PDA

View Full Version : Charles Barkley arrested!!!!

xtremesteven33
12-31-2008, 10:02 AM
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. (AP) — Charles Barkley was arrested on suspicion of drinking and driving early Wednesday morning.
An officer with a law enforcement task force that targets drunken driving saw the former NBA star run a stop sign around 1:30 a.m., said Gilbert police Lt. Eric Shuhandler.
Barkley declined to submit to a breath test but was given a blood test. The results weren't immediately available.
After Barkley was processed, he was cited and released. He left in a cab, Shuhandler said.
Shuhandler said there was nothing remarkable about Barkley's arrest and that it is customary to release people after they've been arrested on suspicion of DUI.
"There was nothing unusual about how he was taken into custody," Shuhandler said. "He was treated exactly like we treat anybody else."
Barkley was arrested in Scottsdale's Old Town area, one of the trendiest spots in the Phoenix metro area.
Barkley played 16 NBA seasons for the Philadelphia 76ers, Phoenix Suns and Houston Rockets, and played on the USA Olympic "Dream Team" in 1992 and 1996. He was an 11-time NBA All-Star and league MVP in 1993.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jh2TEiu9mYmss8nRoJUo4HkdQKbwD95DN4JO0

timvp
12-31-2008, 10:10 AM
That's turrible.

Chieflion
12-31-2008, 10:13 AM
Just because I can dunk a basketball, doesn't mean I am role model.
I am not a role model.
I don't create controversies. They're there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.

Girasuck
12-31-2008, 10:15 AM
That's turrible.

Triple word score.

timtonymanu
12-31-2008, 10:16 AM
He's a knucklehead.

SenorSpur
12-31-2008, 11:12 AM
With all his money - take a cab!

pawe
12-31-2008, 11:22 AM
Just because I can dunk a basketball, doesn't mean I am role model.
I am not a role model.
I don't create controversies. They're there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.

how many hours do you take to play video games a week?

ORION
12-31-2008, 11:26 AM
I told Chuck not to drink and drive.

lil_penny
12-31-2008, 11:38 AM
he does what he wants.. who are the police thinking they are trying to stop him? Hes Sir charles

LEONARD
12-31-2008, 11:45 AM
Good

Viva Las Espuelas
12-31-2008, 12:45 PM
well i'm glad no one was hurt, but this kinda sends a tingle up my leg. i wish i could laugh in this mans' face. i'm glad this will delay, or totally kill his chance to run for and public office. merry f'n new year, chucky.

benefactor
12-31-2008, 01:46 PM
Hopefully this doesn't interfere with his time on TNT. I'd hate to break up the dream team.

DANILO DRASKOVIC
12-31-2008, 02:37 PM

he lost his cab money playing pool

de Soto
12-31-2008, 02:38 PM
He's a fuckup. A pretentious one. Glad they nailed his drunk ass.

Vinnie_Johnson
12-31-2008, 02:54 PM
Could not have happend to a bigger idiot.

duncan228
12-31-2008, 02:59 PM
So will we get the big sit down with EJ where he apologizes like he did with the gambling thing?

Dex
12-31-2008, 03:04 PM
One thing that surprises me is that any scandal any player in the league gets involved in, the league puts it under a magnifying glass, then worries about the image of the NBA.

Yet one of their most popular spokespeople is constantly getting involved in controversies such as gambling and drinking, yet it seems to be swept under the rug because it's somehow expected of them. Even Jordan battled a lot of demons that people don't bring into conversation anymore.

I like Chuck, but that's a pretty boneheaded mistake.

mrspurs
12-31-2008, 04:35 PM

He did, when he got out of jail.:lol

lurker
12-31-2008, 07:02 PM
He was speeding because he wanted a blowjob. Hahahaha.

This may be the very best police report of 2008. When Charles Barkley was busted in Arizona early this morning for DUI, he told cops he ran a stop sign because he was in a hurry to get some oral sex.

The cops stopped Barkley after he allegedly ran a stop sign. According to the officer who wrote the report, "He told me that he ran the stop sign because he was in a hurry to pick up the girl I saw get in the passenger seat."

