PDA

View Full Version : Chuck Liddell shoots down Couture, Silva rumors

dallaskd
01-02-2009, 08:36 PM
http://www.mmaweekly.com/blog/2009/01/liddell-shoots-down-anderson-silva-and.asp

dbreiden83080
01-02-2009, 09:05 PM
I thought Chuck was talking up a rematch with Keith Jardine a few weeks ago. You can seen how hungry he is to still fight.. Dana White said he wants a Chuck and Wandy 2, Chuck wanted it but seems like only if Wandy beat Page, we'll see if it still happens..

dallaskd
01-02-2009, 09:08 PM
Yeah he really wanted Jardine again. So hopefully that fight will get him back on track. Jardine is so streaky. If he beats Chuck again, Liddell is done.

dbreiden83080
01-02-2009, 09:11 PM
Yeah he really wanted Jardine again. So hopefully that fight will get him back on track. Jardine is so streaky. If he beats Chuck again, Liddell is done.

The first fight was a great great fight. I'd love to see it again. Chuck needs to mix it up better. He let Keith, pepper him with so many kicks, while chasing him trying to land that big right hand. But i'd love to see that rematch..

desflood
01-02-2009, 11:53 PM
Jardine probably wouldn't refuse the fight (you don't go against the company's wishes), but it wouldn't do anything for his career. Fighting an over-the-hill, out-of-shape former champ with no future title prospects that he's already beaten once? From Jardine's perspective, nothing good can come of that. It makes more sense to rematch Chuck with Silva.

dbreiden83080
01-03-2009, 03:35 PM
Jardine probably wouldn't refuse the fight (you don't go against the company's wishes), but it wouldn't do anything for his career. Fighting an over-the-hill, out-of-shape former champ with no future title prospects that he's already beaten once? From Jardine's perspective, nothing good can come of that. It makes more sense to rematch Chuck with Silva.

I don't totally disagree with that but Chuck is still a huge name in MMA and the first fight was dynamite.. Jardine could use a big fight, people want to see and this would be it..

djohn14
01-03-2009, 04:30 PM
:clapChuck should fight Cain Velasquez at a catch weight!

dbreiden83080
01-03-2009, 04:47 PM
:clapChuck should fight Cain Velasquez at a catch weight!

:lol

Evan
01-03-2009, 07:01 PM
First time I have ever seen Chuck take an interest in his career... I guess his passive "whatever happens is fine" attitude has finally caught up to him.

I agree with Des...Jardine is a no winner.

dbreiden83080
01-03-2009, 08:13 PM
First time I have ever seen Chuck take an interest in his career... I guess his passive "whatever happens is fine" attitude has finally caught up to him.

I agree with Des...Jardine is a no winner.

It's an exciting fight though. Jardine is not exactly Mr. Popular. An exciting rematch with Chuck can't be bad for him, no??

Evan
01-03-2009, 08:27 PM
It's an exciting fight though. Jardine is not exactly Mr. Popular. An exciting rematch with Chuck can't be bad for him, no??

I for sure see your point but to me Jardine is just a mess ......

I'd like to see him string together a few new wins before he comes into the title picture.

As of right now...Jardine is a LHW version of Gabriel Gonzaga. They are both fuglyier than a 50 year old man who just got a sex change and they do nothing but screw up careers including their own by being so inconsistent.

dbreiden83080
01-03-2009, 08:34 PM
As of right now...Jardine is a LHW version of Gabriel Gonzaga. They are both fuglyier than a 50 year old man who just got a sex change and they do nothing but screw up careers including their own by being so inconsistent.

:lmao

Ah Evan good stuff.. :toast

Evan
01-03-2009, 08:37 PM
*takes a bow*

Destro
01-12-2009, 09:43 PM
I don't think Chuck beating Jardine does much for his career either. To remake his career chuck needs a to KO a big name. He can't lose again before another win

dbreiden83080
01-12-2009, 09:47 PM
I don't think Chuck beating Jardine does much for his career either. To remake his career chuck needs a to KO a big name. He can't lose again before another win

Yeah but it's too late for Chuck to re-make his career other than maybe another big win or 2. He's almost 40 and he's shown he can't dominate the elite at 205 anymore consistantly..

Evan
01-12-2009, 10:25 PM
Yeah but it's too late for Chuck to re-make his career other than maybe another big win or 2. He's almost 40 and he's shown he can't dominate the elite at 205 anymore consistantly..

Look at Randy how to remake a career at that age and weight. Combat sports have proven many many times that 40+ fighters can still make noise in this world.

desflood
01-13-2009, 08:36 AM
Let's be honest. Chuck... is no Randy. He's shown no indication of being anywhere near Randy's level of discipline or adaptability as far as his career is concerned. He is probably still athletic enough to get in a few more wins, even at almost 40, but he'd have to cut back on the party life (which he loves) and get some damn ground training.

That's something I never understood about Liddell. He started out a wrestler, correct? It might behoove him to use some of that to his advantage. Skip the sprawl and do some grappling, Chuck.

Evan
01-13-2009, 12:25 PM
Let's be honest. Chuck... is no Randy. He's shown no indication of being anywhere near Randy's level of discipline or adaptability as far as his career is concerned.

Neither was Randy before he came back to HW and show he had evolved his game.

Evan
01-13-2009, 12:36 PM
That's something I never understood about Liddell. He started out a wrestler, correct?

I think he started out in Kembo and just did wrestling on the side until HS/College.

I'll check his book again.

and BTW I am not saying I think Chuck will re-emerge like Randy did because I doubt he has half the dedication Randy does. Chuck is way too old to start taking a serious interest in his career. I'm just saying its possible under the right team.