PDA

View Full Version : Was Tim realy fouled at the end of the game?

Illusionarist
12-31-2008, 04:27 AM
I didn;t have the chance to watch the game. Was Tim really fouled at the last play?? And why did he take the shot? He was cold all night. Couldn't Manu have taken the shot:bang??

timvp
12-31-2008, 04:33 AM
Five threads out of eight posts = too much.

spurs_fan_in_exile
12-31-2008, 04:38 AM
1. Yes. He got hacked on the wrist on the way up, but nothing criminal. It's a pretty standard no call at the end of a game.

2. Because he's Tim Duncan. If you want to tell Tim Duncan that he makes poor basketball decisions you're more than welcome to. I imagine a man as dedicated to mastering the sport as Timmy is open to constructive criticism.

3. Manu could not because Tony Parker didn't pass him the ball.

m33p0
12-31-2008, 05:35 AM
I didn;t have the chance to watch the game. Was Tim really fouled at the last play?? And why did he take the shot? He was cold all night. Couldn't Manu have taken the shot:bang??
dunno. maybe because he's the freaking franchise and when he wants the ball he gets the ball and i-would-rather-throw-my-lot-with-tim-than-anybody-else mentality of his teammates?

mrspurs
12-31-2008, 06:54 AM
I think Pop wanted to help Timmy make a statement with Bogut. Last time around Bogut imo outplayed Timmy. It only took Bogut a few years, but I think he's finally come around. Of course if Timmy had help inside the paint, imo Timmy would be playing differently. Every game we play, its on Timmy alone to cover the paint. All the C's we have want to shoot from beyond the arc like all the rest of our guards and small forwards. And like last season, its just not enough sometimes. It is weird how even when we had a young Timmy teams like the Bucks and the Sixers have always giving us a hard time. Its all good, onto 2009.

polandprzem
12-31-2008, 07:34 AM
Once again it seems that Tim did not put an extra agression to finish the play

DyhmjP3QOrY

dbestpro
12-31-2008, 10:05 AM
Generally I am not concerned about foul calls but there does seem to be a growing trend of no calls when our guys attack the basket.

NuGGeTs-FaN
12-31-2008, 10:06 AM
It's understandable that Duncan is scared of a big Aussie dude :lol :smokin

MoSpur
12-31-2008, 10:18 AM
He was fouled, but you should not rely on the refs to bail you out at the end of a game like that. You got to just hope that it goes in.

polandprzem
12-31-2008, 10:19 AM
No, you hope that it is shaq or dwight who will smash the ball with vengance and kills everybody around the basket in that process.

NuGGeTs-FaN
12-31-2008, 10:20 AM
unless your name is Lebron or Wade, then the end of game calls will never go your way

Soul_Patch
12-31-2008, 10:23 AM
Further evidence that TD needs to loose the soft layups in situations like this, and put the ball through the net, and if possible, lodge it in the floor under the basket.

bigfundamental21
12-31-2008, 10:24 AM
Once again it seems that Tim did not put an extra agression to finish the play

DyhmjP3QOrY

He definitely did not finish strong and that's why the ball didn't go in, but Finley had a chance to tip it back in and blew it too. We just couldn't take advantage of any breaks last night, while the Bucks took advantage of every break and killed us on the boards. We were lucky to even be in a position to win the game at the end. Just didn't get it done. Them's the breaks.

polandprzem
12-31-2008, 10:32 AM
Tim also was to delicate when he had chance to win the game five of 2005 finals when he wanted to tip the ball into the basket

ORION
12-31-2008, 10:33 AM
I was but that one foul did not cost us the game

Solid D
12-31-2008, 10:37 AM
He definitely did not finish strong and that's why the ball didn't go in, but Finley had a chance to tip it back in and blew it too. We just couldn't take advantage of any breaks last night, while the Bucks took advantage of every break and killed us on the boards. We were lucky to even be in a position to win the game at the end. Just didn't get it done. Them's the breaks.

Yep. Even though Bell slapped down on Tim's wrist and Jefferson's body came into him, the Bucks were small so once Tim blew past Bogut, he should have gone for the dunk. Even if a foul had been called, the Spurs needed two and Timmy had already missed 4 FTs.

Additionally, the Spurs were fortunate to have the ball because Monty McCutchen called a 5-second inbounds violation on Jefferson when only 4 - 4.5 seconds had expired and with Jefferson signaling for a Timeout.

The Spurs, particularly Parker and Duncan, blew too many bunnies in crunch time. They have been playing the "hang-around-long-enough-and-close-strong" strategy in each of the 5-games in the win streak. It finally bit them in the rear when they failed to execute.

pawe
12-31-2008, 11:07 AM
I was but that one foul did not cost us the game

You tell 'em mr Duncan.

boutons_
12-31-2008, 11:29 AM
Screw the last play.

Spurs @home should beat an 8th seed/lottery EC team that is 7-12 on the road. Grizz are even worse on the road, but it took 2 OTs.

Nov-Mar not a fun time to be a Spurs fan.

Dunc n Dave
12-31-2008, 01:07 PM

You be the judge...
http://i732.photobucket.com/albums/ww326/duncndave/DSCF2807.jpg

zepn
12-31-2008, 01:13 PM
unless your name is Lebron or Wade, then the end of game calls will never go your way

Or Nowitzki against Manu...

1usamotorsports.com
12-31-2008, 01:14 PM
Tims fault . He should of slammed it . If he would slam the ball more often his point stats would improve alot . He needs to stop trying to tip it in all the time and slam the ball!

boutons_
12-31-2008, 01:24 PM
A foul on Tim at end of December game against a lottery team is one of those "you never get those calls"

but Manu fouling Dirk to lose Game7 in the playoffs has to be called?

IIRC, next play after Dirk hit the winning FT, Tim was fouled again with no call trying to tie the game.

I guess Tim is too old now for Dunkin like he used to do so often some years ago.

Behrooz24
12-31-2008, 08:15 PM
I was at the game last night, the 3 rows from the very very top (free tix) so it was hard to see what happened, I just thought TD went to the hole soft. I rewatched the tv broadcast replays and now I'm even more pissed!

http://www.aww-kittah-aww.com/up/public/43901/1snapshot20081231184217.jpg

Man In Black
12-31-2008, 08:18 PM
He went strong to the hole against them in the past. I remember, same situation and he dunked the hell out of the ball...only to find out that time had expired and his dunk DID NOT COUNT resulting in a Spurs loss. Perhaps that was on his mind.

Rogue
12-31-2008, 10:18 PM
Duncan is so poor at the line that even if the foul had been called, he wouldn't be likely to miss one or both of the fts.