PDA

View Full Version : Warner is done

IcemanCometh
09-08-2003, 06:31 PM
Can Martz be far behind

Pooh
09-08-2003, 07:15 PM
Perhaps Warner is done, but as for Martz, unless they get off to another 0-4 start like they did last year, then he's toast.

I doubt Warner knows where he's at, after that performance yesterday.

KoriEllis
09-08-2003, 07:28 PM
Associated Press

ST. LOUIS -- St. Louis Rams quarterback Kurt Warner was released from the hospital and returned to St. Louis on Monday, a day after sustaining a concussion during a loss to the New York Giants.

Coach Mike Martz said he'll likely wait until the end of the week to make a decision whether to activate Warner for Sunday's home opener against the 49ers. In any case, Martz said backup Marc Bulger almost certainly would start.

Bulger was 6-1 as the starter last year.

"I'm just going to count on starting Marc, basically," Martz said. "I'm going to err on the side of caution in this situation."

The Rams also moved to add depth at quarterback, signing Scott Covington and releasing Kirk Farmer. Covington was a backup with St. Louis last year.

Team doctors described the severity of the concussion as mild to moderate. A CT scan and X-rays on Warner's neck and head taken Sunday night were negative.

Martz said he met with Warner on Monday and that the quarterback seemed fine.

The Rams believe Warner was injured when he was sacked by Michael Strahan in the first quarter of Sunday's 23-13 loss. Warner was 34-for-54 for 342 yards. He threw for one touchdown and was intercepted once. He was sacked six times and fumbled six times, losing three of them.

One of Warner's targets also went down against the Giants.

Rookie wide receiver Shaun McDonald will be sidelined four-to-six weeks after injuring his thumb.

Martz said McDonald, the team's fourth-round pick and third wide receiver, sustained ligament damage when the thumb bent back against the ground. McDonald caught six passes for 46 yards against New York.

Undrafted Mike Furrey and Dane Looker will be the third and fourth wide receivers this week behind starters Isaac Bruce and Torry Holt. Kevin Curtis, the team's third-round pick, is expected back from a broken leg in perhaps two weeks.

Rabel 13
09-08-2003, 08:37 PM
Mike Martz has to be the stupidest coach in the NFL.

Guru of Nothing
09-08-2003, 10:36 PM
Well, I'm not sure what to say about Kurt Warner. I like the guy, whereas it's popular not to like him. I'll just wish him good health here and leave it at that.

NOW, about Mike Martz, he is BAR NONE, the worst head coach in the history of the NFL - I state this most dispassionately as a Cowboy fan of 30+ years. Dude makes Barry Switzer look like Vince Lombardi!

Thank goodness I chained Bulger to Warner in my FF lineup.