PDA

View Full Version : Spurs Announcer?

bigfundamental21
12-31-2008, 10:21 AM
I went to the game last Saturday and have noticed on the recent broadcasts that Big Kev has not been the announcer at the games. Anyone know what happened? or did I miss something? Who's the new guy?

MoSpur
12-31-2008, 10:26 AM
He messed up his knees or something like that and had to have surgery. So someone has been filling in. Don't know who though.

bigfundamental21
12-31-2008, 10:27 AM
He messed up his knees or something like that and had to have surgery. So someone has been filling in. Don't know who though.

Thanks, I was wondering what had happened. I hope he has a speedy recovery.

Anyone know who the new guy is?

Obstructed_View
12-31-2008, 11:36 AM
I think he tore up at least one knee shooting baskets before a game. I don't know how badly I'd have to be hurt before I actually missed a game if I had that job.

Dex
12-31-2008, 11:56 AM
I think he tore up at least one knee shooting baskets before a game. I don't know how badly I'd have to be hurt before I actually missed a game if I had that job.

I don't know how someone tears up both knees shooting baskets?

Was he scrimmaging with Bruce or what?

T Park
12-31-2008, 12:19 PM
He was shooting baskets before the game vs Toronto and tore his acl in one knee, literally leaned over to the other knee and tore that acl too.

Hes out till like March I believe.

Dex
12-31-2008, 12:38 PM
He was shooting baskets before the game vs Toronto and tore his acl in one knee, literally leaned over to the other knee and tore that acl too.

Ouch.

How big is Big Kev?

I. Hustle
12-31-2008, 12:45 PM
There goes his trade value.

T Park
12-31-2008, 12:51 PM
Ouch.

How big is Big Kev?

Not gigantic, but big kev is big :lol

angel_luv
12-31-2008, 01:13 PM
I am glad to know what happened to Big Kev. I was wondering.
I wish him a speedy recovery.

bigdog
12-31-2008, 02:54 PM
I've been wondering where the hell Big Kev was at. Hope he recovers well.

The replacement guy isn't too bad. Kinda plain, but he doesn't completely blow.

braeden0613
12-31-2008, 03:06 PM
I dont know the replacement guy's name, but he is the skinny bald dude that was the on-court announcer before Big Kev got hurt. His first night (Toronto I think) he was awful but I'm sure that was due to being asked to do it about an hour before the game. He is getting better but I found myself at the game last night interjecting whenever there was silence. :lol

spursdotcom
12-31-2008, 03:26 PM
http://spursdotcom.com/?p=177

Big Kev update: The PA for the Spurs Big Kev is having surgery on both his knees and will be out of action for at least a couple of weeks (more like four to eight most likely). Stay tuned and I’ll keep you updated as new information develops. But for the time being Chuck, one of the in-arena hosts is doing the PA duties.

original post breaking the news... http://spursdotcom.com/?p=121

Well it appears to be official Kev is out. Chuck, the in-arena host, is behind the mic and has started doing some of the normal pregame reads.

---------

Big Kev, the Spurs’ public address announcer, is out of action tonight. Apparently he had a mishap on court earlier this afternoon and injured his knee(s). Right now his status is uncertain, but it looks doubtful he’ll be behind the mic tonight. Apparently the accident happened while he was shooting baskets earlier on the floor.

SenorSpur
12-31-2008, 03:41 PM
Wow! Tough break (no pun intended).

I wonder who'll make it back first - Big Kev or Agent Zero.

MoSpur
12-31-2008, 04:00 PM
Agent Zero will make it back first, but will probably only play a few games and then sit out the rest of the season. I hope I am wrong because I don't wish bad on him, but I see it happening that way

Spurs Brazil
12-31-2008, 04:22 PM
Call Stan Kelly
:stirpot:

Juanobili
12-31-2008, 04:27 PM
There goes his trade value.

I lol'd

T Park
12-31-2008, 05:40 PM
Big Kev, I gave him a chance, but he is terrible.

The new guy is even worse. Although the new guy is really good at sideline stuff what he does.

The chick that they partnered with them, while SMOKING hot, is absolutely nails on a chalk bored uninspiring read off a card horrible.

The guy, can't remember his name, who is doing it now who also does Rampage games, is FANTASTIC! He is VERY good. Hes always been great at Rampage games, and hes REALLY good at the Spurs games.

When Kev gets back they should dump the chick and replace her with the Rampage guy.

braeden0613
12-31-2008, 05:51 PM
Big Kev, I gave him a chance, but he is terrible.

The new guy is even worse. Although the new guy is really good at sideline stuff what he does.

The chick that they partnered with them, while SMOKING hot, is absolutely nails on a chalk bored uninspiring read off a card horrible.