The officer continues: "He asked me to admit that she was 'hot.' He asked me, 'You want the truth?' When I told him I did he said, 'I was gonna drive around the corner and get a b**w job. He then explained that she had given him a 'b**w job' one week earlier and said it was the best one he had ever had in his life."

The report says when Barkley was taken to the station, he told one of the employees, "I'll tattoo my name on your ass" if he helped "get him out of the DUI." According to the report, "He laughed and then quickly corrected himself and said, 'I'll tattoo your name on my ass' and then laughed again."

The report also says officers "found a handgun in the vehicle" which was immediately impounded. The report doesn't say if the handgun was legal or not, and the only thing that we know for sure was loaded...

galvatron3000
12-31-2008, 07:21 PM
Hopefully this doesn't interfere with his time on TNT. I'd hate to break up the dream team.

I feel ya...and hopefully he wasn't DUI either

DANILO DRASKOVIC
12-31-2008, 08:14 PM
Did I do that?

Former Phoenix Suns player and NBA star Charles Barkley told police he was in a hurry to receive oral sex from a female passenger when he ran through a stop sign drunk early Wednesday, a police report states.

The report, released late Wednesday by Gilbert police, details how Barkley not only made candid references to his impending rendezvous with an unnamed woman for oral sex, but also how he at least half-seriously implored a civilian police employee to help him get out of the DUI bust.

The 11-time NBA All-Star was arrested, cited and released on suspicion of misdemeanor DUI and being impaired to the slightest degree. Gilbert police Lt. Pete Smith pulled over Barkley's black Infiniti SUV at 1:30 a.m. after it rolled through a stop sign at about 10 mph near 75th Street and 6th Avenue in Scottsdale.

"He was very respectful and very cooperative," said Gilbert police Lt. Eric Shuhandler. "It was a very routine DUI arrest."

Smith was one of dozens of East Valley DUI Taskforce officers from 10 different police agencies who have been combing area streets for suspected drunk drivers since Thanksgiving. Barkley's was one of 90 DUI arrests made Tuesday night in Scottsdale alone.

In a statement to The Associated Press, Barkley said he was "disappointed that I put myself in that situation. The Scottsdale police were fantastic. Now it is a legal matter and I will not comment any further as it is a legal matter."

The reference to Scottsdale police reflects Barkley's apparent lack of knowledge about the regional DUI task force and how the arresting officer's department assumes jurisdiction for an arrest no matter where it occurred.

Smith was in an unmarked patrol car when the SUV roll passed the stop sign, the police report states. The SUV stopped just south of the intersection and a female climbed into the passenger seat.

Smith pulled over Barkley, who blocked the southbound lane and had bloodshot, watery eyes and had the smell of alcohol on his breath, the report states.

"I asked if he had been drinking and he said, 'Yes I have,'" Smith writes in the report. Barkley then admitted to having a "couple" drinks.

Smith gave Barkley a field sobriety test, which he failed, Shuhandler said. At the advice of his body guard, who Barkley said was a police officer, the basketball star refused to take a portable breathalyzer test but submitted to a blood test.

Those results will not be available for another week.

While being processed at the East Valley DUI Taskforce command post, Barkley told police, "I was going to drive around the corner and get" oral sex, the report states. He explained he had engaged in oral sex with the same woman last week, the report added.

He then told civilian employee, "I'll tattoo your name on my ass" if it would get him out of the DUI, according to the report.

Shortly before leaving the command post in a taxi cab because his SUV was towed, Barkley shook hands with several officers, Shuhandler said.

Barkley was returning from the Dirty Pretty Rock Bar near Camelback and Miller roads where he spent about three hours with a large group of 40 people, said owner Ryan Jocque. The party included actor Jaleel White, who played TV nerd Steve Urkel from the 1990s sitcom Family Matters, and football player Michael Strahan.

"Charles is a very good customer of ours," Jocque said.

Despite a turbulent end to the year, Shuhandler said he hoped the former Phoenix Sun star would turn the negative experience into a positive, Shuhandler said.

