PDA

View Full Version : Toronto Raptors Want Vassilis Spanoulis

Kill_Bill_Pana
12-30-2008, 04:45 PM
I will let Toronto Raptors fans here know this. Vassilis Spanoulis have been contact by Raptors to come play for them as either 6th man to backup at position 1 and 2 or to be starter at SG.

Warlord23
12-30-2008, 04:49 PM
Greek player suck goat anus

monosylab1k
12-30-2008, 04:49 PM
They should just wait for Earl Boykins to be available. They'll get a better player who isn't a bear-humping Greek cheese dick.

Kill_Bill_Pana
12-30-2008, 04:50 PM
This report is true. You will see developments continue.

Kill_Bill_Pana
12-30-2008, 04:50 PM
They should just wait for Earl Boykins to be available. They'll get a better player who isn't a bear-humping Greek cheese dick.

Idiot. Only moron would think Boykins is better than Spanoulis.

monosylab1k
12-30-2008, 04:52 PM
Idiot. Only moron would think Boykins is better than Spanoulis.

Ladies and gentlemen... I've traveled over half our state to be here tonight. I couldn't get away sooner because my new well was coming in at Coyote Hills and I had to see about it. That well is now flowing at two thousand barrels and it's paying me an income of five thousand dollars a week. I have two others drilling and I have sixteen producing at Antelope. So, ladies and gentlemen... if I say I'm an oil man you will agree. You have a great chance here, but bear in mind, you can lose it all if you're not careful. Out of all men that beg for a chance to drill your lots, maybe one in twenty will be oilmen; the rest will be speculators-men trying to get between you and the oilmen-to get some of the money that ought by rights come to you. Even if you find one that has money, and means to drill, he'll maybe known nothing about drilling and he'll have to hire out the job on contract, and then you're depending on a contractor that's trying to rush the job through so he can get another contract just as quick as he can. This is the way this works.

DANILO DRASKOVIC
12-30-2008, 05:06 PM
Raptors have been getting lots of international players
Garbajosa, Ukic, Calderon, Parker, Jawai, Bargnani

how good are they again?
Currently 11th in the Eastern Conference?

lil_penny
12-30-2008, 05:15 PM
they want him for their D-league team

jason1301
12-30-2008, 05:15 PM

how good are they again?

Duncan, Ginobili, TP, Oberto, Ian, ....... how good are your spurs?!

tsssss

Kill_Bill_Pana
12-30-2008, 05:18 PM

how good are they again?

Spanoulis was told Raptors want to get rid of Joey Graham, Anthony Parker, Will Solomon, and Roko Ukic. So lots of play time available at position 1 and 2. Also they say they are very disappointed with defense of Calderon and would like to see if Spanoulis can take his place as starter at point guard. This would allow them try trade Calderon because they think maybe they would want trade him with JO.

Spanoulis was also told by Raptors GM that they will look to bring in coach that has personal connection with him soon.

Kill_Bill_Pana
12-30-2008, 05:20 PM
they want him for their D-league team

Yes Spanoulis will go from 2+ million euros net salary to $30k dollars gross salary to play in league that is far worse than even Greek League.:rolleyes

Indazone
12-30-2008, 05:34 PM
Toronto is an international team and they play a high post international style of ball. Might be a good place for him. Unless they change the coach and screw it all up and then Vspan will get Vspanned again.

Wouldn't it be funny if they signed him and then signed JVG again? :lol

Indazone
12-30-2008, 05:35 PM
Hey JVG has a personal connection with him no?

Mick Dundee
12-30-2008, 05:39 PM
V-Span sucks walrus dick.

Mr.Bottomtooth
12-30-2008, 05:40 PM
Yes Spanoulis will go from 2+ million euros net salary to $30k dollars gross salary to play in league that is far worse than even Greek League.:rolleyes

When you're on an NBA team and you are sent down to the D-League, your salary doesn't decrease to D-League level, you still receive your NBA salary.

DANILO DRASKOVIC
12-30-2008, 05:44 PM

tsssss

yup yup
2nd place in the west and a couple rings

Kill_Bill_Pana
12-30-2008, 06:11 PM
Toronto is an international team and they play a high post international style of ball. Might be a good place for him. Unless they change the coach and screw it all up and then Vspan will get Vspanned again.

