PDA

View Full Version : End of the year Western Conf. rankings

SpursDynasty
12-31-2008, 05:00 PM
Rankings are based on how each of the top 9 seeds in the West have fared against each other. Utah is included because they will be a playoff team by the end of the regular season, and Portland or Houston won't.

1. Spurs (20-11) - To start the season injury-ridden and still be 20-11 says a lot about this team that has won 3 of the last 6 NBA championships. We are 5-6 vs. the top 9 Western Conference teams. Not too bad once you take injuries and bullshit losses into account. Utah has had injuries, but once you factor in the Spurs injuries, it evens out so we can count our win against Utah as significant.

This team is a lot better than its record indicates. What if Duncan's 3 to tie the game with 8 seconds left in our season opener vs. Phoenix goes in? What if Finley's would-be game-winning shot at the end of the Portland game goes in? What if Duncan's shot to tie it with 5 seconds to go in the first meeting with Milwaukee goes in? What if we hold on to our lead in the 4th against the Hornets, and not let David West hit some bullshit jumpers in the 4th? What if Duncan's shot last night, also with about 5 seconds to go that would have tied it against Milwaukee, goes in? We've had at least those 5 bullshit losses this season, we could be 25-6 right now if things went our way.

2. Hornets (19-9) - I'm still undecided on whether these guys are contenders. They have lost twice to the Lakers, a team that everyone should be beating easily. But they are 6-4 vs. the top 9 records in the West, so for now I rank them as the 2nd best team in the West. But still, they looked downright pathetic vs. the Lakers and then the Magic on Christmas day. Losing to Orlando, they shouldn't even DESERVE to make the playoffs just for that. Oh well.

3. Jazz (19-14) - I put these guys here because I don't think any other team in the league has faced the injuries that these guys have, yet they are 5-3 vs. the top 9 Western Conference teams. Boozer has missed 21 games, Deron Williams has missed 13, and Okur has missed 8. For them to still be 19-14 after 33 games is remarkable. No one outside of SA is messing with this team if they get healthy at least by the second half of the season. Also, I put them here for kicking Portland's pretender ass twice already. Good job Utah.

4. Lakers (25-5) - I only put them this high because they are 10-0 vs. the top 9 Western Conference teams. Losses to the Pacers, Kings, Heat, and Magic don't help and show that this team can easily fold once calls don't go their way. And this is a team that's been fully healthy (their starters and key guys, not scrubs like Jordan Farmar or whoever) all season, so even though they are 10-0 vs. the top 9 West teams, it's because other teams have had injuries. They haven't had to face the Spurs or Jazz yet. Get ready Lakers, you will have to earn your wins vs. those two teams, not get handed victories by playing against bullshit defense.

5. Suns (18-12) - These guys probably shouldn't be this high, but I give them props for also beating the Blazers twice. They've also had some adjusting to do with the Richardson trade and Bell and Diaw on the way out, so a 5-9 record against the the top 9 West teams is excusable for now. Not much else to say other than a team with Steve Nash, Amare, and Shaq should probably be a better team than this right now since they supposedly aren't a run and gun jump shooting team anymore. The most losses against the top 9 West teams, they should be happy I'm ranking them this high.

6. Nuggets (20-12) - I haven't really kept track of their record before and after the Billups trade. They looked pretty solid after the Billups trade, though I haven't watched them much. Losing to the Lakers twice gets them this low ranking though, even with a 20-12 overall record, 5-8 against the top 9 West teams. They did beat Boston, which helps.

7. Mavericks (19-12) - Again, another team that is back and forth, sucking one night then coming back from a 29 point deficit the next night. Josh Howard needs to go. Stackhouse won't even play, and Jason Terry is an idiot. I don't see much hope for this team other than probably getting the 7th seed and a rematch with the Hornets in the first round. This team only shows up to play against the Spurs. Oh well, at least they are good for thriller games once in a while. Only 4-7 vs. the top 9 West teams.

