PDA

View Full Version : Greatest NBA player who never got a ring?

peskypesky
12-31-2008, 12:49 AM
Wondering what y'all think. Top of mind I think of Patrick Ewing, Charles Barkley, George Gervin.... Who are some of the others?

(I'd add AI and Nash to the list, but I guess theoretically they both still have chances.)

monosylab1k
12-31-2008, 12:50 AM
Elgin Baylor

Chieflion
Elgin Baylor.

YellowFever
Gotta be Moses Malone.

peskypesky
oh yeah...Karl Malone

peskypesky
12-31-2008, 12:51 AM
Gotta be Moses Malone.

i think he had two

YellowFever
12-31-2008, 12:51 AM
Elgin Baylor.

Ok, forget Malone... :lol

Chieflion
12-31-2008, 12:52 AM
Add Dominque Wilkins for honorable mention.

peskypesky
Moses got 1 ring. And Finals MVP.

YellowFever
i think he had two

OOppps..meant Karl Malone....but nevermind..I'll go with Baylor

peskypesky
how the hell did Elgin Baylor never manage to win one?

Otaku
12-31-2008, 12:53 AM
That one's gotta be Sir Charles

Reck
12-31-2008, 12:54 AM
John Stockton

Chieflion

Bill Russell played in that era. The year he retired. The Lakers won 33 in a row and won the title.
He retired in the middle of the season.

YellowFever

Two Words:

Boston Celtics

Allanon
12-31-2008, 12:56 AM
Barkley, I like.

Bob Lanier
12-31-2008, 12:57 AM
Barkley.

Chieflion
12-31-2008, 12:58 AM
Barkley, I like.

I thought Laker fans would homer vote Elgin Baylor.

cobbler
12-31-2008, 12:58 AM

Lost 6 times to the green pukes.

Elgin is by far the best player to not get a ring.

Barkley and Malone are a close 2nd... but Baylor changed the game. The first real high flyer.

peskypesky
12-31-2008, 01:03 AM
People really think Barkley over Karl Malone when it comes to greatest PF without a ring?

Boston Pancake
12-31-2008, 01:03 AM
I thought Laker fans would homer vote Elgin Baylor.

Like any Lakers fans these days even know who he is. They probably think he's just the guy that used to be the shitty GM for the Clips :lmao those fucksticks would never admit liking a guy that spent his entire career getting his teeth kicked in by the mighty Celtics.

YellowFever
12-31-2008, 01:06 AM
Like any Lakers fans these days even know who he is. They probably think he's just the guy that used to be the shitty GM for the Clips :lmao those fucksticks would never admit liking a guy that spent his entire career getting his teeth kicked in by the mighty Celtics.

......Man, we managed to go a whole 20 posts before the immature kids with the dirty mouths found out about this thread....

cobbler
12-31-2008, 01:08 AM
......Man, we managed to go a whole 20 posts before the immature kids with the dirty mouths found out about this thread....

He is just bitter because his boys just went 1-3 on their west coast road trip. :lol

Allanon
12-31-2008, 01:12 AM

I feel your pain son.

1-3 roadtrip...Lakers beatdown on the Celtics messed them up even more than I thought.

"Bynum made no difference", KG...my how the "mighty" have fallen.

peskypesky
12-31-2008, 01:14 AM
okay, after checkin out Elgin's stats, especially his playoff stats, I'm agreeing with the first answer that was given: Elgin Baylor.

The dude averaged 27 pts and 13 rebounds in 134 playoff games...which puts him slightly ahead of Barkley (23pts, 13rbds,123 games), who just barely squeaks by Karl Malone (24.7pts, 10.7rbds, 193 games), IMO. Then comes Ewing, Gervin and Dominique.

YellowFever
12-31-2008, 01:17 AM
Did Artis Gillmore win any rings?

I thought the guy was a fantastic player.

Only problem with him was he had to play in the same time frame as Kareem.

I'll never forget watching those two go head to head when I was around 7 or 8.

And he by far had the best fro around. :lol

peskypesky
12-31-2008, 01:21 AM
Did Artis Gillmore win any rings?

I thought the guy was a fantastic player.

Only problem with him was he had to play in the same time frame as Kareem.

I'll never forget watching those two go head to head when I was around 7 or 8.

And he by far had the best fro around. :lol

yeah, i loved Artis Gilmore back in the day. he was one of my favorite players when i was a little kid. the dude is unfairly overlooked....probably because his best years were in the ABA.