Wouldn't it be funny if they signed him and then signed JVG again? :lol

They told him they want to sign one of his own coaches from Europe to be their new coach.

Kill_Bill_Pana
12-30-2008, 06:13 PM
http://www.solarnavigator.net/films_movies_actors/film_images/paul_hogan_as_michael_j_crocodile_dundee.jpg

I like these movies very much!:lol

DANILO DRASKOVIC
12-30-2008, 06:33 PM
that's not a knife, this is a knife
http://www.israellycool.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/dundee.jpg

AnotherArgie
12-30-2008, 07:16 PM
Vassilis Spanoulis have been contact by Raptors to come play for them as either 6th man to backup at position 1 and 2 or to be starter at SG.

Spanoulis was told Raptors want to get rid of Joey Graham, Anthony Parker, Will Solomon, and Roko Ukic. So lots of play time available at position 1 and 2. Also they say they are very disappointed with defense of Calderon and would like to see if Spanoulis can take his place as starter at point guard. This would allow them try trade Calderon because they think maybe they would want trade him with JO.

Spanoulis was also told by Raptors GM that they will look to bring in coach that has personal connection with him soon.

They told him they want to sign one of his own coaches from Europe to be their new coach.

:lmao

This is the most hilarious thing I've ever seen.

Kill_Bill_Pana
12-30-2008, 07:46 PM
:lmao

This is the most hilarious thing I've ever seen.

He was told this. First part is one of his coaches to be hire by Raptors.

Rohirrim
12-30-2008, 08:03 PM
Ladies and gentlemen... I've traveled over half our state to be here tonight. I couldn't get away sooner because my new well was coming in at Coyote Hills and I had to see about it. That well is now flowing at two thousand barrels and it's paying me an income of five thousand dollars a week. I have two others drilling and I have sixteen producing at Antelope. So, ladies and gentlemen... if I say I'm an oil man you will agree. You have a great chance here, but bear in mind, you can lose it all if you're not careful. Out of all men that beg for a chance to drill your lots, maybe one in twenty will be oilmen; the rest will be speculators-men trying to get between you and the oilmen-to get some of the money that ought by rights come to you. Even if you find one that has money, and means to drill, he'll maybe known nothing about drilling and he'll have to hire out the job on contract, and then you're depending on a contractor that's trying to rush the job through so he can get another contract just as quick as he can. This is the way this works.

lmffaoo.

Chieflion
12-30-2008, 08:34 PM

tsssss

Tied for 1st in the toughest division in the NBA.

DaDakota
12-30-2008, 08:35 PM
They can't sign him until next year, and if VSpan decides to come back to the NBA, I think teams will line up to sign him, including my Rockets.

DD

samikeyp
12-30-2008, 08:36 PM

tsssss

They're your Spurs too.

Kill_Bill_Pana
12-30-2008, 09:27 PM
They can't sign him until next year, and if VSpan decides to come back to the NBA, I think teams will line up to sign him, including my Rockets.

DD

Of course. With contracts in Europe players can get out of deal whenever they want. And big players like Spanoulis get the opt out clauses. But of course he would never ever leave Panathinaikos until end of the season and he still has one more year on his contract.

He intend to stay till end of his contract with Panathinaikos but if he wins Euroleague championship and gets the right offer he will try NBA again. He has been contact recently by two NBA clubs and they are Knicks and Raptors. The Raptors is something he is consider because of the issue be mention that they will try to hire a coach that knows him well.

That is very important to him because of his first experience in NBA it scares him off. But with a coach that knows him that would be a different story. The Knicks have contact him about joining them in 2010 summer to be the point guard for them after they sign LeBron.

Bob Lanier
12-30-2008, 11:42 PM
Greece hasn't produced a single good NBA player since Memo Okur.

DaDakota
12-31-2008, 01:34 AM
Greece hasn't produced a single good NBA player since Memo Okur.

Who is Turkish.

