PDA

View Full Version : Tim Duncan was terrible tonight

50 cent
12-30-2008, 10:52 PM
With all the Manu and Tony threads when they screw up, it has to be said.

This is one of the worst games I have ever seen from Duncan.

He cost the Spurs the game.

Raoul Duke
12-30-2008, 10:54 PM
maybe it was the lower back tattoo. he was bad today though. he even blew a layup to tie it up.

Juanobili
12-30-2008, 10:54 PM
So?

Wanna trade him?

OH NO, HE COST US THE GAME AGAINST THE BUCKS! THE BUCKS!!!

mystargtr34
12-30-2008, 10:55 PM
I havent seen him play worse since... Chandler owned him last week.

Bogut and Chandler.

The gay fathers of Tim Duncan. They should adopt him.

Warlord23
12-30-2008, 10:55 PM
Yep, Bogut owned him on both ends of the floor.

Of course, Ridnour punked Parker, so maybe it's just a bad day for Finals MVPs

T Park
12-30-2008, 10:57 PM
Cut his ass.

xtremesteven33
Bucks made some very difficult shots the WHOLE game.

When a team makes those kinda shots theres really nothing you can do about that. Especially when you are playing good D against them.

T Park
:lol

Personally, it doesn't bother me when Duncan has a bad game because, its not that often.

Who fucking cares. Move on to Memphis.

mystargtr34
12-30-2008, 10:58 PM
Cut his ass.

Spursreport, please take your posters back.

T Park

When a team makes those kinda shots theres really nothing you can do about that. Especially when you are playing good D against them.

When Charley fucking Bell makes step back shots like he did, there is nothing you can do.

Agreed.

T Park
Spursreport, please take your posters back.

Its called sarcasm short bus.

Juanobili
:lol

Personally, it doesn't bother me when Duncan has a bad game because, its not that often.

Who fucking cares. Move on to Memphis.

this ^

mystargtr34
12-30-2008, 10:59 PM
Its called sarcasm short bus.

You mean you dont want to really cut Duncan?

DROB4EVER
12-30-2008, 10:59 PM

Well alot of teams are shooting a real high % against us, its called being a poor defensive team! Pops trying to play slow with poor D and TD playing soft. Bad rebounding teams are killing us on the boards!

xtremesteven33
12-30-2008, 11:00 PM
Here come

"The spurs are not elite" threads.

If any sane spurs fan saw this game would agree that they played well the whole game its just that the Bucks played OUT OF THIER MIND. I can accept this loss.

TampaDude
Spurs are SOFT...hopefully that will be remedied by the RRT.

Raoul Duke
So?

Wanna trade him?

OH NO, HE COST US THE GAME AGAINST THE BUCKS! THE BUCKS!!!

wow is that sarcasm juanobili? it was a post about tim's poor play we are allowed to mention as much aren't we.

Johnny RIngo
12-30-2008, 11:01 PM
Yep, Bogut owned him on both ends of the floor.

Of course, Ridnour punked Parker, so maybe it's just a bad day for Finals MVPs

Bogut, Ridnoir, and Redd outplayed Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili. Not surprising that the Spurs lost. Our bench sucks so we need our top guys to have good games night in and night out to stay competetive.

Marco
12-30-2008, 11:02 PM
Tim Duncan is tired (5 and 6 rebounds in the last two games) and it's only December; or maybe is just getting old. Or both.

mystargtr34
12-30-2008, 11:03 PM
Here come

"The spurs are not elite" threads.

If any sane spurs fan saw this game would agree that they played well the whole game its just that the Bucks played OUT OF THIER MIND. I can accept this loss.

I agree with you that the Bucks hit absolutely everything. Its one of those games which you get 4 or 5 times a year when everything just goes in.

Still, if Duncan didnt play at all, i think the Spurs might have had a better chance of winning. He was that bad tonight.

