PDA

View Full Version : Ridiculous i know, but hear me out!

Soul_Patch
12-31-2008, 10:21 AM
I know most of you guys are going to jump my ass on this one, but hear it out.

What are your thoughts on trying to trade TP now, for a good quality young big man?

I dont have any faith that TP is going to stick with the spurs for the long haul. i have a feeling he will jump ship as soon as it works out. With George hill coming up and being a quality guard, why not attempt to dump TP for a consistent, hopefully young, center with a back up PG attached to the deal?

I dont pay attn to salary caps and what not, but what i would envision is something like TP for Bynum and a scrub guard, or something along those lines.

I know TP is a mad scorer, and is integral to our team, but this would be more of a long term deal, i think George Hill can be our guy for the future, and we can finally get a presence at the 5 spot to push us over the top.

I dunno...just a thought. I think TP's "hottness" could really fetch us the guy we need in the middle, without sacraficing too much.

anakha
12-31-2008, 10:25 AM

What are your thoughts on trying to trade TP now, for a good quality young big man?

I dont have any faith that TP is going to stick with the spurs for the long haul. i have a feeling he will jump ship as soon as it works out. With George hill coming up and being a quality guard, why not attempt to dump TP for a consistent, hopefully young, center with a back up PG attached to the deal?

I dont pay attn to salary caps and what not, but what i would envision is something like TP for Bynum and a scrub guard, or something along those lines.

I know TP is a mad scorer, and is integral to our team, but this would be more of a long term deal, i think George Hill can be our guy for the future, and we can finally get a presence at the 5 spot to push us over the top.

I dunno...just a thought. I think TP's "hottness" could really fetch us the guy we need in the middle, without sacraficing too much.

Who would your prospects be, how much do they currently make, and would their teams be willing to give them up for Parker?

Chieflion
12-31-2008, 10:26 AM

You are giving up arguably our 1st option on offense for a young center?
It is indeed ridiculous. We want nothing to do with Andrew "Once I get my contract, I am gonna suck ass" Bynum and Jordan "I suck at defense" Farmer.
Parker is also reaching his prime.

Oh ya, another thing to note, most good centers are old. Either that, they are young, see Kaman and Howard, but we can't get them.

Offer me Greg Oden, then let's start talking.

WalterBenitez
12-31-2008, 10:26 AM
Trading future for present, interesting philosophical proposition:guin

WayOutWest
12-31-2008, 10:31 AM
The Spurs would have to buy the Lakers organization or get a "friend" to buy the club in order to get Bynum. Not that Bynum is that good it's that Jim Buss, Jerry's son, has staked his entire career as a Lakers executive on Bynum. Jim has battled with Phil Jackson, and to a certain extent Jennie Buss, pretty much the entire Lakers organization about drafting and keeping Bynum. He's not going anywhere as long as the Buss's own the Lakers it seems.

Chieflion
12-31-2008, 10:32 AM
The Spurs would have to buy the Lakers organization or get a "friend" to buy the club in order to get Bynum. Not that Bynum is that good it's that Jim Buss, Jerry's son, has staked his entire career as a Lakers executive on Bynum. Jim has battled with Phil Jackson, and to a certain extent Jennie Buss, pretty much the entire Lakers organization about drafting and keeping Bynum. He's not going anywhere as long as the Buss's own the Lakers it seems.

If I am correct, Bynum gets like 14 million next year for what it is worth. That sucks for Jim Buss.

Dex
12-31-2008, 10:57 AM
It is indeed ridiculous. We want nothing to do with Andrew "Once I get my contract, I am gonna suck ass" Bynum and Jordan "I suck at defense" Farmer.

Oh ya, another thing to note, most good centers are old. Either that, they are young, see Kaman and Howard, but we can't get them.

Yeah, cuz Oden surely is proving all the pundits right. :rolleyes

manufor3
12-31-2008, 11:01 AM

oden sucks. AL JEFFERSON!!!

m33p0
12-31-2008, 11:02 AM
present>prospect.

no.

can we jump on your ass now?

TDMVPDPOY
12-31-2008, 11:08 AM

this is madness!!!