:D

DD

Kill_Bill_Pana
12-31-2008, 09:48 AM
These are all Greek players of NBA

Antonis Fotsis
Andreas Glyniadakis
Efthimios Rentzias
Vasileios Spanoulis
Jake Tsakalidis
Marko Jarić
Peja Stojaković
Dragan Tarlać
Rasho Nesterovic
Kosta Koufos
Kurt Rambis
Rony Seikaly*

These are Greek NBA players that was produced by Greek basketball schools and training programs and also Greek pro clubs

Antonis Fotsis
Andreas Glyniadakis
Efthimios Rentzias
Vasileios Spanoulis
Jake Tsakalidis
Marko Jarić
Peja Stojaković
Dragan Tarlać
Rasho Nesterovic

These are Greek players that could have made NBA if they wanted to

Panagiotis Fasoulas - was offer contract by Portland Trail Blazers but never signed.

Fanis Christodoulou - was offer contract by Atlanta Hawks but never signed.

Nikos Galis - was offer NBA contracts several times but never wanted to leave Greece. He made Boston Celtics team as rookie but got severe knee injury and left to go to Greece.

Panagiotis Giannakis - was offer NBA contracts several times but never wanted to leave Greece.

Dimitris Diamantidis - has been offer NBA contracts by 5 teams but has not gone to NBA so far.

Theo Papaloukas - has been offer NBA contracts by 12 teams but has not gone to NBA so far.

These are possible future Greek NBA players

Ioannis Bourousis - has been contact by 10 NBA teams to play for them next year.

Pat Calathes - say he will probably play in NBA in next few years.

Nick Calathes - is projected as first round NBA draft pick.

These are Greek NBA draft picks maybe will play in NBA one day?

Giorgos Printezis - Raptors draft pick

Sofoklis Schortsanitis - Clippers draft pick

Loukas Mavrokefalidis - Timberwolves draft pick

*Seikaly is only player on list without Greek citizenship so he is not Greek. This is because he had Lebanese citizenship and could only have one other citizenship than American so he never accept Greek citizenship. But he was raised in Greece from 3 years old and played in Greek youth clubs. He was even member of Panathinaikos. He was entire basketball training and career through Greek basketball schools growing up.

This is ridiculous and stupid lie that NBA fans in America keep make up that Greece produce no NBA players. Is complete nonsense.

pawe
12-31-2008, 11:26 AM

Antonis Fotsis
Andreas Glyniadakis
Efthimios Rentzias
Vasileios Spanoulis
Jake Tsakalidis
Marko Jarić
Peja Stojaković
Dragan Tarlać
Rasho Nesterovic
Kosta Koufos
Kurt Rambis
Rony Seikaly*

These are Greek NBA players that was produced by Greek basketball schools and training programs and also Greek pro clubs

Antonis Fotsis
Andreas Glyniadakis
Efthimios Rentzias
Vasileios Spanoulis
Jake Tsakalidis
Marko Jarić
Peja Stojaković
Dragan Tarlać
Rasho Nesterovic

Panagiotis Fasoulas - was offer contract by Portland Trail Blazers but never signed.

Nikos Galis - was offer NBA contracts several times but never wanted to leave Greece. He made Boston Celtics team as rookie but got severe knee injury and left to go to Greece.

Panagiotis Giannakis - was offer NBA contracts several times but never wanted to leave Greece.

Dimitris Diamantidis - has been offer NBA contracts by 5 teams but has not gone to NBA so far.

Theo Papaloukas - has been offer NBA contracts by 12 teams but has not gone to NBA so far.

Ioannis Bourousis - has been contact by 10 NBA teams to play for them next year.

*Seikaly is only player on list without Greek citizenship so he is not Greek. This is because he had Lebanese citizenship and could only have one other citizenship than American so he never accept Greek citizenship. But he was raised in Greece from 3 years old and played in Greek youth clubs. He was even member of Panathinaikos. He was entire basketball training and career through Greek basketball schools growing up.

This is ridiculous and stupid lie that NBA fans in America keep make up that Greece produce no NBA players. Is complete nonsense.