8. Blazers (20-12) - I honestly don't see what the big deal about this team is. As much as everyone has been talking about them, it's a a team that's been fully healthy for 99% of the season, yet they are only 5-8 vs. the top 9 West teams. They lost to the Lakers (if you lose to the Lakers, you're not good, right?), twice to the Suns, and twice to the Jazz. They've also lost to the Hornets, Nuggets, and Mavericks. Yeah, not so sure about this team. 8th seed at best and a first round sweep loss. I don't care if they beat the Celtics or if LaMarcus Aldridge cheap shotted Garnett from behind, this team is and always will be soft. If I was a Portland fan I'd rather see Rasheed and the "Jail Blazers" of old, not this Greg Oden and Brandon Roy softy team.

9. Rockets (20-12) - So now McGrady is going to sit out of half of back-to-backs? I've never heard anything as ridiculous in my life. McGrady, aside from LeBron James and Dwight Howard, is the single most overrated athlete to ever set foot on a basketball court. I would take Jacque Vaughan, Muggsy Bogues, or Cherokee Parks before McGrady on my team. This team has to be the biggest letdown in the NBA for their fans. For Houston fans, going up 2-0 in the playoffs doesn't matter because they know their team will choke it away as in 2005 and 2007. Winning 22 straight doesn't matter because they know their team will get owned by Utah again in the playoffs. What is there to look forward to for Rocket fans? I almost feel bad for them, but not for the actual team other than Brent Barry. To go from a contender to a lottery team has to suck. What were they thinking signing Ron Artest? And now they sign a 42 year old player? For what? To give advice to rookies? Nothing personal against Houston, but they shouldn't even be allowed in the NBA.

resistanze
12-31-2008, 05:03 PM
:toast Happy New Year!

YellowFever
12-31-2008, 05:03 PM
This list is stupid.

Whichever team that makes some shots and grabs some rebounds will win.

Findog
12-31-2008, 05:06 PM
Any team can shoot some shots, pass some passes, set some screens and make some backdoor cuts.

Red Hawk #21
12-31-2008, 05:07 PM
Lol

resistanze
12-31-2008, 05:07 PM
This thread isn't about shooting some shots. It's about the Rockets who apparently shouldn't be allowed in the NBA.

Red Hawk #21
12-31-2008, 05:08 PM
SpursDynasty is a legend

YellowFever
12-31-2008, 05:08 PM
Any team can shoot some shots, pass some passes, set some screens and make some backdoor cuts.

And stay away from the bullshit losses...

Lakers_55
12-31-2008, 05:10 PM
You're slipping SpursDyansty, you have never ranked the Lakers this high.

Allanon
12-31-2008, 05:16 PM
They have lost twice to the Lakers, a team that everyone should be beating easily.

This shit is gold.

But you're getting soft on the Lakers, a Top 5 team?

lil_penny
12-31-2008, 05:20 PM
great list.. honestly it cant any any more accurate than what you posted. glad to see a sports columnist who actually knows the game and studies each team before they post their B.s. rankings! you speak the truth and speak it well. spursdynasty once again delivers gold

lil_penny
12-31-2008, 05:22 PM
Nothing personal against Houston, but they shouldn't even be allowed in the NBA.

it honestly doesnt get any better than this, lmao!!!!!

JordanL
12-31-2008, 05:45 PM
I hope the Blazers eliminate the Spurs in the first round, just to see what SD does.

BlackSwordsMan
12-31-2008, 05:48 PM
good list

IronMexican
12-31-2008, 06:35 PM
SDwith solid gold today.

Many PackYao
12-31-2008, 06:43 PM
Originally Posted by SpursDynasty http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/Style_Templates/Flashskin/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2996537#post2996537)
Nothing personal against Houston, but they shouldn't even be allowed in the NBA.

it honestly doesnt get any better than this, lmao!!!!!
yup!!:lmao

TheNextGen
12-31-2008, 07:13 PM
SpursDynasty is a legend

This thread isnt about Spursdynasty

mrspurs
12-31-2008, 07:18 PM
There went something.

Chieflion
12-31-2008, 11:36 PM
I think SpursDynasty is on to something. He said the Hornets losing to the Magic does not help their case, but the Spurs lost to the Magic too.

endrity
01-01-2009, 01:23 PM
I think SpursDynasty is on to something. He said the Hornets losing to the Magic does not help their case, but the Spurs lost to the Magic too.