:bking this is spurstaaaaaa :nope

WayOutWest
12-31-2008, 11:09 AM
If I am correct, Bynum gets like 14 million next year for what it is worth. That sucks for Jim Buss.

Actually his "daddy" pays the bills. We might not see too much of Jerry Buss on "High Stakes Poker" once he starts paying all those salaries plus the luxury tax.

Bynum has been a real tool this year. He starts the year off by demanding a max contract extension while only putting up journey man center stats, even by today's centerless NBA standards, then he starts to complain about EVERYTHING. Bynum has been complaining about every call, not getting the ball enough, not getting enough minutes and he's basically isolating himself from the rest of the team. Not a good way to start off with his new contract.

Chieflion
12-31-2008, 11:10 AM
Yeah, cuz Oden surely is proving all the pundits right. :rolleyes

He is actually playing well for his minutes, now cut down the fouls and you see excellent production.

TDMVPDPOY
12-31-2008, 11:14 AM
i rather go trade for al jefferson, duncan or maybe mr.robinson could come out and teach the fella defense, or duncan can cover up his weakness defense game.

SenorSpur
12-31-2008, 11:14 AM
I've heard you out and you're right - it is ridiculous.

Rogue
12-31-2008, 11:21 AM
No me moleste

urunobili
12-31-2008, 11:23 AM
:ban:

AnotherArgie
12-31-2008, 11:26 AM
I would only trade TP for another Duncan.

mrspurs
12-31-2008, 12:04 PM
Hill isnt good enough to take over this team. Not sure he will ever take over any team. There are not many point guards out there who can come in a play at the level of the NBA. Im not dogging Hill, he is what the FO has been looking for. And thats nothing more then a backup point guard who can play defense. And even in that he isnt a true point guard. I dont think Hill will fully come around for about 2 more seasons. Without TP this team would fall apart. This is your roster, Hill,Roger,who knows,Timmy and Bynum? That team would fail quickly imo. For the remainder of this season. And for many seasons to come. And as for now lets be real for the last time this year. We dont have a Big 3 anymore. We have a Big 2. TP and TD are the team. And Pop puts the rest of the pieces together on a game to game basis. Hopefully Manu will come around and play like he did last season before the end when he got hurt. As for now he looks like just another shooter with good ball handling skills. If we plan on making noise come PO time imo. We're gonna need more then just TP driving into the lanes and making layups.

TDMVPDPOY
12-31-2008, 12:11 PM
Hill isnt good enough to take over this team. Not sure he will ever take over any team. There are not many point guards out there who can come in a play at the level of the NBA. Im not dogging Hill, he is what the FO has been looking for. And thats nothing more then a backup point guard who can play defense. And even in that he isnt a true point guard. I dont think Hill will fully come around for about 2 more seasons. Without TP this team would fall apart. This is your roster, Hill,Roger,who knows,Timmy and Bynum? That team would fail quickly imo. For the remainder of this season. And for many seasons to come. And as for now lets be real for the last time this year. We dont have a Big 3 anymore. We have a Big 2. TP and TD are the team. And Pop puts the rest of the pieces together on a game to game basis. Hopefully Manu will come around and play like he did last season before the end when he got hurt. As for now he looks like just another shooter with good ball handling skills. If we plan on making noise come PO time imo. We're gonna need more then just TP driving into the lanes and making layups.

dude cliff notes biatches

you cant judge hills game just cause his playin bench minutes atm and cant contribute atm like the stats he was posting when parker was out injured. I say you give him starters minutes in the presence of parker on the bench and see what he can do or provide, cause it seems like since parker is back hill has been playin with the bench on the court......

T Park
12-31-2008, 12:12 PM
Sigh......

tlongII
12-31-2008, 12:20 PM
The Spurs absolutely need another quality big to play with Duncan. There will be no more rings for the Spurs unless they get one. GuaranSheed.