The guy, can't remember his name, who is doing it now who also does Rampage games, is FANTASTIC! He is VERY good. Hes always been great at Rampage games, and hes REALLY good at the Spurs games.

When Kev gets back they should dump the chick and replace her with the Rampage guy.
His last name is Lavender, cant remember the first.

Biernutz
12-31-2008, 07:45 PM
Big Kev is just too puckered up and tight. His replacement "Chuck" Is loose and just does a great job. He needs to stay. The chick looks good but when she opens her mouth --she just doesn't have it. She needs to spend some time down in the "D" league.

T Park
12-31-2008, 08:25 PM
Big Kev is just too puckered up and tight. His replacement "Chuck" Is loose and just does a great job. He needs to stay. The chick looks good but when she opens her mouth --she just doesn't have it. She needs to spend some time down in the "D" league.

He does a good job?

He doesn't announce who makes the damn shot half the time, and is late on announcing when he does.

Hes horrible.

God you people have low standards.

angel_luv
01-01-2009, 11:36 AM
The chick that they partnered with them, while SMOKING hot,

Jemina ( spelling?) was a Silver Dancer last year- the best one of them, in my opinion.
I wish she was still a member of the squad. She's a gifted dancer.

bigdog
01-01-2009, 01:04 PM
He does a good job?

He doesn't announce who makes the damn shot half the time, and is late on announcing when he does.

Hes horrible.

That's true. I have heard him forget to say who makes the shot. Also, he doesn't say the substitutions half the time, either. As far as his voice is concerned, I'll take it any day over Stan Kelly.

T Park
01-01-2009, 01:23 PM
Very gifted dancer, very beautifull.

Terrible behind a microphone.

Also, yes, Mike Lavender, he is top notch. Hes good enough to be a sideline reporter for the TV broadcasts.

T Park
01-01-2009, 01:24 PM
That's true. I have heard him forget to say who makes the shot. Also, he doesn't say the substitutions half the time, either. As far as his voice is concerned, I'll take it any day over Stan Kelly.

Good lord :rolleyes

Kori Ellis
01-01-2009, 05:25 PM
The fill-in guy now is embarrassingly bad. But hey, he's just a fill-in and maybe he'll get better. Obviously, he didn't know he was going to be doing it, so give him a break.

I liked Big Kev this year a lot. It's a much better role for him than being the "timeout" guy he was last year.

Avitus1
01-01-2009, 05:28 PM
I heard him over the TV and thought it was someone other then Big Kev.

PeterBurns
01-01-2009, 05:36 PM
Yeah, the new Promotion guy is Mike Lavender. Been doing it for the Rampage for the last couple of years. Good friend of mine. Glad to see he's doing well. Speedy Recovery to Big Kev

RashoFan
01-01-2009, 05:38 PM
Mike Lavender is good. I chatted with him a few times when I worked a couple of Rampage games a couple of years back...good people he is.

Biernutz
01-01-2009, 05:43 PM
He does a good job?

Hes horrible.

I guess Mouse is right -you are a moron. Chuck has more energy than Big Key and some nights the crowd is dead and needs some prodding to make some noise. You never hear that from Kev . Chuck might make a mistake once in a while but he wont put you sleep like Kev. I'll take Chuck. The new promo guy is good also.

Ditty
01-02-2009, 02:18 AM
we should get miami's announcer ha

Chris
01-02-2009, 02:26 AM

They say it's very rare to tear both ACL's at once. There are very few people in history who have done this. Vince McMahon did it trying to baseball slide into the ring. Also it usually takes up to a year to fully recover from an injury like that unless you are physically fit so props to Big Kev for coming back so soon if that's the case.

Ditty
01-02-2009, 02:50 AM
They say it's very rare to tear both ACL's at once. There are very few people in history who have done this. Vince McMahon did it trying to baseball slide into the ring. Also it usually takes up to a year to fully recover from an injury like that unless you are physically fit so props to Big Kev for coming back so soon if that's the case.

ha i remember that vince thing that was hilarious :lol

T Park
01-02-2009, 04:26 AM
I guess Mouse is right -you are a moron. Chuck has more energy than Big Key and some nights the crowd is dead and needs some prodding to make some noise. You never hear that from Kev . Chuck might make a mistake once in a while but he wont put you sleep like Kev. I'll take Chuck. The new promo guy is good also.

Make a mistake like not announcing who just made the basket?

:lol

THAtS HIS JOB!!

But agreed, he got thrown into the job and PeterBurns is right, Mike Lavender is good people, very funny guy too.

Obstructed_View
01-02-2009, 06:53 PM
Jemina ( spelling?) was a Silver Dancer last year- the best one of them, in my opinion.
I wish she was still a member of the squad. She's a gifted dancer.

Unfortunate name, but very hot.
http://www.nba.com/media/spurs/sdwp0708_jemina_1024.jpg