PDA

View Full Version : celtics being exposed

j.dizzle
12-31-2008, 12:53 AM
Celtics are a great team but does anyone actually think they are better then last seasons team? Its pretty sad when a scrub like eddie house is your best player off the bench haha.The big 3 are not young anymore & will wear out as the season progresses with the minutes they play..I bet danny ainge sure does miss posey at the moment haha..1-3 on the road trip

RsxPiimp
12-31-2008, 12:54 AM
until they add one or two key bench players like posey and pj brown they're toasted against the cavs or hawks before they each the finals again.

endrity
12-31-2008, 12:57 AM
There is some truth to this. Last year they were playing their bench more I think, and giving their veterans quality rest. It's not happening this year. It might catch up to them. And their bench is definetily weaker. Posey and PJ Brown are big losses, so is Sam I Am, at least in the reg season he played some nice games. And Tony Allen, Big Baby, Leon Powe haven't really developed much. If it wasn't for Rondo's improvements I would say thay are worse than last year.

I think the Cavs will beat them though, they almost did last year, and the Cavs this year are off the charts. This might very well turn into 91 all over again, with Kobe and LBJ meeting in the finals, and Kobe passing the toarch officialy just like Magic to MJ.

YellowFever
12-31-2008, 12:58 AM
You're making too big a deal out of this.

The Lakers went through the same thing when Detroit exposed them earlier in the year and they had to regroup to become a viable force again.

Only problem is that I never thought Doc Rivers was any good as a coach.

We'll see how long it takes them to regroup as well.

Lp26
12-31-2008, 12:59 AM
The Cavs have looked awful themselves the past 3 games so it's a wash in that regards. They are going through a bad stretch, but the loss of Posey is really coming into effect in close games.

j.dizzle
12-31-2008, 01:06 AM
You're making too big a deal out of this.

The Lakers went through the same thing when Detroit exposed them earlier in the year and they had to regroup to become a viable force again.

Only problem is that I never thought Doc Rivers was any good as a coach.

We'll see how long it takes them to regroup as well.

you can tell fatigue is hitting the big 3..big baby, powe, & tony allen have completely disappeared so doc can't trust them on the court during close games..posey made a huge difference cuz he could hit clutch shots & shut down the other teams best scorers..PJ brown also made a pretty big difference cuz he gave them some size & veteran leadership off the bench

bostonguy
12-31-2008, 01:07 AM
Give credit where credit is due. Just a week ago people were talking like this team was great. They came to Staples and got their hearts snatched out of their chest and got their longest winning streak pissed on.

The Lakers exposed the Celtics as an overrated team... now everybody wants a piece of the Bullies.

You all can thank us after we win the title...:toast

I feared this the minute Posey left but I never truly wanted to admit it. Danny Ainge should be fired for that decision alone to let a guy like Posey walk. Why he didnt sign Posey to a 4 year deal is beyond me. The team is going to suck ass in 2-3 years from now and by then Posey's contract would have been near expiring where he could be trade bait or we could have just lived with that contract. It still baffles me that Ainge took a chance on trading youth for KG and Ray Allen but didnt want to give Posey a 4 year contract AFTER winning the title. Our 2 wingman that were "supposed" to be in the rotation (Bill Walker/JR Giddens) are in the d-league. This team is weaker than last year despite this amazing start. Ainge deserves to get his face bashed in with a bat for that situation.

Boston Pancake
12-31-2008, 01:07 AM
The team is in a slump, they'll get right when the playoffs come around. You know, when shit matters. Those fuckin lace curtain fucks from LA will feel the true power of the green then.

bostonguy
12-31-2008, 01:17 AM
You are right. They allowed the toughest player on the team to walk. PJ is missed as well. I think Boston will try to pick up something because the bench is hurting right now.

However, Im still not buying into the whole Cavs hype. Boston meets Lakers in June, no doubt. I will be highly upset if the Celtics dont make the finals, because we are already there waiting.

We will see. If the Lakers can play that type of D when it matters, look out. Personally, I'd like to see what Gasol did on XMAS every night. The guy is a talented baller but if he can play with that type of fire, wow.

cobbler
12-31-2008, 01:48 AM
We will see. If the Lakers can play that type of D when it matters, look out. Personally, I'd like to see what Gasol did on XMAS every night. The guy is a talented baller but if he can play with that type of fire, wow.

He has all year. He has by far been the most cosistant Laker this year.

Allanon
12-31-2008, 01:55 AM
Celtics are a great team but does anyone actually think they are better then last seasons team? Its pretty sad when a scrub like eddie house is your best player off the bench haha.The big 3 are not young anymore & will wear out as the season progresses with the minutes they play..I bet danny ainge sure does miss posey at the moment haha..1-3 on the road trip

Good point on Posey, his grit, defense and 3 point shooting made the bench dangerous.