Lakers_55
12-31-2008, 01:21 AM
Elgin Baylor
Fail!

Elgin Baylor.
Fail!

He did! Please see my blog.

http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/Lakers_55

Elgin getting one was no different than any injured player on a team getting one which has happened countless times in the NBA. My blog post came from a discussion that originated here on SpursTalk last summer.

Findog
12-31-2008, 01:22 AM

The Celtics beat the shit out of the Lakers every time they met in the Finals, but as was pointed out by Lakers55, he did technically get one...kinda like a lifetime achievement award at the Oscars.

lefty
12-31-2008, 01:22 AM
Mull Mull

peskypesky
12-31-2008, 01:25 AM
Fail!

Fail!

Elgin getting one was no different than any injured player on a team getting one which has happened countless times in the NBA. My blog post came from a discussion that originated here on SpursTalk last summer.

sorry, buddy. NBA website doesn't have Champion on his list of honors.
http://www.nba.com/history/players/baylor_summary.html?nav=encyc_stats

JamStone
12-31-2008, 01:26 AM
Tracy McGrady. LMAO! "And a good time was had by all!"

Steve Nash and Allen Iverson each might have a case as they start seeing the ends of their careers. LeBron if he doesn't win one in his career.

For the retired players, like many have mentioned already, I'd say it's a toss-up between Karl Malone and Elgin Baylor. That's just for me though.

Lakers_55
12-31-2008, 01:30 AM

Did you read my blog? I dealt with this issue there, a similar NBA.com link and all. Let me repeat it. All sports data before the internet's existence comes from a paper trail. Someone concluded Baylor had no ring when they wrote that without knowing the whole story, which is in my blog.

balli
12-31-2008, 01:30 AM
Stockton. No doubt the single best player without a ring.

Malone was a better player than Barkley overall, but Malone choked in the Finals; brought on his own demise. That has to be taken into account. Not only does it hurt Malone, but I think it helps Stockton because I view him [Malone] as the force that prevented Stock from getting a ring.

lefty
12-31-2008, 01:32 AM
Stock
Reggie Miller
Mull Mull
Do Wilkins
Karl Malone
Moses Malone

timtonymanu
12-31-2008, 01:35 AM
John Stockton/Karl Malone

cobbler
12-31-2008, 01:39 AM
Fail!

Fail!

I disagree. I have been a Laker fan as long as you and Baylor's ring to me and most I know was a token gesture. He retired. Yes he had an injury, but it was not a season ending injury. He decided to retire rather than go through rehab and rejoining the team. Yes he has a physical ring. Yes he played 9 games that year. But he retired. To say he earned the ring on the court in my opinion is just not real. Don't get me wrong. I have nothing but admiration for the man. He was Dr J before Dr J. The first real flyer in the game. He did things no other player imagined before him. Arguably one of the best forwards to ever play the game.

Lakers_55
12-31-2008, 01:45 AM
I disagree. I have been a Laker fan as long as you and Baylor's ring to me and most I know was a token gesture. He retired. Yes he had an injury, but it was not a season ending injury. He decided to retire rather than go through rehab and rejoining the team. Yes he has a physical ring. Yes he played 9 games that year. But he retired. To say he earned the ring on the court in my opinion is just not real. Don't get me wrong. I have nothing but admiration for the man. He was Dr J before Dr J. The first real flyer in the game. He did things no other player imagined before him. Arguably one of the best forwards to ever play the game.

Where did I say he earned the ring? My blog post was did he ever receive one. You should know this story as well! A postscript would be suppose the Lakers didn't win in 1972. He could still rejoin the team if he wanted one that badly and try again.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-31-2008, 01:47 AM
Elgin is clear cut #1,

There are a few more:

Barkley
Malone
Stockton
Walter Davis (homer pick)
Reggie Miller
Patrick Ewing

peskypesky
12-31-2008, 01:50 AM

:toast

All due respect to the great Elgin Baylor...but he played in two games in the 70-71 season...and nine games in the 71-72 season, so to say that he was a Champion in '72 is pretty far-fetched.

I wish there was more footage available of him playing...

Lakers_55
12-31-2008, 01:53 AM
Phil Jackson has two rings as a player. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phil_Jackson He cowrote a book about the 1969-70 New York Knicks championship, a season he missed entirely due to injury, http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/NYK/1970.html yet he got a ring for it! He played for them the year before and a few years afterward. Elgin getting one for playing 9 games is not unthinkable.

cobbler
12-31-2008, 02:03 AM
Where did I say he earned the ring? My blog post was did he ever receive one. You should know this story as well! A postscript would be suppose the Lakers didn't win in 1972. He could still rejoin the team if he wanted one that badly and try again.

