PDA

View Full Version : Slow Cooker pot roast

JoeChalupa
01-02-2009, 12:16 PM
Got a slow cooker for Christmas and tried it yesterday and it was the bomb!! The meat was very tender and the potatoes and carrots were very tasty. Easy setup and easy clean up.
Today I got some beans going.

clambake
01-02-2009, 12:18 PM
what kinda beans? got any pork in there for seasoning?

BacktoBasics
01-02-2009, 12:19 PM
I recently found some kickass slow cooker liners that make the cleanup even easier.

Saturday night you should toss in some barbacoa for Sunday morning.

clambake
01-02-2009, 12:21 PM
whats barbacoa?

JoeChalupa
01-02-2009, 12:22 PM
I recently found some kickass slow cooker liners that make the cleanup even easier.

Saturday night you should toss in some barbacoa for Sunday morning.

Now I could use some of those. Sunday barbacoa would hit the spot!!

JoeChalupa
01-02-2009, 12:23 PM
what kinda beans? got any pork in there for seasoning?

Pinto beans. Gotta have the pork. :tu

clambake
01-02-2009, 12:24 PM
no onions?

I Love Me Some Me
01-02-2009, 12:40 PM
Is a slow cooker the same thing as a crock pot?

JoeChalupa
01-02-2009, 12:43 PM
no onions?

Onions too and some garlic to help with the gas and cilantro and some of my secret spices as well. I'll make some rice later and some of my own pico.

ashbeeigh
01-02-2009, 12:43 PM
Have you heard of Sandra Lee JoeChalupa? She is a slow cooker goddess. She can make anything in a slow cooker, pasta, grilled chicken, brownies, roasts, etc. She's my hero.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51XWS1FFWGL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0696232642/semihomemade-20

JoeChalupa
01-02-2009, 12:46 PM
Have you heard of Sandra Lee JoeChalupa? She is a slow cooker goddess. She can make anything in a slow cooker, pasta, grilled chicken, brownies, roasts, etc. She's my hero.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51XWS1FFWGL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0696232642/semihomemade-20

Yeah, she's that "semi-home made" woman on the FoodNetwork. She makes some kick-ass table setups/dressings as well.
She also makes some great adult beverages.

clambake
01-02-2009, 12:47 PM
sandra lee may be the worst cook on earth.

mexicanjunior
01-02-2009, 12:48 PM
My girlfriend has a crockpot that she uses to slow cook meats and whatnot, it works wonders...

I. Hustle
01-02-2009, 12:48 PM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41tSLG6CQEL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
Trust me if you thought cleanup was easy before get some of these bad boys.

JoeChalupa
01-02-2009, 12:49 PM
I did see some recipes that said to use Cream of Mushroom soup with the pot roast but that sounded nasty to me so I just used my own rub of spices and it turned out great.

ashbeeigh
01-02-2009, 12:54 PM
Yeah, she's that "semi-home made" woman on the FoodNetwork. She makes some kick-ass table setups/dressings as well.
She also makes some great adult beverages.

Yeah. I love watching her...and the decorating on most of her episodes are very cute.

Not worst, but not best. If you're a purist in your cooking, like all dry ingredients and then all wet ingredients and you hate store bought items she id obviously not your kind of cook. But, for her target audience, SAHM, single people, novice cookers, etc. I think she's pretty cool. To each their own. Wait for the Iron Chef to come on.

There are some things I dislike about her. I saw her make a volcano cake once I was like "Seriously Sandra? You just made a triangle cake and are going to put some frosting on it and are getting paid for this shit? How am I not a millionaire?"

clambake
01-02-2009, 12:59 PM
her creations are foul. a swanson frozen meal would beat her in competition.

I. Hustle
01-02-2009, 01:00 PM
She sucks. If I watch Food Network (sometimes have to) Bobby Flay and Guy fiewhatever kick all their asses. Shout out to that guy that won that food network star deal too.

BacktoBasics
01-02-2009, 01:02 PM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41tSLG6CQEL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
Trust me if you thought cleanup was easy before get some of these bad boys.yep those are the ones I use.

I. Hustle
01-02-2009, 01:11 PM
yep those are the ones I use.

That is what made me start using the slowcooker I had

mrsmaalox
01-02-2009, 02:38 PM
I really love the slow cooker for meats and poultry, but I don't care to cook beans in it. I don't know what it is but they just aren't the same.

JoeChalupa
01-02-2009, 04:42 PM
I really love the slow cooker for meats and poultry, but I don't care to cook beans in it. I don't know what it is but they just aren't the same.

So far mine smell and appear to be going pretty good but I like to cook my beans slowly. But I've never done them in a slow cooker before either. My kids devour them when they are freshly made. They are already asking when they can have a bowl.

BacktoBasics
01-02-2009, 04:47 PM
JC I don't want to hear that you've put ribs in your slow cooker. I swear to god you better never do this.

Unless

you're making Caldo.

leemajors
01-02-2009, 05:02 PM
Yeah. I love watching her...and the decorating on most of her episodes are very cute.

i suppose there is a certain appeal to watching a death's head with cleavage on screen.

SpursWoman
01-02-2009, 07:20 PM
I got the one with the timer on it last year for Christmas and I love it. :)

I did see some recipes that said to use Cream of Mushroom soup with the pot roast but that sounded nasty to me so I just used my own rub of spices and it turned out great.

I've tried it with the mushroom soup a few times and it's actually really good. I've used the French Onion soup and the Lipton Onion & Mushroom soup mixes, too. All have been pretty damn tasty. :tu

I'm making a pork butt for pulled pork sandwiches in mine tomorrow. ;) :)

Rogue
01-02-2009, 09:04 PM
el se muy contenda

leemajors
01-02-2009, 09:58 PM
I got the one with the timer on it last year for Christmas and I love it. :)

I've tried it with the mushroom soup a few times and it's actually really good. I've used the French Onion soup and the Lipton Onion & Mushroom soup mixes, too. All have been pretty damn tasty. :tu

I'm making a pork butt for pulled pork sandwiches in mine tomorrow. ;) :)

cream of poblano works good too.

TDMVPDPOY
01-03-2009, 12:43 AM
im coming over biatches.....

i like me food serve on a platter

tp2021
01-03-2009, 12:58 AM
She sucks. If I watch Food Network (sometimes have to) Bobby Flay and Guy fiewhatever kick all their asses. Shout out to that guy that won that food network star deal too.

I like Good Eats. Alton Brown FTW.

Said the guy who doesn't know what barbacoa is.

whats barbacoa?

As far as "watching" goes, I'll take Giada and her very suggestive show. Heh heh.