PDA

View Full Version : Why is the Big XII so bad?

tlongII
01-02-2009, 05:39 PM
Is it because they don't play a meaningful non-conference schedule? Is it because the word "defense" doesn't exist in their vocabulary? After Ohio State beats Texas will the Big XII be dropped to a lower level in college football?

leemajors
01-02-2009, 05:42 PM
Is it because they don't play a meaningful non-conference schedule? Is it because the word "defense" doesn't exist in their vocabulary? After Ohio State beats Texas will the Big XII be dropped to a lower level in college football?

cherry picker.

dirk4mvp
01-02-2009, 05:43 PM
They have fun inflating their offensive number against each other's horrible defenses, then gets raped by a middle of the pack SEC team.

chode_regulator
01-02-2009, 08:57 PM
actually, i know their defense overall is ranked bad, but isnt UT's defense pretty good statistically? im pretty sure its just their horrid pass defense that has them ranked bad. arent the fag sooners also decently ranked? and how is teams like ole miss giving up 34 pionts considered good?

Slinkyman
01-02-2009, 09:09 PM
actually, i know their defense overall is ranked bad, but isnt UT's defense pretty good statistically? im pretty sure its just their horrid pass defense that has them ranked bad. arent the fag sooners also decently ranked? and how is teams like ole miss giving up 34 pionts considered good?

As far as PPG Texas' D is 20th while OU is 57th. I wouldn't call either decently ranked, maybe texas. But when you look at YPG texas goes to ilke 50 and OU to like 75. Oh and UF is 5th.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/stats/byteam?cat1=defense&cat2=Total&sort=1137&conference=I-A_all&year=2008

Cant_Be_Faded
01-02-2009, 09:09 PM
Ole miss had the 5th defense in the nation if the guys on espn radio are correct.

Slinkyman
01-02-2009, 09:11 PM
Ole miss had the 5th defense in the nation if the guys on espn radio are correct.

5th in the SEC actually.

dallaskd
01-02-2009, 09:12 PM
Yeah and Alabama is getting spanked right now too. So I think it really depends on what team shows up. The Big 12 has just had some tough match-ups early. Texas and Oklahome will win their games.

J.T.
01-02-2009, 09:19 PM
Yeah and Alabama is getting spanked right now too. So I think it really depends on what team shows up. The Big 12 has just had some tough match-ups early. Texas and Oklahome will win their games.

Oklahoma ain't gonna win shit, they can't stop anybody with an offense worth a damn. UF plays better D than anyone on OU's schedule. I bet you $100 Florida wins that game.

pkbpkb81
01-02-2009, 10:25 PM
Oklahoma ain't gonna win shit, they can't stop anybody with an offense worth a damn. UF plays better D than anyone on OU's schedule. I bet you $100 Florida wins that game.

i will take that bet

StylisticS
01-02-2009, 11:32 PM
Fuck the big 12..Go Gators and Hook Em Horns.

Duff McCartney
01-02-2009, 11:41 PM
Fuck the big 12..Go Gators and Hook Em Horns.

Eh?

BUMP
01-02-2009, 11:50 PM

so shutting down Tech's offense wasnt worth a damn?

tp2021
01-03-2009, 12:36 AM

It's funny seeing your avatar and your title so close together.

chode_regulator
01-03-2009, 01:10 AM
As far as PPG Texas' D is 20th while OU is 57th. I wouldn't call either decently ranked, maybe texas. But when you look at YPG texas goes to ilke 50 and OU to like 75. Oh and UF is 5th.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/stats/byteam?cat1=defense&cat2=Total&sort=1137&conference=I-A_all&year=2008

I wasn't aware taht top 20%, and probably higher than that since their is over 100 teams ranked, was considered bad?

chode_regulator
01-03-2009, 01:18 AM
Also, Texas was one of three teams to give up (and USC made it by a single yard) less than 1000 yds rushing all season. That is pretty shitty. And considering how many points OU puts up a game, I think they can afford to give up the extra 6 points compared to the teams in teh top 10 in pts given up per game.

But i still think OU will lose the CG bc they always blow it.

J.T.
01-03-2009, 01:49 AM

Not really, from that game and on Tech's team proved that they were overrated, overhyped and clearly had their stock inflated based on a miracle win against Texas. Meanwhile, Texas handled a Baylor team that nearly upset Tech and nearly blanked Kansas and A&M. The only reason OU's in the BCS championship is because they ran up the score.

And I still contend that Tech got away with ungodly amounts of holding when they played Texas, and so did OU when they played Tech. If the NCAA investigated OU's offensive line, I'm sure they'd find multiple cases of pre-draft NFL tampering. You're going to see Bradford get picked off a few times by Florida and a couple big plays come back on holding penalties since they won't have the benefit of Big XII refs in that game.

J.T.
01-03-2009, 01:50 AM
i will take that bet

I don't trust your intelligence enough to fill out my address properly when you mail me my winnings.

BUMP
01-03-2009, 10:57 AM
You're going to see Bradford get picked off a few times by Florida and a couple big plays come back on holding penalties since they won't have the benefit of Big XII refs in that game.

:lol i think your gonna be right with that one

pkbpkb81
01-03-2009, 11:29 AM
Not really, from that game and on Tech's team proved that they were overrated, overhyped and clearly had their stock inflated based on a miracle win against Texas. Meanwhile, Texas handled a Baylor team that nearly upset Tech and nearly blanked Kansas and A&M. The only reason OU's in the BCS championship is because they ran up the score.

And I still contend that Tech got away with ungodly amounts of holding when they played Texas, and so did OU when they played Tech. If the NCAA investigated OU's offensive line, I'm sure they'd find multiple cases of pre-draft NFL tampering. You're going to see Bradford get picked off a few times by Florida and a couple big plays come back on holding penalties since they won't have the benefit of Big XII refs in that game.

consdering he has only thrown 6 ints all year why would you thank this game would be any diffrent.

pkbpkb81
01-03-2009, 11:30 AM
I don't trust your intelligence enough to fill out my address properly when you mail me my winnings.

so you run your mouth, but when it's time to put put you run away, is it becuse you dont have a 100.00 to your name.

StylisticS
01-03-2009, 05:27 PM
Eh?

to make it less confusing, I should have put "the rest" after fuck. I don't mind seeing Nebraska succeed though.

johngateswhiteley
01-03-2009, 06:40 PM
so you run your mouth, but when it's time to put put you run away, is it becuse you dont have a 100.00 to your name.

to be fair, a $100 bet on the internet seems weird. but, it was his idea...guess he didn't think you'd take him up on it.

txallstar
01-03-2009, 10:00 PM
none of the conferences are great. pac 10, sec, big 10, big 12, acc, big east...

all conferences are competitive within themselves, other than that, couple of schools dominate.

come on now, really.....how many sec teams are dominant over all: florida, alabama (may be back), lsu as of late....ole miss may start to pan out 3 or 4 teams...

pac 10: usually usc, all others come and go

big 12: ut, ou, nebraska back in the day-hopefully come back,

big 10: ohio, michigan, pen state,

most conferences only have 3 schools that are consistently successful or ranked top 10 or 15, lots of cupcakes in every conference, pac 10 has the most cupcake schools

pkbpkb81
01-04-2009, 12:51 AM
to be fair, a $100 bet on the internet seems weird. but, it was his idea...guess he didn't think you'd take him up on it.

i dont even need his adress we could do the whole thing on pay pal