No arguments. Many people receive rings. I believe even a few Laker supporters were given rings during the Kobe/Shaq wins. I always felt bad that Elgin wasnt on the floor when they won it that year. He certainly deserved one (earned on the floor) with the career he had.

Although I truly dislike Simmons of ESPN... he wrote a great article on Elgin in Oct

http://proxy.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/081008

Indazone
12-31-2008, 03:04 AM
Dr. J but he did win a couple of ABA championships but after the merger with the NBA he couldn't win anything. Perhaps had he stayed with the Nets he would have won a championship but water under the bridge now.

Findog
12-31-2008, 03:10 AM
Dr. J but he did win a couple of ABA championships but after the merger with the NBA he couldn't win anything. Perhaps had he stayed with the Nets he would have won a championship but water under the bridge now.

I'm pretty sure Dr. J won a title with the Sixers in 83.

Findog
12-31-2008, 03:12 AM
Yep, you're an idiot Indazone, he was on the 83 Sixers title team:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julius_Erving#Philadelphia_76ers

peskypesky
12-31-2008, 03:12 AM
I'm pretty sure Dr. J won a title with the Sixers in 83.

yep

Chieflion
12-31-2008, 03:18 AM
Can we change the title to "Greatest player who never won a NBA championship"?
Thanks.

Indazone
12-31-2008, 03:25 AM
Ok, in that case, I will vote for my personal favorite. Reggie Miller

baseline bum
12-31-2008, 03:40 AM
Gotta be Moses Malone.

Um, Moses Malone swept the Lakers in the 1983 Finals.

Chieflion
12-31-2008, 03:41 AM
Penny Hardaway as honorable mention. He was good before his stupid injuries.
Chris Webber. One of the best passing big men in the last decade and this decade. Although his immaturity in his early years in the NBA does not help.

baseline bum
12-31-2008, 03:46 AM
Barkley and Baylor are the only two I'd consider top 15-20 players all-time who didn't win a championship, and to me it's a coin flip between those two.

baseline bum
12-31-2008, 03:48 AM
Penny Hardaway as honorable mention. He was good before his stupid injuries.
Chris Webber. One of the best passing big men in the last decade and this decade. Although his immaturity in his early years in the NBA does not help.

Webber had too much Karl Malone in him at the end of games. Hardaway loses based on his ridiculously sour attitude after Shaq went to LA. If we're going to name players who had 4-5 great years and later fell of a cliff, Grant Hill would surely have to trump the Nickel.

Chieflion
12-31-2008, 03:50 AM
Webber had too much Karl Malone in him at the end of games. Hardaway loses based on his ridiculously sour attitude after Shaq went to LA. If we're going to name players who had 4-5 great years and later fell of a cliff, Grant Hill would surely have to trump the Nickel.

Like I said, honorable mention. Relax dude. Obviously, best player who never got out of the 1st round has to be McGrady.

baseline bum
12-31-2008, 03:54 AM
Like I said, honorable mention. Relax dude. Obviously, best player who never got out of the 1st round has to be McGrady.

:lol I don't know. Grant Hill would be competitive for that award too.

m33p0
12-31-2008, 04:00 AM
Fail!

Fail!

hey, great article! :tu

Lakers_55
12-31-2008, 04:01 AM
hey, great article! :tu

thanks, there will be more. I figured I'd get said what I wanted to say and then post a link to all of them here on SpursTalk. This thread required me to chime in now.

Chieflion
12-31-2008, 04:11 AM
Adrain Dantley as honorable mention.

Lakers_55
12-31-2008, 04:21 AM
Adrain Dantley as honorable mention.

He came close, getting traded midseason for Mark Aguirre the year the Pistons won it. He had to at least get a playoff share, per the one given to Baylor as mentioned in my blog. Detroit fans were campaigning hard to get him a ring for his many and great contributions before his departure. We would need a longtime Piston fan to answer this. Jamstone, you still viewing this?

Chieflion
12-31-2008, 04:23 AM
He came close, getting traded midseason for Mark Aguirre the year the Pistons won it. He had to at least get a playoff share, per the one given to Baylor as mentioned in my blog. Detroit fans were campaigning hard to get him a ring for his many and great contributions before his departure. We would need a longtime Piston fan to answer this. Jamstone, you still viewing this?