Doesnt make him shit. But the OP was right, he was just really, really, really bad tonight in every aspect of the game.

benefactor
12-30-2008, 11:03 PM
Meltdown thread!

bdictjames
12-30-2008, 11:04 PM
Spurs are still 3rd in the West after Manu and Tony were out for a significant time.

Calm yourselves down.

SequSpur
Duncan is a puss. He should've went in there like a man and threw it down. He plays too soft.

Spurs Brazil
TD can't defend and rebound by himself. He wasn't great on D but he also had no help there

NRHector
12-30-2008, 11:05 PM
If only he would take the ball to the rim with authority and dunk it, instead of those gay lay ups praying that it might go in and also make the first free throw everytime he goes to the line because sometimes he misses the first one and I want to know one thing why do the spurs like to play close games and let the other teams stay in the game?

Lady M
Tim never play good games against Bucks
6 boards 3 TO 7/20 why he shoot the final shoot :(

mystargtr34
Duncan is a puss. He should've went in there like a man and threw it down. He plays too soft.

What do you have to say for your boy letting Ridnour explode all over his face tonight?

Good take on Duncan though.

xtremesteven33
I agree with you that the Bucks hit absolutely everything. Its one of those games which you get 4 or 5 times a year when everything just goes in.

Still, if Duncan didnt play at all, i think the Spurs might have had a better chance of winning. He was that bad tonight.

Doesnt make him shit. But the OP was right, he was just really, really, really bad tonight in every aspect of the game.

Tim Duncan was bad in only two aspects tonight.

Pick n roll defense and making free throws.

he had a mediocre game at worst. People are overreacting. Ive seen Tim have worse games than this.

Kori Ellis
12-30-2008, 11:06 PM
The Bucks always play the Spurs hard. It's like their championship game.

Duncan was weak/soft/whatever you want to say tonight. Offensively, the Spurs played good enough to win, but defensively they were horrible and they got waxed on the glass.

Oh well, good thing they won't meet the Bucks in the Finals.

ElNono
Are minutes catching up to him? Is it time to rest him? Do we have to panic yet?

:stirpot:

Spurs Brazil
If only he would take the ball to the rim with authority and dunk it, instead of those gay lay ups praying that it might go in and also make the first free throw everytime he goes to the line because sometimes he misses the first one.

If Manu made that 3, that was a bad shot, if TP made his layup to tie...

InK
12-30-2008, 11:07 PM
Ye, bucks played a great game, nothing to be said about that. But its allways frustrating to loose a game in this fashion, and its even more annoying due to the fact that the role players produced way above average tonight.

ploto
TD can't defend and rebound by himself. He wasn't great on D but he also had no help there

Don't you love Finley at PF??

timvp
This was an instant replay of the first Bucks game. Duncan gets destroyed on the boards single-handedly by Bogut. At the end of both games, Duncan has an easy shot to send it into overtime.

But yeah, Duncan was bad. I've never seen Pop bench him twice in the same game. He got benched at the start of the first and the start of the third for playing horrible defense. And then that final shot might have been the softest attempt I've ever seen from TD. Granted Bell fouled him but throwing up that BS with the game on the line is inexcusable. Duncan has to go strong to the rim and dunk it -- especially since Bogut was out of the play.

Duncan's been very good this season but the Spurs deserved to lose this one with how Duncan didn't come to play.

xtremesteven33
Are minutes catching up to him? Is it time to rest him? Do we have to panic yet?

you had to start something didnt you?

Spurs Brazil
12-30-2008, 11:08 PM
Don't you love Finley at PF??

I prefer to see him than Rasho

mystargtr34

he had a mediocre game at worst. People are overreacting. Ive seen Tim have worse games than this.

He hit two jumpers tonight (one with the game decided) out of about 10 attempts outside of 15 feet.

His rotations were terrible, he left Bogut alone for 3 dunks in the first half.

He couldnt stop Bogut one-on-one either.