"He has a chance to do something good with this. I hope he does," Shuhandler said.

A court date in Scottsdale Municipal Court has yet to be scheduled.

Nicknamed "Sir Charles," Barkley was an 11-time NBA All-Star and league MVP in 1993. He played 16 NBA seasons for the Philadelphia 76ers, Phoenix Suns and Houston Rockets, and played on the USA Olympic "Dream Team" in 1992 and 1996.

Rogue
12-31-2008, 11:32 PM
Charles is buried deeply in debt. He needed some money to pay off the debt so that he turned to bet, but the result was that he gained more debt.
The only good thing he's ever done is just making some correct comments on Yao who is really as weak as he has described.

Chieflion
12-31-2008, 11:38 PM
how many hours do you take to play video games a week?

What video games? My games suck ass man. My 2k9 pc game got that stupid inbounds glitch. I don't play it anymore.

Indazone
12-31-2008, 11:49 PM
Charles will be an awesome Governor for the State of Alabama someday. If this incident doesn't bite him in the ass. :lol

Which it will

Udokafan05
01-01-2009, 01:43 AM
Lebron needs to call him stupid.

Kobe™
01-01-2009, 02:18 AM
http://www.copsdonuts.com/Simpsons%20Cop.JPG

Lakers_55
01-01-2009, 02:43 AM
It's 11:40 PM New Year's Eve and this is as good a place to post as any....

Tonight, my niece came in to town see her mom, my sister, from the central coast of California, enroute with her husband and infant son to Phoenix, where they will live for a year. They wanted to go out for the evening, and I rarely drink, so I offered to serve as their designated driver. After we all went out to dinner, I left my car at my sister's and we drove off to their favorite bar and I went on home in my sister's car, expecting a call sometime after midnight to pick them up. I got called shortly after getting home as I was posting in lefty's thread in Spurs section. They didn't like the bar. So, I headed on down to get them, seeing many a car pulled over by the local police on the way. I took them to another bar, but they didn't like that one either, so off to the liquor store for some beer for them and home. I promptly left and headed the 2.5 miles back to my place. I made a quick stop at a mini mart, and saw another cop had a "customer" just down the street. As I was leaving, the officer turned around and followed me. As I was signaling to turn left into my driveway, he got behind me and turned on his red lights.

Turns out, I had a brake light out, or so he says. He took my license and ran a check. No problem, of course. He asked me if I had registration and insurance, but didn't make me get them. I told him I was serving as a designated driver tonight and was done for the evening. He didn't even give me a fix-it ticket. I had told my sister they are probably stopping as many people as they can, looking for drunks. Since he could tell I wasn't, he needed to get back on patrol and look for the real offenders. I didn't mind getting pulled over, the officer is just doing his job.

I know what a drunk driving costs you. In California, it will total around $30,000. Your insurance will be high for another 10 years, it stays on your record that long. The arresting officer has the option of impounding your car for 30 days. Even one day will set you back over $200 for towing and storage. 30 days the impound may exceed the value of the car. If you don't pay it, the impound yard will get title to your vehicle, sell it, and sue you in small claims for the difference if any. Your license will be suspended. Your court fine will run around $3,000, if you pay a lawyer a shitload to get it down that low for you. Usually, if there is an accident involving a DUI, the drunk is loose and usually unharmed, while the sober and innocent driver often loses his life. I wouldn't want that on my conscience for the rest of my life. If you go to jail, keep in mind that more men are raped in jails and prisons every year than women are in free society. If you have a pretty face, you might last an hour unmolested.

Mr. Barkley: What you did was dumb. You need to apologize to your fans and lecture them on the costs and dangers of drunk driving. You can afford the fines you will pay. You were lucky. It could have been a lot worse for you.

It could also be any of us getting a DUI. If you drink, get a designated driver, have blankets and pillows in your car, or call a cab.

Have a happy and safe New Year everyone. :)

SmellyFeet
01-01-2009, 03:34 AM
Barkley does as he pleases, biatch. Save you lecturing for someone who cares.