I know he did not get one. Sadly, the OP should just change the title of the thread to prevent anymore ring problems. Just concentrate on the championship part.

Lakers_55
12-31-2008, 04:35 AM
I know he did not get one. Sadly, the OP should just change the title of the thread to prevent anymore ring problems. Just concentrate on the championship part.

It wouldn't make a difference, many posters aren't reading this thread. 2 or 3 said Baylor never got a ring after I gave my blog link showing he did...

Back on topic, I can think of a few...
Connie Hawkins
Dave Bing
Pete Maravich
Walt Bellamy
Dick Van Arsdale
Tom Van Arsdale (He never even made the playoffs! Damn Cincinatti Royals, lol)
For those that never heard of the Van Arsdale's, they were twins. Dick was a guard, Tom a forward. They did play against each other in at least one All Star game. They could get you 20 points or more in any given game. They finished their careers playing together in Phoenix.

Chieflion
12-31-2008, 04:38 AM
So, that is where the Tom Dick and Harry terms come from? Now, if there was a Harry...

GetNashty
12-31-2008, 05:38 AM
:lol I don't know. Grant Hill would be competitive for that award too.

poor Grant! :-(
That guy was so amazing before that stupid ankle injury, then he nearly dies of the staph infection...
:-(

It's okay though, at least this year he'll get out of the first round. Especially if he plays against T-Bac
:downspin:

cobbler
12-31-2008, 06:39 AM
poor Grant! :-(
That guy was so amazing before that stupid ankle injury, then he nearly dies of the staph infection...
:-(

It's okay though, at least this year he'll get out of the first round. Especially if he plays against T-Bac
:downspin:

That's assuming... he gets to the first round. :lmao Holding on to 8th seed by a half a game wouldn't make me be so boastful about going to the 2nd round. :depressed

cobbler
12-31-2008, 06:42 AM

Moses was on that team... but you would have been more correct to say Andrew Toney swept them. But your correct... Moses got a ring.

GetNashty
12-31-2008, 07:08 AM
That's assuming... he gets to the first round. :lmao Holding on to 8th seed by a half a game wouldn't make me be so boastful about going to the 2nd round. :depressed

Watching my "team leader" blow a 3-1 series lead to a team with a Small Forward playing Center wouldn't make me call said leader the "ultimate closer" either, but shit still happens.

AnotherArgie
12-31-2008, 08:05 AM
I never saw Baylor play, unfortunately. So, excluding active players (Nash, Dirk), my starting five would be:

- Stockton
- Reggie Miller
- Dominique Wilkins
- Charles Barkley
- Patrick Ewing

honorable mention: Karl Malone

I really disliked all these players, except Barkley, he played with balls. It was a joy to watch him play with intensity even with his fucked up back in his last days.

Girasuck
12-31-2008, 09:51 AM

It's because Isiah Thomas is one of the biggest dicks ever. He couldn't stand Dantley. Isiah had Dantley traded before the deadline so he couldn't receive any type of championship compensation.

Girasuck
12-31-2008, 09:54 AM

Malone was a better player than Barkley overall, but Malone choked in the Finals; brought on his own demise. That has to be taken into account. Not only does it hurt Malone, but I think it helps Stockton because I view him [Malone] as the force that prevented Stock from getting a ring.

Exactly the way I feel as well.

Thunder Dan
12-31-2008, 09:57 AM
Lebron James

Chieflion
12-31-2008, 10:20 AM
I never saw Baylor play, unfortunately. So, excluding active players (Nash, Dirk), my starting five would be:

- Stockton
- Reggie Miller
- Dominique Wilkins
- Charles Barkley
- Patrick Ewing

honorable mention: Karl Malone

I really disliked all these players, except Barkley, he played with balls. It was a joy to watch him play with intensity even with his fucked up back in his last days.

My team will be

-Stockton (PG) Hardaway (PG/SG/SF)
-Dantley (SG/SF) Miller (SG)
-Baylor (SF/PF) Wilkins (SF)
-Malone (PF/C) Barkley (PF) Webber (PF)
-Ewing (C) Mutumbo (C)

This lineup rules.

Rapper
12-31-2008, 10:20 AM
Chris Webber

Kill_Bill_Pana
12-31-2008, 10:26 AM

Every player on team gets ring though. So this mean he must have because he was part of team.

Kill_Bill_Pana
12-31-2008, 10:41 AM
http://www.cslab.ece.ntua.gr/~phib/photos/Athletics/Panathinaikos/pao96.jpg

Panathinaikos fans of course vote for Dominique!

nbei8SgQOfw&fmt=18

And remember even though he did not win NBA championship he did won Euroleague championship in 1996 with PAO!

