PDA

View Full Version : Chinese and Japanese

Rapper
12-31-2008, 09:32 AM
If you had had a chance to learn one Asian language, which Asian language would you take?

and in your point of view, which one are you more interested in between Chinese and Japanese?

TDMVPDPOY
12-31-2008, 10:42 AM
japanese so i can pickup JAV pronzters

pawe
12-31-2008, 11:49 AM
Aren't they just the same? They sound the same, they look the same, they even smell the same.

Slydragon
12-31-2008, 12:18 PM
I would want to learn Japanese so I can go to Japan and visit all the crazy video games stores

but

seeing how China is growing and may take over the world by,

A = War (unlikely)

B = Lead poison/tainting stuff (already happening, testing in China as of now)

I would force myself to pick Chinese

JoeChalupa
12-31-2008, 12:23 PM
Probably Chinese.

Borosai
12-31-2008, 12:50 PM
I'm definitely going to start learning Japanese in '09. I'm simply fascinated by Japan and Japanese culture. I've never had any interest in Chinese.

TDMVPDPOY
12-31-2008, 12:54 PM
I'm definitely going to start learning Japanese in '09. I'm simply fascinated by Japan and Japanese culture. I've never had any interest in Chinese.

ya ma te man

I. Hustle
12-31-2008, 12:57 PM
Chinese... food is better

Rapper
12-31-2008, 01:01 PM
I am a Chinese and live in China right now , I have never been USA

Well, i found out an interesting thing

To your americans and western people, Chinese and Japanese are similar.

It's totally wrong, they are 2 different languages, just some vocabulary are similar(perhaps 1 of 1000 words is the same meaning but still different pronuncation)

but the pronunication, tense, it's totally different

TDMVPDPOY
12-31-2008, 01:02 PM
Chinese... food is better

too oily man.....

you should try other dishes instead of your plain sushi rolls....i wanna try sushi serve on naked female body....nothin beats fresh fish :D

J.T.
12-31-2008, 01:04 PM
Japanese so I can play all those cool PS3 and 360 games a few months before they come out in America.

TDMVPDPOY
12-31-2008, 01:09 PM
Japanese so I can play all those cool PS3 and 360 games a few months before they come out in America.

dont forget the anime/manga also :D i hate it when they are hard dub to english where the dubbers will exaggerate some words to make it more intense

phyzik
12-31-2008, 01:15 PM
I would learn Japanese.... for the sole purpose of then going to Japan and finding a Karaoke bar and requesting to sing "Turning Japanese" by The Vapors and sing it in Japanese.

That would be so awesome.

Rapper
12-31-2008, 01:25 PM
Tell you guys one more thing

From now on childern in China are forced to learn english, i mean good english

not many Chinese can speak good english, a lot of university student can speak common english, but it's not enough to communicate with you guys here

and their pronunciation is hard to catch

Rapper
12-31-2008, 01:29 PM
dont forget the anime/manga also :D i hate it when they are hard dub to english where the dubbers will to make it more intense

exactly

you mentioned a main point, they like to exaggerate some words in english

Summers
12-31-2008, 03:16 PM
Someone who studied both told me Japanese is much easier to learn than Chinese. I'm sure either is beyond my grasp since I can't even learn German from my husband.

0rion
12-31-2008, 03:19 PM
I've been to China.

baseline bum
12-31-2008, 03:20 PM
Japanese, since I got 1/4 of my blood from there.

DANILO DRASKOVIC
12-31-2008, 03:22 PM
asian girls.......yes.......

0rion
12-31-2008, 03:23 PM
Japanese, since I got 1/4 of my blood from there.

I get most of my blood from Mexico because it is cheaper. Where do you buy the rest of your blood?

ORION
12-31-2008, 03:37 PM
Japanese women have bigger boobs

Rapper
12-31-2008, 11:49 PM
I know why some of you like Japanese

Because of Japanese women and video games

Borosai
01-01-2009, 12:26 AM
Don't forget the cool flag.

MiamiHeat
01-01-2009, 01:45 AM
I learned Mandarin on my own. I speak 3 languages, english and spanish being the other two

by far, mandarin was the hardest language. so complicated

lefty
01-01-2009, 02:43 AM
Chinese, so I can remind Yao Ming that Ginobili owns him

Rapper
01-01-2009, 03:54 AM
Chinese, so I can remind Yao Ming that Ginobili owns him

HAHA

Yes, you can

TDMVPDPOY
01-01-2009, 06:54 AM
I know why some of you like Japanese

Because of Japanese women and video games

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm30/FunWheelDrive/tentacle.jpg

/thread.

