PDA

View Full Version : Utah will win AP Title...

spurtime
01-02-2009, 11:58 PM
and the BCS will die...or so I hope. :wakeup

tsb2000
01-03-2009, 12:12 AM
I'm perfectly OK with that. Utah should be #1, no matter who wins the national championship game. :)

lebomb
01-03-2009, 12:14 AM
Agreed............the BCS is shit.

Sean Cagney
01-03-2009, 12:15 AM
Utah had a hell of a year and I give them props. I am a Gators fan so I hope they can go out and handle their business and show they deserve to be up where they are. Utah might finish #1 AP, no problems there as long as FLA handles their business and goes out and beats Oklahoma.

BTW the BCS won't die, keep wishing like I do every damn year to no avail. The fans want it, almost all of us.

johngateswhiteley
01-03-2009, 12:25 AM
meh, USC would smoke Utah. that being said, it would be pretty funny.

samikeyp
01-03-2009, 12:27 AM

I agree but they should have the chance to prove it. People thought Bama would smoke them and look what happened. I think SC kills them but hey, stranger things have happened.

Sean Cagney
01-03-2009, 12:28 AM

I think FLA would beat them too, Florida is better than Bama and proved it (Without the great Harvin out there). USC and FLA are the two best IMO, but then again playoff is needed to prove who is the best.

balli
01-03-2009, 12:34 AM
meh, USC would smoke Utah.
The same USC that got smoked by Oregon State, who in turn got smoked by Utah?

tsb2000
01-03-2009, 12:43 AM

Alabama was saying that yesterday, too. :)

tsb2000
01-03-2009, 12:44 AM

My point exactly. If USC had stepped it up and beat Oregon St., they wouldn't be worrying about not being in the big game. Utah didn't lose to anyone.

Sean Cagney
01-03-2009, 12:45 AM
My point exactly. If USC had stepped it up and beat Oregon St., they wouldn't be worrying about not being in the big game. Utah didn't lose to anyone.

So Utah should be playing against my Gators next week :toast:toast

tsb2000
01-03-2009, 12:48 AM
If I remember right, Florida lost a game as well this year...

johngateswhiteley
01-03-2009, 12:54 AM

1. Oregon State beat Utah fair and square...the refs had other plans

2. penn state killed Oregon State

3. USC didn't get smoked by Oregon State

...your argument doesn't hold water.

samikeyp
01-03-2009, 12:55 AM
If I remember right, Florida lost a game as well this year...

Yup, to Ole Miss.....our friends in Lubbock saw them up close and personal today. :lol

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
01-03-2009, 12:55 AM
What's the point of classifying these teams in the same division when half the teams are precluded from making the BCS CG before the season starts?

Girasuck
01-03-2009, 12:59 AM
1. Oregon State beat Utah fair and square...the refs had other plans

My ass they did. Look at the fucking replay. It was clearly pass interference.

chode_regulator
01-03-2009, 01:04 AM
why does everyone say a playoff will magically determine who is best? how many times in any sport, pro or otherwise, has a better team been beaten by a lesser team? more than i can count.

i'm not saying playoffs wouldnt be better, but lets say it was a playoff system....and utah won. would everone agree they're the best team. fuck no they wouldnt. and neither would anyone if texas won, or tech, or florida and so on.....

again, playoffs wold be better, but to say "a best" team will be determind bc of it is stupid

Sean Cagney
01-03-2009, 01:05 AM
Yup, to Ole Miss.....our friends in Lubbock saw them up close and personal today. :lol

Yeah fans of Texas on here were telling me TT could beat FLA and so on.... They always used the ole miss excuse to down me or FLA fans in here like it was horrible to lose to them, turns out they are not so bad after all. Ole Miss was a good team.