He was bad in all aspects on Defense.

Rapper
The reason why Timmy was terrible tonight is that he has played too many video games before starting the game. he couldn't concentrate on the game.

ElNono
12-30-2008, 11:09 PM
The Bucks always play the Spurs hard. It's like their championship game.

Duncan was weak/soft/whatever you want to say tonight. Offensively, the Spurs played good enough to win, but defensively they were horrible and they got waxed on the glass.

Oh well, good thing they won't meet the Bucks in the Finals.

To be honest, we've been losing the rebounding battle more often than not in the last few games. I don't know Oberto will be able to fix that, but it's something Pop will have to address sooner than later.

timvp
12-30-2008, 11:09 PM
Don't you love Finley at PF??Finley was by far the best Spur tonight.

xtremesteven33
12-30-2008, 11:10 PM
Finley was shooting like a Buck tonight.

Rapper
Finley was by far the best Spur tonight.

Strongly agree with you

spursnatic
I s it just me?...Or do the Fucking sorry ass Bucks own us?...Please someone let me know?...And also the refs tonight were Fucking horrible!!!!Fuck this shit man, I am going to bed, goodnight SPURS fans!!!!

ploto
Bogut had 3 dunks in the first quarter alone and 5 total for the game!!

ploto
12-30-2008, 11:11 PM
Finley was by far the best Spur tonight.

On defense?

xtremesteven33
He hit two jumpers tonight (one with the game decided) out of about 10 attempts outside of 15 feet.

ur right but ive still seen him play worse than he did tonight. Unlike what many posters here are saying.

timvp
Bogut had 3 dunks in the first quarter alone and 5 total for the game!!

That's more than Rasho has in his career.

InK
12-30-2008, 11:12 PM
To be honest, we've been losing the rebounding battle more often than not in the last few games. I don't know Oberto will be able to fix that, but it's something Pop will have to address sooner than later.

There were half a dozen of really weird bounces as well, 40-29 or whatever was it doesnt really tell the story imo.

Rapper
On defense?

The major duty of Finley is not defense

timvp
On defense?Yep. He owned Richard Jefferson.

And he was the best player on offense.

mystargtr34
12-30-2008, 11:13 PM
That's more than Rasho has in his career.

Lol

ducks
12-30-2008, 11:13 PM
why did pop go to duncan late
he sucked shooting
and would not get a foul call
and he struggles shooting free throws as well

Kori Ellis
12-30-2008, 11:14 PM
This is a game that I'm glad the Spurs lost. If they would have pulled this out on a miracle last second shot, then they might get even more complacent, thinking that it's okay to play crap defense. If they lose some of these close games, they'll start tightening up defensively.

Oh and I think this game could have used a little extra Bowen.

xtremesteven33
12-30-2008, 11:15 PM
While spurs fans panic about our shallow 5 spot. They overlook the RE-emergance of MICHAEL FINLEY!!!

the guy has been playing solid as of late. Good defense and good shooting. Happy for the guy :tu

ducks
12-30-2008, 11:16 PM
it was nice to see mason have a decent game tonight

MarHill
12-30-2008, 11:17 PM
This is a game that I'm glad the Spurs lost. If they would have pulled this out on a miracle last second shot, then they might get even more complacent, thinking that it's okay to play crap defense. If they lose some of these close games, they'll start tightening up defensively.

I agree, Kori.

They have to work on their interior defense. You can't give up that many dunks and layups.

I thought KT played well against Bogut and should have gotten some more minutes.

Also, TD didn't have a great night and he will be the first to tell you!

NRHector
12-30-2008, 11:18 PM
While spurs fans panic about our shallow 5 spot. They overlook the RE-emergance of MICHAEL FINLEY!!!

the guy has been playing solid as of late. Good defense and good shooting. Happy for the guy :tu:tu

xtremesteven33
12-30-2008, 11:19 PM
The starting lineup needs to change.

