Maximo Blanco vs Seigo Inoue
Hidetada Irie vs Minoru Kato

dallaskd
01-02-2009, 12:51 AM
King Mo is back! :fro

Evan
01-02-2009, 10:46 AM
Takanori Gomi vs Satoru Kitaoka

Wondering if he is a overrated flash in the pan. I'd like to see him get a dominating win.

Antonio Silva vs Yoshihiro Nakao

I hope he never plans to fight in Vegas or California again.

Evan
01-04-2009, 10:47 AM
Japanese MMA has had a real bad week.

Hidetada Irie d. Minoru Kato TKO (Punches) 2 4:21
2 Maximo Blanco d. Seigo Inoue KO (Stomps) 1 0:38
3 Mu Bae Choi d. Dave Herman TKO (Punches) 2 2:22
4 Eiji Mitsuoka d. Sergey Golyaev Submission (Armbar) 1 4:22
5 Antonio Silva d. Yoshihiro Nakao TKO (Knee Injury) 1 1:42
6 Muhammed d. Lawal Yukiya Naito TKO (Punches) 1 3:54
7 Sanae Kikuta d. Hidehiko Yoshida Decision (Split) 3 5:00
8 Jorge Santiago d. Kazuo Misaki Technical Submission (Rear-Naked Choke) 5 3:26
9 Satoru Kitaoka d. Takanori Gomi Submission (Achilles Lock) 1 1:41

Their big stars are falling real fast and kid yamamoto is nowhere in sight...he hasn't fought in over a year.

Silva better pray they actually pay him which is always doubtful since his sanctioned US career is likely over for another year or two. They don't take kindly to disobeying suspensions.

djohn14
01-04-2009, 11:12 AM
First off, let me say...I love King Mo...not like Cain Velasquez...but I want Dana to get him! Second, Satoshi Ishi was there and made an appearance. Can anyone confirm this, if so tell me what happened? Thanks!

Evan
01-04-2009, 11:22 AM
I read he was there...

I bet there is so much pressure for him to sign with a Japanese org I am not even close to being convinced he will fight for the UFC.

djohn14
01-04-2009, 12:03 PM
I read he was there...

I bet there is so much pressure for him to sign with a Japanese org I am not even close to being convinced he will fight for the UFC.

Well, I heard he addressed the crowd while wearing a UFC shirt...if that means anything.

Evan
01-04-2009, 04:25 PM
oh wow.....I didn't read that

dallaskd
01-04-2009, 05:38 PM
Gomi is done.

Evan
01-04-2009, 05:54 PM
Gomi is done.

He was a Japanese paper champion. Look at champions from PRIDE at their peak...its almost like they were trying to create a bad 80's martial arts movie like blood sport. A champion from every country.Some were real and some were bogus.

Gomi is done.

Japanese MMA is a close second...

djohn14
01-04-2009, 06:31 PM
Hey.....Blood Sport was a great movie!

Anyway....I found a writeup on it.

The mysterious start to Satoshi Ishi’s professional mixed martial arts career continued on Saturday in Japan at the Saitama Arena during Sengoku’s “Seventh Battle.”

Ishii entered the ring during the show’s intermission and was seen wearing a UFC t-shirt. After wishing the crowd a Happy New Year, the former judoka referred to himself as an MMA fighter. Ishii also took the opportunity to dispels rumors that Bob Sapp’s victory over the masked professional wrestler “Kinniku Mantaro” during FEG’s “Dynamite!!” event on New Year’s Eve was against him.

Some confusion was created by the loss because the role of Mantaro, a popular character within Japanese Anime, was played by Akihito Tanaka, who was a Olympic bronze medalist for Japan in freestyle wrestling.

Ishii closed the interview by re-stating his intentions to begin his career in the U.S. but vowed to return to Japan one day and intimated he would do so as a world champion.

The appearance was surprising because Ishii, a gold medal winner in judo while representing his native country of Japan during this past summer’s Olympic games in Beijing, at one point had reportedly signed with FEG’s DREAM promotion and was expected to appear at “Dynamite!!” Sengoku is considered to be a direct competitor to DREAM.

However, the deal between Ishii and DREAM apparently never became finalized as he would later be quoted as saying that he considered the UFC to be the top promotion in the world and it was his desire to compete there. Soon after the comments became public, UFC President Dana White invited Ishii to spend time in the United States during the New Year’s holiday in order to attend UFC 92 while also touring several of Las Vegas’ top MMA gyms.

Despite not having signed a contract with the UFC, the promotion still featured him on-camera several times during the Japanese feed of the UFC 92 pay-per-view. Soon after, a release was issued on UFC.com which proclaimed that “exclusive” negotiations had begun between both parties.

“Satoshi Ishii has the potential to be very successful in mixed martial arts,” White was quoted as saying. “We can’t wait to start working with Mr. Ishii, we look forward to helping him with his training, his career, and his eventual debut in a professional fight.”

To date, there have been no official reports that Ishii has formally signed with the UFC.

dallaskd
01-04-2009, 07:02 PM
I'd really like to see the UFC give Santiago another chance. Glad to see Misaki lose.

I wonder if King Mo could cut to LHW...

Blanco looked pretty Clay Guidaish

Pretty good card..but i would expect Sengoku to go past a 9th battle.

dallaskd
01-04-2009, 07:04 PM
Japanese MMA is a close second...

If Japanese MMA dies where will all the Jap fighters who only fight in Japan go? What about the freakshow fighters...you think they will just all go into Jap pro wrestling?

djohn14
01-04-2009, 07:16 PM
Id love to see Jorge back too. He has won and finished all of his fights since he left!!! Wanna petition Dana?

Evan
01-04-2009, 07:23 PM
If Japanese MMA dies where will all the Jap fighters who only fight in Japan go? What about the freakshow fighters...you think they will just all go into Jap pro wrestling?

The future of Japanese MMA is something like the Bob Sapp fight IMO. Its all about entertainment to them I think.

Evan
01-04-2009, 08:28 PM
^^^^^^^^^^honestly that isn't much of a prediction really so don't give me any credit when it comes true...

Pride goes away and then splinter groups pop up in Japan...ratings continue to fall as their champions lose..

And if the cream of the crop blue chip truly wants to fight in the UFC....thats all you need to know...

http://assets.sbnation.com/fan_shot_images/26389/ept_sports_mma_experts-577854337-1231072705.jpg

Satoshi Ishii shows off a UFC t-shirt at Sengoku 7. The judo gold medalist and aspiring mixed martial artist recently attended UFC 92, and has been in contract talks with the UFC.

BE^

djohn14
01-04-2009, 08:50 PM
Heres to ya Ishii!

LEONARD
01-05-2009, 09:37 AM
Gomi WTF...he did nothing up until the point he got submitted. They just danced around...

King Mo needs to get to the UFC...and Santiago should go back...

Gomi, Yoshida, and Misaki all lost...Sengoku is done...

I wonder if King Mo could cut to LHW..

He was 205 for his fight yesterday...92.8kg.

Evan
01-05-2009, 09:25 PM
King Mo

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&forum=1&thread=1396692&page=1