PDA

View Full Version : keep the ball in your damn hands MANU!!!

RobinsontoDuncan
02-26-2005, 11:11 PM
7 turnovers in a close game all by himself, that is ridiculous, we should have traded him for Vince Carter when we had the chance!!!! (joke...kind of)

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
02-26-2005, 11:12 PM
He had a rough game, players have rough games

exstatic
02-26-2005, 11:16 PM
It was a weird play to call with that little time left. You could see that he was trying to get the ball to Tim, but they were "stacked" in line with the basket. He couldn't see, which caused the hesitation, and the steal. The play need to be drawn up with Manu closer to the sideline. Either that or a blind lob by Manu, which is muy risky.

T Park
02-26-2005, 11:21 PM
why didn't he just shoot the damn ball if Duncan was stacked.

MaNuMaNiAc
02-26-2005, 11:23 PM
7 turnovers in a close game all by himself, that is ridiculous, we should have traded him for Vince Carter when we had the chance!!!! (joke...kind of) No "kind of" about it, you are most definately kidding! Especially since it wasn't only Manu!! TP had 4 TO's and Tim had 5!!! Plus he had 16 points in 28 minutes, I'd call that a bad performance, but not a screw up!, get your head straight!

s_linds
02-26-2005, 11:47 PM
come on guy manu makes 15 great plays fro every bad play give him a break!!!

Ginofan
02-27-2005, 12:08 AM
I didn't get to see the game just listened to it, and even with just listening i wanted to strangle Manu. Just seemed he was having a very off game and turned it on in the 4th only to lose it at the last second. Maybe he should cut his hair like Tim and he'll resort to his old self again...;)

SequSpur
02-27-2005, 01:43 AM
Manu is a sloppy ass hot dog.

RobinsontoDuncan
02-27-2005, 09:38 AM
No "kind of" about it, you are most definately kidding! Especially since it wasn't only Manu!! TP had 4 TO's and Tim had 5!!! Plus he had 16 points in 28 minutes, I'd call that a bad performance, but not a screw up!, get your head straight!

stop being such a homer, 7 turnovers in one game is pathetic, espeially when 8 of his points came in the final seconds. No, I'm not saying Tim and Tony had great games, but Manu was horrible last night, absolutlty horrible.

Jimcs50
02-27-2005, 09:45 AM
Throwing the ball to the top of the key was oh sooo predictable, the Griz were all over that move. Why not repeat the Memorial Day Miracle inbounds pass to the corner to Barry or Manu, after a screen to free them??? They could have either driven baseline or shot the 3 ball. This was stupid, predictable play calling....

NameDropper
02-27-2005, 10:01 AM
Damn, I bet none of you have ever made a bad play. Manu is a true NBA star and name one who hasn't had a bad game or a bad play.

That's what I thought.

Jimcs50
02-27-2005, 10:04 AM
I am not faulting Manu, I am faulting the play calling. Manu tried to pass to TD, whick Battier knew he would, he reached his hand out and tipped the pass...it was all too obvious.

Show some originality!!

orhe
02-27-2005, 10:17 AM
yeah, the play was weird too. if TD received that pass he'll be hard pressed to make a move... i don't think that was a great play for so little time.

1Parker1
02-27-2005, 10:40 AM
$20 bucks says that if Tony Parker had 7 TO's and made the same mistakes Manu did, this forum would be all over him and saying that we should have gotten Kidd when we had the chance :)

Jimcs50
02-27-2005, 11:19 AM
$20 bucks says that if Tony Parker had 7 TO's and made the same mistakes Manu did, this forum would be all over him and saying that we should have gotten Kidd when we had the chance :)

Ok, you're on.

$20

smeagol
02-27-2005, 12:22 PM
Manu had one of the sloppiest games I have seen him play in a long time. He did came big in the fourth quarter, though.

Regarding his TOs, there were at least three that were not entirely his fault. (i) An inside pass to TD that, IIRC, either Cardinal or Battier stole, which the replay clearly shows that TD had caught the pass and the Grizzlie player snatched it from his (TD's) hands, (ii) a drive to the hoop were he got hammered by the defence (no call by the refs), and (iii) the last play (I blame this TO on Pop and his poor play selection).

He did through two dumb passes. The problem is that, if those passes are not intercepted, everybody says "What a great pass by Manu!". That's the risk we run playing Manu. Lately, more often than not, those passes reached the desired destiny. People have to learn to live with Manu's "sloppiness".

Again, he had a great fourth Q which helped keep the Spurs in the game.

SequSpur
02-27-2005, 12:30 PM
When is he going to validate his allstar selection? The next game on TNT?

weak.

