PDA

View Full Version : The Obama Presidency

SnakeBoy
12-30-2008, 01:56 AM
Too bad the pres has to take the blame for everything. I was hoping he would do well.

w_r-ASDViF8

Winehole23
12-30-2008, 03:47 AM
You gave up before the inauguration. :rollin

SnakeBoy
12-30-2008, 04:14 PM
Well since I'm a conservative I wouldn't exactly call it giving up. Did you watch the video? What's going to happen is going to happen. Thankfully conservatives won't be taking the blame. I'm actually looking forward to it, should work out well for me personally.

Rohirrim
12-30-2008, 04:15 PM
By now, it is obvious the government is not looking nor willing to take care of the problems. Easy way outs, bandaids, and non-lessons learned are all that is ahead.

The older much wiser generations are thinning out of this country and we have no one to blame but ourselves for our weakened state and loss of dominance.

It's just part of the cycle. Unfortunately for current <25 yr olds they caught the wrong end of it.

There are so many un-needed gears in this machine you cannot system override shit anymore. You can scream all you want, those in power will not repair the machine. The operators have gradually made sure to create enough dependence on the system that Option A, B, C, & D are to all ride it until it completely breaks for good.

Every man for himself.

Supergirl
12-31-2008, 10:50 AM
Obama isn't even president yet. We'll see how he fares and what he accomplishes after his first year, at least. Jeez.

Winehole23
12-31-2008, 11:18 AM
Obama isn't even president yet. We'll see how he fares and what he accomplishes after his first year, at least. Jeez.The reasoning goes this way:

Presidents bear the onus for whatever happens on their watch, whether they had anything to do with it or not;

An even bigger wave of mortgage defaults than we've had already is on the way, i.e., the economic picture is likely to get much worse in Obama's first two years;

Therefore, Obama will be blamed for the country's economic ills, and will serve only one term.

Is it plausible? IMO yes. That does not even make it likely in my book, but speculation is gratis. We'll see.

TDMVPDPOY
12-31-2008, 12:38 PM
The reasoning goes this way:

Presidents bear the onus for whatever happens on their watch, whether they had anything to do with it or not;

An even bigger wave of mortgage defaults than we've had already is on the way, i.e., the economic picture is likely to get much worse in Obama's first two years;

Therefore, Obama will be blamed for the country's economic ills, and will serve only one term.

Is it plausible? IMO yes. That does not even make it likely in my book, but speculation is gratis. We'll see.

just wait till he cant fix the problems the previous govt did, obama will be force to take the blame and any apologies said is on him, and cant wait for the smere campaign adds the pessimists will be airing to ousts him from government.

Viva Las Espuelas
12-31-2008, 12:48 PM
if things go right: praise obama
if things go wrong: blame bush

plain and simple

this should've been in the last firmware update for everyone.

ChumpDumper
12-31-2008, 12:53 PM
The reasoning goes this way:

Is it plausible? IMO yes. That does not even make it likely in my book, but speculation is gratis. We'll see.Didn't happen to FDR, even though it probably should have for his tax policy. If Obama is seen as trying to help, that' pretty much all he needs to do. Everyone has a real idea just how bad this is already, and he's not president yet.

boutons_
12-31-2008, 01:18 PM
"conservatives won't be taking the blame."

They NEVER take the blame. They blame everybody else but themselves. Conservatives are even saying we need less financial regulation and will fight Obama's attempts, which will probably fail anyway, to keep the financial sector honest.

Winehole23
12-31-2008, 02:33 PM
Didn't happen to FDR, even though it probably should have for his tax policy. If Obama is seen as trying to help, that' pretty much all he needs to do. Everyone has a real idea just how bad this is already, and he's not president yet.Agree, but you'll never go bankrupt overestimating the short attention span of Americans or underestimating their knowledge of history.

Just look at all the undead hypotheses in this forum. They just keep on coming. You can't ever kill them enough.

ClingingMars
01-01-2009, 04:17 PM
if things go right: praise obama
if things go wrong: blame bush

plain and simple

this should've been in the last firmware update for everyone.