Celtics got cheap at the wrong time....Posey lighting it up on 50% shooting for the Hornets and guarding 3 positions. Tony Allen ain't making the cut as Posey's replacement.

j.dizzle
12-31-2008, 02:02 AM
Good point on Posey, his grit, defense and 3 point shooting made the bench dangerous.

Celtics got cheap at the wrong time....Posey lighting it up on 50% shooting for the Hornets and guarding 3 positions. Tony Allen ain't making the cut as Posey's replacement.

Couldn't of said it any better..great pick up for the hornets

peskypesky
12-31-2008, 02:03 AM
yeah yeah whatever. celtics lost some games. so they're "exposed". glad that's settled.

and since the cavs lost to the heat today, i guess they've been "exposed" too. so that leaves who as real contenders?

j.dizzle
12-31-2008, 02:11 AM
yeah yeah whatever. celtics lost some games. so they're "exposed". glad that's settled.

and since the cavs lost to the heat today, i guess they've been "exposed" too. so that leaves who as real contenders?

the Oklahoma City Thunder :lol

DrHouse
12-31-2008, 02:25 AM
I'd have sympathy for the Celtics if everyone on their team wasn't a giant douche.

Did you see Garnett again try his same BS antics at the end of the game with Aldridge? And then Pierce walking in front of Sergio R. as he was taking F/T's talking shit to him trying to psyche him out.

They need to take some notes from the Spurs on how to act as champions.

j.dizzle
12-31-2008, 02:39 AM
I'd have sympathy for the Celtics if everyone on their team wasn't a giant douche.

Did you see Garnett again try his same BS antics at the end of the game with Aldridge? And then Pierce walking in front of Sergio R. as he was taking F/T's talking shit to him trying to psyche him out.

They need to take some notes from the Spurs on how to act as champions.

very true..celtic players act like they've won 2 or 3 titles in the past 5 years..I understand being confident or whatever but they just act like straight up assholes..I thought the league was gonna start keeping on eye on garnett??? hahaha..Stern is a joke cuz garnett has had atleast one cheapshot in every game this month & nobody has done anything...

Chieflion
12-31-2008, 03:21 AM
Don't blame the Cavs for losing. I am sure they are now celebrating Lebron's birthday.

21_Blessings
12-31-2008, 05:05 AM
The team is in a slump, they'll get right when the playoffs come around. You know, when shit matters. Those fuckin lace curtain fucks from LA will feel the true power of the green then.

Just be glad the most overrated champions in NBA history got one before they fade into oblivion. They were lucky enough to face an injury riddled and young Lakers team in the finals. Odds are that won't happen again (Lakers 3rd best player getting injured), that is if the Celtics even get out of the Eastern playoffs this post season.

21_Blessings
12-31-2008, 05:06 AM

Contenders:

Lakers, Celtics, Cavs

Yup, that's about it.

GetNashty
12-31-2008, 05:47 AM
Just be glad the most overrated champions in NBA history got one before they fade into oblivion. They were lucky enough to face an injury riddled and young Lakers team in the finals. Odds are that won't happen again (Lakers 3rd best player getting injured), that is if the Celtics even get out of the Eastern playoffs this post season.

3rd Best player? Bynum is a piece of shit against every real center in the league.

LO is better.
Ariza is better.

Bynum is the Luke Walton of Centers.

That piece of shit got owned by KWAME BROWN. KWAME...wow...Kwame is a POS.

Red Hawk #21
12-31-2008, 04:59 PM
LOL @ the Celtics

xtremesteven33
12-31-2008, 05:40 PM
However, Im still not buying into the whole Cavs hype. Boston meets Lakers in June, no doubt. I will be highly upset if the Celtics dont make the finals, because we are already there waiting.

Dont count your chickens before they hatch son

mrspurs
12-31-2008, 07:35 PM
They played alot of home games just like the Spurs. Now Boston is struggling. Does that mean the Spurs are gonna struggle? There is alot of talent out there. When your the Champ everyone is gonna play even harder.

Rogue
12-31-2008, 11:42 PM
Don't blame the Cavs for losing. I am sure they are now celebrating Lebron's birthday.
and the lose is a perfect present for his birthday.

Armando
01-01-2009, 11:27 PM
People are making too much of a mini slump in December they are still 28-5. I would love for the Suns to have that record. I agree they might miss Posey but ask yourself this question. Why did Miami and Boston refused to re-sign Posey after winning titles? Something is there that neither team has said in public.

Armando
01-01-2009, 11:31 PM
You are right. They allowed the toughest player on the team to walk. PJ is missed as well. I think Boston will try to pick up something because the bench is hurting right now.