ALVAREZ6
02-27-2005, 01:01 PM
Smeagol, I totally agree.

Manu does throw crazy passes every single game, but people are either going to say:
" what a dumb pass " or " HOLY F*CK how did he do that ? "

Manu does take risks, and I have the same problem in games. Sometimes it's not always his fault, but the player who is receiving the pass might not have came to the ball, or tried hard enough to save a turnover...depends on how you look at it.

slayermin
02-27-2005, 01:35 PM
Manu should have taken it to the basket on the last possession. He would have gotten fouled or tied it up.

RobinsontoDuncan
02-27-2005, 02:52 PM
No I disagree with both of the "Manu defenders" here, look I know you're both argentinian and he is your hero, but come on, 1parker1 is right, if this was any other player 7 turnovers would not be acceptable. Yeah we have all heard the "you have to take the good with the bad" about manu but in yesterday's game the bad outweighted the good, meaning Manu did just as much good for Memphis as he did for the Spurs.

MaNuMaNiAc
02-27-2005, 03:04 PM
No I disagree with both of the "Manu defenders" here, look I know you're both argentinian and he is your hero, but come on, 1parker1 is right, if this was any other player 7 turnovers would not be acceptable. Yeah we have all heard the "you have to take the good with the bad" about manu but in yesterday's game the bad outweighted the good, meaning Manu did just as much good for Memphis as he did for the Spurs.
I'm also american, jackass and I resent you trying to dismiss my argument by saying I'm a homer. My point was that EVERYONE except Tim had an off-game when it came to turnovers, Manu wasn't the only one. I mean yeah he had a bad game yesterday I'm not saying he didn't. All I said was that you were definately joking about the trading him part, 'cause otherwise you would be a moron.

Duncan21
02-27-2005, 03:06 PM
every player has an off day in every sport

RobinsontoDuncan
02-27-2005, 03:10 PM
for Vince Carter? the way he has been playing? That wouldn't make me a moron, and before you call me a jack ass why don't you look at that little flag next to your spur. Any how, saying that you like Manu because you are Argentinian, which if you aren't you should not have a flag, isn't rude and the fact that Tony had a good game, and plays the point which means he handles the ball a lot more and still had less turnovers negates your argument altogether. Face it, your boy played like shit yesterday and his bad decision cost us the game.

And ManuMania, let's not forget the well beaten path we have already gone down where you many times said Manu is more efficent than TP, where as last night prooved other wise.

MaNuMaNiAc
02-27-2005, 03:18 PM
for Vince Carter? the way he has been playing? That wouldn't make me a moron, and before you call me a jack ass why don't you look at that little flag next to your spur. Any how, saying that you like Manu because you are Argentinian, which if you aren't you should not have a flag, isn't rude and the fact that Tony had a good game, and plays the point which means he handles the ball a lot more and still had less turnovers negates your argument altogether. Face it, your boy played like shit yesterday and his bad decision cost us the game.

And ManuMania, let's not forget the well beaten path we have already gone down where you many times said Manu is more efficent than TP, where as last night prooved other wise.
That flag next to my spurs means I asked for that flag next to my spur, and nothing else. Don't go assuming shit please. Before you start yet another Manu vs. TP discussion JACKASS! lol Why do you keep saying Manu is MY boy?? shouldn't he be OUR boy. For christ sake, I'm not comparing either one so don't start that shit again. Yeah he played a bad game yesterday, I ALREADY SAID THAT!! and YES you would be moron for trading him for Vince. Aren't you the one that keeps saying Malik was backstabbed and we shouldn't have traded him EVEN THOUGH we did so for someone with better stats!!?? Before you start arguing shit, take a look at what you've written first, lest you look like a hipocrite.

smeagol
02-27-2005, 03:21 PM
RtD:

Maybe Manumania has dual citizenship.

As I said in my post, Manu had an altogether sloppy game. But I don't thinks all 7 TO are exclusively his fault (this is explained in my previous post).

Face it, your boy played like shit yesterday and his bad decision cost us the game.

Not true. It's far from Manu's fault we lost yesterday's game. where do you come up with such a conclusion? It was Manu who kept us IN the game in the 4th Q.

MaNuMaNiAc
02-27-2005, 03:35 PM
$20 bucks says that if Tony Parker had 7 TO's and made the same mistakes Manu did, this forum would be all over him and saying that we should have gotten Kidd when we had the chance :) TP had 4 TO's, not a good game by all accounts and noone is saying shit! YOU KNOW WHY?? 'cause we know he is a good player who has some off games but makes up for them with great performances. I think you are under the impression that people here hate TP, and I think you would be DEAD wrong, we wouldn't be here if it wasn't for TP.

