PDA

View Full Version : Are you going to obey the fireworks ban?

phyzik
12-31-2008, 12:51 PM
My alarm clock is set on 1200 WOAI in the morning (gets me up fast so I can turn that garbage off) and when it went off they where talking about the ban on fireworks. They said if someone in your neighborhood is popping fireworks you should call the cops on them so I was just curious, how many people are going to follow the ban this time?

Im not popping any fireworks, but Im not sure what I would do if one of my neighbors is going to do it. I dont know if I could be that much of a dickhead to call the cops on them but then again if they are keeping me awake I just might.

Are you going to pop fireworks?

Would you call the cops on your neighbor if they where popping fireworks?

T Park
12-31-2008, 12:53 PM
I'm not gonna get any, but I sure as hell am not petty enought o freakin call the cops on my neighbors if they did.

Thats chickenshit.

jcrod
12-31-2008, 12:54 PM
Nobody could buy any, unless you had some left over. I passed some stands on Sat and they were all closed.

phyzik
12-31-2008, 12:56 PM
I'm not gonna get any, but I sure as hell am not petty enought o freakin call the cops on my neighbors if they did.

Thats chickenshit.

I've got the same line of thinking.... But I'd be a liar if I didnt admit to being tempted if it was that one asshole a few houses down. :lol

phyzik
12-31-2008, 12:56 PM
Nobody could buy any, unless you had some left over. I passed some stands on Sat and they were all closed.

Oh, you can buy them, just go out of the county to like Medina or something. Drive far enough out of town and they are there.

T Park
12-31-2008, 01:02 PM
Yeah all the ones by my house have a "drive ___ miles to this stand"

jcrod
12-31-2008, 01:04 PM
Ok, I was just driving past the ones going to my Father in laws which is on 281 and Bulverde. I didn't look for signs.

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-31-2008, 01:20 PM
AFAIK, only county surrounding Bexar w/o a ban is Atascosa.

Drachen
12-31-2008, 01:35 PM
I am not going to buy, but it is a difficult decision as far as if I would call. I understand it being a minor infraction and all, but it would set a bad precedent for my kids if I told them that even though it is against the law, I will let it slide. Who am I to decide how to enforce laws? Also, the whole reason that this is in effect is because it is tinderbox dry out there, and I dont want my fear of being a "dickhead" to be the reason my house goes up in smoke. (Oh, and it's an anonymous call)

phyzik
12-31-2008, 01:45 PM
I am not going to buy, but it is a difficult decision as far as if I would call. I understand it being a minor infraction and all, but it would set a bad precedent for my kids if I told them that even though it is against the law, I will let it slide. Who am I to decide how to enforce laws? Also, the whole reason that this is in effect is because it is tinderbox dry out there, and I dont want my fear of being a "dickhead" to be the reason my house goes up in smoke. (Oh, and it's an anonymous call)

From everything I've heard the cops will be pulling out handcuffs as soon as they arrive, its not a slap on the wrist and maybe a ticket like in years past... I even heard they are going to try and tack on arson charges in certain circumstances if they can but yeah, I hear you about not wanting my house to burn down.

Bigzax
12-31-2008, 01:56 PM
if people pop fireworks in my neighborhood, i will pop open another beer and watch the show...

ashbeeigh
12-31-2008, 02:03 PM
We've never popped fireworks at my house. When we were younger we did, but that was before the city enforced the ban. We even had a neighbor who was a cop and didn't do anything.

Now we live in another neighborhood and will bet you all the rest of my vbookie that come midnight there will be fireworks going off down the street from us. I think it's dumb, but like Tpark said, I'm not going to call the cops on them either.

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-31-2008, 02:15 PM
From everything I've heard the cops will be pulling out handcuffs as soon as they arrive, its not a slap on the wrist and maybe a ticket like in years past... I even heard they are going to try and tack on arson charges in certain circumstances if they can but yeah, I hear you about not wanting my house to burn down.

I've just heard it's going to be no warnings. Citations immediately, but they will have some fire marshals riding around with SAPD, so says the E-N, so that might be where additional penalties are probable.