YYvUCH2Gd5o&fmt=18

http://www.eurobasket.com/events/elfiba/95-96/wilkins.jpg

http://www.euroleague.net/resourceserver/14108/7dd1e5a9-6d1e-44ba-805c-0858188b732f/3f5/rglang/en-US/filename/7dd.jpg

And do not forget Dominique won WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP with Team USA in 1994!

AI-square
12-31-2008, 11:13 AM
John Stockton

I shall only mention someone I actually watched play, so John Stockton is top of my list.

m33p0
12-31-2008, 11:17 AM
It wouldn't make a difference, many posters aren't reading this thread. 2 or 3 said Baylor never got a ring after I gave my blog link showing he did...

Back on topic, I can think of a few...
Connie Hawkins
Dave Bing
Pete Maravich
Walt Bellamy
Dick Van Arsdale
Tom Van Arsdale (He never even made the playoffs! Damn Cincinatti Royals, lol)
For those that never heard of the Van Arsdale's, they were twins. Dick was a guard, Tom a forward. They did play against each other in at least one All Star game. They could get you 20 points or more in any given game. They finished their careers playing together in Phoenix.
ah... that's the problem, see?

cobbler
12-31-2008, 01:17 PM
Watching my "team leader" blow a 3-1 series lead to a team with a Small Forward playing Center wouldn't make me call said leader the "ultimate closer" either, but shit still happens.

Oh.... Are you talking about a #8 seed taking a #1 seed with the MVP to 7 games with a starting team that includes Smush Parker and Kwame Brown. Great comeback!

FAIL :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

IronMexican
12-31-2008, 01:37 PM
I try to forget about Smush.

cobbler
12-31-2008, 01:51 PM
I try to forget about Smush.

Who? :lol

IronMexican
12-31-2008, 02:01 PM
Dude had the athletic ability, but was an idiot.

baseline bum
12-31-2008, 02:03 PM

I don't think he's better than Barkley or Baylor, but I will say Stockton has to be the most underrated player in the history of the game. I still can't believe the Bulls survived the 98 Finals, especially after Stockton hit that go-ahead three with like 40 seconds left in game 6 (if Malone holds onto the ball, Utah is the 98 champ). Stockton alone willed that team to victory in the series with Sacramento the way Michael Finley single-handedly dragged the Mavs past them a couple of years later.

stretch
12-31-2008, 03:13 PM
Barkley.

BacktoBasics
12-31-2008, 03:18 PM
I didn't read this entire thread but definately Kobe.

Lakers_55
12-31-2008, 03:38 PM
I didn't read this entire thread but definately Kobe.

Do you mean Koby Karl, son of coach George, who was put on the inactive roster by the Lakers during the playoffs last year? If you are thinking of Bryant, he has a 3peat. Not many players can attest to winning three rings in a row.

dickface
12-31-2008, 03:45 PM
If you are thinking of Bryant, he has a 3peat.

http://rsrc7.bubbleshare.com/media/00/1a/b4/e6/0d556d4843cdcc64880c5cbac5c62db5fd9c2bbb/580x435/KobeandShaq_580x435.jpg

SenorSpur
12-31-2008, 03:49 PM
I'd go

Charles Barkley
Dominque Wilkins
Artis Gilmore
Bob Lanier
Patrick Ewing
Karl Malone

Galileo
12-31-2008, 03:54 PM
1. Karl Malone

2. Elgin Baylor

3. Charles Barkley

4. Allen Iverson

5. Lebron James

6. Patrick Ewing

7. Dirk Nowitski

8. Steve Nash

9. George Gervin

10. Dominique Wilkins

11. George Yardley

12. Jason Kidd

These are all top 50 all-time players who never won a ring.

xtremesteven33
12-31-2008, 04:03 PM
John Stockton and Karl Malone. Such a great team that could not beat Jordans Bulls.

that sucks...haha

jack sommerset
12-31-2008, 04:05 PM
dominique wilkins

JoeTait75
12-31-2008, 04:13 PM
In my lifetime, Stockton and Malone. And those late '90s Utah teams would have smoked anyone other than Chicago in those Finals.

galvatron3000
12-31-2008, 06:53 PM
Gotta be Moses Malone.