Hook Dem
02-27-2005, 03:48 PM
I really don't understand anyone singling out a certain player for this loss. Basketball is a team sport where the Spurs are concerned. Would you rather have a ball hog like Marbury? Just ask Malik already! This team swims or sinks together . Last night, they sunk tohether. I'll take team basketball anyday! Blame the whole team if you must.

MaNuMaNiAc
02-27-2005, 03:51 PM
I really don't understand anyone singling out a certain player for this loss. Basketball is a team sport where the Spurs are concerned. Would you rather have a ball hog like Marbury? Just ask Malik already! This team swims or sinks together . Last night, they sunk tohether. I'll take team basketball anyday! Blame the whole team if you must.
I second this

Nikos
02-27-2005, 04:11 PM

Lets get this straight, Manu IS MORE EFFICIENT than TP. Plain and simple. Does it mean he is the better player? Not neccesarily, but so far this season Manu has been reasonably more efficient in his scoring. No 2-3 games of Manu throwing 5-6 TOs is going to change that. No matter how much you dislike losing.

RobinsontoDuncan
02-27-2005, 05:27 PM
Smeagol, he did get us back into it in the fourth, but his turnovers are the reason we were out of it in the first place. Yes I know Tim and TP had turnovers also, but Manu lost us the game with that turnover with 3.5 seconds left.

Yes it is a team sport, but for as many times as he touched the ball yesterday, 7 turnovers is just unacceptable.

We shall see if this is the last time he plays so poorly against Memphis, but anyway I put more blame on Manu because from my perspective, his mistakes were often stupid ones.

E20
02-27-2005, 05:31 PM
Who cares Timmy had 5 TO's let's trade him for a 5th round draft pick.

Egg
02-27-2005, 05:56 PM
Smeagol, he did get us back into it in the fourth, but his turnovers are the reason we were out of it in the first place. Yes I know Tim and TP had turnovers also, but Manu lost us the game with that turnover with 3.5 seconds left.

Yes it is a team sport, but for as many times as he touched the ball yesterday, 7 turnovers is just unacceptable.

We shall see if this is the last time he plays so poorly against Memphis, but anyway I put more blame on Manu because from my perspective, his mistakes were often stupid ones.

ohhh he had 2 more TO than TD!! OMG for christ sake!!!!!!! :rolleyes

first of all RtD, if parker had 7 TOs (I remember a game he had 6) a lot of people would point it out, but nobody would say that he was the reason the spurs lost the game...

so manu had a bad game, nobody is arguing that... isnt that enough?

PD: as Nikos said, no one can argue that manu is a more efficient scorer this season... just look at Adjusted FGs, PPS and other statistics and you'll see...

TMTTRIO
02-27-2005, 06:25 PM
Manu had a terrible game let's trade him :lol.

I know that Manu had a terrible game and I'm frustrated but how many players don't have bad games? Even our own Tim Duncan has had his share of bad games this season.

1Parker1
02-27-2005, 07:03 PM
but come on, 1parker1 is right.

Can I save this quote for future reference, Robinson2Duncan? :princess

BTW, the bets on Jim. :)

MaNuMaNiAc
02-27-2005, 07:12 PM

So what you're saying is you know it was the team's loss but you'll still blame Manu because of your irrational way of thinking. Glad to know who I'm arguing with.

RobinsontoDuncan
02-27-2005, 07:55 PM
Did the whole team get the ball stolen with 3.5 seconds left?

rob5
02-27-2005, 11:06 PM
robinsontoduncan...why so unfriendly about Manu..so he had a bad game..so what. All players have bad games after all they are human. Accept it and move on. You almost sound like you want him to have bad games.

RobinsontoDuncan
02-27-2005, 11:16 PM
Can I save this quote for future reference, Robinson2Duncan? :princess

Yeah, go ahead you're right a lot more than that guy from college station who hits on everyone in chat.

ducks
02-27-2005, 11:30 PM
robinsontoduncan...why so unfriendly about Manu..so he had a bad game..so what. All players have bad games after all they are human. Accept it and move on. You almost sound like you want him to have bad games.

he is mad at the spurs for trading rose
so he hates everything about spurs but still post here

RobinsontoDuncan
02-27-2005, 11:34 PM
I don't hate everything about the Spurs, I just though Manu had a bad game, I am always one of the first to praise him when he plays well, so why the fuck does everyone get so pissed if i call him out now?

You people act like Manu is some friggin god that can do no wrong, I never said that i dislike manu for christsake.