Biernutz
01-01-2009, 06:06 PM
Charles runs with Urkel?:rollin

Kriz-Maxima
01-01-2009, 08:15 PM
Barkley doesn't have to apologize to anybody.

Galileo
01-01-2009, 08:28 PM
Drunk driving should only be illegal if you hit someone.

I was almost killed by a sober driver when I was young, and my mom went through the windshield. My dad was crippled for life. When you get hit, it doesn't matter if the driver is sober or drunk.

All these people getting busted for drunk driving is throwing our economy into recession. Most traffic deaths are caused by sober drivers.

Drunk driving: the only "crime" in history that has no motive, no victim, and no legally proven criminal intent. Even in the insane war on drugs, you must prove criminal intent.

Put drunk driving into the civil courts where it belongs.

Legalize Drunk Driving
by Llewellyn H. Rockwell, Jr.
http://www.lewrockwell.com/rockwell/drunkdriving.html

Lp26
01-01-2009, 11:02 PM
So has anyone heard the latest ?

As we mentioned yesterday, former NBA star Charles Barkley was arrested early Wednesday morning on suspicion of drunk driving.

But, now, new details have been released and we now know why he was in such a hurry.

Apparently, he was rushing to go get a BLOW JOB!

Barkley told Arizona cops that he was in a hurry to pick up a girl who had "given him a 'blow job' one week earlier." One which he described as "the best one he had ever had in his life."

And according to the Gilbert Police Department report, police asked him just where he was going. He responded with, "You want the truth? I was gonna drive around the corner and get a blow job and 3 grams of coke."

Idiot!

What blowjob is worth an arrest?

He was also heard telling a cop that "I'll tattoo your name on my ass," if it would get him out of the DUI charge.

The idiot Barkley, who once said he planned on running for governor of Alabama, was busted after he failed field sobriety tests.

He was cited for a misdemeanor charge and later released at the scene.

------------

On a gossip site so who knows, but hilarious nonetheless

IronMexican
01-01-2009, 11:08 PM
Chuck is a G.

Lp26
01-01-2009, 11:20 PM
The 3 grams of coke is BS, but the BJ isn't apparently LOL

It's in the PR at the smoking gun.

Rohirrim
01-02-2009, 12:27 AM
Easy come easy go.

Reggie Miller
01-02-2009, 05:34 PM
Drunk driving should only be illegal if you hit someone.

I was almost killed by a sober driver when I was young, and my mom went through the windshield. My dad was crippled for life. When you get hit, it doesn't matter if the driver is sober or drunk.

All these people getting busted for drunk driving is throwing our economy into recession. Most traffic deaths are caused by sober drivers.

Drunk driving: the only "crime" in history that has no motive, no victim, and no legally proven criminal intent. Even in the insane war on drugs, you must prove criminal intent.

Put drunk driving into the civil courts where it belongs.

Legalize Drunk Driving
by Llewellyn H. Rockwell, Jr.
http://www.lewrockwell.com/rockwell/drunkdriving.html

To make it even worse, most states make the second DUI in X number of years a felony. It is the only felony that does not require a showing of specific intent.

A felony more or less ends your life as a productive citizen. You can't vote, own a gun, hold most professional licenses, be bonded, etc.

There are a lot of laws that cover what happens if you actually do hit someone or cause an accident when intoxicated. The harsh penalties for drunk driving are comparable to imprisoning all gun owners because they MIGHT shoot someone someday. The deterrent argument is bullshit, because nothing deters a hardcore alcoholic.

samikeyp
01-02-2009, 07:16 PM
Biernutz.....GREAT sig! I think that was the best shot NVE ever made in SA! :lmao

Biggems
01-03-2009, 01:00 AM
his blood krispy kreme level was 0.40

duncan228
01-03-2009, 01:31 AM
For Barkley, credibility is no laughing matter (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AjpdZyvoRp69dVr28yVq2F28vLYF?slug=aw-barkley010209&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)
By Adrian Wojnarowski

The back story of the bust turned out to be vintage Sir Charles: A late evening of drinking with Michael Strahan and Urkel and a nightcap of a willing woman waiting beyond the bar. Charles Barkley ran a stop sign in Scottsdale, failed a field sobriety test and couldn’t wait to offer his reasoning for such recklessness to the booking officer.

