PDA

View Full Version : What do you american think of my Chinese government?

Rapper
12-31-2008, 11:40 PM
Well, actually I am living in Macau China which is like Hong Kong China, these 2 cities are the special area in China. both of it have our own little governments who make any discussin don't need to consult with Mainland China government, which means these 2 governments are independent and different from China's government.

So you can see that Hong Kong, Macau are different, even if the language in these 2 cities, residents in these 2 places speak Cantonese and of course we know Mandarin, but we speak Cantonese all the time there.

back to the subject, Do you think that Mainland China's government is a good government? in China, citizens can't say anything against the government, if you did, you would get arrested by police and send you to prison .

On the other hand, the TV channels in China belong to government, every news needs to be check by the official before in Air.

So people in China are as good as gold except Hong Kong pepole and Mancnese

Clandestino
01-01-2009, 07:30 AM
Iran, N Korea, China....

Homeland Security
01-01-2009, 09:24 AM
I admire the ability of the Chinese to make lots of money for Western businessmen without having to extend all those annoying "rights" to the populace.

Rogue
01-01-2009, 09:34 AM
Your government? say you are the president of China?

PRC refers to "perfectly roasted chicken". :lmao:

Rohirrim
01-01-2009, 10:45 AM
I like how China doesn't give a shit about what the rest of the world says.

Rapper
01-01-2009, 12:49 PM
I like how China doesn't give a shit about what the rest of the world says.

At least I care too much about what the rest of the world says

boutons_
01-01-2009, 01:24 PM
I read that the govt, at least all local officials, are totally corrupt, screwing the poor people while enriching the riching people. Sounds familiar. :)

"Some animals are more equal than other animals"

China and Russia, with their Communist revolutions, have done nothing but exchange imperial authoritarianism for secular authoritarianism.

In the US, the capitalists and corps have captured the govt.

Rohirrim
01-01-2009, 03:39 PM
And yet if you work hard, educate yourself, and live an honest life you can still have an amazing prosperous life in the U.S.

It's so horrible Boutons.

ClingingMars
01-01-2009, 04:12 PM
And yet if you work hard, educate yourself, and live an honest life you can still have an amazing prosperous life in the U.S.

It's so horrible Boutons.

it's ok, he just feels like everything should be given on a fucking silver platter. you just gotta ignore 'em.

-Mars

boutons_
01-01-2009, 05:08 PM
I said nothing about individual initiative, motherfuckers.

That said, for most people, 4-year college is the first step to a decent job, but 4-year colleges are pricing themselves of reach for many people, esp the bottom half.

And those who do go to college are often exiting with $100K in debt.

Upward mobility is pretty much dead in USA for the bottom half.

You could look it up.

Avitus1
01-01-2009, 05:33 PM
Whenever I think of how the Chinese Government treats its people one image comes to mind...

http://www.photosfan.com/images/tank-man-tiananmen-square-19891.jpg

Nbadan
01-01-2009, 06:02 PM
And yet if you work hard, educate yourself, and live an honest life you can still have an amazing prosperous life in the China

...what was the point again?

Nbadan
01-01-2009, 06:05 PM
I said nothing about individual initiative, motherfuckers.

That said, for most people, 4-year college is the first step to a decent job, but 4-year colleges are pricing themselves of reach for many people, esp the bottom half.

And those who do go to college are often exiting with $100K in debt.

Upward mobility is pretty much dead in USA for the bottom half.

You could look it up.

College is still affordable, especially if you start off at one of the local community colleges and work your way up to a University...but you'll have to work your way through...no free rides... (like some students that get scholarships at the finest schools)....

Nbadan
01-01-2009, 06:08 PM
Whenever I think of how the Chinese Government treats its people one image comes to mind...

http://www.funnypictures.net.au/images/george-bush-and-lord-of-the-rings-wearing-the-one-1.jpg