You need to wake up and realize that Manu can play poorly sometimes, and to point that out doesn't make me the equivleant of LakerGod or Wolves009 ok, I'm just saying he played like shit last night. Search the boards, you will find 1000+ other posts that say Manu is one of the best SG in the NBA from me.

ducks
02-27-2005, 11:40 PM
manu was one big reason spurs lost
he had 7 turnovers and spurs as a team had 23
he had almost 1/3 of them
manu has won games for spurs however

manu is not above being called out

RobinsontoDuncan
02-27-2005, 11:41 PM
thank you, at least some one on this board isn't a complete homer.

MaNuMaNiAc
02-27-2005, 11:46 PM
thank you, at least some one on this board isn't a complete homer.
I´m not a homer you idiot!! I´m not saying anything about not criticising Manu, I just critised you for even mentioning to trade him for Carter after one bad game.

waly.mg
02-28-2005, 09:05 AM
Facts:
1st Period
(10:03) [SAN 6-5] Ginobili Driving Layup: Made (2 PTS)

3rd Period:
(4:11) [SAN 52-55] Parker Jump Shot: Made (16 PTS)
(2:02) [SAN 58-57] Duncan Free Throw 2 of 2 (22 PTS)

4th Period
Spurs 24 Points
Manu Ginobili 14 Points
Tim Duncan 5 Points - 5 FT
Bruce Bowen 3 Points
Devin Brown 2 Points

All the Forth quarter was Manu Ginobili

The Points and the TO
Tony Parker: Well Thanks ĦĦĦĦĦĦĦĦĦ
4th Period
(11:11) [SAN] Parker Turnover: Lost Ball (3 TO) Steal: Watson (2 ST)
(9:33) [SAN] Parker Turnover: Lost Ball (4 TO) Steal: Posey (1 ST)
(8:12) [SAN] Parker Jump Shot: Missed
(4:26) [SAN] Parker Driving Layup: Missed
(3:45) [SAN] Parker Jump Shot: Missed
(0:40) [SAN] Parker Jump Shot: Missed

Manu:

4th Period
(10:54) [SAN 59-58] Ginobili Free Throw 1 of 2 (3 PTS)
(10:54) [SAN 60-58] Ginobili Free Throw 2 of 2 (4 PTS)
(7:44) [SAN 65-63] Ginobili Jump Shot: Made (7 PTS) Assist: Parker (5 AST)
(6:34) [SAN 66-65] Ginobili Free Throw 1 of 2 (8 PTS)
(6:34) [SAN 67-65] Ginobili Free Throw 2 of 2 (9 PTS)
(2:46) [SAN] Ginobili Turnover: Bad Pass (6 TO) Steal: Cardinal (3 ST)
(0:59) [SAN 74-77] Ginobili Free Throw 1 of 2 (10 PTS)
(0:59) [SAN 75-77] Ginobili Free Throw 2 of 2 (11 PTS)
(0:11) [SAN 79-81] Ginobili Driving Layup: Made (13 PTS)
(0:06) [SAN 82-83] Ginobili Jump Shot: Made (16 PTS)
(0:01) [SAN] Ginobili Turnover: Bad Pass (7 TO) Steal: Battier (1 ST)

Manu was Short, with 2 TO, but 100% from the Field and 100% from FT, with 7 points in the Last Minute. If you Say it´s Manu fault, OK, Manu can Work with that, but he never is going to hide himself

SpursChampsIII
02-28-2005, 10:15 AM
Let's make some free throws and we won't have this problem. Spurs are having a great season, but lack of concentration kills us sometimes.

ducks
02-28-2005, 10:21 AM
nice that manu actually showed up for the 4 but could not the rest of the game

smeagol
02-28-2005, 12:25 PM
Smeagol, he did get us back into it in the fourth, but his turnovers are the reason we were out of it in the first place.
Only Manu's TOs were the reason we were trailing throughout the game? C'mon!.

With all his poor ball handling last night, Manu was the reason we had any kind of chance of winning the game.

Yes I know Tim and TP had turnovers also, but Manu lost us the game with that turnover with 3.5 seconds left.
This statement contradicts your previous one. Here you say we lost the game because of Manu's last TO. Your previous statement says that Manu was the "reason we were out of it (the game) in the first place".

So basically you are saying that Manu, singlehandedly, lost the game for the Spurs. That seems a little tough on a guy who kept the Spurs in the game in the fourth Q and was the reason the SPurs had a chance of winning the game at all.

As I said before, some of those TOs were not his fault.

Agreed, some of his mistakes looked stupid. Although, as I said before, those plays (or mistakes), when they are executed correctly, are no longer mistakes but great plays.

Those kind of plays are the essence of Manu. And i hope that doesn't change.

Jimcs50
02-28-2005, 12:40 PM
Are we still arguing about that TO 2 days ago???

Comon, let's move on, shall we?