PDA

View Full Version : OMG: The worst Lakers homer ever (unless she was being sarcastic)

lefty
12-31-2008, 06:56 PM
Fixed Lakers games? Here’s proof

June 11th, 2008, 11:00 am · Post a Comment · posted by KEITH SHARON, OCREGISTER.COM
I love a good conspiracy.

I, for instance, believe that the moon landing was faked. If you look closely at the government-sponsored footage of the “event,” you can plainly see that it isn’t really an astronaut taking one small step for man. I have good, embedded government sources who tell me that it is really an actor on a soundstage in Pacoima. And that actor’s name was Orenthal James Simpson. If you look closely at the “space walk” video, you can clearly see Bruno Magli shoe prints on the moon.

Anyway, today’s conspiracy — NBA officials fixing games — appears to be, after exhaustive research, 100 percent true. NBA referees have worked in tandem for years with league officials to ensure the league-favored outcomes of games.

And, you might ask, why?

Because they all hate the Lakers.

Let me say that again. THEY ALL HATE THE LAKERS. Despite the large market, the television ratings, the chance to show Jack Nicholson’s sunglasses more and more during the NBA Finals, THEY ALL HATE THE LAKERS.

It’s as clear as the makeup on David Stern’s face.

Recent evidence:

2007, first round, Western Conference playoffs
Check out these numbers: 70 to 45. That’s the number of free throws the Phoenix Suns shot to the number of free throws the Lakers shot in pivotal Games 4 and 5 of the series. The Suns won them both and knocked the Lakers out.

2006, first round, Western Conference playoffs
Since the NBA hates Kobe and wants America’s team — the Phoenix Suns — to advance in the playoffs, league officials obviously encouraged the referees to call 30 fouls on the Lakers in pivotal Game 6. With the Lakers leading the series, 3-2, the refs call six fouls and disqualify Smush Parker (who happens to guard league MVP Steve Nash), five on Sasha, four on Kobe, four on Kwame and four on Walton. The Lakers are defenseless against this rigging. The Suns make 25 of 29 free throws and win the game by eight. The Suns go on to win Game 7 and give the league what it wants, a Phoenix-Dallas matchup in the Western Conference Finals.

Lakers don’t make the playoffs, meaning the league obviously fixed the entire regular season.

2004, NBA Finals
Once again, the league wants a short series — obviously in a short series it isn’t as easy to spot the game-fixing that’s going on. And when the NBA wants a short series, guess what happens? The Detroit Pistons beat the Lakers in five games. With the series tied, 1-1, the league secretly meets with the refs, compelling them to give the Pistons 110 free throws over the final three games to the Lakers’ 68. Over those last three games, the Pistons beat the Lakers by a margin of 41 points. How many more free throws did the Pistons shoot? Forty-two. You figure it out.

2003, Western Conference semifinals
With the entire world pulling for the San Antonio Spurs (NBA officials obviously wanted to go to the Alamo and help find Pee Wee Herman’s bike during the Finals), the Lakers didn’t cooperate. They had the series tied, 2-2, before the league/refs stole Game 5. In that pivotal contest, the Lakers shot nine fewer free throws than the Spurs … EVEN THOUGH THE SPURS WERE TRYING TO FOUL. The Spurs fouled Shaq seven times, officially. Kobe got to the line only twice in the entire game. The Spurs won Game 5, 96-94. Then, in Game 6, the Lakers figured out the fix was in. Knowing there was nothing they could do, they lost by 28.

What more evidence do you need?

http://74.125.45.132/search?q=cache:pAOqqaBI3asJ:lakers.freedomblogging .com/2008/06/11/fixed-lakers-games-heres-proof/+spurs+lakers+january+14+2009+referees&hl=fr&ct=clnk&cd=9&gl=ca

mrspurs
12-31-2008, 07:00 PM
Alright

Quiet Strength
12-31-2008, 07:03 PM
NBA officials obviously wanted to go to the Alamo and help find Pee Wee Herman’s bike during the Finals

:lol

Bender
12-31-2008, 07:06 PM
she?

spursfan09
12-31-2008, 07:41 PM
:lol at the world pulling for the Spurs

Double :lol

Chieflion
12-31-2008, 07:50 PM
I would consider Kobe Bryant the greatest to play if he could bring a bunch of scrubs to the playoffs in 2005. Cause Jordan sure as hell did not make the playoffs without Pippen.
I want to see how Kobe would get Odom into the playoffs.

daslicer
12-31-2008, 08:08 PM
Actually MJ did take the bulls to the playoffs I think about 3 times in the 80's without Pippen. I think in '85 they played the bucks and in '86 and '87 played the celtics twice. Pippen didn't come until the summer of '87.