The question is, are any of them Greek players any good?
They all suck donkey dick

Kill_Bill_Pana
12-31-2008, 11:37 AM
The question is, are any of them Greek players any good?
They all suck donkey dick

Spanoulis is better than almost all point guards in NBA.

pawe
12-31-2008, 11:45 AM
There's a reason why he counts peanut shells on the bench in Houston.

Sissiborgo
12-31-2008, 11:50 AM
Greek player suck goat anus

haha EASY..:fro

DaDakota
12-31-2008, 12:14 PM
No he isn't.....

He would be a good player, but not a great one in the NBA...somewhere in the middle of the pack as a PG.

A huge upgrade over Rafer Alston but not at an all star level.

DD

TDMVPDPOY
12-31-2008, 12:23 PM

hahahahhaha put that pipe down and step away from the computer dude.

dougp
12-31-2008, 01:28 PM

God, you're so fuckin retarded. You've really lowered what I think of the Greek people, and it was pretty high since I know any word has a Greek root!

Personally, I feel the Spurs should retain the rights to VSpan until he decides to serve out his contract. Such bullshit that he can wait until it's expired and then be signed by anyone. But then again, the ONLY decent player on your list is Peja, and he's only a roleplayer.

Kill_Bill_Pana
12-31-2008, 01:43 PM
No he isn't.....

He would be a good player, but not a great one in the NBA...somewhere in the middle of the pack as a PG.

A huge upgrade over Rafer Alston but not at an all star level.

DD

Wrong.

Only point guards right now better than him in NBA is

Chris Paul

Deron Williams

Steve Nash (is close though because Nash is in decline)

Gilbert Arenas (only when he is healthy though but is he actual really PG?)

Tony Parker (I give him better than Spanoulis because he has proven in NBA already - but they are in same age group and over the years Spanoulis has almost always outplay him head to head in national teams)

These ones are hard to judge for me without see Spanoulis get real play time in NBA.

Mike Bibby is debatable one. He is better shooter obviously but Spanoulis is so superior in passing and defense to him.

Derrick Rose is also debatable one. Very similar player to Spanoulis but smaller and not close to same court vision as Spanoulis. But he is younger so hard to say.

Chauncey Billups also debatable one I think. Better 3 point shooter than Spanoulis and less turnovers but worse in every other part of game than Spanoulis is.

Baron Davis also debatable. But Spanoulis is really similar player but better than him.

Devin Harris also debatable. Again similar type player but really Spanoulis is better than him even in shooting.

Andre Miller also debatable. But Spanoulis is really better shooter than him and as good or better in all other parts of game except turnovers.

I know Spanoulis is better than players like Beno Udrih and Jose Calderon. He have been dominating Calderon easily in national team play.

So simply is only 5 point guards in NBA I can say is right now better than him and one of those is Parker and he has been outplay by him head to head even in just last couple years when national teams play so even this is maybe debatable. These other ones is close like I say but for sure are no better than him and some really he is better than them. At very worst he can be consider as #11 best point guard if he enter NBA right now.

Then the point guards like Calderon, Udrih, Alston, etc. is not even close. Spanoulis is much better than these types of players

DaDakota
12-31-2008, 02:10 PM
Spanoulis has yet to prove he is better than anyone in the NBA at the PG position. FIBA and Euro basketball is not the same it takes a different style and grit to get accustomed to the speed, the length and the athleticism of NBA players, that is why accomplished players in FIBA/EURO ball struggle coming into the NBA for a year or so until they get comfortable with the different rules etc.

I have no doubt VSpan would be a good PG, I just don't know if he can be great.

DD

Kill_Bill_Pana
12-31-2008, 02:49 PM
Spanoulis has yet to prove he is better than anyone in the NBA at the PG position. FIBA and Euro basketball is not the same it takes a different style and grit to get accustomed to the speed, the length and the athleticism of NBA players, that is why accomplished players in FIBA/EURO ball struggle coming into the NBA for a year or so until they get comfortable with the different rules etc.

I have no doubt VSpan would be a good PG, I just don't know if he can be great.

DD

Spanoulis is not even fit for FIBA game. He is MUCH closer fit to NBA game.