Yes but it was a bullshit loss, the Magic just made some shots and grabbed some rebounds, nothing special.

Roxsfan
01-01-2009, 02:07 PM
9. Rockets (20-12) - So now McGrady is going to sit out of half of back-to-backs? I've never heard anything as ridiculous in my life. McGrady, aside from LeBron James and Dwight Howard, is the single most overrated athlete to ever set foot on a basketball court. I would take Jacque Vaughan, Muggsy Bogues, or Cherokee Parks before McGrady on my team. This team has to be the biggest letdown in the NBA for their fans. For Houston fans, going up 2-0 in the playoffs doesn't matter because they know their team will choke it away as in 2005 and 2007. Winning 22 straight doesn't matter because they know their team will get owned by Utah again in the playoffs. What is there to look forward to for Rocket fans? I almost feel bad for them, but not for the actual team other than Brent Barry. To go from a contender to a lottery team has to suck. What were they thinking signing Ron Artest? And now they sign a 42 year old player? For what? To give advice to rookies? Nothing personal against Houston, but they shouldn't even be allowed in the NBA.

Ok dipshit, using your logic-the rockets have had their fair share of injuries to start for Battier, Mac, Barry, Alston, Artest,and Brooks along with some bullshit calls that take Yao out of the game and we are essentially a 26-6 team. 26-6 with injured players and stern's mafia boys calling pussy tic-tack fouls on Yao to take away our advantage while allowing everyone to hack Yao.

11-4-08 vs Boston L 99-103 (Yao went to the bench with his second foul with 6:35 left in the quarter and the Celtics went on a 15-4 run)

11-6-08 @ Portland L 99-101 (bullshit near 1/2 court fluke roy 3pter)

11-14-08@ San Antonio L 75-77 (Rox played down to a depleted shit team. We got revenge sans mac against a healthy spurs team 2 wks l8r: 19 point win :lmao)

11-26-08 vs Indiana L 90-91 (rox relaxed and gave up a 10 pt lead)

12-23 @ Cleveland L 90-99 (Refs sat Yao down for 3Qs-stern's mafia-move)

12-29 vs Washington L 87-89 (rox played down to a shit team)

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-01-2009, 03:16 PM
Yes but it was a bullshit loss, the Magic just made some shots and grabbed some rebounds, nothing special.

:lmao

ElNono
01-01-2009, 04:40 PM
Jan 14th Duncan and his band of Scrubs will get tea bagged by the Lakers. WE should sweep the series easy... just like were doing the Hornets.

I know you'll be all over SpursDynasty if the Lakers win then, but if they get tea bagged by the Spurs, are you gonna come back and give SpursDynasty his props?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-01-2009, 06:08 PM
Jan 14th Duncan and his band of Scrubs will get tea bagged by the Lakers. WE should sweep the series easy... just like were doing the Hornets.

Hornets are a joke, they aren't contenders regardless of what their record says. They're a bad version of the 2007 Suns.

SpursDynasty
01-01-2009, 06:43 PM
Ok dipshit, using your logic-the rockets have had their fair share of injuries to start for Battier, Mac, Barry, Alston, Artest,and Brooks along with some bullshit calls that take Yao out of the game and we are essentially a 26-6 team. 26-6 with injured players and stern's mafia boys calling pussy tic-tack fouls on Yao to take away our advantage while allowing everyone to hack Yao.

