PDA

View Full Version : ESPN:Manning wins 3rd MVP award

xtremesteven33
01-02-2009, 11:51 AM
NEW YORK -- Peyton Manning has joined Brett Favre as the only three-time winners of The Associated Press NFL Most Valuable Player Award.

The Indianapolis Colts quarterback was a landslide winner Friday in balloting by a nationwide panel of 50 sports writers and broadcasters who cover the NFL. Manning also was the league MVP in 2003, when he shared it with Tennessee quarterback Steve McNair, and in 2004.

Favre, then with Green Bay, took MVP honors in 1995 and '96 before sharing it with Detroit running back Barry Sanders in 1997.

Manning received 32 votes, far ahead of Miami quarterback Chad Pennington and Atlanta running back Michael Turner.

Copyright 2009 by The Associated

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3805670

J.T.
01-02-2009, 11:55 AM
I'm sure ducks will be along shortly to tell us Rivers deserved the MVP

dirk4mvp
01-02-2009, 12:28 PM
I'm sure ducks will be along shortly to tell us Rivers deserved the MVP

He was the #1 rated qb after all.

romad_20
01-02-2009, 01:03 PM
I can't argue with it but I think Michael Turner should have gotten more votes. Any other position besides QB has to rewrite the record books to even be a front runner.

samikeyp
01-02-2009, 07:09 PM
:toast

jack sommerset
01-02-2009, 08:04 PM
Not much to choose from this year.

Reggie Miller
01-02-2009, 09:07 PM
Not much to choose from this year.

Manning has deserved the MVP and not won it before, so whatever man.

I am a Colts' fan and Indiana resident, and even I can make some strong arguments for others (like Ryan). Still, Indy doesn't make the playoffs and win 12 games with anyone else.

I'll be blunt. As a "finesse" and speed team, the Colts have been fairly lucky with injuries for many seasons. This season was the other shoe dropping. It was bound to happen. I really admire this Colts' team for rebounding and playing physical team defense with reserves.

bostonguy
01-03-2009, 12:24 AM
Props to Peyton. It is really hard to hate that guy. In fact I am a closet fan of his. His work ethic and humbleness makes me respect him even more. Im pulling for Indy in the AFC.

:lmao:lmao The latest master card commercial is my favorite. Hell I like all of his commercials. That fucker is a goofball.

J.T.
01-03-2009, 01:21 AM
Props to Peyton. It is really hard to hate that guy. In fact I am a closet fan of his. His work ethic and humbleness makes me respect him even more. Im pulling for Indy in the AFC.

:lmao:lmao The latest master card commercial is my favorite. Hell I like all of his commercials. That fucker is a goofball.

Can't say I would do the same if our teams traded positions right now. Takes some balls to root for an archrival. :toast

bostonguy
01-03-2009, 02:48 AM
Can't say I would do the same if our teams traded positions right now. Takes some balls to root for an archrival. :toast

I wouldnt blame nor expect you to. I hate the Fins, and I cant stand the Steelers (especially since their fans act like they ever had bragging rights over the Brady Patriots considering they cant beat us WITH Brady...who just OWNS that team in Pittsburgh AND Foxboro). I dont mind the Titans so id be fine with them if the Colts dont rep the AFC. I'm indifferent towards the Ravens. I also dont care much for the Chargers.

I like Tony Dungy,I like Peyton Manning,Dallas Clark, Bob Sanders, Marvin Harrison etc etc. I've been to a number of Colts/Pats games in Foxboro (96/98/99/01/ twice in 04 and 05/ and 2006. The Colts fans I talked to before/during/after the games were pretty badass.

IronMexican
01-03-2009, 03:04 AM
Idk how anyone can hate Peyton.

"Cut that meat!"

J.T.
01-03-2009, 04:12 AM
Idk how anyone can hate Peyton.

"Cut that meat!"

Yeah, you should watch his MVP acceptance interview on Colts.com. Dude sounds like he's going to take the trophy and divide it into enough pieces to give to all his teammates, he didn't even take any credit for it at all.

possessed
01-03-2009, 05:47 AM

Plus, his appearance on Saturday Night Live was pure gold.

monosylab1k
01-23-2009, 12:32 PM
I'll ask again, how the hell did this guy not win MVP?

http://wwwimage.cbsnews.com/images/2008/09/08/image4427884.jpg

Not Tom Brady, I'm talking about the guy on the ground using his helmet to rescue the AFC from curbstompage.

IronMexican
01-23-2009, 01:07 PM
Mono, were you a huge douche when the Pats were going 18-0?

CubanMustGo
01-23-2009, 01:34 PM
Then there's the dude who took a team that had ONE FREAKIN' PLAYOFF WIN IN 60 YEARS to the Super Bowl ... ONE effing vote?

http://mrmittens.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/warner-gloves.jpg

MajorMike
01-23-2009, 01:56 PM

lol

monosylab1k
01-23-2009, 03:25 PM

as a matter of fact yes, I did my very best CaptMike impersonation. People detested me during the 18-0 run, so I must have imitated that okie fag pretty well.

IronMexican
01-23-2009, 03:27 PM
But did you show up after they lost? Capt Mike is MIA for a while after a OSU loss.

BUMP
01-23-2009, 03:29 PM
Then there's the dude who took a team that had ONE FREAKIN' PLAYOFF WIN IN 60 YEARS to the Super Bowl ... ONE effing vote?

http://mrmittens.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/warner-gloves.jpg

Kurt Warner took the team?

i think Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin would like to have a word with you

CubanMustGo
01-23-2009, 04:18 PM
Kurt Warner took the team?

i think Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin would like to have a word with you

It all starts with the QB. If Matt Leinart was QB, they're under .500 no matter who is playing WR.

I didn't say Warner was the sole reason, but he's driven the team when Boldin's been out, when the running game was a total non-factor, and the QB generally is the one who gets the most credit for a team's success. Contrast that with the winner of this year's award who managed to lead his team to a loss against an inferior opponent in the first round.

Warlord23
01-23-2009, 04:26 PM

You bet he was. But he's paid for it with the amount of smack people ran on him and his choking Patriots after the SB

monosylab1k
01-23-2009, 06:14 PM
You bet he was. But he's paid for it with the amount of smack people ran on him and his choking Patriots after the SB

Funny, I don't remember you being around when Tom Brady curbstomped the Steelers last year. But I guess you've become numb to Tom Brady owning your ass.

monosylab1k
01-23-2009, 06:15 PM
But did you show up after they lost? Capt Mike is MIA for a while after a OSU loss.

I showed up that night and took all sorts of shit. Much more than any Steelers fans or Cowboys fans or Oklahomo State fags ever do.

bostonguy
01-23-2009, 06:45 PM
Funny, I don't remember you being around when Tom Brady curbstomped the Steelers last year. But I guess you've become numb to Tom Brady owning your ass.

Do you think Brady will be good to go before week 1? I know latest reports say he is rehabbing greatly but gave no timetable on his return. I also checked next years foes and we dont play the Steelers! :depressed

Chief
01-23-2009, 08:33 PM
I love Peyton Manning's game, Football isn't my #1 Sport so you guy's tell me

Was he really the best choice ? what About Flacco leading the Ravens in his rookie year. ?
Or Kerry Kolins of the Titans?

IronMexican
01-23-2009, 09:17 PM
Manning was the only choice. Matt Ryan was a better candidate than Flacco.