Once Oberto comes back i can see him taking the starting spot back from Bonner. Bonners 5 minutes came and went.

mystargtr34
12-30-2008, 11:19 PM
Spurs badly need another shot blocker.

m33p0
12-30-2008, 11:22 PM

just because you didn't get that autograph doesn't mean you can piss on him first chance you get. :lol

Dunc n Dave
12-30-2008, 11:30 PM

Despite all of things posted above, Duncan SHOULD HAVE been at the FT line "trying" to tie the game on that last shot.

You think Charlie Bell is thanking the heavens that the refs swallowed thier whistles on this one?

Of course, hoping Duncan makes both FTs was a craps shoot itself...
http://i732.photobucket.com/albums/ww326/duncndave/DSCF2807.jpg

T Park
12-30-2008, 11:31 PM
This might've been one of Finley's best game as a Spur.

Dude was a beast out there.

T Park
12-30-2008, 11:31 PM

Yeah I would've had to sit Manu for Bowen.

Manu was just, OK.

ploto
12-30-2008, 11:32 PM
You can not have it both ways. Last game they did not call the foul on the Spurs at the end but now you want them to call it on the Bucks.

peskypesky
12-30-2008, 11:39 PM

I like your sig....but i think you might need to photoshop mason into manu's place.

kace
12-30-2008, 11:43 PM
Bogut, Ridnoir, and Redd outplayed Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili. Not surprising that the Spurs lost. Our bench sucks so we need our top guys to have good games night in and night out to stay competetive.

Tony has a double double, 19 pts and 10 ass at 50 % FG.
manu has only 13 pts, but at 5/9 and with 5 assists.

i'm not a big fan of threads pointing a player on every single bad game, but tim with his 7/20 FG, 6 rbs (0 off rbs) and 3 TOs shouldn't be put at the same level as tony and manu on this game.

TampaDude
12-30-2008, 11:43 PM

+1 The Spurs seemed to have left their defense in the locker room...maybe they'll remember to bring it with them onto the court next time.

peskypesky
12-30-2008, 11:47 PM
Tony has a double double, 19 pts and 10 ass at 50 % FG.
manu has only 13 pts, but at 5/9 and with 5 assists.

i'm not a big fan of threads pointing a player on every single bad game, but tim with his 7/20 FG, 6 rbs (0 off rbs) and 3 TOs shouldn't be put at the same level as tony and manu on this game.

ok, so it wasn't a great game by tim...but let's see, he led the team in scoring, he led the team in rebounds, he led the team in free throws, and he led the team in blocks. tim's off night is still pretty good. cut him some slack, people.

kace
12-30-2008, 11:57 PM
ok, so it wasn't a great game by tim...but let's see, he led the team in scoring, he led the team in rebounds, he led the team in free throws, and he led the team in blocks. tim's off night is still pretty good. cut him some slack, people.

i was answering someone trying to put the blame on tony and manu too. i'm just saying they had a good game.

once again, i don't like threads pointing out a player for any single loss, especially a great one like tim.

duncan228
12-30-2008, 11:58 PM
...cut him some slack, people.

I was on the same page in the game blog a minute ago. :)

Duncan was off from the tip tonight. I won't even bother to try to figure out why. He's a competitor, he plays to win. He leaves it all on the court consistently.

Unless he's sick or hurt, I'm confident we won't see this kind of game from him Friday. It's rare to get 2 bad games in a row from him when he's healthy.

He played bad tonight. I'm the biggest Duncan homer on this board but I'll call him out when he has it coming. I'll also cut him the slack for the rare off game he has. In my opinion he's earned it. Besides, no one will give him more grief for a game like this than he will.

He'll be a monster Friday.

Austin_Toros
12-31-2008, 12:01 AM
there must be some sort of hoo-doo between TD and the bucks.
im fairly sure, generally, TD doesnt play his best ball against them.

maybe its because bogut is that damn good he can shut down duncan.

peskypesky
12-31-2008, 12:03 AM
i was answering someone trying to put the blame on tony and manu too. i'm just saying they had a good game.

once again, i don't like threads pointing out a player for any single loss, especially a great one like tim.