11-4-08 vs Boston L 99-103 (Yao went to the bench with his second foul with 6:35 left in the quarter and the Celtics went on a 15-4 run)

11-6-08 @ Portland L 99-101 (bullshit near 1/2 court fluke roy 3pter)

11-14-08@ San Antonio L 75-77 (Rox played down to a depleted shit team. We got revenge sans mac against a healthy spurs team 2 wks l8r: 19 point win :lmao)

11-26-08 vs Indiana L 90-91 (rox relaxed and gave up a 10 pt lead)

12-23 @ Cleveland L 90-99 (Refs sat Yao down for 3Qs-stern's mafia-move)

12-29 vs Washington L 87-89 (rox played down to a shit team)

Boston, Portland, SA, Indiana, Cleveland, and Washington are all better teams than Houston. Whether Houston was injured or not, they still would have lost these games. All these 6 teams just went out and took care of business. Shane Battier, Brent Barry, Rafer Alston, Ron Artest, and Aaron Brooks are far from being key players whose injuries actually matter...so, whether those guys are in or not doesn't matter. Yao has been healthy all year. Too bad he's the worst 7'6" player in the world. Tracy McGrady's injuries don't matter either. And if they did, he still is only playing one out of two on back-to-back sets now.

Yeah, this Houston team is missing the playoffs. I'm not trash talking, they weren't expected to make the playoffs, so I can't trash talk about something that was going to happen anyway. That's like trash-talking the Oklahoma City Thunder.

TheMACHINE
01-01-2009, 06:57 PM
too much Lakers love. Im very disspointed in you SD.

j-money24
01-01-2009, 09:04 PM
[/b]

Boston, Portland, SA, Indiana, Cleveland, and Washington are all better teams than Houston. Whether Houston was injured or not, they still would have lost these games. All these 6 teams just went out and took care of business. Shane Battier, Brent Barry, Rafer Alston, Ron Artest, and Aaron Brooks are far from being key players whose injuries actually matter...so, whether those guys are in or not doesn't matter. Yao has been healthy all year. Too bad he's the worst 7'6" player in the world. Tracy McGrady's injuries don't matter either. And if they did, he still is only playing one out of two on back-to-back sets now.

Yeah, this Houston team is missing the playoffs. I'm not trash talking, they weren't expected to make the playoffs, so I can't trash talk about something that was going to happen anyway. That's like trash-talking the Oklahoma City Thunder.

I got a question SpursDynasty
whos the better team, Oklahoma City Thunder or the Houston Rockets ?

j-money24
01-01-2009, 09:08 PM
according to SD, whoever loses to the lakers than they automatically SUCK, 1/3 in the season and already 25 teams out of 30 teams Are offically a bad team and not contenders which also includes the Boston Celtics.

SpursDynasty
01-01-2009, 09:09 PM
I got a question SpursDynasty
whos the better team, Oklahoma City Thunder or the Houston Rockets ?

It's hard to say. OKC suffers from having to be an Oklahoma team with a terrible name. Kind of like the Charlotte Bobcats. If they were the Oklahoma City Sonics they might be a better team. But I will go ahead and say this right now: The Thunder will beat Houston on January 9.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
01-01-2009, 09:14 PM
And I thought I had an anti-Laker bias.....

j-money24
01-01-2009, 09:16 PM
It's hard to say. OKC suffers from having to be an Oklahoma team with a terrible name. Kind of like the Charlotte Bobcats. If they were the Oklahoma City Sonics they might be a better team. But I will go ahead and say this right now: The Thunder will beat Houston on January 9.

Rocket Fans, i hope you guys remember that ..
SD taking over ..

Double-Up
01-01-2009, 10:01 PM
Rocket Fans, i hope you guys remember that ..
SD taking over ..

We will...and when the time comes he'll have his head in his ass like usual hiding far far away from the GARM.

SpursDynasty
01-01-2009, 10:15 PM
I've said this many times before, I have nothing personal against Houston. They're just not a good team.

If I say Oklahoma City, Minnesota, Sacramento, Washington, and the Clippers are bad teams, it's nothing personal against them. They're bad teams. So if I say Houston is a bad team, not sure why some people think it's a personal attack against them.

So when the Thunder and Rockets play, it'll be 2 bad teams playing each other, and I think the Thunder will win. Not for any specific reason, other than the Thunder are younger and healthier than Houston. So, a bad and healthy team against a bad and unhealthy team. Nothing personal against either team.

m33p0
01-02-2009, 12:23 AM
:lmao :lol

Ditty
01-02-2009, 01:57 AM
houston sucks nuff said

the cowboys of the nba

Roxsfan
01-02-2009, 02:41 PM
[/B]

fuck you asshole motherfucker:rolleyes

Roxsfan
01-02-2009, 02:42 PM
houston sucks nuff said

the cowboys of the nba

fuck you puto. fucking puto noob.