Rogue
01-01-2009, 08:35 AM
se dice que chinecia japanicia ha no friendicion
yo ha las libros que dicaria chinecia, btw no parabla yo understandado

vincent
01-03-2009, 04:50 AM
I am a Chinese studying in Germany. In my opinion Japanese and Chinese are very similar. One of my classmates has learned some Japanese. I can understand lots of the words from his pronunciation and writing, even tho I never learned Japanese.

v2freak
01-03-2009, 04:54 AM
Japanese, probably.

E20
01-04-2009, 07:05 PM
Japanese

atxrocker
01-04-2009, 07:10 PM
i'd love to have the financial means to stay a month or 2 in Tokyo, have heard some very cool things. and after hearing enough tales of China from my brother when he went there to teach english, japan definitely gets my vote.

TDMVPDPOY
01-04-2009, 11:52 PM
its all about the pussy

hello kitty anyone? :wakeup

jameschristopher
01-22-2009, 05:29 AM
I have choose Japanese and learning it and believe that it really depends on your motivation, interest and practicality of language use. If you live in an area of the world where Spanish is spoken and you can watch t.v. or listen to Spanish music, then you may want to learn Spanish because it it will be easier to meet native speakers and practice the language. The same would go for Japanese.

English is a combination of Germanic structure and Latin-derived vocabulary. Spanish is a Romance (Latin-based) language, so you will find similarities while learning it. They also use the same alphabet as we do (with the addition of several letters), so learning to read it is not as difficult as say Russian or Greek would be.

Japanese is an Asian language that actually has three writing forms, kanji, katagana and hiragana that each have different characters that need to be memorized that represent different parts of speech (nouns, verbs, etc.). They also use romaji, the Roman alphabet to write Japanese using our alphabet (tsunami, sake, sushi, etc.).

I suggest becoming fluent in one of the two as you can easily get confused if you try the two before you've mastered one, then tackling the third. You might want to do Spanish first, as it will be more similar to English, then Japanese.

Resources-
Learn Japanese (http://japanese.about.com/) About.com
Video Lessons (http://in.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=79756461CD10A747&playnext=1&v=GeBaab_vkIk) Youtube.com
Japanese Vocabulary (http://www.learnjapanesequickly.com/JapaneseVocabulary/)

Cheers James

baseline bum
01-22-2009, 06:28 AM
I have choose Japanese and learning it and believe that it really depends on your motivation, interest and practicality of language use. If you live in an area of the world where Spanish is spoken and you can watch t.v. or listen to Spanish music, then you may want to learn Spanish because it it will be easier to meet native speakers and practice the language. The same would go for Japanese.

English is a combination of Germanic structure and Latin-derived vocabulary. Spanish is a Romance (Latin-based) language, so you will find similarities while learning it. They also use the same alphabet as we do (with the addition of several letters), so learning to read it is not as difficult as say Russian or Greek would be.

Japanese is an Asian language that actually has three writing forms, kanji, katagana and hiragana that each have different characters that need to be memorized that represent different parts of speech (nouns, verbs, etc.). They also use romaji, the Roman alphabet to write Japanese using our alphabet (tsunami, sake, sushi, etc.).

I suggest becoming fluent in one of the two as you can easily get confused if you try the two before you've mastered one, then tackling the third. You might want to do Spanish first, as it will be more similar to English, then Japanese.

Resources-
Learn Japanese (http://japanese.about.com/) About.com
Video Lessons (http://in.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=79756461CD10A747&playnext=1&v=GeBaab_vkIk) Youtube.com
Japanese Vocabulary (http://www.learnjapanesequickly.com/JapaneseVocabulary/)

Cheers James

Romance languages are hard enough for me. :lol Changing from subject-verb-object to subject-object-verb order is tough to get used to, but expressing tense and mood almost strictly through conjugation of verb forms is even worse, and very foreign to a native English speaker (well, at least to me).

I envy anyone who can pick up natural language after about his 12th birthday, especially if he can speak it without much of an accent.

The Reckoning
01-22-2009, 09:19 AM
Sakashe!