PDA

View Full Version : Pixar's "Up"

Trainwreck2100
01-02-2009, 12:45 PM
9MSVaOfZcnU

Dex
01-02-2009, 12:47 PM
Looks like it should be a good one. These movies continue to impress me.

I think it was Dreamworks, but I just saw Kung Fu Panda last night and it ended up being better than I thought it would.

JoeChalupa
01-02-2009, 01:02 PM
I've heard good things about this one.

Trainwreck2100
05-12-2009, 11:46 PM
third trailers up

pkqzFUhGPJg

dog looks hilarious, bird looks hilarious

also some of the top critics saw it before cannes and they've given it good reviews

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/up/

Das Texan
05-12-2009, 11:57 PM
Pixar has this amazing thing going.

They are batting 1.000 in their full length animated releases. The worst was probably Cars, and that wasnt really awful or anything.

That alone should tell you that Up will probably be kinda good. :lol

Trainwreck2100
05-13-2009, 12:09 AM
Pixar has this amazing thing going.

They are batting 1.000 in their full length animated releases. The worst was probably Cars, and that wasnt really awful or anything.

That alone should tell you that Up will probably be kinda good. :lol

cars is far and away their worst movie

tp2021
05-13-2009, 12:26 AM
cars is far and away their worst movie

http://consumerguideauto.howstuffworks.com/cars-gets-it-right-cga.htm

Trainwreck2100
05-13-2009, 12:33 AM
http://consumerguideauto.howstuffworks.com/cars-gets-it-right-cga.htm

i'm not saying the cgi sucked i'm saying the plot did, it had its usual moments but it wasn't as engaging as their other films

MiamiHeat
05-13-2009, 12:35 AM
Up looks like it sucks.

Trainwreck2100
05-13-2009, 12:37 AM
the entire plot was
the car's a prick
the prick gets lost
the prick meets paul newman
the prick learns not to be a prick
the former prick loses race to a bigger prick
credits

moral of the story hey kids don't be pricks

Trainwreck2100
05-30-2009, 01:21 AM
saw it today, good movie but sad as hell

Spurminator
05-30-2009, 09:18 AM
Very sad, pretty dark... Not sure I'd recommend for kids under 7.

Spurs_9_20_21
05-30-2009, 09:32 AM
saw it today, good movie but sad as hell
why is it sad? is it sad like Marley & Me sad? (if you think that that movie is sad) Should I bring tissues? :lol

desflood
05-30-2009, 12:10 PM
Geez, really? We're taking the kids to see it tomorrow.

Trainwreck2100
05-30-2009, 07:13 PM
I think it will hit the parents more than the kids on the sad-ometer

ORION
05-30-2009, 08:03 PM
I think it will hit the parents more than the kids on the sad-ometer
My son and I loved it.

Frenzy
05-30-2009, 10:18 PM
the geezer and his lost wife ...sad? eh but that's before the movie even starts.

E20
05-30-2009, 11:00 PM
The Dog fuckign cracks me up everytime I see it.

Hi there my maste rmade this collar so I could talk to people....SQUIRRRELLLL.....................HI THERE.

mFFL03
05-30-2009, 11:14 PM
5 out of 5 stars

This movie made me want to flat out ball. It is certainly Pixar's most touching film, but not their best. The old geriatric moments and the dogs are the funniest.

here's a quote from rotten tomatoes:

Up may not quite rank as Pixar's finest film, but it is certainly the animation studio's oddest and bravest picture, and possibly its most beautiful.

kids will probably be immune to the sadness, unlike the 25+ year olds in the room.

exstatic
05-31-2009, 08:07 AM
If you have the chance, see it in 3D.

leemajors
05-31-2009, 09:37 AM
If you have the chance, see it in 3D.

i couldn't get my daughter to keep the glasses on. the 3D parts were neat, but i wish there had been more of them. movie was great. i almost fell out of my seat at the cone of shame line.

exstatic
05-31-2009, 09:51 AM
Generic 3D movie tip: keep the glasses. Next time there is any 3D move, buy a ticket to the regular version of the show at a close time (usually $2 less, per person) and then switch auditoriums. Instant savings. :)

Southwest Texas Fan
05-31-2009, 11:31 AM
Took my little girl last night and we enjoyed it. It is a little sad and different as well.