“I was gonna drive around the corner and get a … ”

The rest of Barkley’s boast is available with a simple ’net search, but understand: With his arrest on suspicion of DUI this week, Barkley lost his head.

He turned one more embarrassing episode into weeks worth of material for Ernie Johnson and Kenny Smith on the TNT set. He turned the police report on his arrest into a Saturday Night Live skit. That’s Charles. No harm, no foul. He’s forever the class clown shooting spitballs at the teacher. People feel like they should tsk-tsk-tsk him, but he just cracks everyone up. He never did win a title, except this one: champion of the people.

He’s 45 years old now, and Charles Barkley talks about a big life beyond a Hall of Fame basketball career. He says he’s going to run for governor of Alabama in 2014. Barkley is an endless laugh track, but he barely knows who’s playing on the Raptors and Warriors, never mind the Democrats and Republicans.

Nevertheless, Campbell Brown had him on CNN in the election cycle discussing presidential politics and his possible gubernatorial bid. “I can’t screw up Alabama,” Barkley said. “We are number 48 in everything and Arkansas and Mississippi aren’t going anywhere.”

If Arnold Schwarzenegger and Jesse Ventura became governors, maybe Charles could’ve gotten elected in Alabama. He probably would’ve had a better shot than Turner Gill did at Auburn. Of course, Barkley is never running for governor. And he’s never going to be a GM in the NBA. He’s never taken anything that seriously – just like no one takes him seriously.

The gambling debts and the suspected DUI won’t keep Barkley out of the governor’s or the GM’s office. Nobody’s giving him those jobs. Here’s the thing, though: Barkley could be a player on the national stage, but these incidents are destroying his credibility.

For instance, there isn’t a sports figure willing to speak as loudly and forcefully on issues of race as Barkley. He was right railing on his alma mater Auburn’s hiring of Gene Chizik over Gill as football coach. When everyone else is too fearful to talk about race and sports, he’s unafraid. He fears no repercussions. He doesn’t lose endorsements and he doesn’t lose jobs. In that way, Barkley is strangely immune.

What he’s losing is the chance to be taken seriously, to have a legitimate platform beyond bugging on EJ and The Jet. More than anything, Barkley is costing himself the chance to be a serious commentator on issues. He’s lost tens of millions of dollars gambling. The stories of unpaid debts and binge betting became such an embarrassment for the NBA that commissioner David Stern had to talk to him about it.

Barkley could do a lot more than celebrity golf tournaments, commercials and two nights a week cracking wise on TNT. Yet, there’s a sad, self-destructive bent to him that suggests he’ll never graduate to bigger things. There’s no shame there. He’s got a good life, good gigs. He’s capable of a lot more and it seems like that gnaws at him.

Barkley is famously generous, with kindness and money. He’s given millions to institutions such as his high school and college, and thousands and thousands more to waiters and ballboys and perfect strangers. When a young man busing tables at one of Barkley’s favorite Philadelphia restaurants had dropped out of Temple University and lost his dream to become a teacher because he was out of money, Barkley insisted on paying his tuition.

For every foolish thing that Barkley did as a player – accidentally spitting on a girl courtside, throwing a smart-mouth through a glass window – there have been endless accounts of random kindness. He’s got a big heart, a big spirit.

Of course, he’s got a big ego, too. He thinks he can be a GM. He thinks he can be a governor. Not like this, no.

Through the years, the story never changes with Charles; something he’s chasing makes him look like a fool. Maybe it’s a stack of chips late night in Vegas or a you-know-what late night in Scottsdale. Whatever it is, it’s forever held him back. Even Michael Jordan believed that Barkley was never committed enough to be a championship player.