CubanMustGo
12-31-2008, 12:22 PM
The Trailblazers absolutely need a miracle. There will be no more rings for the Blazers unless they get one. GuaranSheed.

underdawg
12-31-2008, 12:48 PM
The Spurs absolutely need another quality big to play with Duncan. There will be no more rings for the Spurs unless they get one. GuaranSheed.

actually - just an adequate athletic big will do (Ian hopefully.) our current bigs play smart defense and work well within our system, but they're not really a threat to block layups or extend out the defense to guard against jump shooters.

50 cent
12-31-2008, 04:40 PM
Yep, let's trade Tony and be mediocre for the rest of the Tim Duncan era. Awesome plan man.

angelbelow
12-31-2008, 04:42 PM
parker has a house here with eva. its not like she lives in LA. unless we offend him with a contract offer, i doubt he bolts.

Chieflion
12-31-2008, 07:33 PM

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2774~1015~3417~3225~2015&teams=22~22~24~24~24&te=&cash=

Hey, if I were the Spurs gm and trying to shop Parker, will you give me your Oden?

thOOdee
12-31-2008, 07:44 PM
rasheed!

Austin_Toros
12-31-2008, 07:46 PM

first up, if any of the big 3 is to go i want it to be manu.
but how can you accuse him of going to "jump ship"? that's absurd.
while the big 3 are together i don't want TP traded for a big man- unless DeAndre Jordan is in the deal :toast

once timmy retires trade whoever you want for young players! go nuts. but lets not trade for youngsters right now :nope ESPECIALLY tony.

mrspurs
01-01-2009, 07:17 AM
dude cliff notes biatches

you cant judge hills game just cause his playin bench minutes atm and cant contribute atm like the stats he was posting when parker was out injured. I say you give him starters minutes in the presence of parker on the bench and see what he can do or provide, cause it seems like since parker is back hill has been playin with the bench on the court......

You mean bench TP and start Hill? Why would Pop want to lose games just to develop TP's backup as a backup? Might as well bench TD as well and let AT and Matt start the games.:lol That would be tanking games.

exstatic
01-01-2009, 12:17 PM
Bynum is a fucking large market, overrated scrub. There are maybe 5 players you trade a multiple time 26 YO All Star, Finals MVP for. None of those players are likely available.

jayc23
01-01-2009, 02:52 PM

I think individually Hill would be doing much better starting... hill has never played a role where he has to come in for a few minutes a game and turn it on cold... it will come.. but i think its obvious Hill thrived much more so when he was a starter or atleast getting 20+ minutes

tav1
01-01-2009, 05:01 PM
I'm not in favor of trading Tony Parker and I don't think the Spurs would ever consider it. But I do think they should be open to offers, as a matter of principle. If Pritchard calls and says we'll give you Aldridge, Outlaw and Rodriguiz for Parker, I don't thinks it's a smart policy to reject those sort of overtures out of hand. At the same time, these sort of threads always miss the obvious thing: it's nearly impossible to get value back in return for players like Manu Ginobili and Tony Parker. And this still leaves the other problem of the effect such trades would have on the locker room or how far it would set the team back to bring in a bunch of players who don't know what they're doing.

lurker23
01-01-2009, 05:15 PM
Guessing on the 220 thousand square feet home Eva and Tony are building I'd say Tony is staying for a while. Unless we do trade him.

It's closer to 10,000 sq. ft., but point taken. :)

http://www.desperateblog.com/pictures-of-eva-longorias-and-tony-parkers-san-antonio-estate/

Sean Cagney
01-01-2009, 06:16 PM
I would only trade TP for another Duncan.

Shoot I would trade Duncan for another Duncan, preferably a young Duncan!!!!!!!! Pop make it happen :wow

rascal
01-02-2009, 12:17 AM
I think individually Hill would be doing much better starting... hill has never played a role where he has to come in for a few minutes a game and turn it on cold... it will come.. but i think its obvious Hill thrived much more so when he was a starter or atleast getting 20+ minutes

Agree. Hill is almost worthless with limited minutes and his growth as a player will take much longer. Manu is the one player the spurs need to trade and play Hill starters minutes and develope him.

In a couple of years manu's value will plummit more then it already has over the last year. Parker has a longer window in the league.

TEXAS
01-02-2009, 04:09 PM
Parker is tooo good to let go!!!!!!!!!!