Cry Havoc
06-01-2009, 01:20 AM
This might be my favorite Pixar movie.

Sad, compelling, and absolutely hilarious at the same time, it's one of the few movies I have ever watched that has a very realistic chance of making you cry and laugh simultaneously.

I'll post a full review tomorrow, if I have time.

MiamiHeat
06-01-2009, 05:33 AM
Generic 3D movie tip: keep the glasses. Next time there is any 3D move, buy a ticket to the regular version of the show at a close time (usually $2 less, per person) and then switch auditoriums. Instant savings. :)

Possibly get thrown out and banned or arrested by the police to save 2 bucks per person?

nice advice

MiamiHeat
06-01-2009, 05:33 AM
This might be my favorite Pixar movie.

Sad, compelling, and absolutely hilarious at the same time, it's one of the few movies I have ever watched that has a very realistic chance of making you cry and laugh simultaneously.

I'll post a full review tomorrow, if I have time.

better than WALL-E?

because WALL-E is certainly the most touching imo.

exstatic
06-01-2009, 07:32 AM
Possibly get thrown out and banned or arrested by the police to save 2 bucks per person?

nice advice

:lol Who's going to find out? At any Mega-Plex theater, no one EVER checks ticket stubs after you get it torn entering your half of the complex. They just don't have the manpower to do that, and the kids that work there couldn't give a fuck anyway. My advice is environmentally sound, too. Why should you keep buying more glasses? They're just going to wind up in a landfill somewhere.

Mixability
06-01-2009, 11:48 AM
:lol Who's going to find out? At any Mega-Plex theater, no one EVER checks ticket stubs after you get it torn entering your half of the complex. They just don't have the manpower to do that, and the kids that work there couldn't give a fuck anyway. My advice is environmentally sound, too. Why should you keep buying more glasses? They're just going to wind up in a landfill somewhere.

For $2? :lol

Dr. Gonzo
06-01-2009, 11:53 AM

nice advice

Nobody is getting arrested for that.

desflood
06-01-2009, 12:42 PM
The beginning was sad for the adults, but the kids remained unaffected. My husband burst out laughing - he admitted later that it was either that or cry so loudly he would have to leave the theater in shame and embarrassment. :lol

Overall it was pretty entertaining. Not as amusing as Wall-E or as beautiful as Finding Nemo, but a good solid family movie. Dug was easily the best character. "I was hiding under your porch because I love you." :lmao

Partly Cloudy (the short) was okay, but couldn't compete with Presto.

CuckingFunt
06-01-2009, 01:30 PM
My advice is environmentally sound, too. Why should you keep buying more glasses? They're just going to wind up in a landfill somewhere.

You realize you can keep/reuse the glasses and still pay for a full price ticket, right?

Whisky Dog
06-01-2009, 02:15 PM
You realize you can keep/reuse the glasses and still pay for a full price ticket, right?

Now that would be unAmerican.

I don't think it's two bucks - when we went to see monsters vs aliens the regular was 8.50 and the 3D 12.50.

Cry Havoc
06-01-2009, 03:40 PM
better than WALL-E?

because WALL-E is certainly the most touching imo.

Sadly, I have yet to see Wall-E. But the worst part is, I OWN the movie. I just haven't got around to watching it yet.

LnGrrrR
06-01-2009, 03:46 PM
It hit home a little bit for me, because my wife's preggo and I was just thinking about how some people lose their wives, children and/or both in labor, and how amazingly horrible that would be. So it probably hit me more than I expected when I saw that scene where the doctor either tells her she's miscarried or that she can't have children.

LnGrrrR
06-01-2009, 03:47 PM
Also, they recycle the glasses.

leemajors
06-01-2009, 04:06 PM
The beginning was sad for the adults, but the kids remained unaffected. My husband burst out laughing - he admitted later that it was either that or cry so loudly he would have to leave the theater in shame and embarrassment. :lol

Overall it was pretty entertaining. Not as amusing as Wall-E or as beautiful as Finding Nemo, but a good solid family movie. Dug was easily the best character. "I was hiding under your porch because I love you." :lmao

Partly Cloudy (the short) was okay, but couldn't compete with Presto.

dug has a short that will be on the DVD. i think it's called Dug's Secret Mission. I have no doubt it will be just as entertaining as Burn-E.

caribbean_spur
06-01-2009, 07:45 PM
Sounds like a good movie, I'll go this weekend.