Sean Cagney
01-03-2009, 01:08 AM
why does everyone say a playoff will magically determine who is best? how many times in any sport, pro or otherwise, has a better team been beaten by a lesser team? more than i can count.

i'm not saying playoffs wouldnt be better, but lets say it was a playoff system....and utah won. would everone agree they're the best team. fuck no they wouldnt. and neither would anyone if texas won, or tech, or florida and so on.....

again, playoffs wold be better, but to say "a best" team will be determind bc of it is stupid

YEP that happens except in 7 game series, then the better team USUALLY WINS, thats the time you usually see the best team win it all barring injuries or horrible calls in a few games, even then you gotta lose 4. I agree with what you said though.

DMX7
01-03-2009, 02:07 AM
I agree but they should have the chance to prove it. People thought Bama would smoke them and look what happened. I think SC kills them but hey, stranger things have happened.

I didn't think Bama would smoke them especially without their best player. SC, however, would trash them.

IronMexican
01-03-2009, 02:18 AM
Andre Smith would have changed this game a lot.

Sean Cagney
01-03-2009, 02:30 AM

What heads who argue fail to realize, yet Utah players and their fans and so on who say they were the best..... Okay FLA beat them by three less points, okay! They were fully healthy with all their guns and FLA missed 25% of their O with Harvin, and hell he is wrth AT LEAST 7 points a game! Harvin not out there and their team at full strength and they stilll win it. I mean you can argue that all day, but seriously what I said is 100% truth and nobody can argue that, period.

lebomb
01-03-2009, 09:19 AM

So the New York Giants werent the best team in pro football last year? Kansas wasnt the best NCAA basketball team? Is that whay you are saying?

:lmao

pkbpkb81
01-03-2009, 11:35 AM
Yeah fans of Texas on here were telling me TT could beat FLA and so on.... They always used the ole miss excuse to down me or FLA fans in here like it was horrible to lose to them, turns out they are not so bad after all. Ole Miss was a good team.

any loss ao home in collage is a bad loss

pkbpkb81
01-03-2009, 11:37 AM

what we have now is far better then what it use to be like.

Cant_Be_Faded
01-03-2009, 02:20 PM
Utah has some pretty strong receivers. Seemed like every time they caught a pass against the highly touted, nearly invincible Alabama Defense, they "just wanted more". They racked up alot of yards after the catch against those speedy, lightning quick SEC defensive backs.

Girasuck
01-03-2009, 02:33 PM

Yes, indeed. Andre Smith would've changed the way Utah's offense dominated Alabama's defense. Andre Smith is so good that by just standing on the sidelines in uniform it would've stopped Utah's offense.

Give me a fucking break. Did you even watch the game? How in the hell would Andre Smith stop Utah's blitzing attack from the outside? That's where most of the pressure came from. Utah had a defensive plan in place before word came out that Andre Smith would not play. The entire blitz packages were designed to avoid Smith, and if you watched any of the game you would've seen that.

Alabama scored on a punt return and a short field fumble by Brian Johnson. Their offense generated a grand total of 10 points, with 7 of them gift wrapped by that Johnson fumble. You're trying to tell me that Andre Smith is good for 21 points alone? Please.

Cant_Be_Faded
01-03-2009, 02:41 PM
Alabama was always the penn state of the sec
lol

Sean Cagney
01-03-2009, 03:55 PM
Utah has some pretty strong receivers. Seemed like every time they caught a pass against the highly touted, nearly invincible Alabama Defense, they "just wanted more". They racked up alot of yards after the catch against those speedy, lightning quick SEC defensive backs.

Ahhhhh another dig at the SEC from a Big 12 fan! It is what it is, Utah dominated the game and I have nothing to say but good for them and FUKK BAMA (AS a FLA fan), I could care less if they lost.

lol

Forget them man :rollin:rollin. I am about as much of a fan of them as you are say Oklahoma!

Sean Cagney
01-03-2009, 04:03 PM
Yes, indeed. Andre Smith would've changed the way Utah's offense dominated Alabama's defense. Andre Smith is so good that by just standing on the sidelines in uniform it would've stopped Utah's offense.

Give me a fucking break. Did you even watch the game? How in the hell would Andre Smith stop Utah's blitzing attack from the outside? That's where most of the pressure came from. Utah had a defensive plan in place before word came out that Andre Smith would not play. The entire blitz packages were designed to avoid Smith, and if you watched any of the game you would've seen that.