Don't get ahead of yourself. Remember the 2007 Suns? Remember Trophy guy? Remember how Phoenix winning the title was a foregone conclusion in some circles?

Bob Lanier
01-01-2009, 11:43 PM
http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/I/31mvFEGLOfL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-dp-500-arrow,TopRight,45,-64_OU01_AA240_SH20_.jpg

Bob Lanier
01-02-2009, 12:06 AM
The Golden State Warriors have tradition, too. As for pride, their glorious leader Mr Bryant seemed to have let his pride go missing when he quit on his team just a few years ago. Andrew Bynum's pride is such that he's routinely abused by the better centers in the NBA. Pau Gasol obviously doesn't take much pride in his defense.

Actually, the only Laker I'd say who could look at himself in the mirror for half an hour without grimacing in self-loathing is Sasha Vujacic.

Armando
01-02-2009, 12:07 AM
Yeah, but the Lakers have tradition and pride. And a much better team than last years team that steamed rolled the West.

Tradition alone won't win you titles nor is the fact they are better then last year. Under that logic the 07 Mavs should have won it all.

Capt Bringdown
01-02-2009, 06:32 AM
No worries, the NBA loves this gravytrain, so no doubt another miraculous trade is in the works.

Allanon
01-02-2009, 03:40 PM
People are making too much of a mini slump in December they are still 28-5. I would love for the Suns to have that record. I agree they might miss Posey but ask yourself this question. Why did Miami and Boston refused to re-sign Posey after winning titles? Something is there that neither team has said in public.

Boston didn't re-sign Posey because they didn't want to give him 4 years. They were willing to pay close to what the Hornets were paying but only for 2 or 3 years as I recall.

No Posey means no Kobe Stopper. The loss of Posey means all their backup Centers/Power Forwards are 6'8 and under. That's the size of the Laker small forwards.

If they make it, the Celtics will get swept in the Finals by the Lakers unless they pick up some more size. Pau/Bynum/Odom are too big for the C's to handle.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-02-2009, 03:52 PM
No Posey means no Kobe Stopper. The loss of Posey means all their backup Centers/Power Forwards are 6'8 and under. That's the size of the Laker small forwards.

The loss of P.J. Brown means that. Posey is listed at 6'8".

The loss of Posey means they can't go small and space the floor out like they used to, along with all of the intangibles Posey did such as make clutch shots, fight for lose balls, play pesky D and make the right pass.

When Posey was defending Kobe Kobe got open shots at will, Pierce was the real Kobe stopper in that series.

Boston didn't re-sign Posey because they didn't want to give him 4 years. They were willing to pay close to what the Hornets were paying but only for 2 or 3 years as I recall.

That is right, and they made the right decision because he wasn't worth the contract given. Miami didn't resign him because he didn't want to return to Miami after their first round exit.

If they make it, the Celtics will get swept in the Finals by the Lakers unless they pick up some more size.

There's the homerism, they will not get swept, they would probably lose in 6 or 7 games because their bench sucks, but saying they'll get swept is ridic. They do need size, however Posey guarded Odom extremely well last year so it allowed them to go small at times. The need a backup C more because Perkins laid an egg in that series last year and they need to plan for it in case that happens again.

Allanon
01-02-2009, 03:58 PM
The loss of P.J. Brown means that. Posey is listed at 6'8".

The loss of Posey means they can't go small and space the floor out like they used to, along with all of the intangibles Posey did such as make clutch shots, fight for lose balls, play pesky D and make the right pass.

When Posey was defending Kobe Kobe got open shots at will, Pierce was the real Kobe stopper in that series.

I disagree on the point that Paul Pierce was the Kobe stopper. I think it was primarily Posey's physical defense. It was evident during the most recent Christmas day game that the C's had lost their Kobe stopper.

There's the homerism, they will not get swept, they would probably lose in 6 or 7 games because their bench sucks, but saying they'll get swept is ridic. They do need size, however Posey guarded Odom extremely well last year so it allowed them to go small at times. The need a backup C more because Perkins laid an egg in that series last year and they need to plan for it in case that happens again.

Ok, ok, I'll give it 4-1.

bostonguy
01-03-2009, 12:29 AM
If they make it, the Celtics will get swept in the Finals by the Lakers unless they pick up some more size. Pau/Bynum/Odom are too big for the C's to handle.

Seriously Allanon you are losing my respect....Add some xxx words if you are going to say something like this. You are using g-rated words. Replace swept with "donkeypunched" or "strawberry swirled" . And Pau/Bynum/Odom being too big? LAME! Instead say Pau/Bynum/Odom will deep throat Perkins/KG/Baby/Powe/etc etc.