Chieflion
12-31-2008, 08:13 PM
Actually MJ did take the bulls to the playoffs I think about 3 times in the 80's without Pippen. I think in '85 they played the bucks and in '86 and '87 played the celtics twice. Pippen didn't come until the summer of '87.

Sorry, my bad. But he has a career losing record without Pippen. That record was quite bad.

tp2021
12-31-2008, 08:51 PM
Since the NBA hates Kobe and wants America’s team — the Phoenix Suns — to advance in the playoffs:lmao

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-31-2008, 08:54 PM
I think even the biggest Suns homer who blamed Stern for the Suns losing in 2007 would find this ridiculous. LA is so stupid. fuck that entire shit hole polluted city.

pawe
12-31-2008, 09:05 PM
This is the reason why you shouldnt do drugs.

T Park
12-31-2008, 09:19 PM
Keith has already accomplished his goal of getting attention.

baseline bum
12-31-2008, 09:20 PM
What more do y'all want? The article to be typed in blue?

lurker23
12-31-2008, 09:53 PM
What more do y'all want? The article to be typed in blue?

Agreed, I think the first part of it makes it pretty clear that it's satire. Although I think using actual statistics that went against the Lakers for the sake of satire is pretty odd and ineffective.

lefty
12-31-2008, 10:14 PM
she?

It's L.A

You never know

Rogue
12-31-2008, 10:28 PM
Tim is the symbol of San Antonio but KB is just a mortal in LA where are living many real stars who are much brighter than KB. Most of the movie stars are living in LA and Kobe is just a kid compared to the movie stars like Nicholas Cage and Tom Cruise. That's probably why Shaq chose to leave LA in 04, Shaq wanna become a movie star after retiring but he can hardly draw any attention in LA where there are too many movie stars. Shaq has a remarkable gift for movies but it is still not enough for him to beat the movie stars, and he is too big to act as the normal people in the movies. The only role he can play in the movies is just professional basketball player as he is in the real life.
it's also feasible for him to play a role in "x-men" series movies, for sure his role is gonna be a mutant who has unlimited power.

kcplayboi_26
12-31-2008, 10:35 PM
I think even the biggest Suns homer who blamed Stern for the Suns losing in 2007 would find this ridiculous. LA is so stupid. fuck that entire shit hole polluted city.

that is rediculous, im done talkin bout that serious. amares fault, rules are rules oh well

lefty
01-01-2009, 12:53 AM
Tim is the symbol of San Antonio but KB is just a mortal in LA where are living many real stars who are much brighter than KB. Most of the movie stars are living in LA and Kobe is just a kid compared to the movie stars like Nicholas Cage and Tom Cruise. That's probably why Shaq chose to leave LA in 04, Shaq wanna become a movie star after retiring but he can hardly draw any attention in LA where there are too many movie stars. Shaq has a remarkable gift for movies but it is still not enough for him to beat the movie stars, and he is too big to act as the normal people in the movies. The only role he can play in the movies is just professional basketball player as he is in the real life.
it's also feasible for him to play a role in "x-men" series movies, for sure his role is gonna be a mutant who has unlimited power.

:wow

Lakers_55
01-01-2009, 01:15 AM
OJ Simpson actually did costar in a movie called Capricorn 1 in the late 70's as an astronaut who was forced to fake a landing on Mars. It's actually a decent movie and worth a look. Thanks for the post lefty, it was fun.

lefty
01-01-2009, 01:24 AM
OJ Simpson actually did costar in a movie called Capricorn 1 in the late 70's as an astronaut who was forced to fake a landing on Mars. It's actually a decent movie and worth a look. Thanks for the post lefty, it was fun.

No problem.

I liked OJ Simpson as an actor, especially in the " Naked Gun " series; he was funny as hell. :lol

That " Capricorn 1" movie, it rings a bell; I'll try to download it; tks

angelbelow
01-01-2009, 04:21 AM
It's L.A

You never know

:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

mrspurs
01-01-2009, 06:21 AM

:lol