:toast

i didn't mean to single you out but all the people posting how Tim sucked tonight and he's the reason we lost was pissing me off. A lot of Spurs fans are spoiled. A lot are ungrateful. And a lot are like chicken littles running around thinking the sky is falling because we lost a game.

it's a measure of tim's greatness that on an off-night he still leads the team in scoring, rebounding and blocks.

HarlemHeat37
12-31-2008, 12:05 AM
Duncan is allowed having bad games, he's carried us the entire season..

the Bucks have owned him(compared to the usual legend Tim), and it's nothing new..

the problem I have with him in these games is his shot selection..he has shots where he just puts his head down and throws it up at the rim, looking for a foul..settles for his jumpers too much against guys he should be able to dominate(and usually does)..a lot can be avoided with better shot selection..

duncan228
12-31-2008, 12:06 AM
And a lot are like chicken littles running around thinking the sky is falling because we lost a game.

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x282/duncan228/oddsandends/chickenlittlegif.gif

it's me
12-31-2008, 12:08 AM
I like your sig....but i think you might need to photoshop mason into manu's place.

:fishing you'll catch a couple.

TDMVPDPOY
12-31-2008, 12:09 AM
trade tim duncan thread

galvatron3000
12-31-2008, 12:21 AM
we can always trade for Luke Walton, I hear the Lakers are shopping him and I just know some team that doesn't run the triangle is waiting to get their hands on him.

Thought I'd throw out a ridiculous statement for a change since so many are doing it, look I'm a follower!!

lol

ploto
12-31-2008, 12:26 AM
When a great player struggles against a team once, you can call it a fluke. When it happens again, you have to look and see why? Maybe, Bogut deserves some credit.

Johnny RIngo
12-31-2008, 12:40 AM

Putting up solid numbers doesn't mean you had a good game. Ridnoir burned us tonight. He scored 20 points on 60% shooting(he's a career 41% shooter).

crc21209
12-31-2008, 12:43 AM
Well thats what happens when Tim is the only big out there with Manu, TP, Fin, and Mason, were GOING to get killed on the glass until another big steps up. Bonner? Fab? We need another post player bad. But I also dont get too down on shit like this seeing as the Bucks for some reason own the Spurs every damn time we play them. Plus Kori hit it on the head, maybe its a good thing we got owned tonight to give them a kick in the ass and get back to Spurs D. It doesnt help also that the Bucks could have made all those shots with their damn eyes closed the way they were going tonight.

Supergirl
12-31-2008, 12:47 AM
It's the second game in a row where the Spurs have gotten outscored in the paint badly, and Duncan owns the paint when he wants to, against anybody he plays. But Duncan is also a master at pacing himself for the playoffs, and his lack of aggressiveness tonight cost them tonight's game. Still, the Spurs were in a position to win it despite that, and won the last game with Duncan hitting jump shots all night.

Spurs will be fine. They just need to get into the playoffs, and I like their chances against just about anybody they face.

Baseline
12-31-2008, 01:35 AM
We can't continue to ride Tim like a rented mule. The dude doesn't have any help inside, and although Finley shot well tonight, the small ball routine is not going to get it done aganst the Bostons and LAs of the league. I'm sure tim is pacing himself, and he's done a fabulous job of it to keep us at #3 in the West considering all our injuries.

Unfortunately Tim is the one paying for Manu's Olympic gig by playing a ton of hard minutes so far this year. TP's injury made it even harder on Tim.

Hopefully Mahinmi will be able to help - otherwise we need to trade for a big who can really rebound. Yes, we're a good defensive team, but if we give up 10-12 extra possessions per game on offensive rebounds, that makes us an average defensive team.