Players like Prigioni, Papaloukas, Jasikevicius, Diamantidis are the ones that is much more fit to FIBA game. Spanoulis is much more fit to NBA game.

As example Tony Parker is never very good in FIBA really. yes he score a lot of points but he is just throw up stats and shots on terrible teams and play like one man show. In FIBA he is nothing special and never has been. But in NBA he is very very good.

Spanoulis is basic pretty much same player as Parker but much better court vision and passing and more turnovers. But in FIBA he is better than Parker really even though same way he is not suit to FIBA game. He would be like Parker and be better player in NBA than he is in FIBA.

A player like Diamantidis is suit to FIBA more than NBA so this is true what you say for players like him but not for ones like Spanoulis and Parker.

Diamantidis is really amazing player in Euroleague level he is most tough defender in perimeter there is anywhere and he will never ever miss a open 3 point shot. He is great post player and he has almost perfect dribbling skills. Can shoot equally well in off dribble or catch and shoot. Much more skill player than someone like Rudy Fernandez but he is more suit to FIBA style game so for him I do not think NBA is good option.

de Soto
12-31-2008, 02:51 PM
I will let Toronto Raptors fans here know this. Vassilis Spanoulis have been contact by Raptors to come play for them as either 6th man to backup at position 1 and 2 or to be starter at SG.

Great post. Can you post more bouncing tits? Thanks!

monosylab1k
12-31-2008, 02:56 PM
Wrong.

Only point guards right now better than him in NBA is

Chris Paul

Deron Williams

Steve Nash (is close though because Nash is in decline)

Gilbert Arenas (only when he is healthy though but is he actual really PG?)

Tony Parker (I give him better than Spanoulis because he has proven in NBA already - but they are in same age group and over the years Spanoulis has almost always outplay him head to head in national teams)

These ones are hard to judge for me without see Spanoulis get real play time in NBA.

Mike Bibby is debatable one. He is better shooter obviously but Spanoulis is so superior in passing and defense to him.

Derrick Rose is also debatable one. Very similar player to Spanoulis but smaller and not close to same court vision as Spanoulis. But he is younger so hard to say.

Chauncey Billups also debatable one I think. Better 3 point shooter than Spanoulis and less turnovers but worse in every other part of game than Spanoulis is.

Baron Davis also debatable. But Spanoulis is really similar player but better than him.

Devin Harris also debatable. Again similar type player but really Spanoulis is better than him even in shooting.

Andre Miller also debatable. But Spanoulis is really better shooter than him and as good or better in all other parts of game except turnovers.

I know Spanoulis is better than players like Beno Udrih and Jose Calderon. He have been dominating Calderon easily in national team play.

So simply is only 5 point guards in NBA I can say is right now better than him and one of those is Parker and he has been outplay by him head to head even in just last couple years when national teams play so even this is maybe debatable. These other ones is close like I say but for sure are no better than him and some really he is better than them. At very worst he can be consider as #11 best point guard if he enter NBA right now.

Then the point guards like Calderon, Udrih, Alston, etc. is not even close. Spanoulis is much better than these types of players

You got done saying he would be one of the best PG's in the NBA, then reel off about 15 guys that are either definitely better than him or probably better than him.

Kill_Bill_Pana
12-31-2008, 03:16 PM
You got done saying he would be one of the best PG's in the NBA, then reel off about 15 guys that are either definitely better than him or probably better than him.

No. I say only 5 for sure. And 2 of those is maybe a question because he is able to outplay Parker in FIBA and Nash is old now. Beside I say at worst possible I would rank him #11 if he came now to NBA. That is not 15. Also there is MANY point guards in NBA most teams have like 3 of them and is 30 NBA teams.