Darrin
01-02-2009, 02:57 PM
1. LA Lakers
2. Denver
3. San Antonio
4. New Orleans
5. Phoenix
6. Portland
7. Utah
8. Houston

Double-Up
01-02-2009, 03:53 PM
I've said this many times before, I have nothing personal against Houston. They're just not a good team.

If I say Oklahoma City, Minnesota, Sacramento, Washington, and the Clippers are bad teams, it's nothing personal against them. They're bad teams. So if I say Houston is a bad team, not sure why some people think it's a personal attack against them.

So when the Thunder and Rockets play, it'll be 2 bad teams playing each other, and I think the Thunder will win. Not for any specific reason, other than the Thunder are younger and healthier than Houston. So, a bad and healthy team against a bad and unhealthy team. Nothing personal against either team.

How old ARE you?? Or maybe your just another one of those mentally challenged persons trying to use the internet...

:ihit

dirk4mvp
01-02-2009, 04:49 PM
Is is funny that rocketfans are still getting raped by SD? They're the only fanbase to still get face sprayed by him.

LEONARD
01-02-2009, 06:35 PM
Rankings are based on how each of the top 9 seeds in the West have fared against each other. Utah is included because they will be a playoff team by the end of the regular season, and Portland or Houston won't.

1. Spurs (20-11) - To start the season injury-ridden and still be 20-11 says a lot about this team that has won 3 of the last 6 NBA championships. We are 5-6 vs. the top 9 Western Conference teams. Not too bad once you take injuries and bullshit losses into account. Utah has had injuries, but once you factor in the Spurs injuries, it evens out so we can count our win against Utah as significant.

This team is a lot better than its record indicates. What if Duncan's 3 to tie the game with 8 seconds left in our season opener vs. Phoenix goes in? What if Finley's would-be game-winning shot at the end of the Portland game goes in? What if Duncan's shot to tie it with 5 seconds to go in the first meeting with Milwaukee goes in? What if we hold on to our lead in the 4th against the Hornets, and not let David West hit some bullshit jumpers in the 4th? What if Duncan's shot last night, also with about 5 seconds to go that would have tied it against Milwaukee, goes in? We've had at least those 5 bullshit losses this season, we could be 25-6 right now if things went our way.

2. Hornets (19-9) - I'm still undecided on whether these guys are contenders. They have lost twice to the Lakers, a team that everyone should be beating easily. But they are 6-4 vs. the top 9 records in the West, so for now I rank them as the 2nd best team in the West. But still, they looked downright pathetic vs. the Lakers and then the Magic on Christmas day. Losing to Orlando, they shouldn't even DESERVE to make the playoffs just for that. Oh well.

3. Jazz (19-14) - I put these guys here because I don't think any other team in the league has faced the injuries that these guys have, yet they are 5-3 vs. the top 9 Western Conference teams. Boozer has missed 21 games, Deron Williams has missed 13, and Okur has missed 8. For them to still be 19-14 after 33 games is remarkable. No one outside of SA is messing with this team if they get healthy at least by the second half of the season. Also, I put them here for kicking Portland's pretender ass twice already. Good job Utah.

4. Lakers (25-5) - I only put them this high because they are 10-0 vs. the top 9 Western Conference teams. Losses to the Pacers, Kings, Heat, and Magic don't help and show that this team can easily fold once calls don't go their way. And this is a team that's been fully healthy (their starters and key guys, not scrubs like Jordan Farmar or whoever) all season, so even though they are 10-0 vs. the top 9 West teams, it's because other teams have had injuries. They haven't had to face the Spurs or Jazz yet. Get ready Lakers, you will have to earn your wins vs. those two teams, not get handed victories by playing against bullshit defense.