Alabama scored on a punt return and a short field fumble by Brian Johnson. Their offense generated a grand total of 10 points, with 7 of them gift wrapped by that Johnson fumble. You're trying to tell me that Andre Smith is good for 21 points alone? Please.
I bet Bama apologists and fans will use that excuse like I heard the TED GINN excuse from Ohio State fans when FLA pummeled them. Funny I did not hear a peep from Mr. Saban and their fans were rejoicing that they would win the game after Percy Harvin (FLA's #1 playmaker) would sit out the SEECG game, they were not crying injuries then. FLA had two lineman out that game too on the D side of the ball, yet no excuses then and they were happy about it. Injuries are part of the game, no excuses it happens.

I agree 100% with what you said though, they lost the GAME on D pretty much and their O generated NOTHING really, they got whipped.

IronMexican
01-03-2009, 05:25 PM

Didn't say they'd win, but you must be an idiot if you don't think he'd help. Teams are built in the trenches.

cool hand
01-04-2009, 01:55 AM

not really, Utah knows how to beat Oregon State.

dirk4mvp
01-04-2009, 02:42 AM
lol

rofl

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-05-2009, 05:08 PM
Utah deserves some serious consideration for #1. Too bad there's no playoff system. It would have been great to see this year...a lot of parity.

But Utah was very impressive. They had a great gameplan and deserved to win. The BCS conferences sit on all the money, but there's some pretty darn good football played in the MWC.

Holmes_Fans
01-06-2009, 01:02 AM

The goal is not to crown the "best" team. The goal of a team is to put yourself in position to win the championship. If the Chargers win the super bowl, it doesn't matter that they went 8-8, they won the championship and that is all that matters. The "best" team hardly ever wins, but the "best" team is usually based on someones opinion anyways.

Every one of the top 8 teams deserves a shot at the NC this year and the BCS is hardly deciding who the best team in the country is. Only once in it's history has the clearly 2 best teams played in the game, USC vs UT.

Sean Cagney
01-06-2009, 02:11 AM
The goal is not to crown the "best" team. The goal of a team is to put yourself in position to win the championship. If the Chargers win the super bowl, it doesn't matter that they went 8-8, they won the championship and that is all that matters. The "best" team hardly ever wins, but the "best" team is usually based on someones opinion anyways.

Every one of the top 8 teams deserves a shot at the NC this year and the BCS is hardly deciding who the best team in the country is. Only once in it's history has the clearly 2 best teams played in the game, USC vs UT.
Of course it has to be UT in here because heads in here are form Texas, it could never be FLA on any year they won!!!!! I mean my GOD no team deserves it unless they go!!!!! FLA was the best team when they won in 06 and 06, hell Ohio State was #1 then and FLA beat them too, undefeated, as FLA State was when FLA beat them as well. Get real man, you guys are so bias in here for your teams, peace........

balli
01-06-2009, 02:19 AM
Utah is my alma mater and if I wanted to take the dog for a walk, I could be in Utah's stadium parking lot in like 5 minutes. And I'm not prepared to say they deserve the number 1 spot. And I'm not prepared to say they don't deserve it either. I just think that on any given saturday, they are just as good and as capable as TX, FL, OU and USC. And that how I'm looking at this season; 5 teams (any of which, on any week could be the best team in the nation) deserved a playoff.

chode_regulator
01-06-2009, 11:07 AM
So the New York Giants werent the best team in pro football last year? Kansas wasnt the best NCAA basketball team? Is that whay you are saying?

:lmao

That's exactly waht I'm saying. Don't you have a UTSA thread you should be starting or dreaming about?

lebomb
01-06-2009, 11:55 AM
That's exactly waht I'm saying.

Then you are a dumbass, and should have no business watching sports period. :wakeup

chode_regulator
01-06-2009, 11:59 AM
why am i a dumbass? bc i dont agree with you?

well i think youre stupid. so there. and you have no buisness watching sports.