?

galvatron3000
12-31-2008, 06:57 PM

?

galvatron3000
12-31-2008, 06:57 PM

4-1

galvatron3000
12-31-2008, 07:01 PM
I'd take Barkley over Malone everytime, I watched his greeatness and I wouldn't argue with one person about that choice. Keep Malone I want Barkley every single time. The dude was a beast and very undersize but he was truly great. He used his gifts to the best of his ability. He never choked in the Finals either.

galvatron3000
12-31-2008, 07:05 PM
In my lifetime, Stockton and Malone. And those late '90s Utah teams would have smoked anyone other than Chicago in those Finals.

Not sure about that because the East had teams that could have won if not for the BUlls being so good, Pippen on Stockton killed the Jazz. Bulls were too versatile. Pacers, Knicks and the Jazz had two chances the years prior and afterwards they lost to Seattle or someone else, Portland I think.

Rogue
12-31-2008, 11:53 PM
Jason Kidd :lol

cherylsteele
01-01-2009, 03:15 AM
4-1
Uh...no...it WAS 4-0 76ers.

Maybe add Dikembe Mutumbo to that list.

Findog
01-01-2009, 03:26 AM
I want Barkley every single time. The dude was a beast and very undersize but he was truly great. He used his gifts to the best of his ability..

That's not true. By his own admission, he didn't work as hard as he could have. He was a great player, and was a beast, especially when you consider he was a 6'4 power forward, but Malone was a much harder worker than Barkley.

mrspurs
01-01-2009, 07:39 AM
The Iceman

galvatron3000
01-01-2009, 11:33 AM
That's not true. By his own admission, he didn't work as hard as he could have. He was a great player, and was a beast, especially when you consider he was a 6'4 power forward, but Malone was a much harder worker than Barkley.

I have no knowledge of him making such an admission but it has nothing to do with what I said. He used his ability not honed, which is what you are referring too. AT 6'4 he used his strength, his athleticism, basketball smarts and whatever to the best of his ability. If he could have done more I don't know what it could have been. Perhap he coould have been a better defender but you never got the sense Barkley was close to pulling a Vince Carter, never!!

Supergirl
01-01-2009, 03:15 PM
George Gervin or Karl Malone.

Reggie Miller
01-02-2009, 05:44 PM
I'd go

Charles Barkley
Dominque Wilkins
Artis Gilmore
Bob Lanier
Patrick Ewing
Karl Malone

Reggie Miller should be on that list, between Gilmore and Lanier. Otherwise, I like it.

dropstep4421
01-02-2009, 06:06 PM
david thompson

baseline bum
01-02-2009, 06:53 PM
4-1

no, 4-0

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/PHI/1983_games.html

Reggie Miller
01-02-2009, 07:02 PM
I have no knowledge of him making such an admission but it has nothing to do with what I said. He used his ability not honed, which is what you are referring too. AT 6'4 he used his strength, his athleticism, basketball smarts and whatever to the best of his ability. If he could have done more I don't know what it could have been. Perhap he coould have been a better defender but you never got the sense Barkley was close to pulling a Vince Carter, never!!

Barkley has stated in print on multiple occasions (notably in his first biography Outrageous) that he would have had a ring if he had been a better team leader on defense and/or a better individual defender. He admits that he never fully appreciated the value of team defense until he retired.

jack sommerset
01-02-2009, 07:51 PM
Jason Kidd :lol

He could be a top 10

Biggems
01-03-2009, 01:03 AM
how do u think all those greats feel knowing Darko has a ring.....

mojorizen7
01-03-2009, 01:40 AM
Barkley

Xylus
01-03-2009, 02:07 AM
Tim Duncan
Manu Ginobili
Tony Parker

Great players who just couldn't get over the hump.

Darrin
01-03-2009, 06:04 AM
All-NBA Team

PG - John Stockton
SG - Reggie Miller
SF - Elgin Baylor
PF - Karl Malone
C - Patrick Ewing

This list brought to you by Air Jordan.

Chieflion
01-03-2009, 06:09 AM
All-NBA Team

PG - John Stockton
SG - Reggie Miller
SF - Elgin Baylor
PF - Karl Malone
C - Patrick Ewing

This list brought to you by Air Jordan.

Jordan screwed 4 of those guys of a championship.

DynastyBuilder
01-03-2009, 05:43 PM
I have to go with Karl Malone...then Elgin.

Sissiborgo
01-03-2009, 08:36 PM
oh yeah...Karl Malone

True...

dbreiden83080
01-03-2009, 08:53 PM
I loved the guy so i am going to give Ewing a vote..