5. Suns (18-12) - These guys probably shouldn't be this high, but I give them props for also beating the Blazers twice. They've also had some adjusting to do with the Richardson trade and Bell and Diaw on the way out, so a 5-9 record against the the top 9 West teams is excusable for now. Not much else to say other than a team with Steve Nash, Amare, and Shaq should probably be a better team than this right now since they supposedly aren't a run and gun jump shooting team anymore. The most losses against the top 9 West teams, they should be happy I'm ranking them this high.

6. Nuggets (20-12) - I haven't really kept track of their record before and after the Billups trade. They looked pretty solid after the Billups trade, though I haven't watched them much. Losing to the Lakers twice gets them this low ranking though, even with a 20-12 overall record, 5-8 against the top 9 West teams. They did beat Boston, which helps.

7. Mavericks (19-12) - Again, another team that is back and forth, sucking one night then coming back from a 29 point deficit the next night. Josh Howard needs to go. Stackhouse won't even play, and Jason Terry is an idiot. I don't see much hope for this team other than probably getting the 7th seed and a rematch with the Hornets in the first round. This team only shows up to play against the Spurs. Oh well, at least they are good for thriller games once in a while. Only 4-7 vs. the top 9 West teams.

8. Blazers (20-12) - I honestly don't see what the big deal about this team is. As much as everyone has been talking about them, it's a a team that's been fully healthy for 99% of the season, yet they are only 5-8 vs. the top 9 West teams. They lost to the Lakers (if you lose to the Lakers, you're not good, right?), twice to the Suns, and twice to the Jazz. They've also lost to the Hornets, Nuggets, and Mavericks. Yeah, not so sure about this team. 8th seed at best and a first round sweep loss. I don't care if they beat the Celtics or if LaMarcus Aldridge cheap shotted Garnett from behind, this team is and always will be soft. If I was a Portland fan I'd rather see Rasheed and the "Jail Blazers" of old, not this Greg Oden and Brandon Roy softy team.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/187/399378038_ed2986e3e5.jpg

Ditty
01-02-2009, 08:55 PM
fuck you puto. fucking puto noob.

chupa mela puta

NuGGeTs-FaN
01-03-2009, 10:02 AM
i dont think the Jazz will be getting the 3rd seed. Sure they have had injuries but their schedule has been the 2nd easiest in the West.

It's crazy that its not even half way through the season but the 10th seed in the West is already 8.5 games behind 9th. The gap will likely only get bigger. The only question is who ends up missing out.

Chieflion
01-03-2009, 10:11 AM
i dont think the Jazz will be getting the 3rd seed. Sure they have had injuries but their schedule has been the 2nd easiest in the West.

It's crazy that its not even half way through the season but the 10th seed in the West is already 8.5 games behind 9th. The gap will likely only get bigger. The only question is who ends up missing out.

Quite true. However, your Nuggets are not playing that well. They are playing .500 ball the past 10 games. I would love to see the new look Nuggets make the playoffs.:toast

NuGGeTs-FaN
01-03-2009, 10:20 AM
The 5-5 record is a bit deceiving. They beat the Mavs and then lost 3 in a row to good teams, they split a b2b series with the Blazers and are 4-1 since then.

The Nuggets problem is beating the good teams but that will come as they gel more with Billups and as Melo hopefully heals a little.

They have had the 10th toughest schedule in the league and the 4th toughest in the West, and yet they are 22-12 and only percentage points out of 3rd.

The Nuggets have 7 straight at home now and i think they only play 3 road games in the next 14 games. It will be a test to see if they can a boost at home

Double-Up
01-03-2009, 11:02 AM
Is is funny that rocketfans are still getting raped by SD? They're the only fanbase to still get face sprayed by him.

Why would he waste his time with the Mavs? Everyone already knows where they rank. What all-star are you gonna give away this year? :lol

Shank
01-03-2009, 12:09 PM
Why would he waste his time with the Mavs? Everyone already knows where they rank. What all-star are you gonna give away this year? :lol

What?

san antonio spurs
01-03-2009, 12:19 PM
WTF with these rox fans killing a thread they are supposed to kill?

LEONARD
04-03-2009, 09:31 AM

Nostradamus...

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
04-03-2009, 12:46 PM
I bet you anything that SD still has the Lakers at the 5th spot in his power rankings.