The blood tests will tell the truth of Barkley’s sobriety the other night, but his refusal to take the breathalyzer suggests he didn’t like his odds of passing it. Too many people have lost their lives, lost loved ones to drinking and driving, for Barkley to get laughs out of that booking-room routine.

“The Scottsdale police were fantastic,” Barkley gushed in a brief public statement.

As it turned out, it was the Gilbert police that busted him. Whatever. Charles Barkley has never been too good with the details. Even so, they were a good audience for him. He told them how that lovely lady had recently given him some of the best you-know-what of his life, and that maybe a civilian police employee in the booking station could get her name tattooed on his butt for getting him out of trouble.

“I am disappointed that I put myself in that situation,” Barkley said.

Embarrassed? That’s harder to do. “He has a chance to do some good with this,” the police spokesman said. “I hope he does.”

There’s a lot more good for Charles Barkley to do, but none of it comes out of a DUI arrest. That’s for the young knuckleheads. Barkley is 45 and he still talks about such big plans, big ideas for himself. At this rate, it doesn’t look so good.

timvp
01-03-2009, 03:05 AM
“I was gonna drive around the corner and get a … ”

The rest of Barkley’s boast is available with a simple ’net search, but understand: With his arrest on suspicion of DUI this week, Barkley lost his head.Well done.

hater
01-04-2009, 02:49 PM
I am shocked that not many ppl commenting on this. I just wanna see Chuck's face the next time he is on TNT. that is gonna be classic. that mofo's first basketball comment on tv since that incident is already must see tv. they should have PPV for that moment

Biernutz
01-04-2009, 04:06 PM
TNT has not said a word about Charles status. The next TNT game is Jan 15 so they have time for some damage control . Charles is the money maker on TNT and last year the signed him to a big contract. I think I might be stretching here but I expect Charles will be a big apologize segment then they will move on to make more money.

Armando
01-04-2009, 04:08 PM
TNT has not said a word about Charles status. The next TNT game is Jan 15 so they have time for some damage control . Charles is the money maker on TNT and last year the signed him to a big contract. I think I might be stretching here but I expect Charles will be a big apologize segment then they will move on to make more money.

Watch they will have the big sitdown with either Ernie Johnson or John Thompson.

Rockhound
01-04-2009, 04:57 PM
The other night Charles made a comment about Lebron after Lebron was saying Hi to all his friends during the Christmas games.

Something to the affect "They only like you because of your money Lebron". I guess the same could be said about Charles Barkley's wife for putting up with this...

Therefore, proof Sir Charles hasn't gambled it all away yet :lol

balli
01-04-2009, 05:31 PM
I am shocked that not many ppl commenting on this.
I've just been saddened by it. I have no tolerance for drunk drivers, especially rich ass ones who could've called a cab. But I generally like and I'm an apologist for the Chuckster and that's why I'm all the more pissed that he would do this.

Rogue
01-04-2009, 11:34 PM
http://mw2.google.com/mw-panoramio/photos/medium/2531215.jpg is barkley's new home.

hater
01-05-2009, 01:16 PM
no more news on this pervert? its like everyone is ignoring this dammit!

hater
01-05-2009, 01:17 PM
http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2009/01/01/amd_barkley_mugshot.jpg

hater
01-05-2009, 01:18 PM
http://www.insidesocal.com/tomhoffarth/barkley_bavetta_slow_dance_5.jpg

SmellyFeet
01-05-2009, 01:20 PM
Barkley is a legend.

hater
01-05-2009, 01:25 PM
well now I sorta understand him, this is his wife:

http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l367/depthoffieldphoto/4706776_Hall_of_Fame_Ceremony.jpg

balli
01-05-2009, 01:28 PM
no more news on this pervert?
He's a pervert for trying to get a bj?

hater
01-05-2009, 01:31 PM
He's a pervert for trying to get a bj?

he is married and was running red lights drunk to get to the bj. :rolleyes

Hemotivo
01-05-2009, 01:55 PM
Antoine Walker arrested on DUI suspicion

pauls931
01-05-2009, 02:30 PM
Guess he doesn't want to be a role model for his daughter either...