PDA

View Full Version : Kirk Herbstreit says college football's whole season is a playoff

K-State Spur
01-02-2009, 11:49 PM
So Utah just won the national title, right? Everybody else has been eliminated.

Sean Cagney
01-03-2009, 12:25 AM
So Utah just won the national title, right? Everybody else has been eliminated.

They need a playoff, until then we will not see who the true #1 is in college football. Auburn got jobbed I remember recently in the 00's too, no doubt the BCS is pure shyt.

samikeyp
01-03-2009, 12:28 AM
They need a playoff, until then we will not see who the true #1 is in college football. Auburn got jobbed I remember recently in the 00's too, no doubt the BCS is pure shyt.

You are correct sir, 2004.

tsb2000
01-03-2009, 12:41 AM
You are correct sir, 2004.

Indeed. That was also the year Utah went 12-0 and demolished a crappy Pitt team in the Fiesta Bowl that year. Utah got jobbed, too. The BCS wouldn't even let Utah have a sniff at a real contest.

Sean Cagney
01-03-2009, 12:47 AM
Indeed. That was also the year Utah went 12-0 and demolished a crappy Pitt team in the Fiesta Bowl that year. Utah got jobbed, too. The BCS wouldn't even let Utah have a sniff at a real contest.

Thats a fukkin joke, I am upset and I am not even a Utah fan. I feel bad, I really do...... I am a huge FLA fan and think they need a shot too sides that misstep against Ole Miss (Ole Miss is not a bad team as they proved today), but as far as one loss teams go I think FLA is right up there. I hate the fact I can't say a decisive champ now because of this game today, but it is what it is and I can't change it.

tsb2000
01-03-2009, 12:51 AM
I like the Gators as well, and I really do wish Utah could have a crack at them. It would be the whole "can the student become the teacher" storyline. Too bad it won't happen, so I will call my team the champs in spite of the BCS since we're the only undefeated team. :)

chode_regulator
01-03-2009, 01:08 AM
Thats a fukkin joke, I am upset and I am not even a Utah fan. I feel bad, I really do...... I am a huge FLA fan and think they need a shot too sides that misstep against Ole Miss (Ole Miss is not a bad team as they proved today), but as far as one loss teams go I think FLA is right up there. I hate the fact I can't say a decisive champ now because of this game today, but it is what it is and I can't change it.

why is fla's "mis step" against an unranked at the time team a lessor foul than UT's loss to Tech who was ranked top 10 at the time? I'm not arguing teh whole three way tie, but to say a loss to an unranked team is not worse than a loss to a top 10, whether or not they are overrated, is any better is just horseshit.

I just wish all the top tier teams would play each other more during the "regular season" than they do now. I mean how awesome would a UT-UF game have been in week 8? Or USC and Alabama been in week 6?

Sean Cagney
01-03-2009, 01:11 AM
I like the Gators as well, and I really do wish Utah could have a crack at them. It would be the whole "can the student become the teacher" storyline. Too bad it won't happen, so I will call my team the champs in spite of the BCS since we're the only undefeated team. :)

Yeah you can say it and I won't argue with you or laugh at you, you guys played that good tonight to prove you are contenders. Who is the best team? God knows? SC fans will say them, you will say Utah and I will say FLA if we win, the thing is we will never know who the best team was outta the three because they won't play. I think FLA and Utah are a good matchup though, your D is lights out against our O! How nice would that be? I also think Parker Wilson did not fair as well as Tebow would because he is not near as mobile or strong as him, and our O players are alot faster IMO, so it would be a nice matchup. Your D vs. the O, damn.

Sean Cagney
01-03-2009, 01:14 AM
why is fla's "mis step" against an unranked at the time team a lessor foul than UT's loss to Tech who was ranked top 10 at the time? I'm not arguing teh whole three way tie, but to say a loss to an unranked team is not worse than a loss to a top 10, whether or not they are overrated, is any better is just horseshit.

I just wish all the top tier teams would play each other more during the "regular season" than they do now. I mean how awesome would a UT-UF game have been in week 8? Or USC and Alabama been in week 6?

No argument here that would be nice. It seems they stick to conferences though pretty much and not much more, so it is what it is. I think Texas is better and more deserving than OKL to play in the game, do you agree? They won the head to head, thats what matters IMO. Texas is a good team too, very good.

chode_regulator
01-03-2009, 01:20 AM
It doens't matter. both teams had an argument over who deserved to be in it. i think ultimately, tech showed they really had no place ebing there. I think ifnothing else, voters should have looked at OU's recent bowl history and seen that they always blow it.

I also think that if the bowl system is giong to stick around, why have a no 7 play a no 25? fuck that. I know it wasn't a BCS game but still. make no 1 play no 2. no 3 play no 4 and so on. Enough of the stpuid SC goes to the rose bowl every dman year and so forth.

J.T.
01-03-2009, 01:31 AM
Texas is probably going to be the only Big 12 South team to win their bowl game.