So obvious he is better than most all of NBA point guards. Anyway this is base on how he is with hardly get chance in NBA. Of course once he was in NBA he would get better. I am say he is this good NOW. He would have room to get better once he was in NBA same as player like Scola.

mountainballer
01-01-2009, 05:39 PM

no link.... as usual.
fact is, Spanoulis plays worse than last year and absolutely noone in Europe talks about him. he just isn't relevant by any stretch. he isn't even a top 50 player in the Euroleague. lately he also lost his starting spot because of his poor play.
well maybe Pana hopes that they can somehow get rid of his totally overpayed contract and dream of a NBA team to help to dump him. maybe his agent circulates some rumors to get some attention for his client. he did this often in the past. (that's the reason why in Europe none cares whenever "news" about Spanoulis are released.)

bottom line: an overhyped player, who had one good season but is declining since then. failed in the NBA and failed also home again, when Pana thought they get (and payed) a star, who turns out to be average at best. Spanoulis will be back in Larissa in a year or two, where he will tell people that he once was a star in the NBA.

Kill_Bill_Pana
01-02-2009, 03:01 PM
no link.... as usual.
fact is, Spanoulis plays worse than last year and absolutely noone in Europe talks about him. he just isn't relevant by any stretch. he isn't even a top 50 player in the Euroleague. lately he also lost his starting spot because of his poor play.
well maybe Pana hopes that they can somehow get rid of his totally overpayed contract and dream of a NBA team to help to dump him. maybe his agent circulates some rumors to get some attention for his client. he did this often in the past. (that's the reason why in Europe none cares whenever "news" about Spanoulis are released.)

bottom line: an overhyped player, who had one good season but is declining since then. failed in the NBA and failed also home again, when Pana thought they get (and payed) a star, who turns out to be average at best. Spanoulis will be back in Larissa in a year or two, where he will tell people that he once was a star in the NBA.

Your lies is such shit no one would fall for it. You are just complete idiot.

Double-Up
01-02-2009, 04:14 PM
Me not knows what you says...Spanoulis is heart of motherland...he mcgraty of greece.

Brazil
01-02-2009, 04:16 PM

Antonis Fotsis
Andreas Glyniadakis
Efthimios Rentzias
Vasileios Spanoulis
Jake Tsakalidis
Marko Jarić
Peja Stojaković
Dragan Tarlać
Rasho Nesterovic
Kosta Koufos
Kurt Rambis
Rony Seikaly*

Antonis Fotsis
Andreas Glyniadakis
Efthimios Rentzias
Vasileios Spanoulis
Jake Tsakalidis
Marko Jarić
Peja Stojaković
Dragan Tarlać
Rasho Nesterovic

Since when Rasho / Peja / Dragan etc.. are greek ?

sendman
01-02-2009, 04:38 PM

At least half of that list of "Greek" players is bogus. He listed bunch of players that came only to play proball in Greece. At that time there was a regulation that allowed only two foreign players on your team.
Greek clubs invented the way how to CHEAT FIBA and gave many of that players Greek passports and names so they were able to sign more foreign players and make their teams stronger.
Just look at official players bios and you'll see how much time Jaric, Nesterovic, Rambis, Siekaly, Stojakovic spent there.

So, all of you were wrong.
Greeks are not goat fuckers,...they are CHEATING GOAT FUCKERS.

ploto
01-02-2009, 04:48 PM
At least half of that list of "Greek" players is bogus. He listed bunch of players that came only to play proball in Greece. At that time there was a regulation that allowed only two foreign players on your team.

Greek clubs invented the way how to CHEAT FIBA and gave many of that players Greek passports and names so they were able to sign more foreign players and make their teams stronger.

Basketball fans in Europe know the truth about Radoslav Makris and Predrag Kinis.

Brazil
01-02-2009, 04:53 PM
Just look at official players bios and you'll see how much time Jaric, Nesterovic, Rambis, Siekaly, Stojakovic spent there.

So, all of you were wrong.
Greeks are not goat fuckers,...they are CHEATING GOAT FUCKERS.

Yeah I know KBP is pathetic

Kill_Bill_Pana
01-02-2009, 06:29 PM

They are Greek citizens. As very young players they came to Greece and it was with Greek clubs that they were trained and schooled. They are all considered Greek players. Peja even lives in Greece and is married to Greek.

How the fuck can players with Greek citizenship that were train through Greek basketball schools not be considered Greek players?

Kobayagi
01-02-2009, 06:38 PM
How the fuck can players with Greek citizenship that were train through Greek basketball schools not be considered Greek players?

You bogus, I haha you so much it hurt my testicle.