And call it chickenshit if you want, but if one of those might light up my home, I don't give a damn what people think of me if I call. You want to light sparklers and set black cats off in the street, go ahead, but don't bring those aerials near my house.

Surprised that businessman TPark doesn't feel for the farmers and ranchers who had tons of scorched land last year.

ZStomp
12-31-2008, 02:17 PM
No.

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-31-2008, 02:21 PM
No.

I would imagine with all you confiscate tonight, you could open up your own booth on July 4.

Bean Dip
12-31-2008, 02:23 PM
None of you dip shits deserve it. Popping fireworks right now is totally stupid.

MannyIsGod
12-31-2008, 03:58 PM
I'm bookmarking Tparks post in this thread for future use.

mexicanjunior
12-31-2008, 06:25 PM
I don't plan on buying any fireworks this year since I have nothing I feel like blowing up (like years past).

If folks are still popping fireworks past 3am and keeping me awake, I would damn sure call the cops although I don't know if they would be so strict in Dallas...

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-31-2008, 06:43 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28452209/

boutons_
12-31-2008, 06:48 PM
I've got stuff from last 1 Jan bought in anticipating June, and set some off after each close-out win in the playoffs.

If Spurs do something spectacular in the season (like the 17 pt 4th qtr come from behind in PHX a couple year ago), I'll set off few. Otherwise, they stay in ziploc h/d bags (3 layers) until the playoffs.

Bexar cty remains in "Exceptional D4" drought

http://drought.unl.edu/DM/DM_south.htm

mrsmaalox
12-31-2008, 06:51 PM
Too many kids in my neighborhood to expect any compliance. No fireworks in my house though.

Wow. What a riveting life you lead.

RashoFan
12-31-2008, 06:59 PM
Bexar County Fire Marshall and representatives will be out issuing citations...If I was going to be home tonight, I would be ratting on my neighbors if they were shooting off fireworks. I will be out tonight putting out fires that were caused by the people who defy the ban and THEN I will be making EMS calls on the motor vehicle accidents caused by Drunks and then I might get some sleep.

Everyone be safe...Please don't shoot off fireworks and please don't drink and drive...

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-31-2008, 07:00 PM
Von Ormy's selling them.

T Park
12-31-2008, 08:57 PM
I've just heard it's going to be no warnings. Citations immediately, but they will have some fire marshals riding around with SAPD, so says the E-N, so that might be where additional penalties are probable.

And call it chickenshit if you want, but if one of those might light up my home, I don't give a damn what people think of me if I call. You want to light sparklers and set black cats off in the street, go ahead, but don't bring those aerials near my house.

Surprised that businessman TPark doesn't feel for the farmers and ranchers who had tons of scorched land last year.

:lol

You guys just love to take your shots.

T Park
12-31-2008, 08:58 PM

Go right ahead.

I'm not gonna call the cops or fire department on my neighbors if they are shooting fireworks.

If its on their property, and they aren't invading my space, blow all the fireworks you want.

Kori Ellis
12-31-2008, 09:53 PM
Our neighbors set off A LOT of fireworks every holiday - New Year's, 4th of July, Christmas, Thanksgiving, Ground Hog's Day, whatever, they are in the street settiing stuff off.

It drives my dogs crazy, but it doesn't bother me if they don't go on and on. On 4th of July, they started at 7pm and were going well after 2am.

T Park
12-31-2008, 09:56 PM
Thats a bit much but again, nothing that would make me call the cops.

Hope it doesn't keep you up late Kori.

Wait, wtf am I talking about :lol

JoeChalupa
01-01-2009, 01:34 AM
Silent around here.

MiamiHeat
01-01-2009, 01:49 AM
i would never call the cops like that

if you really had a problem with it, go ask them personally, but calling the cops? lame

phyzik
01-01-2009, 02:29 AM
Well, it was quite tonight except I heard just a few about 2 blocks away, maybe some black-cats but thats about it.

RashoFan
01-01-2009, 03:41 AM
Only saw 1 aerial rocket...nothing else. Just got back from a accident....one car rear ended another...no injuries...
Good start for 2009...:tu