east is elite in the west this year

:nope

SpursDynasty
12-29-2008, 11:22 PM
There is a lot of Rocket bashing in this thread. We probably shouldn't be bashing the Rockets, at 20-12 they are way ahead and overachieving past the 14-18 record they should probably have right now. They suck, but that goes without saying and we don't need to bash Houston anymore. They are just playing about as bad as should be expected.

Warlord23
12-29-2008, 11:27 PM
There is a lot of Rocket bashing in this thread. We probably shouldn't be bashing the Rockets, at 20-12 they are way ahead and overachieving past the 14-18 record they should probably have right now. They suck, but that goes without saying and we don't need to bash Houston anymore. They are just playing about as bad as should be expected.

:lol This shit, although repetitive, never fails to amuse

Roxsfan
12-29-2008, 11:28 PM

2,588 bullshit posts. Con fucking grats:sleep

Chieflion
12-29-2008, 11:28 PM
Though funny, it is quite true. Not that I hate the Rockets, they have been sucking recently.

endrity
12-30-2008, 12:26 AM
SD, a true legend of SpursTalk!

SmellyFeet
12-30-2008, 12:29 AM
Almost+5 bucks = cup of coffee at starbucks.

Trainwreck2100
12-30-2008, 12:30 AM
Washington named after general washington and houston is named after General Houston General Washington>General Houston

Lp26
12-30-2008, 02:19 AM
Yeah that game in Cleveland was just garbage

It was. i'm not watching any games with Lebron/KG playing in them anymore. Save myself the aggravation. Although, Jamison gives a great death stare. His face was hilarious looking at the ref while walking to the bench.

LEONARD
12-30-2008, 12:43 PM
2,588 bullshit posts. Con fucking grats:sleep

More actually, he's on his 3rd username...

Indazone
12-30-2008, 01:22 PM
Adleman's decisions are mindboggling. We had outscored them like 26-11 or something ridiculous like that with a lineup of Scola, Landry, Brooks, Barry, and Artest. Why change back to your clearly sucking starters when it's these other guys who brought you back from 10 pts down to a 5 pt lead??? Yeah, lets put the starters back in and spot them more pts arghhh.