PDA

View Full Version : Living for ever

Rogue
01-01-2009, 09:22 AM
I have always been dreaming that I became a mutant that had the ability to stay young. Wolverine is able to heal immediately so he can delay his aging process, but it's still not possible for him to be alive for ever. Logan is just a novel role but he actually impired me on this front.

Aging is just a natural process, getting older is a natural priciple that no one can avoid. Is it our destiny to see the God someday? Some people wanna take off the date of their death, so they give up smoking and drinking, stop eatting those so-called garbage food which is rich in fat, sleeping regularly or even give up watching NBA games. However, I don't think it makes any difference to die right now or "die another day", they have to die sooner or later. I always want to do the bad things at first then I can enjoy myself doing the things I like, so when I am at table I always eat up the boiled eggs before starting enjoying the beef which is my favourite. But I can't transplant my eating habits to my life, 'cause no people can still do something after death.

Is death really inevitable? It appears to be inevitable because no one has ever escaped that. The world's oldest living man is just a little bit older than 130 which is just one tenth of the longest living turtle, but even the turtles still have the ends of their lives. Why the fuck should we face the death? Why the hell can't we change it a little bit? Some one may consider me crazy because they have never seen a man who can live a little bit longer than 200 years. The people of the 1940s and 50s would also considered me crazy if I told them than I was intending to have a travel to the moon, but human beings actually managed to do so several years later. As long as the human beings can change the world or even the universe, why the hell can't we change ourselves a little bit? We can't force a cock to lay an egg because it's against the natural law, but aging is a different issue.

Why the hell are we getting older year by year? I don't think it's the instinct functions of our cells, it definitely has something to do with our brain. Our brain accumulate the years we have come through and account the number, continually keep sending our cells kinda signals that make our cells descend gradually. Therefore, if we are concious enough to fully take control of our mind, controlling all the functions of our brain, then what may happen? We can even stop our hearts' pulse intentionally. More importantly we can stop our brain generating the damn things that make us older.

It's heartbreaking to see others gone, but we are keeping tracking them. People are teared at funerals because they know that they will be on the same way one day. However powerful a mutant is, even more powerful than magneto, he will be nothing in 100 years. We are keeping learning some foreign languages that weaken our skills of our first language, we spent 10 or even more years on a foreign language but we can just speak it for several decades. All our efforts are gonna be vain. It doesn't have to be this way because we can strive to control our brain and stop it making us aging. I can't guarantee that we are gonna live as long as the God, at least we should have a try. We don't have any evidence avalible to prove it, but we ourselves can be the evidence.

A dream is always a dream if we don't try it, and if we had never tried our dreams then we would still be living in the stone age.

Rohirrim
01-01-2009, 10:37 AM
OgK_keIJq-4

phyzik
01-01-2009, 06:14 PM
There are studies that show at a certain age the body stops "getting older". Its around 80 or so. At that point your body doesnt age anymore. The problem is that its so old at that point its eventually just going to give out.

I heard scientists are trying to figure out what causes the body to stop aging at that point and see if they can "flip the switch" earlier in life. So in essence and theory if they where able to do this, you could have a 30 year old body and you wouldnt ever die from natural causes as long as you took care of yourself.

E20
01-01-2009, 07:34 PM
o2whzJvvSLM

pawe
01-01-2009, 11:02 PM
population control

CharlieMac
01-01-2009, 11:03 PM
This earth is due for a good plague. Way too many people on teh freeways so it's cool.