The_Game
12-31-2008, 01:40 AM
told you all before

DUNCAN IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO DOMINATE ANYMORE...

Manu-of-steel
12-31-2008, 01:42 AM
We can't continue to ride Tim like a rented mule. The dude doesn't have any help inside, and although Finley shot well tonight, the small ball routine is not going to get it done aganst the Bostons and LAs of the league. I'm sure tim is pacing himself, and he's done a fabulous job of it to keep us at #3 in the West considering all our injuries.

Unfortunately Tim is the one paying for Manu's Olympic gig by playing a ton of hard minutes so far this year. TP's injury made it even harder on Tim.

Hopefully Mahinmi will be able to help - otherwise we need to trade for a big who can really rebound. Yes, we're a good defensive team, but if we give up 10-12 extra possessions per game on offensive rebounds, that makes us an average defensive team.

here we go again- blaming manu and tp. it's old. let's move on. we're still number 3 in the west inspite of this loss. the spurs will bounce back!

TDMVPDPOY
12-31-2008, 02:24 AM
a loss really hurts our standings, but we should be concerned with the players in the west than the bucks, who has no affect on us in the playoffs......every win counts in the reg season if you want a playoff spot, but im not scared whoever we face in the west cause it be a 7 games series with alot of rest in between and adjustments....i believe in tim duncan, thats all i need to do....he will take us to the promised land.

peskypesky
12-31-2008, 02:28 AM
told you all before

DUNCAN IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO DOMINATE ANYMORE...

you're an idiot.

HarlemHeat37
12-31-2008, 03:00 AM
Duncan isn't good enough to dominate anymore..except for the fact that he's been doing it all year, you know?..

unlike Kobe, he does it in the finals too..when it actually matters..

The_Game
12-31-2008, 03:24 AM
Duncan isn't good enough to dominate anymore..except for the fact that he's been doing it all year, you know?..

unlike Kobe, he does it in the finals too..when it actually matters..

key word DID...not anymore.

mrspurs
12-31-2008, 07:02 AM
No comment

Josepatches_
12-31-2008, 07:09 AM
Pick'n roll defense.It's not only TD's fault.

We had a problem with that.
TD has to take the PG when C makes the screen but TP like all the PG is very small to take the C in the paint and Bonner can't do a great help against big men.That's end with alley ups,dunks or similar.If TD still guarding the C then the PG is open for a easy shot.
That's the problem.We can play only with TD in the paint.We could do it some minutes to surprise but teams can take advantages of that situation if we use it all the game.TD and Thomas has to play together but then we would have a very poor 2unit in the frontcourt when they were resting.We need Oberto come back and one more center.I don't mind if he's not able to make a layup.Only one big man who can play defend.

Our defense isn't as good as other years too because TD can't help his teammates as he usually did.He has enough problems to close the paint now so he can't do all.
TD's D is worse than other years because team's roster is worse.He never played alone with a small forward like Bonner.One more thing is that He never had to guard all the time the best big man of the opposite team.

Soul_Patch
12-31-2008, 09:30 AM
I think its time to trade him. We need some more guards.

Rohirrim
12-31-2008, 09:39 AM
Tony had a shit game too. He was in ballhog mode and was bringing the team down.

As soon as Hill came in the offense got flowing again.

Anyone who disagrees..............TP GOT STUFFED BY RIDNOUR. Need I say more.

Tim needs more fucking help. It's that simple.

This gay shit where we have Tim and jumpshooters is getting old. Our guards rebound better than our bigs. Fix that shit Pop.

anakha
12-31-2008, 09:46 AM
Tony had a shit game too. He was in ballhog mode and was bringing the team down.

As soon as Hill came in the offense got flowing again.

Anyone who disagrees..............TP GOT STUFFED BY RIDNOUR. Need I say more.

Kinda hard to scream 'ballhog' when Parker had a 5:1 A:TO ratio, while Hill's was 2:3.