Wall-E was really touching, I can't wait to see if they can top that.

exstatic
06-01-2009, 08:06 PM

Kind of defeats the point, don'tcha think? :lol

1) CHEAPER TICKET SCAM

2) minor environmental effect.

unibrow
06-02-2009, 01:40 AM
http://thepiratebay.org/search/up%202009/0/99/200,600

Fpoonsie
06-02-2009, 08:43 AM
Saw it last night. Terrific movie. Really, REALLY touching, as several have mentioned already. The girl I saw it with was practically WEEPING. Hopefully, the tears had nothing to do w/ having to sit through it w/ me. [shrug]

BWS-1994
06-02-2009, 12:51 PM
Mr. Fredrickson sounds like Mr. Bean :lol

Looking forward to this movie though.

angel_luv
06-02-2009, 01:58 PM
Saw it last night. Terrific movie. Really, REALLY touching, as several have mentioned already. The girl I saw it with was practically WEEPING. Hopefully, the tears had nothing to do w/ having to sit through it w/ me. [shrug]

:lol

Silver21_Black20
06-05-2009, 11:58 PM
Just got back from seeing this movie and it was fantastic. The characters were great. Russell was adorable.

And yes, I cried my eyes out. Especially at the scene where the old man looks through "The Adventure Book" and it has their pictures in the "Things I want to do" section. Really touching.

jack sommerset
06-06-2009, 07:29 AM

You want to be a real cheap ass you can buy ur tickets at the computer some theaters have there and buy all kid prices. That saves you on average of 3 bucks per ticket. This is not advice. I would be way to embarassed if they actually checked the stub. You can always claim stupid if they did.

tp2021
06-06-2009, 02:39 PM
Beautiful movie. I would have to group it at the top of the Pixar world with the Toy Storys and Monsters Inc. Just fantastic. The one thing that may get on someone's nerves is the alpha dog's voice.

exstatic
06-06-2009, 04:10 PM
Beautiful movie. I would have to group it at the top of the Pixar world with the Toy Storys and Monsters Inc. Just fantastic. The one thing that may get on someone's nerves is the alpha dog's voice.

That could be annoying if the other dogs weren't surreptitiously mocking him for it. :lol

fraga
06-06-2009, 10:50 PM
If you have small children...I would say under 10...I would NOT recommend taking them to see this movie...it's got some pretty adult situations(sad) and is slow paced at best...Wall-E is a much more up beat love story...and exciting...Monsters vs. Aliens kicked the shit out of this movie in action/adventure...but if you're like me...and you have a small child...the one who needs loud fast paced action or comedy to keep their attention...I would wait for this one to come out on DVD...

slowchild25
06-06-2009, 11:42 PM
If you have small children...I would say under 10...I would NOT recommend taking them to see this movie...it's got some pretty adult situations(sad) and is slow paced at best...Wall-E is a much more up beat love story...and exciting...Monsters vs. Aliens kicked the shit out of this movie in action/adventure...but if you're like me...and you have a small child...the one who needs loud fast paced action or comedy to keep their attention...I would wait for this one to come out on DVD...

My 4 1/2 year old enjoyed this movie way more than Wall-E, Madagascar 2 and Monsters vs Aliens. It's been a week since we saw the movie and she's still babbling on and on about it.

fraga
06-07-2009, 09:54 AM
My bad...I should change small children to toddlers...between 7-10...

exstatic
06-07-2009, 10:53 AM
My bad...I should change small children to toddlers...between 7-10...

I went with my best friend, his wife, and their 10 year old. The kid loved it. There were 4-5 kids to my left, all maybe 6 or 7, and they talked and joked and generally cut up all through the previews and the short film, but they were dead silent and intent through the whole film. The worst behaved people in the auditorium were the late teenage girls in the top row that continued to take FLASH pictures during the movie.

fraga
06-07-2009, 12:05 PM
Did any of the kids pick up on the whole dying aspect of the movie...